John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
    Well, i haven't seen SGU yet, tonight i will have time to sit back and see it. But i have been reading the reviews and comments...and yeah, sounds like more people didn't like it than did. Can't believe Syfy is excited over a 2 million rating and saying it beat out SGA's 5th season as good news lol. I think that's bad news lol. We all know SGA's 5th season was the worst season for them, so why compare it to that lol. Also, knowing that the first episode usually draws the most viewers because people want to give it a shot and see if they may like it and ends up bringing that low of a number...isn't good. A 2 million rating for say a regular episode is good, actually awesome!...now that is something to get excited about...but for a premiere?...not that great. Who knows how many of that percent of people will not watch the next episode? Or maybe the episode after that?. I think it's definitely on thin ice. Again, i haven't seen it, but if they hope to keep it on the air, the next few episodes have to be great.

Another thing that is worring me is that one, i'm reading things like, they don't have much of the action that i love on Stargate. Yes, visually it looks good but it's mostly centered on drama and characters. Yikes!....don't know how much i'll like that.

Secondly, don't get me wrong with my above post, i do like drama and character base episodes...but i don't want it to take over the syfy'ness if that's even a word lol...of what Stargate is suppose to be about. I like a good blend of it. We all complained about the lack of Character base or focus on Atlantis, but we didn't want it to take over either. So with that said, now it seems like they are taking away the action/adventure aspect of it for more Drama based character episodes which to my surprise from reading peoples comments, no one even cares about the characters!. Maybe one or two characters are okay but most people didn't seem to care about them!. That's bad right there because i'm like Bluealien, yes, it takes time to know a character and flesh out stories but i instently know which characters draw me in and that i want to get to know. If at the end, i turn off my tv, not carring for one single character...that is not good because crappy storytelling does happen, some SGA episodes sucked!...but the love i had for most of the characters, kept me coming back and watching it.

I'll give my review later on tonight. I'm one of those people who still lives in the stone age and doesn't have a DVR lol...i still use a VCR lol. And well, i wasn't home while it was recording and the tape finished. So it didn't record like the last 40 minutes of it.
    yeah i'm still out on SGU. to me it seemed like it was trying to hard to be hip and to be totally diffenrt from the other two. for most of the ep i was kind of bored and i was missing the witty banter that i had came to love on stargate. i mean o'neil dind't even have any witty coments. The only parts i really enjoyed was seeing the SG-1 people and i did like that hint of banter that was between Eli and the LT. (can't remember his name) toward the end. it kind of reminded me of Mckay and John. or maybe i was just missing SGA so bad that i read too much into it. lol. i still can't beleive SGA got the axe for SGU. i talked about this with my dad (who is the one that got me into SG-1/SGA) And he agreed with me that if they had kept SGA on the air to run along with SGU that maybe it would make more sense since thier was some major plot holes.

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
    Do you mean this one???
    I never knew SGA was mainstream enough to be on TV guide.
    see every one knew J/T belonged together stupid PTB.
    Sigs by me and Scifan

Comment

JT Quiz Answers

1. Hide and Seek

2. The Siege part 1

3. Hot Zone

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Well y'all: Spoilers for SGU pilot. Do not read if don't want to know.

Spoiler:
        I finally watched the SGU pilot that I dvr'd. I really tried to go in with an open mind about it. I really did. I only really the article about the first 5 eps or whatever and stayed away from BW interview.

It was horrendous! I maybe in the minority in here, but, I don't think so. Who knows. I'm not going into details about the pilot because, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it.

All I know, is they bucked up and actually let SGA have a sixth season! Anything would've been better than the dribble that is SGU! They used all the SGA sets, it's so obvious! They had no intention of ever doing another season of SGA! Period! I don't care if do have a bigger budget! No amount of money can make a show better when it bites from the get go! For me to delete it without even watching it a second time is pretty bad! Seriously. Mind you, I didn't even watch SGA at first. I did see the pilot when it originally aired, but, I wasn't home to see the eps when they air. Which, btw, the ratings for SGA were way higher for it's premier than SGU!

What bites even more, is that in SGU, it's like SGA never even existed! It's like it's the child you don't want anyone to know that you have or something.

And, in the whole time SGA was on they never wanted any 'shippynes'. And, BOOM! From the get go it's in SGU! That so BITES! I will not watch anymore of SGU. I can't bring myself to.

But, please, watch for yourself and decide. This is just me ranting. Especially, when they so could've done JT so easily without having to try so hard to make it work! And, now, in the new one, it's like they're 2 Mckays! Whatever. The gamer boy is stupid! Oh, excuse me: 'Math Boy!' The other one is a cross between DJ, Mckay, and DB.... Scottish or whatever! Bleh!
        1-800-Iluv-JandT
        sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
          LOL! glad i'm not the only one who still owns a VCR lol.

Well i saw SGU..most of it anyway since my tape finished with only 40 minutes left of the show lol.

For me, it was just okay. Visually looked good and the only character i liked was Eli and TJ was good...although i didn't see much of her. Other than that, i was bored a few times except for the Eli scenes lol. The story idea for this show is interesting, just depends what they do with it and so far, wasn't too impressed. Who knows, maybe it will get better with each episode????...i don't know. Either way, made me miss SGA .
          I could only bare a whole 25 mins. The fast forward button was the star for me.

What JF interview? Is it a new one? And, Where do I find it to read it or watch it!!!!

PLEASE! Help a sista OUT!
          1-800-Iluv-JandT
          sig by Sci!

Comment

*huggles Elfie*

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
              *huggles Elfie*

Feeling huggles! Just what I needed. Thanks Cazz!
              1-800-Iluv-JandT
              sig by Sci!

Comment

Feel the love!

Spoiler:

1-800-Iluv-JandT
                sig by Sci!

Comment

I Have A Quiz:

What episodes did these quotes come from:

1. John: What have you done to her doc?

Teyla: Very funny

2. John: Remember, no wild parties while we're gone.

Teyla: We will try to restrain ourselves

3. John: It's not the reason I did it.

Teyla: I know.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                  My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Loving... cont'd!

Spoiler:
                    *should say 'When you don't!'*
                    1-800-Iluv-JandT
                    sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
                      I Have A Quiz:

What episodes did these quotes come from:

1. John: What have you done to her doc?

Teyla: Very funny

2. John: Remember, no wild parties while we're gone.

Teyla: We will try to restrain ourselves

3. John: It's not the reason I did it.

Teyla: I know.
                      The Ark. #3 Elfie has to go study for quiz! Such torture!
                      1-800-Iluv-JandT
                      sig by Sci!

Comment

I looked in the WH13 thread and found this: Mind you the only ep Iwatched was the one with JF!

Spoiler:
                        KENNY: I want both Pete and Myka to have a dating life of some sort. Myka had a connection with Joe Flannigan’s character (Jeff Weaver) in “Elements.” Maybe he’ll come back. Pete had a connection with Tricia Helfer’s character (Agent Bonnie Belski) in the first episode, “Resonance.” Maybe we’ll play that again. But certainly I want to keep them living sexual beings. The upside of that, not just to see them date, but the upside is to see the other one’s reaction to their dating. I want to see how it bugs them. How one doesn’t like the other one’s choice as a date. I want to play with that. I want Claudia to meet a local kid in the town. Maybe start going out with him and maybe Artie and Pete don’t like the kid and Myka likes him a lot. Myka become the big sister/mother figure that Claudia never had. I want to explore that relationship.
                        UOTE]

http://ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=3529 This is the rest of the interview, Once I saw this, I had to post this.
                        1-800-Iluv-JandT
                        sig by Sci!

Comment

I see you....

Spoiler:
                          1-800-Iluv-JandT
                          sig by Sci!

Comment

Heheheee... That's what I get for not posting so much in a while...
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Comment

But we love these, Elf!
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                                But we love these, Elf!
                                feels luffed!
                                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                                sig by Sci!

Comment

Working...
                                X