No announcement yet.

Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard/O'Neill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back Brn. I posted up your icons anyway.

sigpic

Comment

Loving Thirty-Eight Minutes

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Brn! Welcome Back!!! Glad you're home safe and well ...

sigpic

Comment

Sha... it is such a weird thing to see your name pop up here while it is still light outside... actually while it is still today even.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
              Sha... it is such a weird thing to see your name pop up here while it is still light outside... actually while it is still today even.

[url]http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/bailey1ak/Cam%2023/19.jpg[/ur]
              Strange for me too! My little one kept me up most of the night and still wants/needs me to look after her today so I had to take a carers day from work. I'm pretty tired too so going to work wouldn't have been a good idea.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear about the little one being sick. That is the worst! It gets easier as they get older and I go through a lot of Olbus Oil while they are sick.

sigpic

Comment

I think young children with colds, plugged noses, sneezing, sore throats and coughing is a real drag. If they could only sleep sitting up, successfully.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Oh, true Bay - if she could sleep sitting up it would be so much better. I tried putting eculyptus oil on her pillow or something similar on her chest and that only made her cry more = an even stuffier nose. She slept okay on the couch with me (just hard for me to sleep too!!)

sigpic

Comment

Oh, Sha, sorry to hear your little one isn't well. *sends homemade chicken noodle soup to help* In my household, it's Vicks for the stuffy nose, peppermint candies and mint tea with honey for the sore throat.

Comment

I usually put the Olbus oil on their pillow cases a little before bed. It is amazing. Also have had success with smearing vics jelly on their feet and putting their socks on over. Not as messy as the vics on the chest. Also, my son has sensory issues and there is no way I could get that on his chest without many tears and eventually a bath. but he will let me do his feet and then cover them with socks. Less messy and the smell is greatly diminished.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks lg ... she's still little enough that being sick is very upsetting to her ... it's a bit funny because she's blaming her big sister who 'coughed on her' Yeah, Vicks was what I tried to put on her last night - she wasn't having a bar of that! Haven't tried peppermint candies - that might work ...

Vicks on the feet - I've heard of that but never tried it - the novelty might just get me over the line on giving her something to help tonight Thanks Bay. The oil on the pillow thing I did do - didn't go down well, had to get out another pillow case because apparently I have now ruined her pillow LOL

sigpic

Comment

Hey lg, did you have any sigs for the Enemy Within rewatch/challenge?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                                I usually put the Olbus oil on their pillow cases a little before bed. It is amazing. Also have had success with smearing vics jelly on their feet and putting their socks on over. Not as messy as the vics on the chest. Also, my son has sensory issues and there is no way I could get that on his chest without many tears and eventually a bath. but he will let me do his feet and then cover them with socks. Less messy and the smell is greatly diminished.
                                I hadn't thought about the feet, but we don't have problems with the Vicks.

What is Olbus Oil?

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
                                Thanks lg ... she's still little enough that being sick is very upsetting to her ... it's a bit funny because she's blaming her big sister who 'coughed on her' Yeah, Vicks was what I tried to put on her last night - she wasn't having a bar of that! Haven't tried peppermint candies - that might work ...
                                Peppermint helps for several reasons. First of all, it'll coat her throat with a thick coating and help soothe the soreness. Secondly, it helps any upset tummy she might have from not eating or not being hungry when Mom forces her to eat a few bites. (Mine does that!) Butterscotch is another candy that helps with the sore throat.

My mother takes a lot of necessary medications, and my grandmother was addicted to prescription drugs, so I usually try a lot of natural remedies before I take meds.

Comment

Working...
                                X