X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
    Thanks for the welcome guys!

These are hilarious!!!
    Love the banner....I just love that moment in The Return 1....those looks, the smiles... ahhh memories
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Part 6-

Spoiler:
      Ronon, Teyla, and John all looked at each other, eyebrows raised. “No? No one? Hm. Why am I not surprised? Well, may I suggest we leave this room and try a different one before someone gets--Oh crap.” Rodney put his head down. “What is it?” Teyla asked. Rodney shook his head. “The door we came in, it’s gone,” he said agitated, pointing behind them. He buried his face in his hands. “I hate this place.”

The others turned around and saw the wall had somehow closed up behind them. John took a deep breath and looked at Teyla, trying to smile. “Ok, well I guess we have no choice then but to figure out this puzzle. I’m sure one of us here is intelligent enough.” He looked at the others.

Rodney lifted his head. “Yeah, well I certainly wouldn’t place that hope into any of you three.” Ronon started towards him, but Teyla placed a firm hand on his arm. Rodney flinched and continued. “I think it’s pretty obvious here people it’s going to have to be me! I don’t know what you three actually do for a living, but I don’t think MENSA is knocking down any of your doors.” Ronon and Teyla looked at him with blank expressions. John cleared his throat and said, “Well then brainiac, why don’t you just get to work then?”

Rodney turned and examined the tablets carefully, making sure not to touch any of them. The others came over and peered over his shoulder. Rodney murmured to himself for awhile and appeared to be making notations to himself, using his fingers to write in the air. An hour or so passed and while he continued this, the others had sat down together, backs against the wall, remaining far away from the tablets. “Are you ok?” John asked Teyla hesitantly. She smiled and nodded.” Yes, thank you." She paused for a moment. "Do you think Twitchy will able to solve the puzzle?” John smirked. “Well, he seems pretty confident, so yeah, I’m sure we’ll be fine.” Teyla looked down, her eyes thoughtful. John kept going, seeing her furrowed brow. “We’ll get our memories back soon. Don’t worry.” His voice was soft and caring. She looked up at his hazel eyes and felt a shiver as they seemed to burn right through her.

“I’ve got it!” Rodney yelled. They all stood quickly and hustled over to him. “Ok, see the big picture here makes a sort of symbolic circle. The only difficulty was trying to figure out which symbol went where in the ring. I’m pretty sure I’ve deciphered the text correctly. Now all we need is for one of you to uh…try it out,” he said carefully not looking any of them in the eye. Ronon raised an eyebrow. “Pretty sure?” Rodney looked at him defensively. “Well, I’d like to see you give it a try!” John stopped the argument then and there.

“Shut up both of you! I’ll try it. Show me which order to press them in and then all of you step back.” Rodney gratefully showed him the sequence while Teyla and Ronon walked back to their position against the wall. Teyla looked up at Ronon. “He is very brave, is he not?” Ronon looked at her after a moment. “Yeah, let’s hope he doesn’t get an arrow through his face.”

They both returned their gaze towards the others. Rodney had finished telling John the sequence and stepped back to join Teyla and Ronon. John took a deep breath and looked back at them before he said, “Ok here goes. You’d better be right about this or I’m gonna be really pissed off!.” And he closed his eyes and stepped on the first tablet with full force.

A hidden door began to rise from the ground across the room. Rodney leapt in excitement. “It’s working!” he exclaimed. John opened his eyes and smiled proudly. “I always knew you could do it, Twitchy,” he said breathlessly as he finished the sequence without a hitch. They all happily made their way through the fully raised doorway with Ronon even slapping a congratulatory hand on Sheppards shoulder.

They entered the next room which was much darker than the last. Only four or five torches barely made the scope of the room visible. There was a long thin beam leading across the room and no other means of crossing, as it was surrounded on either side by endless black pits.

Rodney’s face went from prideful joy to utter horror. “There’s no way I am crossing that! I can barely walk in a straight line as it is!” he cried. They all looked at each other, worried, when they heard a deep creaking from behind the walls of the room. Suddenly, ten extremely large swinging axes came flying out of the wall and began criss-crossing over different parts of the beam, each at different intervals in the form of a deadly gauntlet.

Part 5 -
      Spoiler:
      “What did she mean by insurmountable odds?! Huh? Huh?” Rodney squeaked. John, Teyla, and Ronon all looked at each other. “Well, nothing like a good old fashioned adventure to add some character,“ John said. He looked at Ronon. “And obviously, some of us need it more than others.” Ronon flashed him a deadly look.

“Ok, well since we’re obviously going to be stuck together for awhile, I think it's only proper to come up with some names for each other. For you," he looked at Rodney. “I’m thinking we should stick with Twitchy or the Twitchmeister, if you prefer,” Rodney scoffed and rolled his eyes. John continued on to Ronon, “You? Hmmm…..how about... the Hulk?” Ronon looked at him blankly. “Ok. The Hulk it is. And you,” he said as he looked at Teyla. “What should we call you?” She smiled slyly. “Do you not already have a name picked out for me as well?” John looked at her dark brown eyes. “Sure, we’ll just call you Angel,” his cheeks reddening again. “Oh, please somebody shoot me,” Rodney said and continued.

“Anyways, and what are we calling you? Captain America? Captain Picard? Patton?” John smirked. “How about just Captain? That has a nice ring to it.” Ronon sighed heavily. “Can we just go now?” John nodded and led the way back into the dark hallway. They started down the first corridor they came to, guns at the ready, John and Ronon in the front, Rodney and Teyla in the rear.

The first room they came to was lit by many torches on either side. In the center on the floor were many tablets, each with a different marking on them. “What do you suppose these are for?” Teyla asked. Ronon walked over and placed his foot gently on the first one. A tiny arrow came shooting out from an unseen hole in the wall, grazing Ronons left cheek, leaving a streak of blood across his face.

He stepped back aghast. John grabbed his arm. “Are you ok?” he asked eyeballing the cut on his cheek. Ronon wiped the blood with his sleeve. “Yeah, what was that?” Rodney stepped forward, a horrified look on his face. “This is obviously one of the insurmountable odds I was worried about! Look, it’s defintely a puzzle. These tablets probably need to be pressed in a particular order. The Hulk here obviously never heard the proverb, look before you leap, and did not hit the correct one. Well at least we can rule that tablet out. Now who’s going to try for another? Hmm? Any volunteers?”

Part 4-

Spoiler:
      John reached the ground and used his gun’s flashlight to search the immediate area. He paced up and down the tunnel, finding nothing of interest but also nothing illustrating danger. “Have you been eaten yet?” he heard Rodney call down. John made a face and walked back towards the opening. “No, I haven’t been eaten yet. I think this is our best bet of finding a way out of here. These tunnels seem pretty long, I say we chance it.”

He heard muffled conversation overhead before he heard Ronon call down. “We’re sending the woman down first.” John put his gun by his side and held his arms up to ease her slight drop as Ronon lowered her into the tunnel. John reached for her waist and held her tight as her feet hit the ground. Their eyes met and locked, his hands still tight on her waist. “Um, I believe I am fine now,” Teyla spoke softly, still looking in his eyes. John let go of her quickly, realizing he was still holding on. His cheeks were red. “Oh, sorry,” he mumbled, looking away pretending to adjust his gun. “Ok, I’m sending the other woman down now,” he heard Ronon call. “Oh, very funny Conan,” he heard Rodney respond. “What did you call me?” “Nothing, nothing. I’m coming down. NOW please!”

John smiled at the franticness in his voice and reached up to give him a hand as well. When they were all in the tunnel, they began to venture towards a small light at the end of the tunnel to their rear. They found a small room with a large panel lodged in the wall. Rodney approached it, intrigued, and pressed a large red button in the very center. A ghostly looking hologram appeared in the form of an older woman with long silvery hair, wearing a white robe and smiling.

The four of them stood fixed, gazing at the vision. She began to speak. “Hello and welcome to The Trials. As of this moment, your quest will begin. You must navigate these tunnels facing insurmountable odds, relying only on each other and yourselves. You will find your way using the skills you each possess. The rewards will prove wondrous, while the dangers will prove fatal. You will find what you seek if you are true to yourself. Goodbye and good luck.” With that, she gave a half bow and the hologram disappeared. They stood there in silence. John spoke first. “What the----“

Part 3 -

Spoiler:
      “Oh c’mon now….pal. Everything’s gonna be fine. Our giant friend here is gonna be a good boy and play nice, isn’t that right big guy?” John nodded confidently at Ronon. Ronon looked ferociously at them for a few moments and then hesitantly put his gun in his holster, giving John a dirty look. “There, now. That wasn’t so bad was it?” Rodney relaxed and came out from behind Colonel Sheppards coverage.

John continued. “Ok, now first things first. We need to figure a way out of here and since I don’t see any doors or anything, I’m guessing that’s going to be a little difficult.” The others began to search the room for a discernible way out and found nothing. “I only think its fair you should all know I’m severely claustrophobic and I’m prone to have anxiety attacks when stuck in small spaces,” Rodney spoke wiping sweat from his brow. “Oh Lord,” he said, putting a hand to his chest. “I think I’m having one right now!” Teyla approached him and intuitively placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. “You will be fine. We are all here with you.” John and Ronon watched them from across the room and both noticed what a calming effect she seemed to have.

They continued their search for a way out. Ronon approached the pedestal covered in white powder in the center of the room. “What’s this?” he uttered deeply. Touching one of the strange markings on its rim, the pedestal moved suddenly, causing Ronon to step back quickly and draw his gun again. “Easy, easy big fella…Don’t go shooting anything just yet,” John spoke hastily. A large gaping hole in the ground displayed a tunnel that was only barely visible. All four of them peered into the hole together. “Well, I guess someone’s gotta go down there and see what’s what.” John muttered. Rodney guffawed. “What?! You can’t be serious! You don’t really expect me-“ John interrupted. “Oh, relax twitchy. I’ll go.”

He retrieved his gun from the corner and approached the hole. His eyes swiftly met Teyla's. Teyla looked at him in admiration of his bravery. Ronon held out his arm prepared to lower John into the abyss. John reluctantly took it and said, “Now if I get eaten down there-“ Ronon spoke. “We’ll be sure and cover up the hole.” John grimaced and began his descent.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        When's the next part,i laughed so hard when i wiz readin this i almost fell of ma chair!
        i'm glad youre liking it!!

Comment

And yet another great part,i so luk forward to reading this

I'm like totally hooked,just can't get enough of Sheyla!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
            Love the banner....I just love that moment in The Return 1....those looks, the smiles... ahhh memories
            Thanks. The Return had wonderful moments for the two

Wonderful story updates!

my ships

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
              Part 6-

Spoiler:
              Ronon, Teyla, and John all looked at each other, eyebrows raised. “No? No one? Hm. Why am I not surprised? Well, may I suggest we leave this room and try a different one before someone gets--Oh crap.” Rodney put his head down. “What is it?” Teyla asked. Rodney shook his head. “The door we came in, it’s gone,” he said agitated, pointing behind them. He buried his face in his hands. “I hate this place.”

The others turned around and saw the wall had somehow closed up behind them. John took a deep breath and looked at Teyla, trying to smile. “Ok, well I guess we have no choice then but to figure out this puzzle. I’m sure one of us here is intelligent enough.” He looked at the others.

Rodney lifted his head. “Yeah, well I certainly wouldn’t place that hope into any of you three.” Ronon started towards him, but Teyla placed a firm hand on his arm. Rodney flinched and continued. “I think it’s pretty obvious here people it’s going to have to be me! I don’t know what you three actually do for a living, but I don’t think MENSA is knocking down any of your doors.” Ronon and Teyla looked at him with blank expressions. John cleared his throat and said, “Well then brainiac, why don’t you just get to work then?”

Rodney turned and examined the tablets carefully, making sure not to touch any of them. The others came over and peered over his shoulder. Rodney murmured to himself for awhile and appeared to be making notations to himself, using his fingers to write in the air. An hour or so passed and while he continued this, the others had sat down together, backs against the wall, remaining far away from the tablets. “Are you ok?” John asked Teyla hesitantly. She smiled and nodded.” Yes, thank you." She paused for a moment. "Do you think Twitchy will able to solve the puzzle?” John smirked. “Well, he seems pretty confident, so yeah, I’m sure we’ll be fine.” Teyla looked down, her eyes thoughtful. John kept going, seeing her furrowed brow. “We’ll get our memories back soon. Don’t worry.” His voice was soft and caring. She looked up at his hazel eyes and felt a shiver as they seemed to burn right through her.

“I’ve got it!” Rodney yelled. They all stood quickly and hustled over to him. “Ok, see the big picture here makes a sort of symbolic circle. The only difficulty was trying to figure out which symbol went where in the ring. I’m pretty sure I’ve deciphered the text correctly. Now all we need is for one of you to uh…try it out,” he said carefully not looking any of them in the eye. Ronon raised an eyebrow. “Pretty sure?” Rodney looked at him defensively. “Well, I’d like to see you give it a try!” John stopped the argument then and there.

“Shut up both of you! I’ll try it. Show me which order to press them in and then all of you step back.” Rodney gratefully showed him the sequence while Teyla and Ronon walked back to their position against the wall. Teyla looked up at Ronon. “He is very brave, is he not?” Ronon looked at her after a moment. “Yeah, let’s hope he doesn’t get an arrow through his face.”

They both returned their gaze towards the others. Rodney had finished telling John the sequence and stepped back to join Teyla and Ronon. John took a deep breath and looked back at them before he said, “Ok here goes. You’d better be right about this or I’m gonna be really pissed off!.” And he closed his eyes and stepped on the first tablet with full force.

A hidden door began to rise from the ground across the room. Rodney leapt in excitement. “It’s working!” he exclaimed. John opened his eyes and smiled proudly. “I always knew you could do it, Twitchy,” he said breathlessly as he finished the sequence without a hitch. They all happily made their way through the fully raised doorway with Ronon even slapping a congratulatory hand on Sheppards shoulder.

They entered the next room which was much darker than the last. Only four or five torches barely made the scope of the room visible. There was a long thin beam leading across the room and no other means of crossing, as it was surrounded on either side by endless black pits.

Rodney’s face went from prideful joy to utter horror. “There’s no way I am crossing that! I can barely walk in a straight line as it is!” he cried. They all looked at each other, worried, when they heard a deep creaking from behind the walls of the room. Suddenly, ten extremely large swinging axes came flying out of the wall and began criss-crossing over different parts of the beam, each at different intervals in the form of a deadly gauntlet.

Part 5 -
              Spoiler:
              “What did she mean by insurmountable odds?! Huh? Huh?” Rodney squeaked. John, Teyla, and Ronon all looked at each other. “Well, nothing like a good old fashioned adventure to add some character,“ John said. He looked at Ronon. “And obviously, some of us need it more than others.” Ronon flashed him a deadly look.

“Ok, well since we’re obviously going to be stuck together for awhile, I think it's only proper to come up with some names for each other. For you," he looked at Rodney. “I’m thinking we should stick with Twitchy or the Twitchmeister, if you prefer,” Rodney scoffed and rolled his eyes. John continued on to Ronon, “You? Hmmm…..how about... the Hulk?” Ronon looked at him blankly. “Ok. The Hulk it is. And you,” he said as he looked at Teyla. “What should we call you?” She smiled slyly. “Do you not already have a name picked out for me as well?” John looked at her dark brown eyes. “Sure, we’ll just call you Angel,” his cheeks reddening again. “Oh, please somebody shoot me,” Rodney said and continued.

“Anyways, and what are we calling you? Captain America? Captain Picard? Patton?” John smirked. “How about just Captain? That has a nice ring to it.” Ronon sighed heavily. “Can we just go now?” John nodded and led the way back into the dark hallway. They started down the first corridor they came to, guns at the ready, John and Ronon in the front, Rodney and Teyla in the rear.

The first room they came to was lit by many torches on either side. In the center on the floor were many tablets, each with a different marking on them. “What do you suppose these are for?” Teyla asked. Ronon walked over and placed his foot gently on the first one. A tiny arrow came shooting out from an unseen hole in the wall, grazing Ronons left cheek, leaving a streak of blood across his face.

He stepped back aghast. John grabbed his arm. “Are you ok?” he asked eyeballing the cut on his cheek. Ronon wiped the blood with his sleeve. “Yeah, what was that?” Rodney stepped forward, a horrified look on his face. “This is obviously one of the insurmountable odds I was worried about! Look, it’s defintely a puzzle. These tablets probably need to be pressed in a particular order. The Hulk here obviously never heard the proverb, look before you leap, and did not hit the correct one. Well at least we can rule that tablet out. Now who’s going to try for another? Hmm? Any volunteers?”

Part 4-

Spoiler:
              John reached the ground and used his gun’s flashlight to search the immediate area. He paced up and down the tunnel, finding nothing of interest but also nothing illustrating danger. “Have you been eaten yet?” he heard Rodney call down. John made a face and walked back towards the opening. “No, I haven’t been eaten yet. I think this is our best bet of finding a way out of here. These tunnels seem pretty long, I say we chance it.”

He heard muffled conversation overhead before he heard Ronon call down. “We’re sending the woman down first.” John put his gun by his side and held his arms up to ease her slight drop as Ronon lowered her into the tunnel. John reached for her waist and held her tight as her feet hit the ground. Their eyes met and locked, his hands still tight on her waist. “Um, I believe I am fine now,” Teyla spoke softly, still looking in his eyes. John let go of her quickly, realizing he was still holding on. His cheeks were red. “Oh, sorry,” he mumbled, looking away pretending to adjust his gun. “Ok, I’m sending the other woman down now,” he heard Ronon call. “Oh, very funny Conan,” he heard Rodney respond. “What did you call me?” “Nothing, nothing. I’m coming down. NOW please!”

John smiled at the franticness in his voice and reached up to give him a hand as well. When they were all in the tunnel, they began to venture towards a small light at the end of the tunnel to their rear. They found a small room with a large panel lodged in the wall. Rodney approached it, intrigued, and pressed a large red button in the very center. A ghostly looking hologram appeared in the form of an older woman with long silvery hair, wearing a white robe and smiling.

The four of them stood fixed, gazing at the vision. She began to speak. “Hello and welcome to The Trials. As of this moment, your quest will begin. You must navigate these tunnels facing insurmountable odds, relying only on each other and yourselves. You will find your way using the skills you each possess. The rewards will prove wondrous, while the dangers will prove fatal. You will find what you seek if you are true to yourself. Goodbye and good luck.” With that, she gave a half bow and the hologram disappeared. They stood there in silence. John spoke first. “What the----“

Part 3 -

Spoiler:
              “Oh c’mon now….pal. Everything’s gonna be fine. Our giant friend here is gonna be a good boy and play nice, isn’t that right big guy?” John nodded confidently at Ronon. Ronon looked ferociously at them for a few moments and then hesitantly put his gun in his holster, giving John a dirty look. “There, now. That wasn’t so bad was it?” Rodney relaxed and came out from behind Colonel Sheppards coverage.

John continued. “Ok, now first things first. We need to figure a way out of here and since I don’t see any doors or anything, I’m guessing that’s going to be a little difficult.” The others began to search the room for a discernible way out and found nothing. “I only think its fair you should all know I’m severely claustrophobic and I’m prone to have anxiety attacks when stuck in small spaces,” Rodney spoke wiping sweat from his brow. “Oh Lord,” he said, putting a hand to his chest. “I think I’m having one right now!” Teyla approached him and intuitively placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. “You will be fine. We are all here with you.” John and Ronon watched them from across the room and both noticed what a calming effect she seemed to have.

They continued their search for a way out. Ronon approached the pedestal covered in white powder in the center of the room. “What’s this?” he uttered deeply. Touching one of the strange markings on its rim, the pedestal moved suddenly, causing Ronon to step back quickly and draw his gun again. “Easy, easy big fella…Don’t go shooting anything just yet,” John spoke hastily. A large gaping hole in the ground displayed a tunnel that was only barely visible. All four of them peered into the hole together. “Well, I guess someone’s gotta go down there and see what’s what.” John muttered. Rodney guffawed. “What?! You can’t be serious! You don’t really expect me-“ John interrupted. “Oh, relax twitchy. I’ll go.”

He retrieved his gun from the corner and approached the hole. His eyes swiftly met Teyla's. Teyla looked at him in admiration of his bravery. Ronon held out his arm prepared to lower John into the abyss. John reluctantly took it and said, “Now if I get eaten down there-“ Ronon spoke. “We’ll be sure and cover up the hole.” John grimaced and began his descent.
              Love it love it love it!
              sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Oh it's been ages since i've seen the return!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                  Love it love it love it!
                  thx!!!

hey i gotta question - i made a new chapter on ff.net but yet it wont update - does it take time sometimes to update

Comment

thx!!!

hey i gotta question - i made a new chapter on ff.net but yet it wont update - does it take time sometimes to update

Yes, I believe so .

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      Yes, I believe so .
                      ok cool thx

Comment

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
                        Hi
                        I've finally deciced to come out of lurking and register.
                        I'm kinda a new stargate fan, about a month now, but I've always been a sheyla fan!

Welcome Girlinabox!! Glad you decided to delurk!!

Nice banner!
                        Thanks!
                        Where's Camy when you need her. Just kidding Camy, I know you're busy. Anyway. Some of us on the thread are working on a care-package for newbies. It might be in bits and pieces for now. We're in the beginning stages of it. But here's a start.

Beautiful welcome wallie Scifan.

Ruby- You are right. Rodney should be on Keyboards and Zelenka can be the
                        sound check guy!!

Mrs.B - What?!! You went and posted another part while I gone!! Now, I have to catch up!!!

Here is a fic rec.

Little Man Sheppard by Stealth Dragon
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3642119/1/

It's not really Sheyla. But, more John centric. It very good.
                        It's does a good job on the teams friendships.
                        1-800-Iluv-JandT
                        sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Hi guys!!! Sorry I've been missing in action so much lately! Just wanted to pop in and say thank you all so much for all your wonderful art and fics!!! I'm behind at the moment, but am reading them as I'm able to! Thank you all so much for sharing your time and talent!!!

Also, big WELCOME to Girlinabox!!!!!!
                          Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Part 6-

Spoiler:

Part 5 -
                            Spoiler:

Part 4-

Spoiler:

Part 3 -

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            ! You are trying kill me!! THIS IS CLASSIC!!
                            I could not stop laughing! TWITCHY! This reminds of theJ/R banter
                            in the Brotherhood when they're trying to figure out the numbers
                            it should be when John says he took MENSA test!
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                              Beautiful wallie Donna!!
                              Thank you Elflinn
                              Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

I agree with Elflinn. Great job. I love the colors, everything.
                                Thanks Lea and are you coming online at all as im on now
                                Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X