• Show
Clear All

cute puzzle

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
    Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
      ...Wow! What a huge combinations of pairings! Shep/Weir/McKay is obvious, but never heard of McKay/Weir/Sam! Man oh man would Rodney be happy in that one! And McKay/Weir/Zelenka! Two geeks for the gal!
      Haven't seen too much OT3 with Shep/Teyla/other though. Wait, there was one Shep/Teyla/Rodney mention. Looks like fans prefer Weir as the gal-in-the-middle for their OT3 dreams.

Lots of possibilities too for Rodney/Elizabeth/other. Teyla could work (woohoo T/E fans!). Trying to think which of the other Atlantis guys would be interested in Elizabeth and/or Rodney. Carson? Maybe. Zelenka certainly could have a thing for Elizbeth ("You are the loop" hee!). Bates? Not so sure. Ford? Not likely. Kavanaugh? Ugh.

Forgot the most evil OT3 pairing! Rodney/Elizabeth/Kolya!
      I can think of an eviller one, Elizabeth/Kolya/QuentinMckay...

I think Rodney/Elizabeth with Teyla, Carson or Zelenka would be very interesting, especially if Elizabeth was more interested in Teyla, or even if Rodney was more interested in Carson or Zelenka. Can you imagine Zelenka as the centre of attention, both of them having a thing for him!

Rodney/Elizabeth/Kavanagh would be...interesting? I'm sure some one out there could write it well. Maybe it could be a sort of punishment for his past action...and he was really jealous!

And we're all forgetting McKay/Weir/Ba'al...I dare someone to ask for it.
      (and pity the poor soul who might get it as their fic mission...)

Rodney/Elizabeth/Kolya I quite like, for the chilling factor. It'd be twisted but maybe that's exactly why I'd like it.

Comment

Okay, got the news back about similar threads

Apparently it's created automatically by the forum based on key words in the thread title. So no chance of linking it Weir and Mckay threads. Though I suppose editing the title might help. I think Sam/Jack is linked because it has Shipper in it also.

Maybe if we got it changed to "McKay / Weir Ship (Appreciation and) Discussion" the appropriate threads might link themselves.
        Appreciation because we do appreciate the ship but also open to discussion and *cough*the-Torri/Weir-&-Mckay-threads-have-those-words-in-them-too *cough*.

Bit sneaky but it might work. Some one would have to contact a moderator to get it changed though since I think they're the only ones who can.

Comment

Those were fun!
          Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

He does! I never noticed until now! Hee, now I'm going to have this wicked grin everytime he does it. Looks like her name gets smashed down like just about every other word out of his mouth.
            Yeah! I can't help smiling each time I hear it on every episode!
            Originally posted by TOASTERONFIRE
            Agreed! I think it's an awfully long time to wait between the end of the season in March/April here and the full boxed set in November. I don't know how long it takes to add in the commentarties, etc, but if they were speedy I bet they could get it out by a month later. At least start selling the boxed set in July when the next season starts!
            And syndication already? I thought you had to have several seasons under your belt before you could do that.
            I read the syndication thing in the Stargate Mag from may/june. It said it would start in fall due to the amazing ratings it got in it's first season on SciFi...I guess it's true?
            Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
            :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

...Wow! What a huge combinations of pairings! Shep/Weir/McKay is obvious, but never heard of McKay/Weir/Sam! Man oh man would Rodney be happy in that one! And McKay/Weir/Zelenka! Two geeks for the gal!
              Haven't seen too much OT3 with Shep/Teyla/other though. Wait, there was one Shep/Teyla/Rodney mention. Looks like fans prefer Weir as the gal-in-the-middle for their OT3 dreams.

Lots of possibilities too for Rodney/Elizabeth/other. Teyla could work (woohoo T/E fans!). Trying to think which of the other Atlantis guys would be interested in Elizabeth and/or Rodney. Carson? Maybe. Zelenka certainly could have a thing for Elizbeth ("You are the loop" hee!). Bates? Not so sure. Ford? Not likely. Kavanaugh? Ugh.
              I would love to read more Rodney/Weir/Zelenka or Rodney/Weir/Grodin. The Zelenka ones would be hilarious and I have always sensed a little shippiness between Grodin and Elizabeth. At least from Grodin's side of it! If you know of any please pass them on!

Forgot the most evil OT3 pairing! Rodney/Elizabeth/Kolya!
              I agree, although it would be quite the coup for a writer who made that work well
              Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
              :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                Okay, got the news back about similar threads

Apparently it's created automatically by the forum based on key words in the thread title. So no chance of linking it Weir and Mckay threads. Though I suppose editing the title might help. I think Sam/Jack is linked because it has Shipper in it also.

Maybe if we got it changed to "McKay / Weir Ship (Appreciation and) Discussion" the appropriate threads might link themselves.
                Appreciation because we do appreciate the ship but also open to discussion and *cough*the-Torri/Weir-&-Mckay-threads-have-those-words-in-them-too *cough*.

Bit sneaky but it might work. Some one would have to contact a moderator to get it changed though since I think they're the only ones who can.
                I'm confused. We have McKay in the title and yet we don't link to the McKay thunk thread or the Dr. Rodney McKay thread? Plus we have Weir but don't link to the Weir/Torri appreciation thread? Is this because of the "/"?

I think those threads are the most relevant for this thread and we should do our best to make them our similar threads. Kinda bummed that we have to change the title in order to link up rather than have a mod link up for us. However, we should know for sure that changing the title will add the similar threads, otherwise I don't think it's worth it. I kinda like our current title, it's unique and more casual than some of the other ship thread names.

Being on the similar threads would continue to get the word out for McKay/Weir. Of course, we post enough in here that this thread stays in the front page of the C and R section so we're easy enough to spot there also.

Oh, and
                WHERE'S THE MCWE'AL FIC??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                  Anyone else notice the abundance of future children stories that are McKay/Weir?

First there was the Solar Flare Saga, then there was What if they hadn't come and now McRaider has started one. I'm sure I've read more too and just not remembered names. Is future kids fic just something everyone is tempted to write, much like doing a Mary Sue?
                  Where is the Solar Flare Saga located? I haven't read that one yet.
                  It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Agreed! I think it's an awfully long time to wait between the end of the season in March/April here and the full boxed set in November. I don't know how long it takes to add in the commentarties, etc, but if they were speedy I bet they could get it out by a month later. At least start selling the boxed set in July when the next season starts!
                    Wait...November?!

Those had better be some mighty fine extras!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                      Where is the Solar Flare Saga located? I haven't read that one yet.
                      Here it is
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2149264/1/

Not the best, needs a beta, infact I was helping beta it but hadn't finished - don't think the betaed first few chapters are up yet but then no clue when they will be.

Comment

I wrote future kids fics for SG1 but I haven't written any for Atlantis. For Atlantis I just seem to write McKay and Weir angst.

Luce x

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                          I wrote future kids fics for SG1 but I haven't written any for Atlantis. For Atlantis I just seem to write McKay and Weir angst.
                          You've mentioned your epic fic, and last week you mentioned hurting your hand. I hope your hand's doing better and, selfishly, that your injury hasn't impacted the progress if your epic.

Comment

Ya know, most of the Shep/Weir/McKay fics I've read have been Sheppard with Elizabeth while Rodney is left alone and angsty. Never really seen the reverse where Sheppard is the one left out (well, "disbelief" is SORT OF one). Maybe that's because fans think Sheppard would always win out over Rodney? Or maybe Sheppard really isn't the angsty type; he would be a bit bummed but then move on? Poor Rodney, it's time to turn the tables!!

For that matter, stories where Elizabeth and Rodney are an established pair with jealousy from someone on Atlantis are rare (nonexistant?). Zelenka could certainly be a bit jealous. So could Grodin or Carson. Kavanaugh? (sorry, he's on my mind today ) Or what about a story from Simon's POV on Earth when he hears the two are together? That would be interesting.

Rodney/Elizabeth/Simon? ...nevermind...

Originally posted by Fanwoman
                            Wait...November?!

Those had better be some mighty fine extras!
                            Damn straight! David's commentary for Storm and Eye better make up for that horrid wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                              I would love to read more Rodney/Weir/Zelenka or Rodney/Weir/Grodin. The Zelenka ones would be hilarious and I have always sensed a little shippiness between Grodin and Elizabeth. At least from Grodin's side of it! If you know of any please pass them on!
                              Well I haven't seen any OT3 with those but there are love triangle ones.
                              On Show Grodin/Weir UR, Mckay/Weir UST + Heightmeyer/McKay UR

(And if you want some Grodin/Weir The Price )

And on Kolya/Weir/McKay - I have a sort of OT3 - dark twisted drabble I'll Be Yours

Comment

Ya know, most of the Shep/Weir/McKay fics I've read have been Sheppard with Elizabeth while Rodney is left alone and angsty. Never really seen the reverse where Sheppard is the one left out (well, "disbelief" is SORT OF one). Maybe that's because fans think Sheppard would always win out over Rodney? Or maybe Sheppard really isn't the angsty type; he would be a bit bummed but then move on? Poor Rodney, it's time to turn the tables!!

For that matter, stories where Elizabeth and Rodney are an established pair with jealousy from someone on Atlantis are rare (nonexistant?). Zelenka could certainly be a bit jealous. So could Grodin or Carson. Kavanaugh? (sorry, he's on my mind today ) Or what about a story from Simon's POV on Earth when he hears the two are together? That would be interesting.

Rodney/Elizabeth/Simon? ...nevermind...
                                What?! McKay never gets Elizabeth?! *Hugs McKay*. Well, time to do something about that, me thinks. Oh I can picture Peter getting jealous of both Weir and McKay (for obvious reasons) *plot bunny idea*

Mand

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Working...
                                X