Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purpleyin
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Missing scene fanfic. There's always that.
    I agree. Missing scenes make the eps so much better!

Also reading the interviews I just recalled some lines
    Spoiler:
    There seemed to be something about Rodney possibly playing the military to get what he wants, and I'm not sure if it was in the said or just someone speculating but there might be angst if that's so, with Rodney going over Weir's head on a matter and later regreting doing so, whether in the context of friendship or more - just because trust is vital and if she wasn't expecting him to suddenly 'side' with them so to speak then that could damage their friendship.
    I was actually listening to my new Rob Thomas CD (with TONS of great McWeir songs) and I was looking for something that might possibly mesh with
    Spoiler:
    an angsty McWeir vid, after I read that. I'm a little nervous about the angst, but we'll see how it goes. I just don't want them to lose their friendship over it! (I'm afraid they'll tear down McWeir to build up Shep/Weir. )

And, on a lighter note, I got my hair cut short a while ago, and I just looked in the mirror today and realized I have a Weir haircut! I have the exact same cut that she had in New Order and Rising, before the curls. Plus, I'm blonde! I seriously think my subconscious is trying to make me more appealing for McKay...

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
    McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
    Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
    McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Oh my, I cannot believe I have been neglecting one of my ship threads for this long....I guess I spend WAY TOO much time in my thunk threads

Anyway, how has this thread been going? I love McWeir...they would be so cute together...and if I knew how to make vids...I know the perfect song I would choose...'Collide' by Howie Day!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
        Anyway, how has this thread been going? I love McWeir...they would be so cute together...and if I knew how to make vids...I know the perfect song I would choose...'Collide' by Howie Day!
        OMG! I was just thinking that song is perfect for a McWeir vid the other day! For anyone who hasn't heard the song, here's the lyrics:

Collide
        The dawn is breaking
        A light shining through
        You're barely waking
        And I'm tangled up in you
        Yeah

I'm open, you're closed
        Where I follow, you'll go
        I worry I won't see your face
        Light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes
        Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
        Out of the doubt that fills my mind
        I somehow find
        You and I collide

I'm quiet you know
        You make a frist impression
        I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind

Even the stars refuse to shine
        Out of the back you fall in time
        I somehow find
        You and I collide

Even the wrong words seem to ryhme
        Out of the doubt that fills your mind
        You finally find
        You and I collide

You finally find
        You and I collide
        You finally find
        You and I collide

And as long as we're talking McWeir songs (one of my fave topics! ) I just got the new Rob Thomas CD, and there's so many awesome McWeir songs on there! One of my favorites is "Ever the Same," because everytime I hear it I think it would be perfect for a Storm/Eye vid, or just generally showing how they support each other.

Ever the Same by Rob Thomas
        We were drawn from the weeds
        We were brave like soldiers
        Falling down under the pale moonlight
        You were holding to me
        Like a someone broken
        And I couldn't tell you but I'm telling you now

Just let me hold you while you're falling apart
        Just let me hold you so we both fall down

Fall on me
        Tell me everything you want me to be
        Forever with you forever in me
        Ever the same

We would stand in the wind
        We were free like water
        Flowing down
        Under the warmth of the sun
        Now it's cold and we're scared
        And we've both been shaken
        Look at us
        Man, this doesn't need to be the end

Just let me hold you while you're falling apart
        Just let me hold you so we both fall down

Fall on me tell me everything you want me to be
        Forever with you
        Forever in me
        Ever the same
        Call on me
        I'll be there for you and you'll be there for me
        Forever it's you
        Forever in me
        Ever the same

You may need me there
        To carry all your weight
        But you're no burden I assure
        You tide me over
        With a warmth I'll not forget
        But I can only give you love

Comment

'Ever the Same' would be a great song as well...there are a lot of songs out there that would work for McWeir
          sigpic

Comment

And since I can't ever seem to stop posting lyrics to McWeir songs... Here's another Rob Thomas song, called "All That I Am."

All That I Am
            I am the one winged bird for flying
            Sinking quickly to the ground
            See your faith in me subsiding
            See you prime for giving in
            I give you all that I am

I am the sound of love's arriving
            Echoed softly on the sand
            Lay your head upon my shoulder
            Lay your hand within my hand
            I give you all that I am

And I breathe where you breathe
            Let me stand where you stand
            With all that I am

I am the white dove for a soldier
            Ever marching as to war
            I would give my life to save you
            I stand guarding at your door
            I give you all that I am

I am the one winged bird for flying
            Sinking quickly to the ground
            I am the blind man for a watchdog
            I am prime for giving in
            I'll show you all that I am

And I breathe so you breathe
            Let me stand so you'll stand
            With all that I am

Comment

Very cool Porthos, I love that one the best. I even gave ya green for posting the lyrics to the McWeir songs I thought would be cool to use in vids too.

What vidding program do you use?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                Very cool Porthos, I love that one the best. I even gave ya green for posting the lyrics to the McWeir songs I thought would be cool to use in vids too.

What vidding program do you use?
                Thanks for the green! (I'm only 6 points away from another green blob!) I use Roxio and Windows Movie Maker, but I haven't actually finished any vids yet. I have about 5 half-made vids, which I now think will take forever to finish. I have one really funny one (well, I think it's funny) that I might be able to get done before the end of the month, but with my Weir ficathon story becoming a lot longer than I expected, not to mention the fact that I have a job, a full quarter's lesson plans (for three different subjects!), websites for the classes, and a dance team coaching position (and their dance camp) to prepare for, I'm not expecting to get anything done anytime soon. To be honest, I figure after the school year starts, you guys won't be hearing from me very often, maybe once a week if I'm lucky. Even veteran teachers are calling me crazy for taking all this on! Hopefully I won't just drop off the face of the planet, but if my student teaching experience was anything to go by, I'll have almost NO free time. Honestly, I always knew teachers don't get paid nearly enough, but I never really understood that until I started working over 50 hours a week and not getting paid for any of it. (It was student teaching, so I actually had to pay tuition to do this!!! )

Sheesh, enough of this venting, it's making my ulcer act up! How about some McWeir goodness to calm down?

Season two goodness!

An oldie, but a goodie.
                Last edited by Porthos1013; 09 July 2005, 08:26 PM.

Comment

and of course what goes good with mcweir but also the wet mckay that came with that second pic

very good pics Porthos!

And it seems that i have Roxio and WMM too but i do not have a dvd player on my computer
                  sigpic

Comment

You lucky things - just under 7 days for you guys. But good news for the UK terrestrial tv - Channel 5 have picked up Atlantis and kick off Season 1 on July 15th! I believe it's at 8pm but not sure if I have that right.
                    I'm trying to think how long it's going to take for the US shows to become "available" elsewhere. Hopefully some of you guys won't have to wait too long...*cough*

Spoiler:
                    There seemed to be something about Rodney possibly playing the military to get what he wants, and I'm not sure if it was in the said or just someone speculating but there might be angst if that's so, with Rodney going over Weir's head on a matter and later regreting doing so, whether in the context of friendship or more - just because trust is vital and if she wasn't expecting him to suddenly 'side' with them so to speak then that could damage their friendship.
                    Spoiler:
                    Oh, that would be quite interesting and would certainly put a strain on their friendship. I'm not sure Rodney would do that though; in Siege 2 we see him directly bypass Everett and go straight to Elizabeth plus he seems so anti-military. Still, I'd like to see an ep where this happens.

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm a little nervous about the angst, but we'll see how it goes. I just don't want them to lose their friendship over it! (I'm afraid they'll tear down McWeir to build up Shep/Weir. )
                    Spoiler:
                    I agree; I'm not a big fan of S/W and if they remove all Rodney/Elizabeth interactions, even just friendly, joking ones, to push that ship I'm going to be even more disappointed.

And regarding Sam/Jack vs. Mulder/Scully, M/S at least didn't have a major obstacle in the way such as the Air Force regulations that S/J does. That huge problem basically prevented any sort of canon romance between those two until one of them moved out of the chain of command, something that would have potentially break up the SG1 team and hurt the show. Now that Jack's moved out of SGC S/J is possible, but it took eight seasons to open that door since doing that any earlier would have likely meant less screentime for RDA and the show may have suffered.

At least Rodney and Elizabeth don't have that problem of regulations as they're both civilians, but there's still the problem of leader/subordinant to consider. Funny, I always see those two as equals (and Shep as well) instead of one ranking higher than the other. Maybe it's because he always backs her up and she tends to agree with his ideas. The writers have added "leadership tension" more between Shep and Elizabeth. We haven't seen any leadership squabbles between Shep and Rodney, have we? Is Shep ranked higher than Rodney? If Elizabeth is out of command, does Shep or Rodney take her place? I don't think Martin or Joe ever answered such questions...

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm a little nervous about the angst, but we'll see how it goes. I just don't want them to lose their friendship over it! (I'm afraid they'll tear down McWeir to build up Shep/Weir. )
                      Hey folks, i'm a self confessed ShepWeir shipper but i like to lurk here from time to time. I don't see Sheyla but i do kinda see McWeir, and if there was no way that Sw would happen then i wouldn't mind MW
                      Spoiler:
                      I'd hate for them to tear down ANY ships (friendly or romantic) in order to buid another one. I just don't think it's necessary and i enjoy all the different interactions between the characters.

Comment

Well, as of tomorrow morning (6am) I will be heading for Colorado...that means no GW until July 15, unless the hotel has computers that guests can use for cheap ...and in that case i may be on GW, but if not, i will see you all on the 15 or 16...depending on how much i am too busy drooling during the premieres
                        sigpic

Comment

Potions_Mistress - have a great time in Colorado!

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                          Hey folks, i'm a self confessed ShepWeir shipper but i like to lurk here from time to time. I don't see Sheyla but i do kinda see McWeir, and if there was no way that Sw would happen then i wouldn't mind MW
                          Spoiler:
                          I'd hate for them to tear down ANY ships (friendly or romantic) in order to buid another one. I just don't think it's necessary and i enjoy all the different interactions between the characters.
                          And hi to SallyLizzie. Always happy to see people in here. I'm presuming from what you said that you enjoy the M/W friendship/interactions generally and I'm curious, from a friendship point of view what's your favourite scene so far?
                          Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          Spoiler:
                          Oh, that would be quite interesting and would certainly put a strain on their friendship. I'm not sure Rodney would do that though; in Siege 2 we see him directly bypass Everett and go straight to Elizabeth plus he seems so anti-military. Still, I'd like to see an ep where this happens.
                          Spoiler:
                          I think he might do such a thing, the key factor bing that Everett came in all cocky thinking he knew best and could handle it despite their advice and fear, failed (the deployed and quickly destroyed minefield of nukes) and then fell back on Elizabeth and the science team to fix things.

I think if Caldwell listens to reason and doesn't just ignore their advice then Rodney might be more accepting - if it's not simply over confident military overtaking then maybe he could back them when it suits him, as it sounds he might do on one occasion if rumours are correct. If so then this would show Caldwell's prescence driving a wedge not just between Sheppard and Weir (I'm sure I read that somewhere about the new season start but can't recall where it was, might be wrong) but McKay and Weir. Funny how if this is true then they aren't focusing on that in the info released, unless it's that the tension is short lived for M/W or the S/W tension is seen as more exciting and fiery.

At least Rodney and Elizabeth don't have that problem of regulations as they're both civilians, but there's still the problem of leader/subordinant to consider. Funny, I always see those two as equals (and Shep as well) instead of one ranking higher than the other. Maybe it's because he always backs her up and she tends to agree with his ideas. The writers have added "leadership tension" more between Shep and Elizabeth. We haven't seen any leadership squabbles between Shep and Rodney, have we? Is Shep ranked higher than Rodney? If Elizabeth is out of command, does Shep or Rodney take her place? I don't think Martin or Joe ever answered such questions...
                          I think Sheppard is higher than Weir in military situations, Weir higher than both of them normally (but I see Rodney as an equal to her mostly, since they work together as a team almost) and Sheppard higher than Rodney in military or offworld team situations, otherwise on base when nothing is wrong and they're not in a team then Rodney should be equal to Sheppard, as he's head of science and Sheppard is head of the military contingent.

As for Elizabeth's replacement, I had reckoned in S1 that it would be Grodin (who was supposedly her advisor) would take over with the help of Rodney and John, probably with Carson, Ford and Teyla advising them too. Funny how many people it would probably take to replace her.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                            Spoiler:
                            Hi you lurker, you.
                            Spoiler:
                            And I completely agree with you; I'd hate to see less Shep/Elizabeth interactions if there's M/W, I'd hate to see less Rodney/Elizabeth interactions if there's S/W, and I'd hate to see less Shep/Rodney interactions if either happen! Too often writers create a ship and then focus so much on it that other relationships are disturbed and the overall show is hurt. Let's hope that doesn't happen regardless of what ship they choose, if they even choose a ship at all that is...

Spoiler:
                            I think if Caldwell listens to reason and doesn't just ignore their advice then Rodney might be more accepting - if it's not simply over confident military overtaking then maybe he could back them when it suits him, as it sounds he might do on one occasion if rumours are correct. If so then this would show Caldwell's prescence driving a wedge not just between Sheppard and Weir (I'm sure I read that somewhere about the new season start but can't recall where it was, might be wrong) but McKay and Weir. Funny how if this is true then they aren't focusing on that in the info released, unless it's that the tension is short lived for M/W or the S/W tension is seen as more exciting and fiery.
                            Spoiler:
                            Well, I'd certainly like to see Caldwell as more than a "arrogant military grunt" like Everett was; such characters tend to automatically be labeled as the "obvious bad guy" compared to the Atlantis "heroes" and I'd like to see a different, more complex side than that. From what I've seen so far Caldwell appears to be a hardball, but maybe he'll have more respect for Rodney once/if he fixes the Daedalus in "Intruder"?

Also, keep in mind we've seen plenty more tension between S/W (and I mean leadership/conflict tension, not romantic tension) than between M/W, so fans are probably expecting more of the same next season. After the iffy resolution of "Hot Zone" I certainly expect more squabbles between them. And even though we really haven't seen any leadership tension between Rodney and Elizabeth, that doesn't mean it wouldn't exist under the right circumstances. Perhaps Caldwell is indeed the right force to cause some conflict between those two. They certainly have become comfortable trusting the other will back them up (look at how upset they were of the placating fake other in Home), so it would be interesting to see how that conflict pans out.

Comment

Hi all! I'm still writing my wedding fic and I don't really need mushy names anymore, but I was curious about something. Has anyone seen a Mcweir wedding fic before? I read lots of Mcweir fics but I don't ever remember coming across one that was mostly about them having a wedding. I'll have to look around but thanks anyway. Talk to yall later.
                              McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                              Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                              McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
                              My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Spoiler:
                                And even though we really haven't seen any leadership tension between Rodney and Elizabeth, that doesn't mean it wouldn't exist under the right circumstances. Perhaps Caldwell is indeed the right force to cause some conflict between those two. They certainly have become comfortable trusting the other will back them up (look at how upset they were of the placating fake other in Home), so it would be interesting to see how that conflict pans out.
                                I totally agree with this!
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm very interested to see some tension between the two, but only if it makes their relationship stronger in the long run. I think they have come to expect the other to back them up, as you said, and it has become such a commonplace part of their relationship that it sort of gets taken for granted. I think if we add a little tension in there, it will be one of those "You don't know what you've got until it's gone" type experiences, and maybe they'll realize how much they've come to rely on each other over the course of the past season, and that might spring into some romantic realizations (if only in fanfic.) However, if they play out the dramatic tension in a way that causes a destruction of the W/M friendship, I'll be very, VERY upset!

Comment

Working...
                                X