John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josie View Post
    I've heard of people paying £50+ for autographs from the likes of Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner, unpersonalised ones at that.
    Ahhh but the unpersonalised ones are easier to sell on eBay....

Who knows, maybe in 40 years time the Gates will be as recognised as a phenomenon as Star Trek is and Stargate actors' autographs will command the same fees.

I have to say though, I'd have to like someone one HECK of a lot to pay £50 for an autograph.

*Admits shamefully that she probably would do so for Joe, even if it meant bankruptcy*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Ahhh but the unpersonalised ones are easier to sell on eBay....

Who knows, maybe in 40 years time the Gates will be as recognised as a phenomenon as Star Trek is and Stargate actors' autographs will command the same fees.

I have to say though, I'd have to like someone one HECK of a lot to pay £50 for an autograph.

*Admits shamefully that she probably would do so for Joe, even if it meant bankruptcy*
      Yeah but in one particular case I'm thinking of a guy on another board paid that to meet Leonard Nimoy who was his absolute hero since he was a kid, got there and was told that there would be no personalised autographs and then cued for an hour only to have the photograph snatched from his hand, signed and thrust back at him without his presence even being acknowledged. Nimoy didn't even bother looking up at him or saying hello, he was gutted to say the least.

From everything I've heard about Joe I don't think any of you have that kind of rudeness to worry about though, nearly every report I've read about him has mentioned how well mannered and polite he is.

Comment

Bummer. I've just read in a thread that my sig may be illegal once they put the new automatic sig limits on. Apparently it's gonna be jpeg only... no gifs allowed. *sigh*

I love my little animated Shep golfy sig...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
          Indeed. Some fans actually paid thousands of dollars to be walk on extras on SGA and SG1. The money went to charity though, which was nice.
          Well as long as a fair % of the £15 goes to Joe I will be happy!

Comment

Yeah but in one particular case I'm thinking of a guy on another board paid that to meet Leonard Nimoy who was his absolute hero since he was a kid, got there and was told that there would be no personalised autographs and then cued for an hour only to have the photograph snatched from his hand, signed and thrust back at him without his presence even being acknowledged. Nimoy didn't even bother looking up at him or saying hello, he was gutted to say the least.

From everything I've heard about Joe I don't think any of you have that kind of rudeness to worry about though, nearly every report I've read about him has mentioned how well mannered and polite he is.
            It's never fun to end up having that kind of experience...it's basically the same as what my friend ended up feeling like...She saw David Boreanaz and James Marsters in London 2 years ago...David is the one she likes of the two...he basically ignored som people,, she said he just walked passed her without even looking at her...while James stopped and talked a little bit to her and just because she had come from Sweden to London to see them he gave her a kiss on the cheek,,,,but I can tell you I had to hear about it for some time after it how dissapointed she was at him and how it had somehow made her think a little less of him...
            She is happy for me that I'll get to meet Joe since she sure has gotten an earful of how much I like him and she said she sure hopes I get a better experience then she did....
            sigpic
            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Bummer. I've just read in a thread that my sig may be illegal once they put the new automatic sig limits on. Apparently it's gonna be jpeg only... no gifs allowed. *sigh*

I love my little animated Shep golfy sig...
              oh no!! my sister will be annoyed she loves her gif oh to be the chocolate siggie!!and i love looking at your sig ALI, golfing sheppy is hot!!
              boo stupid rules..

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SLC View Post
                Well as long as a fair % of the £15 goes to Joe I will be happy!
                Me too!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                  Me too!
                  Me also. I like to think that I will be contributing a little bit towards the added expense of another mouth to feed.. and all those nappies and baby clothes...
                  sigpic

Comment

Uh oh. I killed the thread. Where'd everybody go?

Would some fic tempt you back?
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm here ,,,just got back home after visiting my parents...
                      sigpic
                      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I'm here and abouts. I'm trying to make a Firefly mood theme for lj. It's more difficult than I would have thought but does give me a good excuse to rewatch all that Mal whumpage.

Comment

im still around too, but im trying to write an essay on julius caesar and the invasion of britain at the same time....as well as singing to some music whilst i write...multitasking lol, tho i would much rather watching some whumpy eps or something right now!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

I'm here and abouts. I'm trying to make a Firefly mood theme for lj. It's more difficult than I would have thought but does give me a good excuse to rewatch all that Mal whumpage.
                            Ooooh Firefly. Damn I loved that show.... *sigh*
                            sigpic

Comment

Here's a sneak preview of my new fic, An Ill Wind That Blows (written for the Sheppard HC LJ challenge using the Elements prompt).... this is the opening few paragraphs of the Prologue. As you can see, I am trying not to dive straight into explaining everything that is going on, as I usually do, and instead let the reader work out for themselves what is happening....

Spoiler:
                              The noise was unlike anything he had ever heard.

The wind didn’t just gust and shriek like in bad storms he’d experienced back on Earth; it roared and growled. The noise was deep and angry and absolutely terrifying. He huddled in the gloom, bodies packed in tightly around him, and listened to the wind stalk them, rattling and shaking the buildings above, snarling its discontent at being robbed of its prey.

The faces around him were pale, pinched with fear and dreadful anticipation. They huddled together in the darkness, hunched over, instinctively cringing from the howling noise above, the imminent threat of violent destruction. He found himself flinching along with them as something crashed loudly overhead; the roar of the wind was so close, so loud, that he fought the urge to cover his ears.

His heart was racing, fear and adrenalin singing in his veins. He was surrounded by people, crushed together in this small, cramped space, and yet he’d never felt more alone. Alone and terrified. He wished desperately that his team – his friends – were with him. As scared as he was, as much as the awful tempest raging outside made him fear for his life, the overriding concern that tightened his chest and made it hard to breathe was for his friends; for the first time in his life, he understood what people meant when they said that the worst thing was not knowing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                                im still around too, but im trying to write an essay on julius caesar and the invasion of britain at the same time....as well as singing to some music whilst i write...multitasking lol, tho i would much rather watching some whumpy eps or something right now!!
                                Well it might not be whumpy epis but atleast it's something...

Spoiler:

sigpic
                                Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Working...
                                X