This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vamped_me
    He's annoying. He's obnoxious. He's arrogant. He's a drama queen. He's got hypochondriac tendencies.

Which is exactly why I love him.
    I also hated him on SG-1 (as we were supposed to); but find him fun on Atlantis for the reasons you say. And just when you think he's being insufferable he'll do something kind of brave. I think DH said in an interview something about McKay having the book smarts but he doesn't know if he can pull of the stuff in the real world. So he's always finding out--"can I handle this?" that makes him endearing.

Comment

I think McKay's great!
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I love him too plus I want to see him as a kid being questioned by the CIA for his *questionable* model.
        The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
        Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
        Wash: It did seem to resemble-
        Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

I've been in love with McKay since the minute he called Carter a dumb blonde. Not because I don't like Carter, quite the opposite in fact, but because anyone who has enough snark and arrogance to actually do so and believe it, has points in my book (what can I say, I love snark and arrogance). Was so excited to find out he was going to be on Atlantis, and I've been loving him on that, being able to see all his many complex layers. He's become my second favorite character ever!

And that's my two cents...
          My LiveJournal
          ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

McKay is a great character for the show and David Hewlett does an excellent job portraying him. LOL! That being said, I personally would never want to have to be around a person like him. Can't stand his arrogance.
            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
            Individuality is freedom lived.
            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

I completely adore McKay!!! He's a hilarious snarky arrogant, yet still very smart, and can be courageous and selfless when the situation presents himself. I completely love the interaction between him and Sheppard as well as him and Zelenka. I laugh almost every scene he's in!!! He's such a child sometimes, (hide and Seek "invulnerable)

As well I really love David Hewlett. he's hilarious!!

I just watched this movie from 1997 with him in it, called The Cube... man was it screwed up... but a role I can definately see him in. Snarky, pessimistic... not lovable like McKay though...

OOH, as well, my FAVE two people to see in a room together (sides Sam and Jack) is Sam and Mckay

Spoiler:
              I can't WAIT for Moebius!!!
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

I generally love McKay, and he is played fabulously by Hewlett, no doubt about that. I can't imagine Atlantis without him.

However, I have to say that in 'The Siege Pt 1'
                Spoiler:
                McKay really really got on my nerves. I'm used to him being arrogant and sometimes insulting, but he went overboard. I wanted to smack him for some of the things he said -- to Zelenka and Grodin in particular. I realize that it's his 'way' of showing stress, but it's disgusting. It really made me upset and disappointed with him.

Comment

Argh. McKay. I'd strangle him if I could. He's so annoying and arrogant and just hearing him talk makes me want to kill him in a most painful way.

And yet, somehow...
                  I like him.

He's like cancer. You just gotta get used to him and he ends up growing on you and before you know it, you can tolerate him. And that eventually even leads to liking him and then to respecting him, even if he's a complete *insert bad word here*.
                  Like in the recent episode, The Eye.
                  Spoiler:
                  When he stepped in front of the gun that commander guy had pointed at Weir, I couldn't help but go "Awh! How sweet!" And when he stood up for her again later and the commander guy was pushing him back over the railing but McKay wouldn't back down. It was touching, I admit.

Yeah, there's just some moments where you gotta love him, despite of everything else.

But my all-time favorite SG: Atlantis character, if not my overall favorite character for Stargate, is Carson Beckett. You gotta love them Scots!
                  And, me being an Original Star Trek fanatic, he's like McCoy and Scotty rolled up into one! You just can't beat it!
                  Last edited by Jeril; 26 January 2005, 07:18 PM.
                  !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

mckay is a good guy, alittle annoying tho, sometimes.

beckett is cool yea, but in the eye when he kept saying "AYE, aye aye aye" i was getting mad.

Ford and sheppard are my favorite, they rock
                    "I was just looking at the sky, Trying to figure out how many stars we'd actually been to."

Comment

He grows on you just like Carter did, if you saw the movie then carter is kinda like McKay if that made any sense.
                      So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
                      And we never even know we have the key.
                      Already Gone---------
                      The Eagles-----------

Comment

McKay is the best thing about Atlantis.

We should all send prayers of thanks to our Lord God Brad Wright for having the forsight of putting McKay into the show rather than that "Benjamin Ingram" person that was talked about.

BYE
                        "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

He became one of my top two favorites in Sg universe.

If those two would only get toghether, but thats another thread. . .
                          RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I really hated McKay when he first showed up in Atlantis...whiny smart geek is too close to home, methinks.

But I like how he grew up in 'The Eye' and I think there's strong potential for him in the future. In fact, I like him quite a bit..his good side that is. Hopefully the other Atlantis characters will get similar chances to grow.
                            sigpic

Comment

I just dislike the Eye, he didn't shine in it really, my favorite for him so far was the dancing hamsters one, I forgot the name

Plus, the Eye fed the McWeirs to much

Viva la McShep!
                              RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Jupiter(the planet)is a great place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there.

So, too with MacKay; I love his character but I wouldn't want to live with him.
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X