John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
    Heya Cazz! How are you? Hows your gram doing?

Jeyla! What up dogg?
    Nice to see you MrsB... hope you drop by more often....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
      Heya Cazz! How are you? Hows your gram doing?
      My Nan is doing ok, she's back home and health wise is fine, but her memory is non-existent so we keep having to check she's eating and stuff She has a home carer come by three times a day to help with meals, but she always tells them she's fine (when she's not) so they don't really check

Jo Graham has opened up the floor for questions on 'The Lost', second book of the Legacy series: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/45029.html
      Here is what we know about The Lost so far:
      Spoiler:
      Book two is The Lost, by Jo Graham and Amy Griswold. It covers three weeks after Homecoming.
      A reader asks,"How's the second Legacy book, The Lost, coming? And what does the title mean?"

It's coming very well. Amy and I have finished the first draft, and we're going back and adding some things, smoothing some things out, matching some scenes together better. But we'll be done in a few weeks.
      I can't tell you who the title refers to without spoiling Homecoming! However by the end of Homecoming it will be obvious!

But, like the episode title "Outcast", it fits more than one person in more than one sense.

The Lost turned out a much darker book in some ways than I expected. There's a tension, a shadow over things, that wasn't entirely what I'd imagined. Yet it works. I have several favorite scenes so far, but I think my absolute favorite is one Amy wrote, with Ronon and Jennifer. The fifth season episode "The Shrine" left them with some issues to resolve that never got out in the open on the show, and I think Amy does a super job of having that finally erupt.

I think my favorite section of mine is one that harkens back to the third season episode "Phantoms", with John's experiences in Afghanistan. All that got dug up again in the late fifth season "Remnants", but nothing was resolved. And so here it is. John can't dodge it forever. It was very challenging writing, particularly keeping it at a PG rating for violence and upsetting. Those of you who read my other novels know that while I don't usually write graphic violence I do break a PG prime-time family show rating for mature and upsetting, so it was a real challenge to try to deal with things which just are mature and upsetting by implication only! And John's brain? Contains a lot of mature and upsetting.
      There is a lot to explore about the ATA gene and how it works -- and in The Lost it's going to get John into a very tight situation!

Yes, actually there is a major plot thread about Sheppard and the ATA gene -- and a good deal of exploration of what it's like to use it, including some things he hasn't tried yet. I don't want to be too spoilery, but it's a fairly major piece.
      Teyla's Gift is a huge plot piece starting in the second book, and driving the main plot of book four. We'll revisit a bunch of things brought up originally in The Gift and in The Queen, as well as return to a bunch of very important stuff from Submersion. Teyla's encounter with the queen in Submersion will take on a different resonance once we know a little more about her and about her legacy. She also figures in one of Teyla's stories in Death Game, though second season Teyla didn't yet know enough to connect the dots.
      If I were picking one main character for each cover, I'd say The Lost is John's book, Allegiance is Ronon's, Avengers is Teyla's, and Secrets is Rodney's. But all of them are in all of them and the plot threads are entwined so that it all comes together. I'd say it's pretty balanced.
      I love Elizabeth, but unfortunately she's not back. She does appear in a flashback in The Lost, though. I'd love to write her in the future, if we could.
      A reader asks, "You said Sam Carter was in Homecoming. Is she a major character in Homecoming or the Legacy series?"

Yes, Sam is in Homecoming, but she doesn't have but a couple of scenes. In The Lost, however, she's a major character, especially in the second half of the book. At this point she's the captain of the Hammond, and so there are lots of ways for her to be involved in the action.
      A reader asks, "Can you give us a cast list for The Lost, the second Legacy book? Tell us who's in it?"

Sure. The Lost is less a cast of thousands book than Homecoming, which basically had everybody, because it breaks out more into concentrating on the team and their adventures. There are some new faces as well, but I won't list them here. In The Lost we have more or less in order of appearance, Rodney, John, Teyla, Ronon, Radek, Woolsey, Jennifer, Lorne, Carson, Ladon Radim, Dahlia Radim, Todd, Amelia Banks, Torren, Miko Kusanagi, Marie Wu, and Sam Carter. There are also two people now dead who appear briefly in flashback, Elizabeth and Captain Holland.
      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Re: name for the thread... Simply, The Sweat Shop? Where they get all sweaty with one another. My lectures today were so bad that I was thinking about this Shame I no longer have a BlackBerry or you'd all have got my random thoughts at the time
        don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
          Re: name for the thread... Simply, The Sweat Shop? Where they get all sweaty with one another. My lectures today were so bad that I was thinking about this Shame I no longer have a BlackBerry or you'd all have got my random thoughts at the time
          What's happened to your Blackberry??

Comment

Thanks Blue! Good to c u 2! I'm usually lurking but I'll try to speak up more!

Cazz - Thats good news/bad news. I guess the main thing is at least she's home which must make her so happy.

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
              What's happened to your Blackberry??
              I killed it.

It was a justifiable homicide, however.

Comment

Haha! Love it!
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  Haha! Love it!
                  It's quite an interesting idea, is it not? Lol.

Comment

I killed it.

It was a justifiable homicide, however.
                    Did it not stop beeping?

Comment

I wonder if some sig makers are around... it seems as of late I get sigs made by the following users, though I always invite everyone to try their hand at it.

Mynthria
                      Scifan
                      Val
                      SQ
                      Susie
                      Camy (long time back)
                      Yoshdelh (off site)
                      Shifu Jarod (off site; fairly recently in reguards to my recent given rank of Shifu to two troublesome students here at Mt Wu Dang)
                      Rensik (off site)

I guess this means that if everyone wants to make a sig when I send up a request for a sig, everyone is welcome to give their hand to it. However I recommend seeing a particulqar movie for my next sig request.....

Namely, I am in need of a signature picture that has two pictures, both pictures the sig makers have full permission of me to use as they see fit. Sig size requirement is 500x175 (wide x tall), words are optional. pictures will be provided.

Currently seeking a sig of my kitty Princess Awinita, I have two pictures I'd like used. Only now I'm trying to find my other human likeness picture of her, i have her the day I got her (in my gateworld album), but I need to find my other picture of what I see her as a human being appearance.

Basically, i'll be frank, it is her eyes......

and NO it is not the Chshire Cat I'm talking about either!!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Ep 8 of the VS6 is now up on Ff.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5804336/1/Illeura

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                          Did it not stop beeping?
                          It kept turning off and then restarting after half an hour to tell me there was an unexpected java error and had to restart... Again, and again, and again. Took it to T-Mobile. They were no help; phoned BlackBerry, they were no help. So I sent it to mobile heaven and am using Paul's old phone the now until my contract is due up. Baahhhhh.

*thomson holidays, built with you in miiiiind*

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            I wonder if some sig makers are around... it seems as of late I get sigs made by the following users, though I always invite everyone to try their hand at it.

Mynthria
                            Scifan
                            Val
                            SQ
                            Susie
                            Camy (long time back)
                            Yoshdelh (off site)
                            Shifu Jarod (off site; fairly recently in reguards to my recent given rank of Shifu to two troublesome students here at Mt Wu Dang)
                            Rensik (off site)

I guess this means that if everyone wants to make a sig when I send up a request for a sig, everyone is welcome to give their hand to it. However I recommend seeing a particulqar movie for my next sig request.....

Namely, I am in need of a signature picture that has two pictures, both pictures the sig makers have full permission of me to use as they see fit. Sig size requirement is 500x175 (wide x tall), words are optional. pictures will be provided.

Currently seeking a sig of my kitty Princess Awinita, I have two pictures I'd like used. Only now I'm trying to find my other human likeness picture of her, i have her the day I got her (in my gateworld album), but I need to find my other picture of what I see her as a human being appearance.

Basically, i'll be frank, it is her eyes......

and NO it is not the Chshire Cat I'm talking about either!!
                            Where are the caps?
                            sigpic

Comment

Voting for Challenge 77: The Seer closes at midnight tomorrow (11th) (GMT)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                                Where are the caps?
                                I will provide shortly, it might take a while however due to me being on a publicly owned machine and not yet my own personal machine before I can save any sigs made. I already have two friends from DA making me some soul calibur 4 sigs due to sheer boredom and need to do something on their part.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X