Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateSeeker2
    Catch ya later - I'm turning in.....*begins snoring even as I'm typinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    LOL! Night night, don't let the bed bugs bite!

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Hi Gateseeker2!
      Welcome and nice to have you with us

I don't suppose it was recent episode "The Gift" that made you think of teyla/beckett was it?

When did you first see McWeir then?
      And I so agree, not many women out there that could/would put up with Rodney but Elizabth is one of them.

Infact people had commented in the past that they wouldn't see McKay/Weir if Jessica Steen was still playing Weir - which makes me wonder if that's got anything to do with why they refused her to continue in S8 SG1 and hired Torri...
      Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by GateSeeker2
        Just wanted to say, "Hello." I thought I'd drop in and see how this ship is floating... *looks around the main deck* nice - looks like a sweet ride...

Of course, after spending years aboard the USS Sam/Jack ship...I don't think I'll ever quite be as ready to permanently sail on another vessel...but...I think Weir and McKay make a better couple than Weir and Sheppard.

McKay was so annoying in SG1 - which was what he was supposed to be me thinks. But I really LIKE this guy in Atlantis!!! He's still annoying - sure - but now loveably so! Plus, I love how Elizabeth always looks at Rodney with this little expression of humor mixed with a twinge of annoyance and a smidgen of 'you're so cute.' Also, Rodney has grown so much in Atlantis in so many ways... I really preferred the original Weir actress, but this one is OK - took me a while to warm up to her... And, Weir is probably the only woman at Atlantis that could actually tolerate Rodney.

Sheppard is just to much of a one dimensional copy of Jack that is sort of sickens me...I was really hoping for a more diverse character. OK - so being a little like Jack is OK - but his mannerism, his inflection, his humor, his bantering with Rodney, it just isn't me...oh but wait - this isn't a bash Sheppard site - sorry - many apologizes...it's hard for me to stay on task....but Sheppard and Teyla ship is OK - but maybe Teyla and the Doctor work better?

Anyway, I think I'd like to occassionally set sail with you guys if that's ok? Where can I buy a ticket?

I'm glad you found your way over here Gateseeker. Can I point you in the way of the McKay/Sheppard ship thread too? (giggle!) Shipaholics Anonymous.

PS-McShep isn't as much slash as you think. It's also respect for the friendship and snark that's between them.
        "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
        "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
        Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
        Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
        "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
        Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
        Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
        (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Little bump, and a pic.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

nice piccy
            sigpic

Comment

....indeed *wonders what she's looking at, as it's obviously not the back of his head*

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                ....indeed *wonders what she's looking at, as it's obviously not the back of his head*
                LOL!!

Comment

lol.... well i didn't think my comment was THAT funny

Comment

Ok - I made a vid.
                    It's primarily a Before I Sleep episode vid (hence spoilers) but has lots of Weir and quite a bit of McKay - and I'd say quite a bit of McWeir there.

It's called "A Matter of Time" and is available here, in medium 4.5mb wmv and the recommended 10.6mb high quality wmv.
                    http://www.streamload.com/hyperio1/@lantis/

Hope everyone enjoys it.

Comment

cool! *off to watch the vid*

Comment

Someone really really really needs to make a REMEMBER WHEN IT RAINED Josh Groban music video for McKay/Weir! I'd do it, but yeah I don't have video.

Comment

I'm sure there is a Tim McGraw song that had something to do with rain that would be good for McWeir too.

Comment

i'm sure my music collection contains a few songs that would fit

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                              i'm sure my music collection contains a few songs that would fit
                              Any that would fit Sheyla????

Comment

i'm sure there are (i've got like 1000 so take your pick )

as for specifics, i'll say some in the sheyla thread methinks

Comment

Working...
                                X