No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's that look from Torri in that pic? I didn't notice what was going on with her so much until I saw the ep a second time. She really is brilliant, isn't she?

Comment

i really hope there's some more mcweir in the latter half of season 2 I'm feeling deprivd of mcweir! *cry* oh well, at least we know mckay's into the transporter thing... lmao

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

so what were they really doing in that transporter in The Storm...

Comment

Just watched "The Storm" and "The Eye". Geez, these two are just precious together! Love the little around the shoulders hug he's giving her, and their interaction is just...soooo cute! Love it!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Wow, a lot of people watched Storm/Eye recently. Is it because it was on syndication or because everyone now has the DVD set?So far all I can confirm is that Suspicion has aired in syndication and everything before that doesn't need spoiler tags.

Shippy scenes I can think of in Rising so far...

-The first scene where Elizabeth and Rodney are talking around the chair and she teases him about not having the gene. I love his pouty face.

-Don't the cameras focus a lot around Elizabeth and Rodney in the Ancient projection room?

-Where Rodney gets right in her face to tell her that they need to abandon Atlantis.

-Someone noted that he looked to her when the city started rising, I'll try to confirm this.

-Him consoling her when she's standing by the gate. Great scene - it showed how he isn't just focused on science and himself when it comes to her.

-Her giving him a look when he's upset about the renamed PJ.

I need to watch the commentary to see if there's anything new. Hopefully I can get to that tonight.

Comment

Is it obsession if you create a music cd with mcweir inspired tracks?

*had to find something to do while the summer drought is on!*

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

elly, I don't call that obsession. I call it mood music to inspired RMM

Comment

I...need...ship!

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                    Just watched "The Storm" and "The Eye". Geez, these two are just precious together! Love the little around the shoulders hug he's giving her, and their interaction is just...soooo cute! Love it!
                    Let me know if you think this is spoilerish and I'll hide it.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                      Wow, a lot of people watched Storm/Eye recently. Is it because it was on syndication or because everyone now has the DVD set?

Shippy scenes I can think of in Rising so far...

-The first scene where Elizabeth and Rodney are talking around the chair and she teases him about not having the gene. I love his pouty face.

-Don't the cameras focus a lot around Elizabeth and Rodney in the Ancient projection room?

-Him consoling her when she's standing by the gate. Great scene - it showed how he isn't just focused on science and himself when it comes to her.

-Her giving him a look when he's upset about the renamed PJ.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                        Let me know if you think this is spoilerish and I'll hide it.

SQUEEE! No, I think it's just too dang cute -- and it's going into my screensaver right now! Thanks for this pic!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Other scenes in "Rising":

A good chunk of my fav McWeir scenes defintely come from while they're in the SGC dialing Altantis for the first time.

- "Seriously, doctor calm down, you're embarassing me..." Elizabeth to Rodney.
                          You know, I'm not sure, but I think that's the last time we hear Elizabeth refer to Rodney just as "doctor" for a long time.

- "Looks like we're not getting out of this?" -Rodney to Elizabeth.
                          Seriously, how cool were those smiles.

I also remember a look Elizabeth gave to Rodney when he was dialing on the Altantis DHD for the first time. Rodney was doing a pretty good impression of Walter of the SGC, "chevron one encoded" and all that, when Elizabeth kind of hinted it to him that it wasn't neccessary.
                          Lol, I really shouldn't like that scene as much as I do.

Oh, and as of the moment I write this, syndication has just caught up to "Underground" and next week is "The Storm", at least for CA USA. I'm guessing that means in two weeks a mass blitz of spoiler free posts will be coming in on "The Eye" .
                          For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

Thanks for the pics, watcher.

Originally posted by dahan
                            A good chunk of my fav McWeir scenes defintely come from while they're in the SGC dialing Altantis for the first time.

- "Seriously, doctor calm down, you're embarassing me..." Elizabeth to Rodney.
                            You know, I'm not sure, but I think that's the last time we hear Elizabeth refer to Rodney just as "doctor" for a long time.

- "Looks like we're not getting out of this?" -Rodney to Elizabeth.
                            Seriously, how cool were those smiles.
                            Yep, her best smiles in Rising were directed at him. And didn't she say that she had to calm down because she was so excited, and he deadpanned "I've never been so excited in my whole life" or something?
                            I don't have the exact screencap of that scene, but I can show a great icon made by lucius_admirer:

I also noticed that in most of the important scenes in Rising - Daniel saying that they can go to Atlantis, the talk with Jack, the gate dialing, the Ancient vid - Rodney and Elizabeth were standing together. Granted, we didn't really know Shep yet and Teyla was still on another planet, but I thought it was poignant. It really showed how they had gelled as a team while working on Antarctica and it was nice to see that there weren't any power struggles.

I also remember a look Elizabeth gave to Rodney when he was dialing on the Altantis DHD for the first time. Rodney was doing a pretty good impression of Walter of the SGC, "chevron one encoded" and all that, when Elizabeth kind of hinted it to him that it wasn't neccessary.
                            Ooh, I forgot about that scene too. It was really interesting to see how she reacted to him. Remember, most fans had seen Rodney before in the SG1 eps and thought that he came across as rather abrasive. For Elizabeth to take all his quirks in stride, and even smile at him, made me take pause and think there was something more there.

Oh, and as of the moment I write this, syndication has just caught up to "Underground" and next week is "The Storm", at least for CA USA. I'm guessing that means in two weeks a mass blitz of spoiler free posts will be coming in on "The Eye" .
                            Thanks for that - it will be nice to not have to use spoiler tags for those eps. I still think that season one should not require tags at this point, especially since most of the shippers here have seen those eps, but I'll be a good poster and stick with the GW rules.

*waits impatiently for the new ep*

Comment

Why oh why did I have to start this at the beginning of the holiday season? Of course I started this precious timeline and then what happens? Chaos. So I'm a little behind for Rising, and Hide and Seek will probably not be posted until Thursday, but we'll see what happens.

So, my rising notes... I'll try not to repeat anyone but I probably will...

-- When everyone is arriving on Atlantis and going in all different directions to explore, Elizabeth turns and watches Rodney's progress up the steps. She could have watched anyone or gone exploring herself, but she chose to watch Rodney.

-- When she gets the big wine bottle she turns and looks up to Rodney to show him. He's distracted and doesn't see her, but Shep does so they share a congrats.

-- When Grodin activates the iris and Rodney gets adgitated and says "Using power" she gives him a little hand gesture of 'calm down' and says something soothing like 'at least we have one' or something and he does settle down for her.

-- When Atlantis starts to rise and Elizabeth falls Rodney doesn't move back to the consoles until she gets up and he knows she's okay, he just stands there and watches her.

-- Rodney starts to panic when explaining to Elizabeth that they don't understand the Ancient technology and she just gives him a look and he calms down.

-- When she's at the gate worried about the rescue mission and he comes up to her, he not only tries to comfort her, but she affects his moods. He starts out all giddy at all the things they are discovering, but as soon as he realizes she's worried, he looses all that giddyness and becomes quieter and concerned.

Edit: I forgot one!

-- When the puddlejumper makes it back and Elizabeth is standing on the balcony with Rodney and Peter she looks over at Rodney and smiles. She never looks at Peter, just Rodney.
                              Last edited by aaobuttons; 21 November 2005, 09:12 AM.
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Are we onto "Hide and Seek" yet?

I only remember one more little scene from "Rising":
                                That little in sync look toward each other Elizabeth and Rodney had when Daniel walked away having been looking for the two of them. Both seemed kind of hesitant to leave the other no?
                                Plus it seemed like Daniel kind of walked in on the their little banter didn't it?
                                For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

Working...
                                X