Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion Question of the Week

From Libero:

What would have happened if someone of Shep's team had been a witness to his torture in "Remnants"? Wouldn't it have been great to have a talking between Shep and ? about Kolya's psycho speech?
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the late question. Had a surprise Date Night with Hubby.

Guess it just starts off our busy weekend. There is a Celtic Festival going on and we got weekend passes. We will head up tomorrow morning and probably stay most of the day. Sunday we will head up again, but this time we will be meeting some friends. Tired just thinking about it.

Copter and Taris, glad you are having a great time.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        Sorry for the late question. Had a surprise Date Night with Hubby.

Guess it just starts off our busy weekend. There is a Celtic Festival going on and we got weekend passes. We will head up tomorrow morning and probably stay most of the day. Sunday we will head up again, but this time we will be meeting some friends. Tired just thinking about it.

Copter and Taris, glad you are having a great time.
        OO a Celtic Festival.. You should take pics! I would love to see one. Have a good time and try not to wear yourself out.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
          OO a Celtic Festival.. You should take pics! I would love to see one. Have a good time and try not to wear yourself out.
          I will be taking the camera. We tend to take a lot pics now that we are digital.
          sigpic

Comment

thats the beauty of a digital camera for sure! Just get a big memory card, click like crazy and you can sort it later. No wasted film.
            sigpic
            My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
              thats the beauty of a digital camera for sure! Just get a big memory card, click like crazy and you can sort it later. No wasted film.
              No wasted film. No wasted money developing bad pics. Can take tons of pics and bore people to death with them. Yay! Last year we took pics almost every week from the Ren Faire and I posted them on Facebook. Upside of that was I got lots of people to go with us last year by them just seeing the pics.
              sigpic

Comment

No wasted film. No wasted money developing bad pics. Can take tons of pics and bore people to death with them. Yay! Last year we took pics almost every week from the Ren Faire and I posted them on Facebook. Upside of that was I got lots of people to go with us last year by them just seeing the pics.
                sigpic
                My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Shep groans: nooooo mooooore picssss pleeeeeeeeeeeze
                  sigpic

Comment

Good Morning Whumpers! Coptaris is slowly waking up
                    sigpic

Comment

From Libero:

What would have happened if someone of Shep's team had been a witness to his torture in "Remnants"? Wouldn't it have been great to have a talking between Shep and ? about Kolya's psycho speech?
                      That's a really interesting question, although I am so exhausted I have no idea if my answer is going to make any sense or not I think it would have been harder on Shep to have his team there. He would have worried about what Kolya would do to them. I think that moment of naked fear that we saw in his eyes right when Kolya was about to chop off his hand, he would have fought tooth and nail to hide in front of others. At the same time, he might have been able to draw strength from having a team member to vent to (in a completely sarcastic way/humorous way, I think). But I think it was his preference to not have any witnesses to his pain/torture/helplessness. We're supposed to believe that the torture was of his own making: this time he was completely alone, not under the gaze of his command/friends/team members.

Hope that somewhat answered the question
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                        Good Morning Whumpers! Coptaris is slowly waking up
                        Good morning Coptaris! Do I even need to ask if you guys are having fun?
                        sigpic

Comment

Great answer Angsty and I completely agree with you!!
                          sigpic

Comment

we are having a good time hope things are going good for you angsty! *hugs*

I love your answer! that makes a lot of sense!
                            sigpic

Comment

Angsty! {{squishyhugs}}
                              Long time no see
                              How long is it 'til moving day? I hope you're ok ... oh, besides exhaustion ...

Thanks for answering the question.
                              It makes sense to me and I think alike.

Will come up with a proper answer later
                              sigpic

Comment

From Libero:

I've read a few fanfics that explored his team finding out what he had seen and helping him deal with it. The best one was with Rodney who realized that beyond the "torturing himself" aspect was the fact that Sheppard never stopped fighting back, still managed to escape even injured, and never gave up or broke down giving the enemy what he wanted so maybe that was what was really important and the deeper meaning of the scenario. Maybe the entity didn't understand Sheppard as well as it believed.
                                John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
                                sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
                                Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Working...
                                X