Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by weirfan517
    Did you like quote David Hewlett or something? Anyway interesting, all of them and don't have much to go in at this very moment, but nice quotes though.
    Oh gods, I wish! *dies*
    No, the quotes were from wisdomeagle in the ship manefesto. Good points too. It's acually quite interesting to read her thoughts and realize we all were talking about the same things over on GW. Great minds and all.

Comment

I'm going to hurt you all, you've managed to suck me in, or at least get a good grip on me, through my one weakness, fanfic! DARN YOU! *curses*

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
        I'm going to hurt you all, you've managed to suck me in, or at least get a good grip on me, through my one weakness, fanfic! DARN YOU! *curses*
        Hehe, well welcome to the thread gatelover12, don't worry we don't bite except Toaster.

Anyway speaking of fanfic, I got more for you to read. I found this when I was searching for mcweir stories and i came up with this. All that fic was written by MegTDJ, who's written some of my favorite mcweir fluff. Check out Fix and Weak in the Knees, those are really funny. Also got a link for mcweir C2 on FF, here Enjoy!
        McKay: I'm invulnerable!
        Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
        McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
        My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Well at least you're feeding my new addiction. *goes to read*

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
            As for the translation, Beckett/McKay icons would help... There is a plan of bribery for translation services
            Ah, sweet victory! Well, the fabulous Arlessiar (McKay thunker and Labcoat Lover) has agreed to translate that German M/W fic for us next week as soon as she takes care of some RL things. She's such a sweetheart! She doesn't have a LJ but I doubt some Beckett/McKay icons or a banner would go amiss, though she says we don't need to bribe her. I'll be sure to post it when she's finished next week
            Last edited by Gate Trippin'; 16 September 2005, 04:43 AM.
            Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
            :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Hurray for fanfic! And have you seen the pretty McKay/Weir pics and icons? (I posted my second LJ icon batch here, btw.)

For anyone looking for M/W fanfic, the best collection on the web so far (221 stories and continually updated!) is over on fanfic.net here. I also post the FanFicFriday every...well...Friday to give everyone the updates and new McKay/Weir stories. Always glad to help feed everyone's addiction.

Comment

Are there any really dark McKay/Weir fics out there? I just read missing which was good, and got my fluff fix from ff but now I want something, darker. I think I can wait till tomorrow, if need be though. Oh and after the storm is already on my fav list. off to see thease "icons" as you call them.

Comment

Are there any really dark McKay/Weir fics out there? I just read missing which was good, and got my fluff fix from ff but now I want something, darker. I think I can wait till tomorrow, if need be though. Oh and after the storm is already on my fav list. off to see thease "icons" as you call them.
                  Ooo, I know of one that is kinda dark,(at least that's what the author said) check out After the Storm by paulacole. Heads up, it went to an M rating. I don't know about other mcweir dark stuff but I know where some good angst is, check out some of Hans' stories here, lots of good ones and even some humor in there too. So, anyone else know where dark mcweir stories are?
                  Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?

Comment

Hi Gatelover12!

Dark fic: the best I'd read for this pairing was "Other Side of the Storm" by gaffer42. Gen with AU M/W. Part 1 here and part 2 here.
                    Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                    Ah, sweet victory! Well, the fabulous Arlessiar (McKay thunker and Labcoat Lover) has agreed to translate that German M/W fic for us next week as soon as she takes care of some RL things. She's such a sweetheart! She doesn't have a LJ but I doubt some Beckett/McKay icons or a banner would go amiss, though she says we don't need to bribe her. I'll be sure to post it when she's finished next week
                    Well gifts are always nice and translating stuff can't be easy for fiction, so I'll have to see what I can come up with, a wallpaper maybe?
                    Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                    Oh good, I'm glad someone in our group did. And I'm not sure which one is yours, but don't tell me yet!
                    I don't think I'd be allowed to anyway, not before voting is over. I'm just amused at if anyone can guess it...
                    *reads through job description*
                    Hey, there's nothing in here on that!
                    I need to browse for a few pics first that really illustrate the point. Come to think of it, has Rodney worn that blue top at all this season? Seems like he's either in uniform or wearing that black top (not that I mind ). And has Elizabeth been in the short sleeved top, or has it all been that long sleeved red one?
                    Yeah, they apply to last season but not so much this one. Everyone has abandonned us! They changed his shirt, still has stripes but it's blue on black now... I think she's worn her short sleeved top but they don't seem so matching nowadays. Plus there's necklace issues that confuse.
                    And I've been reading that M/W ship manefesto that you recommended earlier. Great stuff, with some interesting thoughts about Elizabeth, Rodney, their personalities, and how they seem to mesh so well with each other. Everyone should give it a read and convince wisdomeagle to update it through s1 and the first half of s2! She's done a great job so far!
                    (Hans, we really should try to convince her to let us repost it on the M/W central site once it's up and running; it would be a fabulous addition!)
                    I love that. Seems she might do an update sometime, I suppose the more requests the possibility goes up. I'd lvoe to have stuff like that up, essays on why people see the ship as good. It's be great to have ones on friendship, OT3's and stuff too, not just straight McKay/Weir. I also think we need to have something on why McKay only thinks he likes blondes and why the arguement of Carter crush doesn't necessarily work as a reason against. I maintain that (though I'm also a fan of Mcay/Carter) but having a short essay to explain would be cool.

Comment

I'm a die-hard Shep/Weir shipper, but I definitely enjoy the Liz/Rodney scenes. I found this threads' discussion of possible LG scenarios quite interesting! Food for thought,
                      Spoiler:
                      we know Liz will go nuts on Shep, perhaps, it will be a flip flop of Conversion. Liz will assault Shep the way he assualted her, and will uncharectersitically kiss Rodney! Perhaps they will be arguing in her office about some dangerous scientific experiment which will somehow end in a kiss (and apologize later ofcourse).

While I believe the writers will have Shep/Weir together, in the end, I'm not totally opposed to McWeir. I'm especially looking forward to LG.

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                        I'm a die-hard Shep/Weir shipper, but I definitely enjoy the Liz/Rodney scenes. I found this threads' discussion of possible LG scenarios quite interesting! Food for thought,
                        Spoiler:
                        we know Liz will go nuts on Shep, perhaps, it will be a flip flop of Conversion. Liz will assault Shep the way he assualted her, and will uncharectersitically kiss Rodney! Perhaps they will be arguing in her office about some dangerous scientific experiment which will somehow end in a kiss (and apologize later ofcourse).

While I believe the writers will have Shep/Weir together, in the end, I'm not totally opposed to McWeir. I'm especially looking forward to LG.

Royal
                        Hi, welcome! It's okay if your shweir shipper, I don't think anyone here minds, it just makes discussion more interesting. I actually don't mind shweir, myself and I'm really looking forward to LG.
                        Spoiler:
                        I think it'd be really interesting if Liz did beat up shep and she kissed Rodney (a kiss between them would drive me nuts ) of course apolagies at the end would be good. The thing is I'm just looking forward to that ep as a huge Weirnut, shweir and mcweir in it would be an added bonus.

Well I have no idea who they'll go with and don't really care as long as it's written well.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                          Spoiler:

Royal
                          Hi

Welcome Royal. We're always happy to see new people and other shippers here. Interesting ideas too, will be great when the episode finally airs. Shame about the long wait for it though. Do Canadians get it before the US and the UK?

Comment

"After the Storm" and "Other Side of the Storm" are indeed excellent M/W darkfic. I'm not really sure what categorizes "darkfic" vs. just plain angst - character death? More hopelessness? One character abusing the other?

Some more recommendations (all are on the C2 community):

"One Last Kiss"
                            "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep"
                            "I Believe"
                            "The Price of Cowardice"

Hmmm...there isn't too much shippy darkfic, is there? I wonder if that's specific to M/W or if the other Atlantis ships also don't have too much darkfic. Sounds like a fanfic challenge...

Comment

I dont think darkfic is very prevalent generally. Looking at my own stuff I've got a fair few darkfic but mostly extreme angst instead. What separates them is I think the amount of hopelessness. Excuse my pimping my fics here...

I'd call these these darkfic.
                              Misjudgement
                              Fine
                              Tell Me Lies
                              Saving Graces
                              I'll Be Yours
                              Lilith
                              All Mine

These nearly darkfic?
                              Answers
                              Judgement
                              Deadline
                              Integer
                              Protect Me From What I Want

And these extreme angst.
                              Lone Sheep
                              Dying Thoughts
                              Simplicity
                              Just Not There
                              A Mutual Feeling

Comment

OH! thanks! *runs to read* (And after the storm is great)

EDIT: I've read most of them, thanks so much! They're just so meant to be when in pain! (Or out of, but I like the whole "if only I *insert verb*" format.) Thanks for the links!
                                Last edited by gatelover12; 16 September 2005, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X