John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    Keep forgetting to post this! It was posted in the Whump thread a couple of days ago:
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/12/07...l-finale/35505
    OT for SGU ratings
    Spoiler:
    The latest eps ratings dropped to 1.1 with 1.3 million viewers. Thats less than the lowest ep of SGA S5, that got 1.4 million and was up againts the Presidential election
    Now those news are my cup of tea
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Cazz, those look AWESOME!

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
      Yeah, because Teyla's the clumsy type and will trip over her shoelaces.
      Exactly.....

John and the team stepped through the Gate, arriving on the tropical planet descriptively named MX-1980. Why, John thought as he stepped on the warm beach, couldn’t all of the planets in the Pegasus Galaxy be like this?

He glanced over his shoulder to make sure everyone in his team was ready. He nodded towards them and started walking towards the village.

Several steps later, he heard a deep thud and an unsuccessful attempt to smother a giggle. John closed his eyes, refusing to laugh.

Teyla had tripped over her shoelaces again.

For some reason, Teyla, leader of the Athosian people, a strong and skilled woman, could not tie her shoes correctly. No one outside of the team knew, of course. They all promised to omit the little detail from anyone, but it had been difficult to explain to Keller how Teyla sprained her wrist after landing on it awkwardly when she tripped over her shoelaces.

She stood up quickly, challenging anyone to comment on what had happen. Fortunately, everyone remained silent.

For ten seconds.

Then Rodney opened up his wordspout. “You know, Teyla, Sheppard or I could always tie your shoes before we travel off-world,” he offered.

John cringed inwardly. He had made a similar offer a couple of years ago. After Teyla’s icy response, and a blunt hit on the head with her banto sticks, he vowed to never bring it up again.

“No thank you,” she gritted through her teeth.

“You know, because, you’re always tripping and I’m sure it’s more than a little embar--”

John coughed loudly, trying to shut him up.

Unfortunately, it was not soon enough. Teyla reached in her bag and pulled out a lemon. “Do not mention my shoelaces again or this will find itself in your next meal,” she said, not joking.

Rodney swallowed thickly. The color drained out of his face.

No one said anything to Teyla about her shoelaces ever again.

But, that didn’t stop John from always making sure they were tied before they went on an off-world mission.
      sigpic
      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
        I agree too. Joe and Rachel definately know how to put in all the little things - looks between the two or one watching the other when the other is not looking - that just really show how John & Teyla feel about each other. They are not blatantly obvious (except to all of us! ), but it gives you just enough to know that there is stll that attraction there.

As for Quarantine - that's ridiculous. There is so much more going on in that ep than just Rodney and Katie.Joe is great. He does play nervous really well.
        Watched Quarantine last night. Kept laughing at some bits. My sis said she hated the ep- I glared at her & then got distracted by Sheppy criticizing McKay over his ring.

There were plenty of looks between them in that ep- that's why I love it so much. And when TJ kicks her- it makes John even MORE determined to bust his way out. (you can see his tough exterior melt away when he feels TJ kick- total awwwww! moment!)

BTW- they mention Shep in the blurb for next week's. 'Outcast' is on first- so the blurb mentions that.
        We didn't used to have blurbs for it- but since all the channels have 2 Digital channels, the TV guide that we get has changed to give the new channels more space, so the blurbs are in!

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        You have to wonder what the writers were thinking after Search and Rescue... we had a clear build up of JT in season 4... John clearly showed his feelings and as Joe and Rachel said they were just as surprised as everyone else when JT got dropped.... I think the ptb knew the show was being cancelled way back at comic con when Brad Wright did his little speech about having Movies if SGA was cancelled and all the while squirming while he was saying this... so I think it was just lazy writing .... they couldnt even be bothered explaining Kanaan and it seemed it was too much trouble explaining what happened between John and Teyla as well, eventhough they had being building up their relationship for 4 years...
        It's more of they got too obsessed trying to find a solution to the 'love triangle' of McKay-Keller-Ronon. [THEY CHOSE THE WRONG GUY!]

Twas watching Quarantine last night- & was enjoying (on a rare moment) that Keller wasn't actually annoying me to the point I want someone to shoot the lady! She & Ronon are soooooooooooooooo great together. I actually said during the ep "SHE PICKED THE WRONG GUY!" every time she was on.

I laughed uncontrollably at the end- you know in the final scene, in the Cafeteria?
        John, Teyla, Ronon & Zelenka are chatting- & Keller walks up. Ronon sits up & takes his legs off the spare chair for her, & looks rather........ self-conscious. The looks Joe & Rachel give him are sweet- they're both like......... you can tell they know what's going on. I grinned & giggled. Then sighed- thinking how awesome S5 would be if Keller had chosen Ronon.................

Lovely Cazz! Well done!

----------------------
        Spent this morning watching a few Special Features off my S5 DVD.

Watched:
        -the Brain Storm BTS (despite the ep actually BORING me), & found that more interesting than the ep itself. [not to mention learning that they knew that early on that S5 would be the last one].
        - 'Life & Death of Micheal Kenmore'- awesome! Prob my fav SF of S5. Loved the Conner Trinneer interview in it. It's great to know his feelings about it, & his response to the fans liking Micheal so much. (oh, & the big appreciation to BamBam for his awesome fight sequesnces! woot! )
        - Deleted Scenes Pt 1. Was glad they cut a couple of those. The Vega-Keller scene I could def tell why they chopped it. It just seemed........odd.

Oh, & I just remembered!
        My dvd says that Vegas & EATG are both 'Extended Versions'- I was wondering if anyone knew how much of a difference there is between the aired versions & the Extended?
        I've never seen Vegas, so I wouldn't know. And I saw EATG, but I wasn't really paying too much attention to it..............
        So if anyone can tell me if there's a major difference between them that'd be great.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post

Exactly.....

John and the team stepped through the Gate, arriving on the tropical planet descriptively named MX-1980. Why, John thought as he stepped on the warm beach, couldn’t all of the planets in the Pegasus Galaxy be like this?

He glanced over his shoulder to make sure everyone in his team was ready. He nodded towards them and started walking towards the village.

Several steps later, he heard a deep thud and an unsuccessful attempt to smother a giggle. John closed his eyes, refusing to laugh.

For some reason, Teyla, leader of the Athosian people, a strong and skilled woman, could not tie her shoes correctly. No one outside of the team knew, of course. They all promised to omit the little detail from anyone, but it had been difficult to explain to Keller how Teyla sprained her wrist after landing on it awkwardly when she tripped over her shoelaces.

She stood up quickly, challenging anyone to comment on what had happen. Fortunately, everyone remained silent.

For ten seconds.

Then Rodney opened up his wordspout. “You know, Teyla, Sheppard or I could always tie your shoes before we travel off-world,” he offered.

John cringed inwardly. He had made a similar offer a couple of years ago. After Teyla’s icy response, and a blunt hit on the head with her banto sticks, he vowed to never bring it up again.

“You know, because, you’re always tripping and I’m sure it’s more than a little embar--”

Unfortunately, it was not soon enough. Teyla reached in her bag and pulled out a lemon. “Do not mention my shoelaces again or this will find itself in your next meal,” she said, not joking.

But, that didn’t stop John from always making sure they were tied before they went on an off-world mission.
          This was practically perfect! Love it!
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
            Watched Quarantine last night. Kept laughing at some bits. My sis said she hated the ep- I glared at her & then got distracted by Sheppy criticizing McKay over his ring.

There were plenty of looks between them in that ep- that's why I love it so much. And when TJ kicks her- it makes John even MORE determined to bust his way out. (you can see his tough exterior melt away when he feels TJ kick- total awwwww! moment!)

BTW- they mention Shep in the blurb for next week's. 'Outcast' is on first- so the blurb mentions that.
            We didn't used to have blurbs for it- but since all the channels have 2 Digital channels, the TV guide that we get has changed to give the new channels more space, so the blurbs are in!

It's more of they got too obsessed trying to find a solution to the 'love triangle' of McKay-Keller-Ronon. [THEY CHOSE THE WRONG GUY!]

Twas watching Quarantine last night- & was enjoying (on a rare moment) that Keller wasn't actually annoying me to the point I want someone to shoot the lady! She & Ronon are soooooooooooooooo great together. I actually said during the ep "SHE PICKED THE WRONG GUY!" every time she was on.

I laughed uncontrollably at the end- you know in the final scene, in the Cafeteria?
            John, Teyla, Ronon & Zelenka are chatting- & Keller walks up. Ronon sits up & takes his legs off the spare chair for her, & looks rather........ self-conscious. The looks Joe & Rachel give him are sweet- they're both like......... you can tell they know what's going on. I grinned & giggled. Then sighed- thinking how awesome S5 would be if Keller had chosen Ronon.................

Lovely Cazz! Well done!

----------------------
            Spent this morning watching a few Special Features off my S5 DVD.

Watched:
            -the Brain Storm BTS (despite the ep actually BORING me), & found that more interesting than the ep itself. [not to mention learning that they knew that early on that S5 would be the last one].
            - 'Life & Death of Micheal Kenmore'- awesome! Prob my fav SF of S5. Loved the Conner Trinneer interview in it. It's great to know his feelings about it, & his response to the fans liking Micheal so much. (oh, & the big appreciation to BamBam for his awesome fight sequesnces! woot! )
            - Deleted Scenes Pt 1. Was glad they cut a couple of those. The Vega-Keller scene I could def tell why they chopped it. It just seemed........odd.

Oh, & I just remembered!
            My dvd says that Vegas & EATG are both 'Extended Versions'- I was wondering if anyone knew how much of a difference there is between the aired versions & the Extended?
            I've never seen Vegas, so I wouldn't know. And I saw EATG, but I wasn't really paying too much attention to it..............
            So if anyone can tell me if there's a major difference between them that'd be great.
            I so agree with you! Yes, I'm on team Ronon, but I think S5 would have been much more interesting if she'd chosen Ronon.
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Incredible artwork Cazz.

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post

Exactly.....

For ten seconds.

Wow, this is hilarious. Rodney totally deserved it. Could you imagine if that would have really happened? Teyla threatening Rodney with a lemon, i'd be pretty funny.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
              My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Great artwork Cazz Snurched

Happy birthday Rockhound!!!
                Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                Save Our Seeker!
                LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                  Keep forgetting to post this! It was posted in the Whump thread a couple of days ago:
                  http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/12/07...l-finale/35505
                  OT for SGU ratings
                  Spoiler:
                  The latest eps ratings dropped to 1.1 with 1.3 million viewers. Thats less than the lowest ep of SGA S5, that got 1.4 million and was up againts the Presidential election
                  *cackles gleefully*

Woooahh these make me happeh!
                  don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Thanks everyone

Hehe! Jess thats awesome

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                    *cackles gleefully*

Woooahh these make me happeh!
                    Words such as those never crossed my mind

Happy Birthday Rockhound!!

I'll make a pressie for you once I've posted ep 6!
                    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROCKHOUND!

John and Teyla Advent Calendar Day 11:

Click to Enlarge:

Here it is original size, just in case PB won't let you guys enlarge it with the link above:
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post

That is stunning......

Happy Birthday Rockhound....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                          That is stunning......

Happy Birthday Rockhound....
                          Wow thanx.

Comment

Happy Birthday Rockhound.
                            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Icons from icontest:

Comment

Virtual Season 6: Episode 6:

http://community.livejournal.com/jt_vs6/8891.html

Comment

Working...
                                X