Dr. Peter Grodin Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joanne1138
    I don't what to say apart from the fact I am very annoyed at TPTB. *sniff* First
    Spoiler:
    Markham in the Brotherhood
    and now Grodin.
    Spoiler:
    And Bates comatose!
    Are TPTB on a warpath with my favourite minor characters or something???
    It's probably their way of making the stakes much higher... upping the ante... heighten the drama etc etc. I think they really want us to buy into the "War has many casualties" idea much more vividly. It's much more upsetting to kill off people that are liked... it certainly evokes much more emotion.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
      I'm rather more hopeful grodin is alive after rewatching the explosiion frame by frame.
      there's an odd bit of debris that comes off at slighlty iffy trajectory - at first I wondered if it was a dart - though that seems foolish for wraith to do when also firing on the ting. rewatching it appears its part of the satellite - at the side that sort of detaches/undocks and moves away.

I could just be debris but it moves across screen deliberately away into ur view, like its filling the corner - meant for us to see?

I thought i might be imagining it but a friend rewatched it and agrees it looks to be moving faster than the other debris and looks too shiny and pointy for a dart but like part of the the satelite.

They also pointed out they were expecting a much large explosion considering theres a naquadah generator on board the satelite - since the explosion from one in hotzone was quite big.
      That might point to the bit they docked to being the same bit that might be detaching - and if so likely to have both Grodin and the generator on - explains the odd debris and the lack of big explosion.

Far fetched I know but not impossible. I really hope this might be becasue I want the character back and he was listed as being in part 2 on imdb.

Here's a rather unclear screen cap I got of it as it moves away - couldn't get any better unfortunately.
      http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/1..._whatsthis.JPG
      Nice find

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
        Nice find
        Well I really don't want him to be dead.

Also after further rewatching it seems quite possible that detaching bit (if that's what it is) is on the same side the pj docks - looks very similar form the various undocking/docking scenes, so could be a bit very nearby to his last known position.

And there's more to this, that I've been disucssing with a friend in detail - its either right or a very big exercise in coincidence and wishful thinking
        Last edited by Purpleyin; 26 January 2005, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz

KINSEY: Commander Thor, my name is—
          THOR: Senator Kinsey. O'Neill suggested I send you to a distant planet for your actions here but I am reasonably certain his statement was in jest.
          KINSEY: I'm sure it was Commander.
          [Kinsey raises his finger, about to speak, but Thor raises his finger as well and does not allow him to interrupt]
          THOR: Supreme Commander. It is the opinion of the Asgard High Council that Stargate Command should be left in the very capable hands of General Hammond and his team. And while our continued friendship with Earth is not contingent on that, it is preferred.

I have a new sig pic for you...

It seems to fit your theme.

The URL is: http://www.imagevenue.com/loc258/a1a_Anubis\_ship.gif
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

we may see him again. After all, just think about all the times that Daniel has died! It makes you wonder!

And I'm sure I saw an interview somewhere, that Craig Veroni (i think that's who plays Grodin) is scheduled to be in season 2.

i haven't seen the seige part 1 yet, (i'm in the UK) but is he definitely dead? (i.e. an inescapable nuclear explosion, a wraith sucked the life out of him, etc) He may have just been mortally wounded!

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmeister
              we may see him again. After all, just think about all the times that Daniel has died! It makes you wonder!

And I'm sure I saw an interview somewhere, that Craig Veroni (i think that's who plays Grodin) is scheduled to be in season 2.

i haven't seen the seige part 1 yet, (i'm in the UK) but is he definitely dead? (i.e. an inescapable nuclear explosion, a wraith sucked the life out of him, etc) He may have just been mortally wounded!
              Well we have no idea if he did interview before or after filiming and besides that he wouldn't be alowed to say.

As for dead - the last known place he was at got obliterated but who's to say he didn't escape. There's hope for at least a while and maybe later seasons depending on what theory you bank on.

Comment

I don't know if this has been bought up but i was watching grace the other day and noticed that grodin was one of the bridge crew at the start dunno if he was actually playing grodin or went by some other name but im sure it was the same actor.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thedon
                  I don't know if this has been bought up but i was watching grace the other day and noticed that grodin was one of the bridge crew at the start dunno if he was actually playing grodin or went by some other name but im sure it was the same actor.
                  It's only been brought up about 400 times.

Comment

With gateworld down I got bored and installed GIMP and made some LJ icons of - guess who - dear Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                      With gateworld down I got bored and installed GIMP and made some LJ icons of - guess who - dear Peter.
                      Cool...what's gimp?

Comment

GIMP is opensource (free!!!) graphics program.
                        http://www.gimp.org/

I can't afford anything else and not sure of what was a good WindowsXP free graphics program was, hence I went with what I know from my linux usage which happens to be multiplatform. Only thing is there aren't many text options which isn't great for icons making.

Comment

I decided to read the spoiler and thats rubbish, how can they kill off the only english guy in it, he was a leg, but i suppose if it had to happen. Still im annoyed about that.
                          'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
                          'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Gunner
                            I decided to read the spoiler and thats rubbish, how can they kill off the only english guy in it, he was a leg, but i suppose if it had to happen. Still im annoyed about that.
                            I think Grodin is actually the first non-American to die on Atlantis. Brits shouldn't lose all hope, I think I've seen a few more UK flags running around Atlantis.

P.S. Is "Brits" or "British" an okay term to use if I want to include everyone from the UK? If not, I'll edit my post.

Comment

Brits or British, its all fine for me.

And by the way which episodes are these UK people in - I've only just got new glasses so my eyesight was not good enough to make out flags and such like.
                              ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                                In Memory of Peter Grodin

Death came quickly
                                While others waited patiently
                                The seconds seemed like years
                                But there was no time for tears
                                In a flash all was gone
                                Hence all your days since you were born
                                Are now but memories of a world in jeopardy

A scholar, called to adventure
                                Entangled in situations beyond the mind's realm
                                The path you trod was all too new
                                And now one journey's come to an end.

We who are left weep for him who is no more
                                Atlantis farewells him who gave his life
                                Colleague, comrade and recent kin
                                The man who was Dr Peter Grodin.
                                Ah hell...I only watched "Siege" yesterday and now read this...Honestly, I'm such a wuss, it made me cry (But then I write poetry like that as well (shameless plug: You can click here )) It *always* gets me. Kinda sad that the only Brit with a significant role had to go like that....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                                ~CELLO!~
                                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Working...
                                X