John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    I think the only time we use spoiler tags for pics that aren't spoilery is a) if they are very big and would stretch the forum or b) sometimes because we feel sorry for our hardcore spoiler-free gang and want them to have a tag they can click on!

Spoiler-tagging is a fact of life on the forums - especially atm with the second half of season 3 still not having aired in the US - and I'd rather we over-tag than risk spoiling someone who doesn't want to be spoiled....
    And those hardcore spoiler-free peeps here appreciate the efforts!!!

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
    Those of us who don't want to be spoiled greatly appreciate the lengths the whumpers ahve gone too to keep us that way. ((HUGS)) to the Whumpers.
    Again, that Pea thing at work

Originally posted by prion View Post
    While I know that the second half of season 3 is off-limits and should be spoilered, I've seen people talking about what they'd like to see as whump in a future episode, done as a spoiler tag. I'd rather there be a decent compromise otherwise, perhaps a second whump thread should be established with nothing but spoiler talk...
    Actually, I do kinda agree with this.....anything speculative about S4 eps based on the info we get from JM should be spoiler-tagged BUT anything we WANT to see and HOPE to get is probably fair game. It's like me saying I'd love an ep with Shep being beaten bloody in front of his team - that's always my utmost wish so no need to spoiler tag that.

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
    Im baaaack!!
    YAY!! She's back!!

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Indeed. We have several VERY anti-spoiler folk here, and I'm more than happy to put things in tags for their sakes.

All of season 3 is off limits if it gives away plot info, because until it's aired in syndication we're not allowed to post any of it here. That's GW rules. I'm not even sure if all of season 2 has aired in syndication yet either.

I very much doubt the mods would allow a second whump thread, Prion. Not long ago they wanted to merge this with the JFT. Seriously, how difficult is it to click on spoiler tags? We have to respect those who want to remain spoiler free, and lots of countries other than the US won't even have had season three yet at all. So I don't see a problem. We'll be putting everything spoilerish in tags for season 3 for a long time yet.
    And I must say, it makes it SO much easier to get through the thread after missing a couple of days
    sigpic
    Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
      Did ya manage to huh? Huh? Did ya?

Not that I'm eager or anything. It's just your fic and Shoilio's are the only ones I'm reading at the moment.
      wow, thanks! Actually no. Tried again this morning. *pout*

I love this pic... well worth an intentional repost. I squeed a ridiculous amount when I clicked onto JM's blog this morning and scrolled down and saw that! Mind you, it makes me wonder if it's possible to take a picture of Joe when he's not filming *without* him having a cup of coffee in his hand or nearby!
      *dies at pic*

Quick fix for when the document loader isn't working on ffnet - go to your list of stories and pick an existing chapter of a story and export it (this puts the document into the document manager so you can edit it). Go to the document manager and edit the document and copy and paste your new chapter over it. Save the changes and then upload that document as a new chapter exactly as normal.
      ooh! thats a good idea! But, I dont have time to do that this morning! *pout*

Okay, another flyby posting *waves* I know I missed something as I had to skip pages again. *sigh*

Anyway, just wanted to say hi! ((HUGS))
      sigpic
      My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
        I've friended you!

As for your spoilered post bit...er, DITTO!
        you friended me yay!!

glad you agreed with me too!! btw i totally agree im looking forward to seeing what happens to everyone in season 4....i just like sheppy the most hehe...and well you all know how i feel about mckay and also carter so i wont go there...

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
          Morning whumpers just a quick flyby since I'm at work. Thanks for everyone who friended me. I will be friending you back.

As for the speculation I'm really hoping it doesn't have anything to do with
          Spoiler:
          the wife
          . I know I listed a few things last night, but now I got to thinking. I know scary. I was also considering:

S3 Spoilers
          Spoiler:
          Even though Kolya is no longer, we really didn't see a lot of emotional whump from Sheppard when he ran into him in Irresponsible. I would love to see something with Ladon that causes Shep's emotions and memories to come back reminding him of his captivity with Kolya. Since we really didn't see any of that.
          ooh that would be good!!
          Originally posted by Salty View Post
          YAY!! She's back!!
          *blushes* aww thanks salty!!

Comment

It's funny but most of you are saying that
            Spoiler:
            you have no interest in seeing an episode with Shep's ex because you can't emotional about a character we've never met before - yet most of you want to see an episode featuring Shep's father who we've never met before. And like SD has said look how well M&MM turned out, a lot of it is all down to casting if the casting is good you can care about a character right from the off.

But right now we really have no idea what this ep is about it could be anything, and JM is probably sitting in his office surrounded by hs books and action figures laughing his head off at all this speculation, so I'm quite happy to sit back and squee at the idea of a nice angsty emotional whumping. What happened to in Joe we trust?
            He is an evil, wicked man! LOL I'll bet his assistant scans the threads and then lets him know there is something interesting/funny going on.

I'm very hopeful about the ep. Speculation:
            Spoiler:
            I don't care what is, though. Since Joe pitched it, the subject matter would be interesting. He is all about moving the character forward and not being melodramatic, as someone said. And, he had the lovely idea about filming Vengeance all dark and creepy.
            I'm just all asquee over it, and the whole of S4!

Comment

ooh that would be good!!

*blushes* aww thanks salty!!
              Ummmm that is true we havent considered S3 final 10 eps
              Spoiler:
              Kolya as a possiblity - now that was something that we have all been talking about - how it was such a total waste of a character....maybe something to do with him....he should have caused Sheppy more angst when they met again and maybe there will be something that touches on that

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post

What she says!!! SQUEEEEEE for S4 and for the back 10 of S3!!!!!

I'm watching the marathon now and SO can't wait for tomorrow night!! Big decision to make - watch on the clearer 35" TV next to the computer or go watch on the 64" HDTV which doesn't get an HD signal and is not next to the computer? Help!
                sigpic
                Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                  Morning whumpers just a quick flyby since I'm at work. Thanks for everyone who friended me. I will be friending you back.

As for the speculation I'm really hoping it doesn't have anything to do with
                  Spoiler:
                  the wife
                  . I know I listed a few things last night, but now I got to thinking. I know scary. I was also considering:

S3 Spoilers
                  Spoiler:
                  Even though Kolya is no longer, we really didn't see a lot of emotional whump from Sheppard when he ran into him in Irresponsible. I would love to see something with Ladon that causes Shep's emotions and memories to come back reminding him of his captivity with Kolya. Since we really didn't see any of that.
                  That's a very good thought sherry, I'd green you if I could.

Comment

That's a very good thought sherry, I'd green you if I could.
                    I've greened her for you!
                    sigpic

Comment

I've greened her for you!
                      Aw! Thank you Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                        He is an evil, wicked man! LOL I'll bet his assistant scans the threads and then lets him know there is something interesting/funny going on.

I'm very hopeful about the ep. Speculation:
                        Spoiler:
                        I don't care what is, though. Since Joe pitched it, the subject matter would be interesting. He is all about moving the character forward and not being melodramatic, as someone said. And, he had the lovely idea about filming Vengeance all dark and creepy.
                        exactly....if joe pitched it (and they stick to his original idea coughepihanycough) then its bound to be good whatever it is!!
                        in joe we trust afterall!!
                        Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                        Ummmm that is true we havent considered S3 final 10 eps
                        Spoiler:
                        Kolya as a possiblity - now that was something that we have all been talking about - how it was such a total waste of a character....maybe something to do with him....he should have caused Sheppy more angst when they met again and maybe there will be something that touches on that
                        yeh...hmmm well theres return part 2, echoes, irresponsible, tao, the game, the ark, sunday, submersion, vengeance and first strike....only a few of those seem like possible things to touch upon.

btw ive added a bunch of people to my LJ (thanks to those who friended me)
                        i guess ill have to update it sometime...

Comment

exactly....if joe pitched it (and they stick to his original idea coughepihanycough) then its bound to be good whatever it is!!
                          in joe we trust afterall!!

yeh...hmmm well theres return part 2, echoes, irresponsible, tao, the game, the ark, sunday, submersion, vengeance and first strike....only a few of those seem like possible things to touch upon.

btw ive added a bunch of people to my LJ (thanks to those who friended me)
                          i guess ill have to update it sometime...
                          You know I cant think of anything else in any of those eps that it could be apart from the few things we have already discussed.....final 10 s3 eps
                          Spoiler:
                          unless it is the fact we discussed long and hard about the crash landing in The Ark leaving him without a scratch and really he has something seriously wrong with his brain (as suggested by Weir) and that causes him to collapse. He will end up intubated and nekkid under the infirmary sheet - and when he recovers there will be some doubt as to whether he can continue to fly - lots of angst and then it all sorts itself out with a happy ending -sounds reasonable to me

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                            You know I cant think of anything else in any of those eps that it could be apart from the few things we have already discussed.....final 10 s3 eps
                            Spoiler:
                            unless it is the fact we discussed long and hard about the crash landing in The Ark leaving him without a scratch and really he has something seriously wrong with his brain (as suggested by Weir) and that causes him to collapse. He will end up intubated and nekkid under the infirmary sheet - and when he recovers there will be some doubt as to whether he can continue to fly - lots of angst and then it all sorts itself out with a happy ending -sounds reasonable to me
                            Oh I love that scenario Sheppy - sounds very reasonable to me too.
                            sigpic

Comment

*squee* about the latest s4 spoilers I live for angst! I cannot shout that loud enough.
                              Shep angst is just *dies*

So, I'm very happy with the latest news.

Spoiler:
                              I'm not sold on the whole ex-wife thing, but ya know if it is that I'm sure JF has come up with a creative way of exploring it.
                              I would prefer more about Shep's air force backstory to be explored. We saw a bit in Phantoms, but we never saw what happened after the events of saving the guy. We saw it happen, but not what happened afterwards and stuff. If you know what I mean.
                              Also I have other theories but they are not really for this thread. But it has to do with the ancient tech machine thing they found in ToR and how it gave Rodney the healing powers. Could be linked somewhere in I guess. My cousin pointed out to be though that every theory I have on everything seems to lead back to Shep having something to do with that damn machine lol!
                              But personally I would quite like more back story about the fall out after what happened in Afghanistan. Like the time between what happened then and how he ended up being sent to Antartica. I think that could be a pretty angsty subject...and a lot more interesting in terms of him in Atlantis than a story about his ex-wife.

The only problem i see with that is that Phantoms aired in the first half of season 3 and JM said that we should be looking for clues in later season 3 eps

Oh and if the story has something to do with Michael then yay as well

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                              ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

You guys are so creative in your S4 speculations.

I think ...

Spoiler:
                                that if JF suggested the idea it is definitely going to have a physical/action aspect to the emotion. He seems to want his character to "do" things.

He also did seem to want some backstory so maybe all will be combined and triggered by incident.

Maybe Michael will try to get some payback on him and flashbacks will ensue. Remember he lost all his memories while on the meds. Maybe it will work the opposite on Sheppard.

Ok that was dumb but I had to get it out of my head.

So that was me being not so creative with my speculation.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X