No announcement yet.

Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard/O'Neill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
    sigpic
    Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Good Afternoon Flyboy Thunkers...

sigpic

Comment

Hello all...

Comment

Thanks guys! Knee is on and off. It was an old injury. My team was on an SAR mission and I found this kid. He was tied on a mine and if we moved him, he'd be in bits & pieces, scattered all over Kingdom Come. So I volunteered. I was the fastest runner in my squad. I got a head start, ran at the boy and grabbed him on my way by. The blast threw us a hundred feet or more, but I saved the kid. My knee got wrenched, though and has never been the same.

Spoiler:
          Actually, I was walking from the bedroom to the kitchen and forgot something. I turned around too quick and wrenched the knee. It has never been the same. **sigh** The dangers of getting old.
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            Wow! I didn't know that he was in the movie. Another surprise person in the movie. Ioan Gruffud was also in it. He's the officer that rescues Rose.

Wrong movie Sparky. Kavan was in the 1996 TV Movie Titanic, whereas Ioan was in the 1997 Theatrical release of Titanic. What's funny is that per IMDB, both played the same "character" Fifth Officer Harold Lowe.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
              Thanks guys! Knee is on and off. It was an old injury. My team was on an SAR mission and I found this kid. He was tied on a mine and if we moved him, he'd be in bits & pieces, scattered all over Kingdom Come. So I volunteered. I was the fastest runner in my squad. I got a head start, ran at the boy and grabbed him on my way by. The blast threw us a hundred feet or more, but I saved the kid. My knee got wrenched, though and has never been the same.

Spoiler:
              Actually, I was walking from the bedroom to the kitchen and forgot something. I turned around too quick and wrenched the knee. It has never been the same. **sigh** The dangers of getting old.

I love your adventure.. great story.. LOL @ the spoiler tags!!

i have the same problem, my left knee is toast, almost... I get cortisone shots in it every six months, i am due soon cuz it's starting to hurt daily.
              My story..
              Spoiler:
              I was on a Trike, three-wheel ATV from my older brother, leaned my left leg back to shift gears or something, can't remember, then a heard a snap! Literally!! then the machine stalled. Older brother was on Quad in front of me, and noticed i wasn't following anymore. Brother turned around and found me and said "What?" I said "I think I broke my leg!!" He said okay.. stay here, and he took off. Came back a few minutes later with his truck, and opened up the tailgate, my sister-in-law was in there with blankets, rope and rakes, brother backed-up truck, reached under my shoulders, pulled me onto the truck, I screamed and passed out!!
              Brother drove to hospital, pulled into the Ambulance bay and the Attendants there were yelling at him to move, this is an ambulance, said my brother opening the tailgate! I looked up and saw the attendants. They got a stretcher and pulled me out.. My leg was tied with two rakes and rope, thanks to brother who is a certified EMT off duty that day!!
              So anyhow, doctor took x-rays and told me I snapped my femur - biggest bone in the body - and they would set it and I would be in a cast for 6 - 8 weeks.

One week later I went back to get x-ray to check all was healing properly, doctor who set it, didn't set correctly, a clean break and it was now jagged.. New Doctor told me we had to break it, insert pins and I would be in a cast for 6 months I went from 6-8 weeks to 6 months.. OY!!
              Surgery, happened and I was in a cast for 6 months (bonus - I worked for my dad, and so I got a ride to work everyday, and was a secretary at the time)
              Anyhow, after the 6 months were over, i head to learn to walk but since my knee was in such a straight position, it froze, all the muscle went hard, weird, but that is why I get the shots now!!

Sorry, I lagged on, but that is my story.. other bonus is, I can tell when the cold weather is coming!
              sigpic

Comment

"What is wrong with you?"

ONTLL: What??
                ONTLLJC: It's a CSI New York episode, and your going nuts cuz of that Flyboy visiting!!
                ONTLL: Jack.. It's Harm!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post

i have the same problem, my left knee is toast, almost... I get cortisone shots in it every six months, i am due soon cuz it's starting to hurt daily.
                  My story..
                  Spoiler:
                  I was on a Trike, three-wheel ATV from my older brother, leaned my left leg back to shift gears or something, can't remember, then a heard a snap! Literally!! then the machine stalled. Older brother was on Quad in front of me, and noticed i wasn't following anymore. Brother turned around and found me and said "What?" I said "I think I broke my leg!!" He said okay.. stay here, and he took off. Came back a few minutes later with his truck, and opened up the tailgate, my sister-in-law was in there with blankets, rope and rakes, brother backed-up truck, reached under my shoulders, pulled me onto the truck, I screamed and passed out!!
                  Brother drove to hospital, pulled into the Ambulance bay and the Attendants there were yelling at him to move, this is an ambulance, said my brother opening the tailgate! I looked up and saw the attendants. They got a stretcher and pulled me out.. My leg was tied with two rakes and rope, thanks to brother who is a certified EMT off duty that day!!
                  So anyhow, doctor took x-rays and told me I snapped my femur - biggest bone in the body - and they would set it and I would be in a cast for 6 - 8 weeks.

One week later I went back to get x-ray to check all was healing properly, doctor who set it, didn't set correctly, a clean break and it was now jagged.. New Doctor told me we had to break it, insert pins and I would be in a cast for 6 months I went from 6-8 weeks to 6 months.. OY!!
                  Surgery, happened and I was in a cast for 6 months (bonus - I worked for my dad, and so I got a ride to work everyday, and was a secretary at the time)
                  Anyhow, after the 6 months were over, i head to learn to walk but since my knee was in such a straight position, it froze, all the muscle went hard, weird, but that is why I get the shots now!!

Sorry, I lagged on, but that is my story.. other bonus is, I can tell when the cold weather is coming!
                  At least you have a better reality story. I mean, really--turning around too fast in the house? I have to make something up so I don't sound like a total train wreck.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

At least you have a better reality story. I mean, really--turning around too fast in the house? I have to make something up so I don't sound like a total train wreck.
                    It's better than what I did to my knee nearly two years ago.......

Spoiler:
                    I was literally walking across my living room when it went out. No turning, nothing. Take one step, and there it goes. I let it rest for about a week and then decided to paint my bathroom. Stepping down off a stool, the knee that I'd sprained a week earlier by just walking across my living room, gave out. It took almost a year for it to be right again!

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                      It's better than what I did to my knee nearly two years ago.......

Spoiler:
                      I was literally walking across my living room when it went out. No turning, nothing. Take one step, and there it goes. I let it rest for about a week and then decided to paint my bathroom. Stepping down off a stool, the knee that I'd sprained a week earlier by just walking across my living room, gave out. It took almost a year for it to be right again!

Have both of you watched Season 6 of SG-1 Episode 1 and 2.. you see RDA kinda limping around. They had to do a quick re-write and re-film the opening..

RDA picked his daughter up from a class, and injured his knee!! it's doesn't take much!!

Thanks to http://www.stargatecaps.com for the screen cap, haven't done it yet!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Have both of you watched Season 6 of SG-1 Episode 1 and 2.. you see RDA kinda limping around. They had to do a quick re-write and re-film the opening..

RDA picked his daughter up from a class, and injured his knee!! it's doesn't take much!!
                        I agree with that. It doesn't take much. My right knee bothers me all the time, especially when I first get up in the morning and have no idea what I might have done to it. Sometimes I limp because it feels like its going to give out.

And to make us all feel better, here's a pic of RDA in a tux.

Comment

After reading the last several posts... I'd say you all need to be careful moving... extremely.

Spoiler:
                          I think I read this twice thinking I'd missed something. That was wonderful, WW.

My story..
                          Spoiler:

You two make quite a pair! Sounds quite painful though, Two LL's!

ONTLL: What??
                          ONTLLJC: It's a CSI New York episode, and your going nuts cuz of that Flyboy visiting!!
                          ONTLL: Jack.. It's Harm!!

Was Harm in the latest CSI NY? Will have to go check that out right away!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
                            I agree with that. It doesn't take much. My right knee bothers me all the time, especially when I first get up in the morning and have no idea what I might have done to it. Sometimes I limp because it feels like its going to give out.

And to make us all feel better, here's a pic of RDA in a tux.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...heheist100.jpg
                            Ahem, that is your idea of RDA in a Tux.. Really!! (just kidding!!)

My favorite!! Oh my..
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay, um.. I need.. WOW!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                                After reading the last several posts... I'd say you all need to be careful moving... extremely.

very funny.. I have no problems moving around and if that first doctor (who is no longer practicing medicine by the way - Uncle was a lawyer!) didn't screw up, I wouldn't been out of the cast in 8 weeks tops, but no.

You two make quite a pair! Sounds quite painful though, Two LL's!
                                Not that bad, just when the weather changes, actually started quit a good conversation with RDA, about comparing injuries, but he won!! He has more metal in him, then I do!!

Was Harm in the latest CSI NY? Will have to go check that out right away!!!
                                Um, don't have to check, I was a re-run. I am re-watch CSI NY season 7.. sorry!

Remember my General gets jealous very easy!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X