John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
    ok. Nina, Lauriel, how did you two manage to get your unique avatars small enough to work on the forum? I followed the instructions in the FAQs (65x60 etc) but could not save the file size small enough to meet the 7?kb requirement. the absolute smallest I could get the file size to was 11kb. And it was a pic quite similar to what you two are using (GMTA)

Any tips?
    Don't know actually...Ali made the one I have...I love Shep in shades so she made a couple that I could choose from....I suck at anything to do with artwork
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

well, he really is a nice man and certainly not a boss from he** (have had those) but this is just really inconsiderate and its not the first time it's happened. I feel very taken advantage of and that does NOT fly with me.

*sigh* OK. off to the salt mine. bbl.
      sigpic
      My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
        Good to see my timing still sucks.

I'm doing well. Thanks. Just enjoying all things Sheppy before I head out the door to pick up my son in a bit.

Rats! mail came and no Exogenesis. Hopefully tomorrow then.
        I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
        If anyone wants a good giggle, go read this before it gets deleted.
        OMG that was hilarious....now go away. LOL!!!!!

Originally posted by mayogaelz View Post
        your mum will watch?!?!?!
        mine refuses to even let me play the dvds on the house tv anymore!

she did like window of oppertunity tho the only ep she ever liked!
        My kids like to watch it and I think it bothers my hubbie, but alas I don't really care.

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
        *is reminded of the old saying: Poor planning on your part does NOT constitute a crisis on mine." *

spoiler tag for rant... must let off a bit of steam...

Spoiler:

My boss just came through with all this stuff that needs to be done... in time for a client thing HE has at 1:30PM... that he knew about and said on Friday "Yeah, I'll take care of that stuff over the weekend" OK its now 12:15PM and he tells me all of this NOW?! and expects it ready?!

I understand that unforseen things can come up and we all have to be flexible but this wasn't unforseen, nor is this a one time thing. My co-worker and I have both seen this disturbing trend of him expecting us to be at his beck and call and springing things on us last minute. I'm rather irritated at him because I think it is very disrespectful not to have consideration for other people and their schedules etc.

*wonders if she'll see that offer from the other job courting her before Christmas*

*grinds teeth*

had to get that off my chest before I bit someone's head off.

Thanks for listening.

*shuts up*
        SGA, sorry to hear that your boss is such a or just acting like one at the moment.

Originally posted by caty View Post
        You know that really sounds authentic to me...

It's kinda weird though, because I do remember that Joe said that
        Spoiler:
        he looks like a 90 year-old drug addict at the end of the ep...

Now I really, really want to know the truth...
        Are there any conventions coming up soon??? Can anyone find out. I know the one here in Chicago isn't until August and I don't know if he'll be here or not. Man I hope he is. I wonder if he looks as good in person, I'm guessing a big YES!!!!!! Come to Chicago JF....Please!!!!
        sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
        &
        AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
          What the magazine says about Joe and Common Ground...

Spoiler:
          Near the very end of the episode, the Wraith ages him one more time. At that point, we really wanted to reduce his features down and almost make him look sucked on. That was actually played by another actor named Geoff Redknap. He actually played the dying version of Robert Patrick in the premiere two-parter. We needed a life cast of Joe, put it on Geoff's face, sculpted it down to really channel in the cheeks, narrowed in the neck, and saw the bone structure popping up.
          Yes I sent BamBam
          Spoiler:
          a link to the pic of really old Shep, that we had before CG aired, and asked him if it was Joe and he said no. It certainly is not Joe that we see at the end - whether any of the last scene sitting up at the tree is Joe I just dont know- I guess we will have to wait for the commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
            how can she not think too much about SgA!! *gasp*

wow, she reads your stories huh? And what does she think of you always hurting our dear boy???
            I know! But my mum is unique, shall we say? She has a different perspective on the world than most people. I mean this in a good way, she teaches yoga and meditation, has done a philosophy degree, and has done a (12 year) discipleship with a Swami, and she's very intelligent, and basically stuff like SGA bores her. It's pretty much the same with my whumping Shep in my stories, but as I said, she's interested in my writing, at least, if not the content.
            You know that really sounds authentic to me...

It's kinda weird though, because I do remember that Joe said that
            Spoiler:
            he looks like a 90 year-old drug addict at the end of the ep...

Now I really, really want to know the truth...
            In the article
            Spoiler:
            it said that they used his face as the model, then put it on the other guy - so both can hold true. They can use the other actor, but they've still made him look "like a 90 year-old drug addict"

Originally posted by SGAFan
            ok. Nina, Lauriel, how did you two manage to get your unique avatars small enough to work on the forum? I followed the instructions in the FAQs (65x60 etc) but could not save the file size small enough to meet the 7?kb requirement. the absolute smallest I could get the file size to was 11kb. And it was a pic quite similar to what you two are using (GMTA)

Any tips?
            I'm afraid you'll have to ask Ali, she did it.
            sigpic
            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

My mum doesn't get it either. She reads it because she wants to encourage my writing and likes to see what I do. She's not too interested in the content though. She does have hopes that I'll turn to some original work and become a world famous novelist, though. Actually, I wouldn't mind that either, but I'm not good enough.
              I think SGA needs some woman writers for their staff....why don't you write a script and get a agent....then you can give us spoilers on the upcoming shows.
              sigpic

&
              AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                I think SGA needs some woman writers for their staff....why don't you write a script and get a agent....then you can give us spoilers on the upcoming shows.
                And of course, I'd have to have lunch with JF to get his insight on his character... purely for research purposes...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SLC View Post
                  Yes I sent BamBam
                  Spoiler:
                  a link to the pic of really old Shep, that we had before CG aired, and asked him if it was Joe and he said no. It certainly is not Joe that we see at the end - whether any of the last scene sitting up at the tree is Joe I just dont know- I guess we will have to wait for the commentary.
                  I actually thought that it couldn't be Joe when I watched it
                  Spoiler:
                  because the man at the end was waaay too skinny. The whole body was skinnier than Joe's is. But since I thought I knew that it was Joe, I just believed it was some wardrobe miracle or something...
                  *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

And of course, I'd have to have lunch with JF to get his insight on his character... purely for research purposes...
                    But of course....LOL!
                    sigpic

&
                    AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                      I wonder if he looks as good in person, I'm guessing a big YES!!!!!! Come to Chicago JF....Please!!!!
                      Even better in real life!

OMG Mx and I have spent about half an hour or so rating the whump in all three seasons to date (min score is 1/2 and max 2 per ep). We figure that McKay is 1/2 a point ahead of Shep in the whump in season 3. The only season we have Shep getting a higher whump score is in season 1. Yes I guess we have finally lost it! (all three seasons added together McKay is 1/2 ahead- but he did much better than Shep in S2)

Comment

OMG Mx and I have spent about half an hour or so rating the whump in all three seasons to date (min score is 1/2 and max 2 per ep). We figure that McKay is 1/2 a point ahead of Shep in the whump in season 3. The only season we have Shep getting a higher whump score is in season 1. Yes I guess we have finally lost it! (all three seasons added together McKay is 1/2 ahead- but he did much better than Shep in S2)
                        True whumpers at heart

Mx never comes here anymore Is she OK?
                        *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

I actually thought that it couldn't be Joe when I watched it
                          Spoiler:
                          because the man at the end was waaay too skinny. The whole body was skinnier than Joe's is. But since I thought I knew that it was Joe, I just believed it was some wardrobe miracle or something...
                          Ii think we all look skinnier when laying down. I wish I could walk laying down then I'd look skinny all the time.
                          sigpic

&
                          AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

You haven't lost it - that seems like a reasonable thing to do.
                            sigpic

Comment

True whumpers at heart

Mx never comes here anymore Is she OK?
                              Yes she is- just busy with work, Christmas and having major work done on her home!! I will tell her she must pop in- maybe tomorrow night after she has spent time with her uncle

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                                Don't know actually...Ali made the one I have...I love Shep in shades so she made a couple that I could choose from....I suck at anything to do with artwork
                                Ok, thanks. It might have been the image. I'll play around with some other ones.
                                sigpic
                                My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X