Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen the ep. Naturally,
    Spoiler:
    Weir would be worried about the team but she wasn't completely uncaring. A short time later there is a scene in the infirmary that more than makes up for this.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
      I've seen the ep. Naturally,
      Spoiler:
      Weir would be worried about the team but she wasn't completely uncaring. A short time later there is a scene in the infirmary that more than makes up for this.
      Yey, me seen it too now.
      Spoiler:
      She came a couple of times but she wasn't gonna sit there and care, she really wanted to know if they could get info from him on where the others may be. She didn't even visit when he was at his worst. Not very shippy sounding to me. I mean, if the man I cared for were sick I'd be glued, GLUED in that infermary. At least Beckett cares about Rodney, even after he yelled all those things at him.

Comment

Welcome back Gate Trippin' !

Those pics from Allies look really interesting, thanks Toaster!
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Well, Whistler gave me the heads-up about some massive upcoming ep spoilers over here. And I mean massive. Read them only if you want to spoil yourself for the plotlines of most of the episodes, including some shockers.

Blurb for next week's Epiphany:
          Spoiler:

"Worried about how quickly time is passing for Sheppard, McKay and Weir lead a rescue party in search of the Sanctuary's power source."

Ooh! Ooh! I knew that Elizabeth was apparently helping rescue Shep by translating something on Atlantis, but it appears that she's going offworld too with Rodney! This is going to be the first time we see them offworld together! I wonder if Rodney is going to play overprotective or what she's going to think when she sees him in action. Plus there's always the chance that they save each other somehow. Looking good! (Except for Shep and the babe of the week. Jeez, TPTB are sure making it hard to ship him with anyone, aren't they? )

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            Well, Whistler gave me the heads-up about some massive upcoming ep spoilers over here. And I mean massive. Read them only if you want to spoil yourself for the plotlines of most of the episodes, including some shockers.

Blurb for next week's Epiphany:
            Spoiler:

"Worried about how quickly time is passing for Sheppard, McKay and Weir lead a rescue party in search of the Sanctuary's power source."

Ooh! Ooh! I knew that Elizabeth was apparently helping rescue Shep by translating something on Atlantis, but it appears that she's going offworld too with Rodney! This is going to be the first time we see them offworld together! I wonder if Rodney is going to play overprotective or what she's going to think when she sees him in action. Plus there's always the chance that they save each other somehow. Looking good! (Except for Shep and the babe of the week. Jeez, TPTB are sure making it hard to ship him with anyone, aren't they? )
            I'll have to read the spoilers from the link, but
            Spoiler:
            Lots of possibilites for Rodney and Elizabeth going offworld together! And I agree with you about Shep. He and Rodney just don't have good choices with alien women - Chaya, Allina... Which tells us Rodney *really* belongs with Elizabeth, of course.

Thought I'd drop a link to the M/W Ficathon piece I just finished. Also, wanted to see if anyone was interested in adopting a challenge or two. So far, one challenge has been dropped, and there's a few that weren't accepted. Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who's interested.

Comment

Originally posted by unknownterra
              Yey, me seen it too now.
              Spoiler:
              She came a couple of times but she wasn't gonna sit there and care, she really wanted to know if they could get info from him on where the others may be. She didn't even visit when he was at his worst. Not very shippy sounding to me. I mean, if the man I cared for were sick I'd be glued, GLUED in that infermary. At least Beckett cares about Rodney, even after he yelled all those things at him.
              Question: Why are you in this thread?

Comment

Question: Why are you in this thread?
                Cause I'm a huge Rodney fan and I've met TH and thought she was really, really cool! I'm trying really hard to see this shippy thing but its just not working for me Maybe because I am not a shipper by heart. If it were up to me they'd all stay single (and I mean all the characters) forever, MUHAHAHA!!

Comment

Cause I'm a huge Rodney fan and I've met TH and thought she was really, really cool! I'm trying really hard to see this shippy thing but its just not working for me Maybe because I am not a shipper by heart. If it were up to me they'd all stay single (and I mean all the characters) forever, MUHAHAHA!!
                  You haven't watched The Eye a lot I gather... mcweir ship.

hmm here's one of my fav pics:

and another:

and ANOTHER:

Comment

You haven't watched The Eye a lot I gather... mcweir ship.
                    Yeah I've seen it quite a few times actually. When
                    Spoiler:
                    Rodney stepped in front of the gun and Weir mentioned it he just brushed it off. I would have thought Rodney would make a fuss over it. And no one cared about his poor arm at the end
                    Poor Rodney, never gets enough credit. What I wanna see, and I'm sure a lot of you as well, is McKay and Weir end up off world and get into trouble. I'd love to see Rodney save her life (all action hero stuff) and FINALLY get some sort of bravery credit.....and maybe a hug.

Comment

... Poor Rodney, never gets enough credit. What I wanna see, and I'm sure a lot of you as well, is McKay and Weir end up off world and get into trouble. I'd love to see Rodney save her life (all action hero stuff) and FINALLY get some sort of bravery credit.....and maybe a hug.
                      Yea...but Rodney gives himself enough credit for everything to make up for it I think...

First off, someone has posted that there's an ep like that coming up in the second half of S2
                      Spoiler:
                      only Sheppard's with him for the rescue and I think Rodney is only armed with a stunner (kind of weird, but maybe he took out a wraith hand to hand?).

As for a hug, I'm probably gonna get hit for this but, there really hasn't been much of an on screen occassion or an "in character" moment for a hug between our favorite characters has there?

Yea in "Seige Part 3"
                      Spoiler:
                      Elizabeth hugged Shep (Congrats to ShWeir fans )
                      . Definitely in character for Weir in terms of her soft side and all things considered, appropriate for what just happened.

As much as we all would all like to see it, having the hug between them while being out of character and blatanly inappropriate storywise probably shouldn't happen. Personally I think it makes those "point of contacts" in eps like "Hide and Seek" and "Intruder" much more fun. We're fans of the subtle ship remember!
                      Last edited by dahan; 25 November 2005, 08:57 PM.
                      For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

My ship is fluff

Comment

Hee hee, that's okay. Some people come in here wanting to see the ship or are curious about it but in the end they don't for whatever reason. That's fine - I wouldn't like to think that people are trying to force themselves to see the ship or that we are trying to force the ship on others. If you get it, great. If you don't, great. If you're still trying, we'll do our best to help you along if we can.

I'd like to see a hug myself, but like dahan I'd like it to be as in-character as possible. A forced hug or one that distracted from the plotline would seem off to me. Rodney and Elizabeth have had plenty of physical contact moments throughout season one and two and none of them were made out to be a big deal, so I see no reason why a hug would now suddenly be forced. It makes more sense for Elizabeth to hug Rodney, but I'd actually like to see if TPTB can have Rodney hug Elizabeth, either out of joy or for comfort, and have it be in-character.

My ship is fluff
                          It's a toss up for me between McKay/Weir fluff and McKay/Weir angst/darkfic. I love reading both types of fanfic but if I read too much of one I find myself searching out the other to get some sort of balance. I can easily see both fluff and angst in this ship, another reason why I like it so much.

And oops, Friday has come and gone and there's no FFF. I completely lost track of the day because of the Thanksgiving holiday. Expect it up tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                            It's a toss up for me between McKay/Weir fluff and McKay/Weir angst/darkfic. I love reading both types of fanfic but if I read too much of one I find myself searching out the other to get some sort of balance. I can easily see both fluff and angst in this ship, another reason why I like it so much.
                            What do you mean by fluff and darkfic?

Comment

Fluff is shippy fanfiction which leans towards the sappy side and usually lacks a plot. Darkfic is fanfic which usually has, well, darker, themes. Hope that helps.

Yey, me seen it too now.
                              Spoiler:
                              Yeah but,
                              Spoiler:
                              doesn't Weir still have to worry about getting the others back?
                              I mean that's her upmost priority, not matter what else is happening which may affect her personally.

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

omg! i've heard reports on the hive but i can't see it yet! *cries* oh well, thank goodness for screen caps and spoilers. *dives into happy spoilered mcweirness*

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

Working...
                                X