John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoveConquers
    Just read your story and absolutely loved it! I love your character voice for John. Very well done! You are truly talented!
    I have to ask, are you normally a S/W writer? The only reason I ask is because I haven't seen your work before, and I noticed that once you had John realize he liked both women, he always thought of Elizabeth first and then Teyla second. It's subtle, but my first thought was that Elizabeth was the one you were more comfortable writing him with normally.
    But anyway, that was just a side question. This is a beautiful piece of work, and I'm excited to hear you've got a very long J/T story coming up! Please let us know when and where you post it! I cannot wait to read it!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us!!
    Steph
    Wow. Thanks for the lovely words, and about putting Elizabeth first and Teyla second? I think that's just more relevent to the fact that Elizabeth is my favorite character, and Teyla is my second favorite. I don't think it's necessarily about the ship, although right now I am admittedly righting more S/W simply because the current LOOOONNNNG fic I'm publishing (Salvation) is S/W. That's honestly more about Teyla/Elizabeth friendship than anything, though.
    My Livejournal, feel free to friend me.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
      *snuggles you*

yay you made it to GW. And everyone, her fics are great! She has me converted to a multishipper!
      heh. Thanks! So glad to see some of my flist on here! Where's SnoggingPicard? I expect her to be here too!
      My Livejournal, feel free to friend me.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
        Welcome migooloo....

I couldn't see that vid...for some reason it keeps giving me a message that it's corrupted...*sighs*
        Hiya Camy...

I'm sorry that you're unable to gain access to the video;
        rest assure, thankfully,that it's a minor gliche because it's happened to me as well. That corrupt message popping up is not a permanent thing...it comes and goes away, and when it's gone the video pops up without a problem.

Hopefully, you'll try to access again without meeting any problems.
        I'd really like for you to see it. I'm sure you probably have already...but I for one would like to give praise where it's due by acknowledging the fantastic John/Teyla fanfic work out there converting people left and right.

Until next time guys...

Comment

Ironic,

SP is usually here, but has been MIA for a while. Busy, I think.

Camy! Cool wps! I'm sure the newbies will like them.

Hey, with all these mentions of JT fic, how about recommending your favorites so we all can go read them?

Doxymom

Comment

SP has not posted in a very long time...too many things for her right now...but I'm sure once the season gets going she will come and peek in and write with her words of wisdom as she always does....

I think it's wonderful that many can ship one character with many others...I think Teyla has the potential to be paired up with numerous characters in Atlantis, but right now, I only see a romantic vibe and an attraction between Teyla and Sheppard...others have little glimpses...but nothing, again, in my opinion, like John and Teyla...
            sigpic

Comment

SP has not posted in a very long time...too many things for her right now...but I'm sure once the season gets going she will come and peek in and write with her words of wisdom as she always does....

I think it's wonderful that many can ship one character with many others...I think Teyla has the potential to be paired up with numerous characters in Atlantis, but right now, I only see a romantic vibe and an attraction between Teyla and Sheppard...others have little glimpses...but nothing, again, in my opinion, like John and Teyla...

I'm not usually the shipper type at all and rarely see a romantic connection between any of the characters. Teyla and John are the exception and it took a fair bit of build up to convince me. But now I think the two are just made for each other. They compliment each other in so many ways and it is the only pairing where I see a romantic connection. I couldn't see John with anyone else at this stage and the same goes for Teyla.

Though I am beginning to see a bit of a romantic vibe between Elizabeth and Rodney. Will have to see how season three goes to see if I am finally convinced.
              sigpic

Comment

AH, blue...I love to read little confessions...LOL ....like this...
                I was hooked from the first time I saw them....and I've been ever since...

I was actually reluctant to see it cause I thought John was trying to much to be like my IDOL...RDA..

but slowly..he hasn't replaced him but I do think John has a special place in my...um...moving on...

do you know that I was so anxious this Sat.night...that hubby thought I'd lost it when I made a reference to RDA coming back ...he was like who's RDA...? (not into computer stuff like I am AT ALL) and I started laughing...WHO'S RDA...WHO'S RDA...well....he's coming to SGA from SG-1 and he's gonna put some burden on J/T's love!.....LOL

he never got it!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ironic
                  Usually just on livejournal, like LostCityFound or other communities like that. I haven't posted any specific S/T fic yet though, unless you count Rumors and Speculations, which is my attempt to explain through fic why I like both S/T and S/W.
                  My goodness... I didn't think it was possible for both to coexist.. but the explanation was perfect... my goodness...
                  Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
                    Ironic,

SP is usually here, but has been MIA for a while. Busy, I think.

Camy! Cool wps! I'm sure the newbies will like them.

Hey, with all these mentions of JT fic, how about recommending your favorites so we all can go read them?

Doxymom
                    My advice... go to convergence and pic the story of the moment...
                    http://fanfiction.john-teyla-converg...tion/index.php

repeat this over and over again by reloading the home page... you'll find so many jewels that way... of varying genres and what not.

I'm currently readinbg Crystal Room... lots of work there....
                    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

DM..there are too great stories out there by some fantastic authors for me to just pick one...it's not right...I can't choose..they all have their own special catch that attracts me to them...the one that I love right now..and can read over and over again is the one from Expandable Crewman....I hope this writer continous to write more....but again...I just love them all! anything J/T is for me..awesome..as long as is thought provoking and has depth and meaning..it's all good to me...even when the writing doesn't perfectly reflect what I think is the character, if it's written well and fits the plot of the story, is all good to me!
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow. Thanks for the lovely words, and about putting Elizabeth first and Teyla second? I think that's just more relevent to the fact that Elizabeth is my favorite character, and Teyla is my second favorite. I don't think it's necessarily about the ship, although right now I am admittedly righting more S/W simply because the current LOOOONNNNG fic I'm publishing (Salvation) is S/W. That's honestly more about Teyla/Elizabeth friendship than anything, though.

oh your writing salvation!!!!! THAT IS AN AWESOME FIC!!! i mean i am not a S/W fan, but i love the fic anyway!!! I am waiting for another update...hehe...
                        -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

Thanks for asking my curiosity question. Can't WAIT to read more of your work!! Thank you again!!

Steph
                          Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers
                            This has got to be one of my favorite J/T stories yet. Just beautiful! Do you have any more stories posted anywhere? I would love to read them! I couldn't take my eyes away from this one. Wonderful job!

Thank you!!!
                            Steph
                            Camy dropped an email, saying I should pop in again. I'm really glad she did. I appreciate the feedback and it's good to read the posts of people who feel about the characters as I do. Camy, AthosianGirl, SpiritedChihiro, LoveConquers, thanks for your comments. Camy, I wrote it in about a week. I had a major, major J/T eruption in the psyche and I had to put down in a file what could make Teyla and John quit dancing around the bush and go for it. They're off on a date now, making good use of their much earned vacation. Life's short, you see. Already I'm thinking up new stuff, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman
                              Camy dropped an email, saying I should pop in again. I'm really glad she did. I appreciate the feedback and it's good to read the posts of people who feel about the characters as I do. Camy, AthosianGirl, SpiritedChihiro, LoveConquers, thanks for your comments. Camy, I wrote it in about a week. I had a major, major J/T eruption in the psyche and I had to put down in a file what could make Teyla and John quit dancing around the bush and go for it. They're off on a date now, making good use of their much earned vacation. Life's short, you see. Already I'm thinking up new stuff, lol.
                              It was fantastic - probably the best John/Teyla I have read. I really hope you give us some more like this and maybe move their relationship on a little
                              sigpic

Comment

I agree Camy, I think Teyla has a really interesting vibe with quite a lot of the male characters, hence my tongue-in-cheek signature...

Multi-shipping is so much fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X