Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent! It's time yet again for...

McKay/Weir Fanfiction Friday!

Let’s start off with all the great contributions to Hans’s “Apologies” challenge!

“Fine” by purpleyin.

“Apologies” by MurdocsAngel

“Forgive, but not Forget” by amaunetx.

“Worth It?” by aaobuttons.

Untitled story by me.

And now all the rest of the stories!

Up to part 7 on “Workday Wonders” by RhiannonNymph. “Sequel to 'Bedtime Thoughts'. McKay wants to change, and get closer to the woman he wants, but new toys wont give him the time...”

“Misjudgement” by purpleyin. “Future fic, quite AU and very harsh. McKayCarter UR and McKayWeir angst (includes character death)”

Completed (I think) “Broken Bonds” by McRaider. "The shapes were gray...but his sight was getting better all the time. Fourth in the Atlanitan Generation Series.”

Up to part 6 on “Ancient Devices” by IsisO'neill-sawyer. “Sg1Atlantis crossover. Jack and John meddle with Ancient technology and end up on another plane of existance. Now its up to the others to save them.”

Up to part 4 on “I'll Always Be Here” by Maethorwen of Atlantis. “(AU)Something goes drastically wrong on what should have been a simple mission. McKay and Sheppard are badly injured and near death.”

“Moonshine” by purpleyin. “Future fic, McKayWeir and WeirOther, angsty.”

“Shall We Dance” by Loathaelis. “I was kinda bored one night around three AM after a dance so I started thinking about how people from Atlantis would react to a mixer so here it is : Shall We Dance?”

“Tell Me Lies” by purpleyin. BYOS poemfic.

“The Scientist” by Estellio. “There’s a little den in a store room in Antarctica, it has a couch and an impressive supply of trashy romance novels and a sleeping Canadian named Rodney. Elizabeth waits for him to wake up by reading a book...”

“Break Me Gently” by purpleyin. “Their friendship had always been full of surprises but this was one she wasn't prepared for.”

“Need’ by purpleyin. “A very short Weir piece set after Seige part 2 that came from nowhere.”

Up to part 4 on “Bewildered Heart” by LittleKnux. “Sequel to "Obvious Heart". McKayWeirSheppard. Elizabeth finds the necklace that Rodney made for her and begins to doubt her decisions.”

“Searching” by aaobuttons. “Missing Scene from Before I Sleep. John and Rodney discuss Elizabeth.”

And finally, not a strict McKay/Weir piece but a nice friendship story with team building:
    “Maritima” by Teaphile. “It wasn’t the first time they’d lost track of Rodney McKay, and Elizabeth figured it certainly wouldn’t be the last.”

Did I forget something? Send me a PM! And don't forget to review!
    Last edited by ToasterOnFire; 22 April 2005, 10:24 AM.

Comment

So anyone want to talk 38 minutes? I know they aren't rerunning it as far as I've heard but I thought it was a pretty McKay/Weir shippy episode; all those looks.

Won't mention all the moments since that's what the discussion is for. so here's just one I like.
      Spoiler:
      The quietly spoken line of Rodney's - "Don't hesistate." and Elizabeth's reply of "We’re aware of the risk, Rodney. Do your best." and her little nod to him despite the fact he can't see her. His look as he says it is so sad too, poor woobie - wonder if he had any time for thoughts of if it went wrong... Could be some nice stuff there, his thoughts seemed to be going mile a minute. I'm suprised there's been no tags for this. But then earlier episode tags have been lacking. I have plans for one for each episode including this but hoping others might be inspired by this discussion.

Also that's one that ties in with Siege Part 2.
      Spoiler:
      Probably nothing but when she addresses everyone she mirrors his words.
      WEIR: [cont.] Now we all hope it won't come to that. But if it does, don't hesitate. That is all.
      The transcripts don't have it but I seem to remember the timing of her saying it seemed very similar to how he said it, a pause before, but I may have to check that.
      Last edited by Purpleyin; 22 April 2005, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
        A physical fight? Doesn't bode well for Rodney. Now if he had time to set up little traps or something...Brains vs brawn! Well, actually it's more like brains (with some brawn) vs. Brawn (with some brains).
        Well, I'd like to see a little scuffle. You know, two nice looking men taking it to the mat. Plus, Mckay has some great abs and pecs, and arms, and .....I'll stop there. I think he's pretty strong but chooses to use his brains.
        Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
        :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
          Well, I'd like to see a little scuffle. You know, two nice looking men taking it to the mat. Plus, Mckay has some great abs and pecs, and arms, and .....I'll stop there. I think he's pretty strong but chooses to use his brains.
          In a matter of 2 sentences I went from the slash thread, to the thunk thread, to the discussion thread. Okay maybe its just me that's capable of doing that. It's Friday. I have an hour of work left. My brain wants to be any where but this desk.

Speaking of Friday - as I do every Friday - All Hail ToasterOnFire for delivering FanFictionFriday updates! Woo hoo! Gotta give a yell out to Purpleyin for writing a good portion of them! Woo hoo!
          "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
          "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
          Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
          Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
          "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
          Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
          Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
          (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
            In a matter of 2 sentences I went from the slash thread, to the thunk thread, to the discussion thread. Okay maybe its just me that's capable of doing that. It's Friday. I have an hour of work left. My brain wants to be any where but this desk.

Speaking of Friday - as I do every Friday - All Hail ToasterOnFire for delivering FanFictionFriday updates! Woo hoo! Gotta give a yell out to Purpleyin for writing a good portion of them! Woo hoo!
            Not the only one...can vouch for that, though currently my thoughts are stuck on Ba'als boots

Funny you should use that phrase as MA and I had a story (wasn't it an organised roundrobin?) that should be out when MA has written the first chapter, called "All Hail McWeir" - should be funny.

As for the fic, 6 out of 19 is quite a few but then I haven't had any on the other ones so far (have I?), just think of it as a months worth saved up.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
              Won't mention all the moments since that's what the discussion is for. so here's just one I like.
              Spoiler:
              The quietly spoken line of Rodney's - "Don't hesistate." and Elizabeth's reply of "We’re aware of the risk, Rodney. Do your best." and her little nod to him despite the fact he can't see her. His look as he says it is so sad too, poor woobie - wonder if he had any time for thoughts of if it went wrong... Could be some nice stuff there, his thoughts seemed to be going mile a minute. I'm suprised there's been no tags for this. But then earlier episode tags have been lacking. I have plans for one for each episode including this but hoping others might be inspired by this discussion.
              Spoiler:
              Yeah, lots of stress in that episode. Elizabeth was so concerned about Rodney and everyone in the jumper while that comment you mentioned showed how much Rodney was concerned for Elizabeth and everyone else in the control room.

And no McKay/Weir tags for 38 minutes??!! Did you miss this fabulous example?

(Oh, and is that ff link working for you now? It worked for me, but I repasted the link just to make sure)

Also that's one that ties in with Siege Part 2.
              Spoiler:
              Probably nothing but when she addresses everyone she mirrors his words.
              WEIR: [cont.] Now we all hope it won't come to that. But if it does, don't hesitate. That is all.
              The transcripts don't have it but I seem to remember the timing of her saying it seemed very similar to how he said it, a pause before, but I may have to check that.
              Interesting and good catch!

It does appear that DH has...fleshed himself out as the first season progressed (not that I'm complaining ). Still, Sheppard should be more trained in hand to hand combat then Rodney, so I still don't see that fight lasting too long. Maybe if Rodney surprised him?
              Martin also noted in season two that
              Spoiler:
              an upcoming episode Trinity "really explores Sheppard and McKay’s relationship, especially under strain…I think it’s exactly what you were hoping for." So maybe under strain could lead to an actual fight?

Gotta love slashy-interpretable comments. Sort of like McKay's Girl one on another thread about how long Rodney and John would last in a locked closet...

Oh, and the "simliar threads" feature appears to be back up. Does anyone know how to add threads to ours? It would be nice to link up with the DH and TH appreciation threads...
              Last edited by ToasterOnFire; 22 April 2005, 12:51 PM.

Comment

And no McKay/Weir tags for 38 minutes??!! Did you miss this fabulous example?

Oh, and the "simliar threads" feature appears to be back up. Does anyone know how to add threads to ours? It would be nice to link up with the DH and TH appreciation threads...
                Ah, forgot totally that story was a 38minutes tag...
                As for the similar threads, maybe the original poster? More likely a moderator would be able to do that. Will get onto asking.

Comment

A reminder: "Hide and Seek" is going to be rerun in the US tonight! Shield testing, "in-vul-nerable", FlashlightSnarky!Rodney, and lots of Elizabeth concern for Rodney.

Plus the very end scene! Priceless!!

Recap and thoughts from me tomorrow!

Comment

I dabbled in making a McWeir one. Was troubling trying to do what I wanted but this is the result. Not the best but McWeir...
                    Last edited by Purpleyin; 22 April 2005, 04:47 PM.

Comment

A reminder: "Hide and Seek" is going to be rerun in the US tonight! Shield testing, "in-vul-nerable", FlashlightSnarky!Rodney, and lots of Elizabeth concern for Rodney.

Plus the very end scene! Priceless!!

Recap and thoughts from me tomorrow!

That episode was so funny. I had always remembered the shield testing scene, but seeing the flashlight scene again had me cracking up! Oh, and my fav. McWeir moment:
                      Spoiler:
                      When she yelled "Rodney" when he went in, and then when she went to him, she layed her hand on his chest and kept it there. And she caressed his cheek!
                      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                        So anyone want to talk 38 minutes? I know they aren't rerunning it as far as I've heard but I thought it was a pretty McKay/Weir shippy episode; all those looks.
                        You know what sucks.... That is one of the few I don't have taped! I was hoping to catch it this time around and now they arn't showing it! I'd love to do a tag on that one, but without seeing it again.... Anybody have a copy I can borrow? Or can make me a copy? I'll trade it for buttons!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                          That episode was so funny. I had always remembered the shield testing scene, but seeing the flashlight scene again had me cracking up! Oh, and my fav. McWeir moment:
                          Spoiler:
                          When she yelled "Rodney" when he went in, and then when she went to him, she layed her hand on his chest and kept it there. And she caressed his cheek!

Ever since DST (stupid Indiana!!) everything has moved back an hour and I came in late for last night show. I did catch the flashlight scene, though...can't watch it w/out bursting with laughter. I also love when Weir
                          Spoiler:
                          tricks Mckay into making the shield ineffective and then he gets upset that she thinks he's a scaredy cat and has to make it up to her. It makes the ending scenes between them all the more touching

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                            You know what sucks.... That is one of the few I don't have taped! I was hoping to catch it this time around and now they arn't showing it! I'd love to do a tag on that one, but without seeing it again.... Anybody have a copy I can borrow? Or can make me a copy? I'll trade it for buttons!
                            They aren't replaying that ep? I don't understand why SciFi would skip them...it's not like they have anything better to air until July!?

Comment

They aren't replaying that ep? I don't understand why SciFi would skip them...it's not like they have anything better to air until July!?

Well actually, they are going to have to skip quite a few. They only had 15 weeks to show 20 episodes, so they had to cut a few out I guess. Too bad they couldn't have done Rising 1 & 2 in 1 night, same with Storm/Eye and Siege 1 & 2. That would at least let 3 more in.

Comment

Excellent! It's time yet again for...

McKay/Weir Fanfiction Friday!

Let’s start off with all the great contributions to Hans’s “Apologies” challenge!

“Fine” by purpleyin.

“Apologies” by MurdocsAngel

“Forgive, but not Forget” by amaunetx.

“Worth It?” by aaobuttons.

Untitled story by me.

And now all the rest of the stories!

Up to part 7 on “Workday Wonders” by RhiannonNymph. “Sequel to 'Bedtime Thoughts'. McKay wants to change, and get closer to the woman he wants, but new toys wont give him the time...”

“Misjudgement” by purpleyin. “Future fic, quite AU and very harsh. McKayCarter UR and McKayWeir angst (includes character death)”

Completed (I think) “Broken Bonds” by McRaider. "The shapes were gray...but his sight was getting better all the time. Fourth in the Atlanitan Generation Series.”

Up to part 6 on “Ancient Devices” by IsisO'neill-sawyer. “Sg1Atlantis crossover. Jack and John meddle with Ancient technology and end up on another plane of existance. Now its up to the others to save them.”

Up to part 4 on “I'll Always Be Here” by Maethorwen of Atlantis. “(AU)Something goes drastically wrong on what should have been a simple mission. McKay and Sheppard are badly injured and near death.”

“Moonshine” by purpleyin. “Future fic, McKayWeir and WeirOther, angsty.”

“Shall We Dance” by Loathaelis. “I was kinda bored one night around three AM after a dance so I started thinking about how people from Atlantis would react to a mixer so here it is : Shall We Dance?”

“Tell Me Lies” by purpleyin. BYOS poemfic.

“The Scientist” by Estellio. “There’s a little den in a store room in Antarctica, it has a couch and an impressive supply of trashy romance novels and a sleeping Canadian named Rodney. Elizabeth waits for him to wake up by reading a book...”

“Break Me Gently” by purpleyin. “Their friendship had always been full of surprises but this was one she wasn't prepared for.”

“Need’ by purpleyin. “A very short Weir piece set after Seige part 2 that came from nowhere.”

Up to part 4 on “Bewildered Heart” by LittleKnux. “Sequel to "Obvious Heart". McKayWeirSheppard. Elizabeth finds the necklace that Rodney made for her and begins to doubt her decisions.”

“Searching” by aaobuttons. “Missing Scene from Before I Sleep. John and Rodney discuss Elizabeth.”

And finally, not a strict McKay/Weir piece but a nice friendship story with team building:
                                “Maritima” by Teaphile. “It wasn’t the first time they’d lost track of Rodney McKay, and Elizabeth figured it certainly wouldn’t be the last.”

Did I forget something? Send me a PM! And don't forget to review!

Yippee for Fan Fiction Friday!!! You are the BEST ToasterOnFire!

Comment

Working...
                                X