No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I haven't been around for ages, life has been nuts! Anyways I should be about a bit more now and I'm in the mood to start work again on my epic McWeir fic. I'm sure with Hans' encouragement which is always very appreciated (thanks Hans) I will finally finish it lol.

Luce xxx (who is downloading the McWeir viddy. I still can't download the Mr Brightside one though )

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
      I know I haven't been around for ages, life has been nuts! Anyways I should be about a bit more now and I'm in the mood to start work again on my epic McWeir fic. I'm sure with Hans' encouragement which is always very appreciated (thanks Hans) I will finally finish it lol.

Luce xxx (who is downloading the McWeir viddy. I still can't download the Mr Brightside one though )
      Mr. Brightside one?

Finish? You might finish soon?!

Glad your RL's giving you time to geek again.
      Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Hello Luce. Good to see you back, hope life was busy in a good way.

Always here for encouragement. You write more, send me more and I'll bribe you into writing more with snippets of my own fic - how's that sound?

Aw, bad luck about Mr Brightside. If it's okay with ohshocking I'd be willing to put it on my webserver for you incase that might download okay from there for you. Good news on the webserver - it's back! Turned out that it was somethig so trivial, but could only be sorted out by plugging a keyboard and screen into it - once that was done by Tristan I believe is was a stupidly silly case of pressing enter or typing yes before it would boot up properly. LOL. Luckily that scared everyone, well me and Tristan and he's now going to make a new server with a RAID array so stuff will be nicely backedup incase of actual future HDD failure. I'm happy now.

Only sad thing is that, Cory, your vid won't play for me, not even off that site with the plugin for my browser - I still get sound only. Going to try running downloaded file in VLC - the program that plays nearly anything, particularly good for anything other programs won't play for some reason. If it doesn't work in that I really won't be able to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
          Me too. It won't be me who'll have to sort it out, infact it's pretty much Tristan's server and compared to him I've got most stuff backedup from it, just not literally backedup as they were on the server. I'll be upset if the poll script and the database is gone but it won't be the end of the world - just a nuisance. Thankfully there's a whole host of other things it might be that would leave the HDD intact, but it is an ancient drive...
          Ack, sorry to hear about that. Best of luck to you.

Oh and did you test the vid file Cory? I'm having problems watching it, sound is fine but no picture. Might just be my pc though, have to download a plugin so I can try watching it on the site and see if that works.
          The vid file works perfectly for me, even though it is imbedded. Here's the link to the raw file for another option:
          McWeir vid

Hope you like.
          sigpic
          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Fanwoman
            Mr. Brightside one?
            Mr Brightside vid by oh shocking, can be found here.
            http://www.geocities.com/uncontrolleddestiny/

Is under Shep/Weir though it's McKay/Weir too. Great vid to a great song.

Comment

Is under Shep/Weir though it's McKay/Weir too. Great vid to a great song.
              Wait, wait. So is it O3 or SWAMA or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                Ack, sorry to hear about that. Best of luck to you.

The vid file works perfectly for me, even though it is imbedded. Here's the link to the raw file for another option:
                McWeir vid

Hope you like.
                Might just be me trying to play it under linux. In theory wmv files should be playable by several programs under Linux but none want to play anything but the sound aspect. May have to reboot and test it under windows, where I imagine it'll probably play. Will be annoying if I can only play wmv in windows, must fix that if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanwoman
                  Wait, wait. So is it O3 or SWAMA or what?
                  Neither? It's not OT3, more like a true love triangle, has SWAMA and MWASA technically. PoV from both Shep and McKay, love the way it's done.

Comment

Might just be me trying to play it under linux. In theory wmv files should be playable by several programs under Linux but none want to play anything but the sound aspect. May have to reboot and test it under windows, where I imagine it'll probably play. Will be annoying if I can only play wmv in windows, must fix that if that's the case.
                    You know, I wasn't able to download it because my connection got cranky about dealing with anything that big. My system's fault? Probably. Has anyone else successfully downloaded and played the vid?

Comment

New and vaguely improved.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                        McWeir vid

Hope you like.
                        The video works fine on my computer (I have a Macintosh, so I'm very surprised it worked on mine if it's giving everyone else trouble). I liked it a lot, how you have all these characters kind of chattering in the background about McWeir, it's so cute.

And the Mr. Brightside vid, just wow. Talk about an angsty three-way love triangle. This is one of my favorite vids now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

Try emailing her. I had problems running it too so she sent me the file.
                          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Yay, finally Friday, finally time for:

McKay/Weir Fanfiction Friday!

A collection of all the M/W fics posted or updated the past week. Lots of great stories this time to help us all make it to the season two opener!

“Phobic” by wisdomeagle. “There's no such thing as a good time to have this discussion. (Warning, the closest possible to being smut!)”

Part 1
                            , part 2, and part 3 of “A Heart’s True Desire” by fatechica. “Rodney and Elizabeth meet at a much earlier date than in Atlantis. And, after a lifetime together, Rodney and Elizabeth struggle to reconcile what is and what might have been...”

Up to part 3 on “When Everything Goes Wrong” by Strawberry Cupcake (new McWeir writer!). “A girl shows up in Atlantis who's from the future. She's had a troubled past that haunts her. Can the Atlantis team help her get through it and get home?”

Up to part 9 on “Bewildered Heart” by LittleKnux. “Sequel to "Obvious Heart". McKayWeirSheppard. Elizabeth finds the necklace that Rodney made for her and begins to doubt her decisions.”

Part 1 of “Pride and Prejudice” by Porthos. “Have you ever noticed the similarities between Mr. Darcy and Rodney?”

Up to part 3 of “To Save a City” by Maethorwen of Atlantis. “Atlantis is in trouble again. It’s now up to the children of the original expedition to save the city. 4th in the Second Generation series.”

Up to part 2 of “Romantic Fortune” by HyperCaz (new McWeir writer!). “A “psychic Ancient” appears in Atlantis, giving out romantic fortune…”

Up to part 6 of “Weathering the Storm” by wolfdream. “Based on the show "The Storm": The storm and all it brings leads to trials for all in Atlantis.”

Completed “From the Future” by McRaider. “They came here from the future by mistake, now it's up to their parents to get them home. Part Fifth in the Atlantis Generation Chronicles. Hold on it's going to be a bumpy ride!”

Up to part 2 of “Jeans and Genes” by Starlite1 (new McWeir writer!). “When Dr. Weir gets the gene, she gets a bit more than she bargained for...”

Up to part 10 of “Revenge, Two Sugars, No Milk” by Estellio. “Pay back time, Sheppard style.”

And not strictly McKay/Weir but still good reads…

“Nightwatch” by eretria. “She has seen many rooms. Many faces. Many sleepers. They're all unique.”

“Storm Damage” by kate98. “Set immediately following The Storm and The Eye - Elizabeth, John, and Rodney deal with their damage (OT3-ish).”

“Thicker than McKay” by tielan. “For a scientist, he's not all that good at counting.”

Read, review, and enjoy!

Comment

Well, my carpet is finally in, thank goodness. Unfortunately, now I'm off for the weekend and won't have internet access until Tuesday. Ack, McKay/Weir withdrawl!

Thanks Hans for postponing the banner contest yet again, now I'll be able to make this latest deadline for sure...maybe.

So enjoy the FFF, see you all next week, and try not to burn the place down while I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirnonenath
                                The video works fine on my computer (I have a Macintosh, so I'm very surprised it worked on mine if it's giving everyone else trouble). I liked it a lot, how you have all these characters kind of chattering in the background about McWeir, it's so cute.
                                Well, that was the whole point, really. Everytime the lyrics goes, "Let's give them something to talk about," the clip was of people... well... talking about McKay and Weir. If you look closer, all those conversations actually happen in a specific order
                                sigpic
                                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                                X