John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
    Thanks for the warm welcomes, SnoggingPicard [love the name] and Camy [yep, 'twas she that invited me].

Oh, Camy, you just love to make me think, don't you? And on a Friday...

Ronon/Teyla: I do see a spark there. I can see them having a torrid affair [although, note to show: please, NO. I doubt they would handle that correctly.] As for the everyday life of a relationship, I can't see that with Ronon and Teyla. They are too much alike, I think. Too much... energy? Too much strong, silent warrior? I'm not sure. I just can't see them relaxing enough to have a relationship. Hot, torrid sex or fierce, loyal friendship, but not an everyday "couple" relationship. I'm not sure if that makes sense. There's no yin to her yang [or whatever those words are]. It's like two yins. Or two yangs. Or whatever.

See? I should have left well enough alone. Now I'm sure you all think I'm quite deranged.

Well, I can't speak for my fellow Shep/Teyla fans in here..but I sure as heck know that I am way beyond deranged.....Again, you wrote what I would never dare write...don't ask why...but I have had my bad moments here...so...moving on....I just think so much like you....it is scaring me! Yes..I can definetly see that Ronon would love to have "hot torrid sex with Teyla"...yes....but like you said...I don't think these writers know how to do these scenes..maybe if they borrow some of the writers for BSG!
    Anyhow, I agree....strong friendship....certainly....Some of the fanfics that I have read have done explained this relationship so beautifully in their writing...since it is so difficult to explain in words...
    but, never a couple! It just doesn't click! Trust me, from my point of view...you are making sense....In other words...it wouldn't be interesting besides the actual sex scenes....I can see them almost hurting each other...Oh, my here we go...let's change the topic...
    Love it..."there is no ying to her yang"....LOL! I needed that!

Now there is a scene in the Lost Boys previews that show Ronon holding Teyla...it looks really intriguing, but even that scene didn't strike me as shippy..but I have to see the episode...I would just cry like a baby if they ever did put these two together..but in reality..I am thinking that they will put them together...briefly and then Shep will see what he is truly feeling...sort of like the Sam with (what was the guy that she almost married?)and that this is what it took for her to realize just how much she loved Jack and vice versa....

You have to keep coming here....love your posting and your thinking...I know people here will just love ya.....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
      You have to keep coming here....love your posting and your thinking...I know people here will just love ya.....
      Oh, sure, it's all puppy dogs and kittens until I say that I 'ship Sam and Mitchell, then it's "bring out the hangin' noose"!

LOL.

Okay, not really, but they are just soooo pretty together. The boy/girl next door types.

Thanks, again, Camy! I can't speak for anyone else, but you have nothing to fear from me if I disagree with anything you say. If everybody thought the same way, then we wouldn't need all these other people around, would we?

I'm not sure what that meant...

Comment

[QUOTE]
        Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
        Oh, sure, it's all puppy dogs and kittens until I say that I 'ship Sam and Mitchell, then it's "bring out the hangin' noose"!

LOL! Hey, if Jack left, the woman has her needs...bring it on!
        Too bad for Jack! He made his choice!

But let's talk about this in another thread.......

keep it coming!
        sigpic

Comment

Now there is a scene in the Lost Boys previews that show Ronon holding Teyla...it looks really intriguing, but even that scene didn't strike me as shippy..but I have to see the episode...I would just cry like a baby if they ever did put these two together..but in reality..I am thinking that they will put them together...briefly and then Shep will see what he is truly feeling...sort of like the Sam with (what was the guy that she almost married?)and that this is what it took for her to realize just how much she loved Jack and vice versa....
          I like the sound of that!!

Or maybe like Teyla and Ronnon get together for a little bit but he get like possesive of her, and maybe people from his planet see women as inferior to men or something, and like she gets sick of it and realizes "Maybe I really do love John", and yeah....... but then that might be a little too soapish.... but it would make an entertaining fic
          Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Camy

OMG! This is EXACTLY what I was thinking! My sister and I think that if Teyla/Ronon ever did happen it would never be a long-lasting solid relationship. I could see it being a passionate, short-term thing, and I think that this definitely could put a strain on the Shep/Ronon relationship. I think I first saw this in "Duet" when Ronon throws Teyla to the mat in an illegal, cheating move and Shep immediately rushes to defend her. This scene was very short but it showed something important. It showed a fundamentally different personality trait in each of them and how they relate to and treat Teyla. I could see Shep becoming jealous or protective of Teyla if she and Ronon ever got involved -- maybe even finally getting together after the inevitable break up!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Okay, just got off of watching "Aurora" and "Lost Boys". Loved the scene in "Aurora" where Teyla was using reverse psychology on Rodney. The little look between her and Shep -- squee! But, OMG, "Lost Boys" --
              Spoiler:
              when he woke up in the Wraith cell with his head in Teyla's lap! She was practically stroking his hair!
              . Great, great, great evening of Atlantis -- and Shep/Teyla had some great interaction. I was not disappointed!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

I agree with Picard, those were nice Shep/Teyla episodes.
                This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                  Okay, just got off of watching "Aurora" and "Lost Boys". Loved the scene in "Aurora" where Teyla was using reverse psychology on Rodney. The little look between her and Shep -- squee! But, OMG, "Lost Boys" --
                  Spoiler:
                  when he woke up in the Wraith cell with his head in Teyla's lap! She was practically stroking his hair!
                  . Great, great, great evening of Atlantis -- and Shep/Teyla had some great interaction. I was not disappointed!
                  (nervous)---Hey!.....first time extended posting....
                  hmmm...missed the stroking...will have to watch for it next time....but that was so sweet....i had myself a nice *giggle* there.... ......even in 'Aurora'...
                  Spoiler:
                  Teyla moved in next to John when Mckay moved away....
                  ....was that a spoiler?...kind of new to this..... Anyway...great spot for a missing scene ficcy...oh and they had a few looks in 'Aurora' too....can't exactly remember where but it was interesting....

Oh! word on the whole Teyla/Ronon thing..IMO...i have to agree at the moment with those who think it's a more brother/sister-friend thing...cause i mean in 'Lost Boys'
                  Spoiler:
                  when he takes her food and she gets up and tell him give it back...so childish...very much a brother/sister kind of thing....
                  ...can't see any romantic sparks there...they're a little to...ummmm.....relaxed i think around each other....even in 'Aurora'
                  Spoiler:
                  where she's counting the pods...and he talks to her...and starts saying numbers
                  ...it's like a little brother annoying an older sister.....

Ok that was just my nervous rambling....i think......well that's all....

**slinks back in her corner**

R.I.P Wraithlord
                  Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                    (nervous)---Hey!.....first time extended posting....
                    hmmm...missed the stroking...will have to watch for it next time....but that was so sweet....i had myself a nice *giggle* there.... ......even in 'Aurora'...
                    Spoiler:
                    Teyla moved in next to John when Mckay moved away....
                    ....was that a spoiler?...kind of new to this..... Anyway...great spot for a missing scene ficcy...oh and they had a few looks in 'Aurora' too....can't exactly remember where but it was interesting....

Oh! word on the whole Teyla/Ronon thing..IMO...i have to agree at the moment with those who think it's a more brother/sister-friend thing...cause i mean in 'Lost Boys'
                    Spoiler:
                    when he takes her food and she gets up and tell him give it back...so childish...very much a brother/sister kind of thing....
                    ...can't see any romantic sparks there...they're a little to...ummmm.....relaxed i think around each other....even in 'Aurora'
                    Spoiler:
                    where she's counting the pods...and he talks to her...and starts saying numbers
                    ...it's like a little brother annoying an older sister.....

Ok that was just my nervous rambling....i think......well that's all....

**slinks back in her corner**
                    Yeah!! I agree with the thing about the pods!! I haven't seen lost boys yet, but it does sound more brotherly sisterly than romantic, because if he had romantic feelings for her, why would he take her food?
                    Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Squee!
                      Spoiler:
                      When she was holding him in her lap was the best! Any doubt in anyones mind that Conversion distanced them or made them uncomfortable around eachother has to be dashed after that. They could have easily just put a jacket under his head if they were worried about him being uncomfortable, the fact that she was holding him up against herself, head in lap definetly shows a deeper feeling than just working companionship!
                      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                        Squee!
                        Spoiler:
                        When she was holding him in her lap was the best! Any doubt in anyones mind that Conversion distanced them or made them uncomfortable around eachother has to be dashed after that. They could have easily just put a jacket under his head if they were worried about him being uncomfortable, the fact that she was holding him up against herself, head in lap definetly shows a deeper feeling than just working companionship!
                        Yeah, that was a major squee moment for me. I would have liked to see a bit more conversation
                        Spoiler:
                        between Shep and Teyla/Ronon about how the drug was making them feel. I think that he would have been a lot more concerned about their well-being, especially since they were literally tying them down to administer the drug and it was his idea to just "go along" with the plan. Still, some good stuff, including the cute little look in "Aurora" after she uses reverse psychology on Rodney
                        . I don't know how I feel about the whole Ronon/Teyla thing -- they certainly have chemistry, but I'm not sure what sort of feeling we should be getting about their relationship.

Comment

Where IS everybody? ::sniff::

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                            Where IS everybody? ::sniff::
                            I'm writing an SG-1 fic, and I just got done a couple nights ago with an Atlantis one...
                            This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

I'm here!
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
                                I'm writing an SG-1 fic, and I just got done a couple nights ago with an Atlantis one...
                                And you're going to share this with us, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X