John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
    Darn..I can't get any sound on my DVD... I can hear all the background music but no voices.... WT....
    That is wierd Does the voice sound come through a different speaker thats not working?

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Shep’s going back for Teyla (and Ford )

Comment

Back home safe and sound (despite that fact they it’s home for neither Shep or Teyla… yet )

Comment

Did you see the swift little look as Shep walks past Teyla?

Comment

Head bump SQUEE!

Comment

Lots and lots of trouble

Comment

Hide and Seek next week!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                  Did you see the swift little look as Shep walks past Teyla?

He's always done that!!! LOVE IT!
                  sigpic

Comment

*deep breath* I guess LJ is very finicky when it comes to Photobucket.

So......I've posted the direct links to the banners if for some reason some of you can't see the actual banner in the posting.

If that still doesn't work please PM me or email me.

In the meantime....
                    I HATE Livejournal, btw!

VOTING FOR THE BEYA CONTEST HAS BEGUN!

Here's the link with rules and guidelines.

Let the voting begin!

Thank you CAZZIE and Luciana for all their help!!! *hugs*

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/162846.html
                    sigpic

Comment

Ah Grodin, with his dodgy English accent

LOL. He's as English as I am
                      *stares in awe* Atlantis is Rising! (Hmm, I wonder where they got the title for the ep? )

That is possibly my favourite scene (for visuals) of the whole show.

The arugment between Sheppard and Weir... Ohh yah, he sooo has the hots for her *rolls eyes*

I wonder whatever happened to Sheppard's super intelligence?
                      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Well that was a bust... can't get the voices to work but yet background music and special effects are ok... the voices are fine in the commentaries as well so I watched those..

Its the same for all the DVDs'. .havn't a clue how to fix it..

Has anyone submitted any questions on Rising Caz..
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                          LOL. He's as English as I am
                          Ain't that the truth

[QUOTE=gater101;10455314]
                          That is possibly my favourite scene (for visuals) of the whole show.
                          [spoiler]

Yeah, I find that much more stunning than any battle.

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                          I wonder whatever happened to Sheppard's super intelligence?
                          They moved passed that

Well that was a bust... can't get the voices to work but yet background music and special effects are ok... the voices are fine in the commentaries as well so I watched those..

Its the same for all the DVDs'. .havn't a clue how to fix it..
                          Is it your laptop of a DVD player playing through the tv? If the later then check your cables, if its the one with the 3 colours make sure they're all in securely

Has anyone submitted any questions on Rising Caz..
                          Got a few but feel free to send me some more if you've got some

I'll put them up once I've had some tea

Comment

Questions

Rising; Part 1:

1. First impressions of Shep?

2. First impressions of Teyla?

3. First impressions of other characters?

4. Why do Shep and Teyla trust each other so quickly and easily?

5. Why does Shep put the necklace on Teyla instead of just handing it to her?

Part2:
                            1. First impressions of the Wraith?

2. What does the queen mean by ‘How did this come to you?’ Does she think they just found it? Does she assume they can work it? Does she think they’re ancients?

3. Are they the caretakers for just that hive? Or for all hives?

4. Did Sheppard make the right choice in killing Sumner? What do you think Teyla would say to him about it, if it happened now?

5. The head bump, what does it symbolise for you? Trust? Friendship? Something more?

6. Are the Wraith a worthy adversary

For both:
                            1. What 'myth' do you think they follow in Atlantis? Is it set up in Rising?

2. What is the underlying meaning? With SG1, it was about being human. What is the message in Atlantis? Stick together?

Comment

So, are we moving on to the questions?

I have one.

Why do you think they hinted at Sheppard/Teyla (so heavily) in this first episode? Did it remind anyone of the Carter/O'Neill confrontation scene in CotG? I always thought so, in a sense. You know, they kind of throw the two characters together and see what happens... Make it obvious that there is something there...

Comment

Rising; Part 1:

1. First impressions of Shep?
                                To me, he seems really "boyish". There's almost a naivety to him that is almost adorable. He's clever, enthusiastic and obviously has great potential to be a leader.
                                2. First impressions of Teyla?
                                I must confess, when I first watched Rising, I didn't have a 'thing' for Teyla. I had a thing for Sheppard/Teyla but not necesarily for Teyla herelf. Sure, she's strong willed and stuff but... I love her now though, so don't stone me!
                                3. First impressions of other characters?
                                Other characters? LOL. McKay got such a drastic character make over it's not even funny. Ford was blah to me. Ronon was even more like wallpaper in this episode... didn't see him once! Though I'm sure I heard the echo of a grunt in there somehwere...
                                4. Why do Shep and Teyla trust each other so quickly and easily?
                                For Sheppard, I think he sees himself as the outsider to the Atlantis expedition. The expedition had been working together for months before he joined, so he feels isolated. He knows that Teyla will feel the same way, having to accept these people like he is. It makes sense that they trust one another because they both aren't sure who else they can trust within the expedition.
                                5. Why does Shep put the necklace on Teyla instead of just handing it to her?
                                Cause he was hot for her. Duh

Part2:
                                1. First impressions of the Wraith?
                                Scaaarrrreeeee!
                                2. What does the queen mean by ‘How did this come to you?’ Does she think they just found it? Does she assume they can work it? Does she think they’re ancients?
                                The Wraith have kept an eye on what's been happening in PG, so they know that no one is technical enough to have stuff like that. She assumes they haven't created it, so it must be a hand me down from the Ancients. Perhaps she was panicking in case the Ancients were using humans to defeat the Wraith?
                                3. Are they the caretakers for just that hive? Or for all hives?
                                I assumed for all hives...
                                4. Did Sheppard make the right choice in killing Sumner? What do you think Teyla would say to him about it, if it happened now?
                                I think he madethe right choice. It was difficult, but right. I think Teyla would understad.. having lived in fear of the Wraith... But then, I did write a fic where she had did the same thing so... of course I think that lol.
                                5. The head bump, what does it symbolise for you? Trust? Friendship? Something more?
                                All of the above. She doesn't do it with anyone else. As Carson says "WHy can't I have friends like that?"
                                6. Are the Wraith a worthy adversary
                                In Rising? Yes. For the rest of the show? No comment.

For both:
                                1. What 'myth' do you think they follow in Atlantis? Is it set up in Rising?
                                I don't think there is a myth and if there is, I totally missed it.
                                2. What is the underlying meaning? With SG1, it was about being human. What is the message in Atlantis? Stick together?
                                No... idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X