Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, buttons!

(I noticed that sharpening the shrunken images helps things immensely.)

And the McDonalds buttons! (We are SO going to get sued... )

On to the big mcweir.com button for my sig and aaobutton's request for a balcony sig!

btw Hans, I KNOW groovekitty wanted some McKay/Weir buttons for geek-love.net. Want me to pass on the word?

Also, since ff.net doesn't allow http urls in PMs, does this mean I can't even write mcweir.com or even mcweir.(space)com? I don't know how smart the program is.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
      Very pretty, have put them on the index page with a link to your LJ as credit.
      Thanks!

Also, is there anywhere you'd like me to link to on the index page where I credited you? I linked to angeliques LJ because I know of it (though if you want me to change that let me know, Ang), so would you like a link to your homepage, LJ, or a profile somewhere (ff.net, here, somewhere else entirely...) Your choice.
      I don't know anywhere else you'd link to, besides my GW profile. Like NotANumber said though, not much point in that.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
      Yay, buttons!

Oooh!!! Love these!! My faves are the last 2 and the red McDonalds.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

All those buttons inspired me to finish up my Xmas present to you all! Made possible by swapping around Fanwoman's great photomanip.

Feel free to upload anywhere or snag as a sig.

You guys rock! Here's to a shippy new year!

Comment

All those buttons inspired me to finish up my Xmas present to you all! Made possible by swapping around Fanwoman's great photomanip.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...acebetween.jpg

Oh pretty!

Can I snag as a sig? I'm going for a rotating siggy to support all my multi-shippiness...Caz has me on this one...

Comment

The second half of SGA, season 2 has finally started airing on scifi!!! Saw The Hive! Yay! I thought it was really cute when
            Spoiler:
            rodney's idc comes through, because she looked so happy!!!

Comment

That is absolutely beautiful! I'm so snagging it. But I still want the balcony one too! I'll have to do a rotating sig, what was that link to that place again?
              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Since there wasn't anything really shippy in Childhood's End, how about moments from Poisoning the Well? They're only in 2 short scenes together, and I didn't get anything shippy from it, but maybe somebody else will.

Comment

AthosianGal, you're more than welcome to the sig! The more the merrier!

FOR EVERYONE WANTING ROTATING SIGS: check out randomimage.net. I ran over there to check it out several weeks ago...and was thoroughly confused by the process. But others have figured it out and it seems to be the most popular method of having a rotating sig outside of writing your own code.

Comment

Yay, buttons!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...t/f6be3a64.jpg
                    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...t/0aedcb90.jpg
                    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...t/57bc0c1d.jpg
                    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...t/b7a904ab.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...t/8e3646fc.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...t/d909a5ab.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...t/2026a72c.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...3anut/mcw1.jpg
                    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...3anut/mcw2.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...3anut/mcw3.jpg

On to the big mcweir.com button for my sig and aaobutton's request for a balcony sig!

btw Hans, I KNOW groovekitty wanted some McKay/Weir buttons for geek-love.net. Want me to pass on the word?

Also, since ff.net doesn't allow http urls in PMs, does this mean I can't even write mcweir.com or even mcweir.(space)com? I don't know how smart the program is.
                    Oooooh, so many buttons now I'm just going to have to make a links page today and add the link to us section because between you, ang and NotANumber there's quite a selection. Got to go off and code the page, add in a mod and then mod the menu bar to have links...

And sure, the buttons don't have to be only for the mcweir sites (though I'm not sure if geek-love.net would want any which actually said mcweir.com ...)

I have no idea if ff.net cuts out anything with .com, all I know is it removed the complete URL when I tried the link. Only way to find out is by ticking cc to send a copy to yourself as well and then checking to see what it did, was how I noticed it cut it out.

Also, the mcweir buttons are too cool! Here's hoping mcdonalds have a sense of humour... Or would it be covered by being a bizarre unrelated parody?

Very nice! And very new yearsy somehow, sort of sparkly pretty...
                    Originally posted by aaobuttons
                    That is absolutely beautiful! I'm so snagging it. But I still want the balcony one too! I'll have to do a rotating sig, what was that link to that place again?
                    randomimage.net
                    Since there wasn't anything really shippy in Childhood's End, how about moments from Poisoning the Well? They're only in 2 short scenes together, and I didn't get anything shippy from it, but maybe somebody else will.
                    Ah but the argument between her and him was interesting. He thought he was so right but she played devils advocate and got him to see it wasn't so certain that the kids beliefs were wrong... not alot of interaction but a good scene or two between them still.

As for Poisoning the Well - did they have any moments together there, apart from in the board room (and he appeared to check out the blonde who dropped of the results). I've always imagined there could be some nice tags from this episode. Rodney worried about Carson and talking to Elizabeth, that maybe he shouldn' have dismissed medicine as unimportant, or Carson's fears of travelling offworld. Plus there's the whole snubbed by Perna thing...

Comment

AthosianGal, you're more than welcome to the sig! The more the merrier!

FOR EVERYONE WANTING ROTATING SIGS: check out randomimage.net. I ran over there to check it out several weeks ago...and was thoroughly confused by the process. But others have figured it out and it seems to be the most popular method of having a rotating sig outside of writing your own code.
                      The thing about randomimage.net is you have to upload the images onto the rotation (you can have more than one) and tick boxes to set frequency of each image within the rotation - then you can get a url for the rotation.

The only other way to get rotating sigs, because of html being turned off, is to have your images and script on a server that allows you to run such a thing. Which is okay if you have a suitable host and the bandwidth but most people don't. Besides which randomimage does it pretty well.

Also incase no one has seen it link to TH (and a JF) interview scans.

No M/W (has TLG and Coup D'etat spoilers, as well as a snippet of a proposed early s3 scene too) but what interested me was
                      Spoiler:
                      the implication the original plan for Sheppard and Weir was to have this conflict between them as leaders - but they've changed it because they thought the audiece prefered them as allies. I agree having two leads permanently off set with each other could be bad, but I think it could also have been interesting and having changed it suddenly and substitued Caldwell in that position seems a bit unfair on his character as well as inconsistent between s1 and 2 that suddenly there's this complete trust (thinking Trinity) where as there was tension over things in Hotzone etc... Hmmm.
                      Last edited by Purpleyin; 08 January 2006, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Gosh ! Everyone's sigs and graphics are soooo wonderful, I'm really jealous.

Also incase no one has seen it link to TH (and a JF) interview scans.

No M/W (has TLG and Coup D'etat spoilers, as well as a snippet of a proposed early s3 scene too) but what interested me was
                        Spoiler:
                        the implication the original plan for Sheppard and Weir was to have this conflict between them as leaders - but they've changed it because they thought the audiece prefered them as allies. I agree having two leads permanently off set with each other could be bad, but I think it could also have been interesting and having changed it suddenly and substitued Caldwell in that position seems a bit unfair on his character as well as inconsistent between s1 and 2 that suddenly there's this complete trust (thinking Trinity) where as there was tension over things in Hotzone etc... Hmmm.
                        Thanks so much for the link to the interviews, they really were a great read.

Spoiler:

I agree that they might have rushed it to get Weir and Shep as full blown allies with an implicit trust. I kind of think that the other characters like Zelenka ("38 minutes" and "Brotherhood"), Teyla ("Hide and Seek" and "Suspicion"), and maybe even Rodney (You name it!) might have done more to earn it. It is TV however and writing for the greater majority of the audience is what works. All things considered, I don't think they lost "too" much in the antagonist tension between them Weir and Shep.

I pretty much agree with everything on your assestment Caldwell (it might not be that fair), but quite honestly I can never really see the character taking Weir's orders without at least some hesitation. I think Mitch Pileggi has too much of a prescence for that, maybe even more than Jason Momoa.
                        For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

Just a heads up to anyone who's interested, "Redemption" parts 1 and 2 will be airing this Thursday and Friday respectively on SciFi at the usual SG-1 weekday timeslot (whenever that might be for where you live). Part 2 will be airing a couple hours before the premiere of "Epiphany" actually.

So for those who want to see/remember the second appearance of Dr. Rodney McKay in the Stargate Universe, the more friendly, less jerk-like, but still agrrogant one we've all come to know in SGA (not to mention the kiss that instilled a great many fans to being Sam/McKay shippers) check it out!
                          For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

Just been peeking around at the Allies pics once again and had an idea of what might go on
                            Spoiler:
                            Just speculation but if Weir is going darker maybe it has something to do with Rodney and co being in a position where she has to make a deal. If you wanted really dark maybe she made a deal with whoever it is to hand them over (as some plan to get inside? or maybe not for really really dark...) or otherwise maybe her failing (as far as SGC is concerned) is risking everything to get her friends back?

I don't know, it's hard to tell fromsparse pictures but I've got high hopes for the cliffhanger. Something interesting has to be going on at least.

Comment

After rewatching Hive, I realized that
                              Spoiler:
                              the scene where Rodney is drugged and ranting around Elizabeth is very similar to the scene in Home where Rodney and Elizabeth are unknowingly talking to mist alien versions of each other. In Home there was this wonderful feeling of confusion and frustration from both of them when the alien versions wanted them to give up. It was an indication that they had grown to depend on each other and that they knew that the other would fight alongside them.

In Hive, there was also this intense feeling of confusion and frustration from both Rodney and Elizabeth. Rodney was so upset because he couldn't communicate properly with Elizabeth. He's never really had this problem before in the past, even with technobabble. Elizabeth was upset because she couldn't calm Rodney down to get him to talk with her, again something that has normally worked in the past. It was a nice, subtle way of showing how Elizabeth and Rodney have become dependent on the workings of their relationship and how they both have a hard time when something changes within it.

Comment

After watching The Long Goodbye again, I was wondering if anyone else thought the scene
                                Spoiler:
                                when Phebus hesitated on shooting Rodney and told him to get on the radio, was shippy? She didn't seem to have any problem shooting Caldwell or Beckett, but then she didn't shoot Rodney. She didn't need him to get on the radio, she could have done it like she did a few moments later. I could just see Weir inside saying not to shoot him, that he could be useful or something, and that's why Phebus didn't shoot him off the bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X