John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
    Cazz would you have any idea why I cant see my icons on my lj?
    Hmm, not really But I don't know anything about code I just looked and I can see them Do you have any trouble seeing other images in LJ?

You could try asking Erika (she plays in the whump thread), she's good with code

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Hmm, not really But I don't know anything about code I just looked and I can see them Do you have any trouble seeing other images in LJ?

You could try asking Erika (she plays in the whump thread), she's good with code

No, occasionally i cant see some icons from other ljs, but most of the time i can see the pics But thanks anyway
      sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Thanks Cazz!! Love the caps.

Here's a gifs to go with them. Love her spanking John's butt.

Hey LJ. Try to catch up during CSI or commercials.

Comment

Voted

You just missed round 4... the voting closed minutes before you voted but round 5 is up if you wish to vote in that round...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...92#post9684592
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
            You just missed round 4... the voting closed minutes before you voted but round 5 is up if you wish to vote in that round...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...92#post9684592
            So ive been told Thanks
            sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Teyla icons
              Spoiler:
              sig by Cazzblade

Comment

It's pretty unbelievable that the ptb gave us the wonderful dream sequence in Search and Rescue
                Spoiler:
                where John and Teyla's connection almost jumped off the screen, and then didnt continue with it... . all John's subconsious feelings were manifested in that dream.. he cherishes her above all others and wants to be alone with her.. that to me confirms only one thing... he loves her... sigh..

I don't know what went on in the writers head... their attempt at writing the baby arc just fell flat and they seemed to think that if Teyla had been secretely involved with someone else then she couldnt possilby be seen to be close to John again... not only John but her whole team it seems..

There seemed to be a total lack of direction in season 5.. not just with John and Teyla but in general... its like each writer just did what the felt like and this totally effected the cohesion of the show and previous seasons... I think a lot of the focus was put on Keller and McKeller and everyone else forgotten about..

But after reading JM's long essay on shipping I think he and the writers realised what a mistake they had made.... McKeller didnt go down the way they thought it would and many fans including non shipppers were very disappointed in the treatment of John/Teyla as a a pairing and as individual characters..... JM acknowleded himself that JT were to be the canon ship and that Teyla was the perfect woman for John.... and I think he also thought the Kanaan character was pretty lame as he referred to him as the invisible babysitter as well......
                I think I read the same JM blog. TBH, though I love Rodney, I'm an admitted Ronon/Jen shipper. There just wasn't that much chemistry (at least not more than friends IMO) between Keller and McKay.
                In one of the earlier DVD commentaries didn't they also admit that Teyla was supposed to be the love interest for John?? I just do not understand why they do something like that and then never follow through! I can understand building romantic tension, but jeez. And then you get to the end of the series and look what happens and who is alone. I just pray (probably unrealistically) that they do something for John and Teyla in the sequel. But we all know they won't.

And I have to agree with you about season 5. It was like once they realized the show was going to be canceled, they just gave up on it. In past seasons I took for granted that I was going to enjoy every episode, and in season 5 it was really hit or miss. Some very good episodes and then some not so good ones, and then a couple that were utterly disappointing. Sad for the last season.
                &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
                  I think I read the same JM blog. TBH, though I love Rodney, I'm an admitted Ronon/Jen shipper. There just wasn't that much chemistry (at least not more than friends IMO) between Keller and McKay.
                  In one of the earlier DVD commentaries didn't they also admit that Teyla was supposed to be the love interest for John?? I just do not understand why they do something like that and then never follow through! I can understand building romantic tension, but jeez. And then you get to the end of the series and look what happens and who is alone. I just pray (probably unrealistically) that they do something for John and Teyla in the sequel. But we all know they won't.

And I have to agree with you about season 5. It was like once they realized the show was going to be canceled, they just gave up on it. In past seasons I took for granted that I was going to enjoy every episode, and in season 5 it was really hit or miss. Some very good episodes and then some not so good ones, and then a couple that were utterly disappointing. Sad for the last season.
                  Yep. It was Rising and thats when I started shipping JT!!
                  Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                  Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

I honestly believe that if we had a season 6 it would have been a lot better. The ptb tried to change things too much in season 5 and a lot of it didnt work so I think they are aware of that.... aware Keller wasn't the beloved character they expected her to be and the same with McKeller.... the biggest complaint I have seen for season 5 was the lack of team feeling and this was an issue with most fans whether they were shippers or not.... Kanaan was pretty much an insult to our intelligence..... I still think it was detrimental to Teyla's character and I will never see her move on without making any attempt to let John know how she felt.. but at the end of the day the writers didnt really know their own characters or each of the writers seemed to have a different view of them and this is what caused the lack of cohesion to previous seasons.

I hope we get more of the team feel in the movie and they go back to basics though I fear it may just be another EATG...
                    Spoiler:
                    lots of fast moving action but very little character development.
                    If the writers want to hold onto Kanaan as being the love of Teyla's life then they need to put a bit more effort and explanation into it.....
                    Spoiler:
                    Kanaan just doesn't come across as dynamic or strong enough for Teyla...... he was too afraid to help her and her unborn child but then as soon as John and the team showed up he was suddenly willing to help..but yet this is never touched upon ..so again just a very inplausible scenario..

Hopefully the movie will get back to basics and we will at least get some nice team moments between all of them.. including John and Teyla.... and they need to either get rid of Kanaan or at least show us what she sees in him.. and somehow I don't think they will put any more effort into that relationship than they have done in the past.... so Kanaan really needs to get dressed in a red shirt and that particular part of Teyla's life put to rest and get back to spending more time on the team and the wonderful relationships and friendships between them...
                    I agree that the lack of team interaction was a major problem in season 5. And yes, Kanaan was an insult to our intelligence. Wasn't it that same JM blog where he said that when they thought over how to handle Rachel's pregnancy, they knew they only had two ways to explain it, that either there was an unknown as the father, or that it was John's? But they didn't think it was in character for the two of them to have an unmentioned relationship that their team didn't even know about? I can agree with that to a certain extent, but the whole Kanaan thing was just ridiculous. It would have been more plausible for her to have had a fling with him and not a real, never seen relationship! And the character itself is not strong enough for Teyla (I bring this up in my fic a lot!) You were very right about that too. Actually, I can just agree with everything you said!
                    &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

I agree and I don't see why it was such a problem for John to be the father...they had been building up their relationship for 3 years but it was too much to accept that they could have taken it to the next step... once Teyla found out she was pregnant she could have gone to Lornes team if she wanted to continue to fight the Wraith.... we couldnt of seen any less of her than we saw in season 5 anyway....

So I just have to roll my eyes when the writers thought it was more plausible to bring some unknown guy out of nowhere and announce that he and Teyla had been secret lovers... is that the Teyla they had shown us over 3 years... why would she go behind her closest friends backs and hide her relationship with Kanaan...why would she lie to John about it and keep her pregnancy from him.. it was all such a shambles.
                      I think John being a father would have opened up a whole new side to him.... and we could have learned so much more about him and the relationship with his own father... but instead the hero has to have emotional issues and doesnt deserve to end up with anyone... so what happend to the Shep in season one that said he would like to have kids...

Ahh... such wasted potential....thank God for amazing fanfic like Lost ..... it's sad that fanfic writers have much more of a grasp on the characters than the writers of the show..... and can come up with such interesting and creative ideas .... and I don't just mean for John and Teyla...
                      Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                      Yeah you can start to wonder about some things when it comes to John and Torren...

Spoiler:
                      We all heard him say to Teyla if anything would to happen to her,,, there are people that would look out for Torren.. and gosh I can't remember everything he said in Quarantine..but didn't he basically mention himself in that too...

I know he got a little take back with the whole deal of her being pregnant..but you also later on see clearly how protective he is over her.. and we have to see as well how much he did to try and find her.. his determination to get to her,,to find her and bring her to safety... he risked his life numerous times for her but he goes all injured and is not just risking his own life but the life of the others because he could have ended up being a liability to Ronon and Rodney..and to the rescue of Teyla.. yet he did it anyway..even with the notion of Sam could court martial him when he got back... and actually who knows..he seemed in scenes like that one in Prodigal to be rather comfortable with Torren..and like he has spent time with him... so who knows.. there are times I felt like John even acted more of someone closer to Torren and Teyla then Kanaan ever did and he is the boy's father.. yet I sure didn't get that feel..all I felt was like he was the on duty babysitter... hell I didn't even feel a connection between Kanaan and Teyla or even Kanaan and Torren in scenes they were together..given what was it 1 or 2..but hell even in one scene with Torren and John you could almost feel a bond...

My own feelings though here
                      God I love this thread! You all just express everything so well and I agree with pretty much all of it too (Nice bonus there!)

Have to say that all the pics, icons, etc. everything posted is amazing too!
                      I'll say it again - I love this thread.
                      &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Latest note from Rachel
                        sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Latest note from Rachel
                          Thanks Snowy.
                          sigpic

Comment

OT~~
                            Spoiler:
                            And now for something completely different. ... Hi to all from Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando FL!! Hope everyone is well!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                              OT~~
                              Spoiler:
                              And now for something completely different. ... Hi to all from Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando FL!! Hope everyone is well!
                              Okay that was funny! And I really need to find one of those next time I go to Disney (I live about 2 hours away) but unfortunately, I don't get there very often. Thanks for posting the link!
                              &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
                                Okay that was funny! And I really need to find one of those next time I go to Disney (I live about 2 hours away) but unfortunately, I don't get there very often. Thanks for posting the link!
                                It is random throughout the day, but this particular sweet little fellow of a can came out of Mickeys Star Traders. (The door to Rays Cosmic cafe is right there!) it was really cute seeing the thing. (Yes it did the Hokey Pokey with several cast members before the parade ten minutes later)

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X