Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
    So true you're so right.

I'm sorry if I disagree LOL but Teyla had no reason to feel ashamed. Nothing really happened between JT and I understand that perhaps she needed comfort. I think too that it was really personal. Did John said he had a family ? Never, nobody made him a great scandal in front of everyone.
    I really think the baby wasn't a problem she had other things in mind, her people was missing and she was left with something that she didn't wanted, cared or even imaginaed. He didn't existed yet, her people were real.
    Besides knowing Atlantis people she knew she would be the only one searching her people and that probably John would pull her out.
    I agree, she shouldn't feel ashamed.

Should she have told John? Yes she should have. But at the same time I understand why she didn't. By the time she found out she was pregnant her people were missing, including the father of the unborn child. She didn't want to stay on Atlantis while her people were missing, she wouls have wanted to be out there searching for them and she had every right to. They are her people, she is their leader.

Would the Atlantis expedition have turned over every rock looking for her people? Yes, possibly, but for how long. She couldn't take that risk. Sure John would have probably insisted on it but he wasn't the leader, he has to follow orders like everyone else. And where would that have left Teyla and her people.

Even if they knew about the pregnancy they couldn't have stopped her anyway, like she implied to Carter in The kindred, she didn't need their permission to go off world. Her and Ronon aren't from earth and are not part of the expedition so they don't conform to the same rules and regulations as the others. They can't order Teyla or Ronon to do anything, they do it because they want to, not because they are ordered.

Like Teyla said, Athosian women go out and do what they usually do right up till they are ready to give birth, or something along those lines. Yes she should have told her teammates about it so they had all the facts when going off world and they could have prepared accordingly. I don't think she told Ronon about it. I think he surmised, he's very perceptive ya know

Teyla doesn't need John or anyone else protecting her, she's managed all those years without his protection, she is more than capable of protecting herself. And no one has the right to tell her she can't go off world, if she wanted to go off world it's her decision and hers alone.

That's the thing that kinda got me, why she didn't fight harder to be able to go off world, they had no right telling her she couldn't. If she wanted to go off herself and not put the others at risk then it's her decision to make and no one had the right to stop her. I would have actually preferred this, Teyla going off world by herself to look for her people. This would have given the writers the perfect opportunity to have Teyla go darker like they had planned, and just think of the angst
    sigpic

Comment

Some Sam/Jack stuff I made for ship day yesterday

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

Should she have told John? Yes she should have. But at the same time I understand why she didn't. By the time she found out she was pregnant her people were missing, including the father of the unborn child. She didn't want to stay on Atlantis while her people were missing, she wouls have wanted to be out there searching for them and she had every right to. They are her people, she is their leader.
        How long was she going to wait though...until it was obvious she was pregnant.. again its all about trust.. she didnt trust John and put her own feelings above everyone elses.. didnt she know him well enough by now..but even if I understand her reluctance about telling him about the pregnancy why lie about being in a relationship .. a relationship that had been going on before Weir died if we are to believe what Repli Weir said.. why the secrecy... if they were just friends why not say she was seeing someone.... they were meant to be her friends..

Would the Atlantis expedition have turned over every rock looking for her people? Yes, possibly, but for how long. She couldn't take that risk.
        What could she do on her own though.. could she have done any better and how long did she think she could keep risking her child..
        Sure John would have probably insisted on it but he wasn't the leader, he has to follow orders like everyone else. And where would that have left Teyla and her people.
        Whatever help John could provide would have been better than looking on her own ..

Even if they knew about the pregnancy they couldn't have stopped her anyway, like she implied to Carter in The kindred, she didn't need their permission to go off world.
        Teyla could do what she wanted in her own time.. no one was going to tell her what to do.. but the problem was it wasnt on her own time.. she was doing it when she was on the team and Johns responsibility... she didnt have the right to put her team mates in danger if she had experienced some complication during her pregnancy and they wouldnt even have known what was wrong with her..

Her and Ronon aren't from earth and are not part of the expedition so they don't conform to the same rules and regulations as the others. They can't order Teyla or Ronon to do anything, they do it because they want to, not because they are ordered.
        I dont see it as conforming to rules but doing the right thing and not throwing back the trust someone placed in you..

Like Teyla said, Athosian women go out and do what they usually do right up till they are ready to give birth, or something along those lines

She didnt feel this way after Spoils of War and admitted that she had been wrong and that she had come too close to loosing her child..

Yes she should have told her teammates about it so they had all the facts when going off world and they could have prepared accordingly. I don't think she told Ronon about it. I think he surmised, he's very perceptive ya know
        She didnt tell Ronon about the pregnancy but she did tell him about Kanaan... he knew all about him..

Teyla doesn't need John or anyone else protecting her, she's managed all those years without his protection, she is more than capable of protecting herself. And no one has the right to tell her she can't go off world, if she wanted to go off world it's her decision and hers alone.
        Well again she did end up needing his help and while she was on Johns team he did have the right to tell her what to do.. if she was on Athos or not a part of Johns team yes indeed she could do as she pleased..because it would not be affecting other lives but her own..

That's the thing that kinda got me, why she didn't fight harder to be able to go off world, they had no right telling her she couldn't. If she wanted to go off herself and not put the others at risk then it's her decision to make and no one had the right to stop her
        When did anyone try and stop her... John took her off the team because he didnt want to be responsible for sending her and her unborn child into danger and she couldnt be expected to be able to defend herself whilst pregnant the same way she did before..... look at how she reacted to being stunned.. this could have damaged her unborn child.. this is why John didnt want her to go.. if she wanted to go off on her own then your correct that was her decision and as we saw Carter didnt stop her and John couldnt have either.. though I'm sure he wouldnt have liked it because he would have been worried about her safety..

I would have actually preferred this, Teyla going off world by herself to look for her people. This would have given the writers the perfect opportunity to have Teyla go darker like they had planned, and just think of the angst
        She did go off world on her own and get captured by Michael so it probably wasnt the best thing to do after all... but it did lead to some nice John angst...
        sigpic

Comment

Lots to quote, so I'll just say I'm in agreement with ya Blue

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

*panics* I've lost the will to make icons They're CG ones too!

Comment

Some Sam/Jack stuff I made for ship day yesterday

Spoiler:

very nice hun
              Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

OT
                I made a new Lj Header,Thanks Lea hun for all your help on the Text
                Spoiler:
                Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                  *panics* I've lost the will to make icons They're CG ones too!

Who are you and what have you done with Cazz?
                  sigpic
                  Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                    Who are you and what have you done with Cazz?
                    I think I left her in Sardinia

I'm going to watch Rising P1 shortly so hopefully that will inspire me

Comment

Hi Everyone!!

Back from vacation. We had a great time in Utah. What a georgeous state! We went to Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon for some hiking and hiking and hiking....We rented a boat one day and went fishing and also rented a jeep and an ATV and went off-roading on all the trails in BrianHead. I never drove anything like that, so it was a blast.

Anyway, I have been trying to catch up here. I love all the discussion about the big pregnancy reveal in BAMSR. I agree with a lot of things here. First off, I think Teyla did not tell Ronan about Kanaan. I think he just knew because Ronan is just so perceptive about every thing. I do understand John's reaction though. Teyla should have told him much sooner, being a part of the team and all. He did not want to put her in any unnecessary danger. However, to me John's reaction seemed more than him just being angry and hurt that she held back this information for so long. He really seemed hurt and shocked that she was in fact in a relationship that was that intimate. May be my shipper eyes here but I really feel that John had these feelings for Teyla (that he possibly never was going to act on) but on some level expected Teyla to remain available in his eyes. That would still keep things the same for him. I don't know if that makes any sense. It's hard to explain.

I think Teyla on the other hand was putting off telling John because she does have feelings for him and her reveal would change the way things were. I also think she knew that John was not going to be so accepting of the news.She couldn't admit to John how she felt and I believe she really does care for Kanaan though she is not in love with him. I can see that she was with K and things "just happened" as she said. I don't think Teyla expected John to take her off active duty since Athosian women are very active right up until birth.

And then there is Ronan - who is so supportive of her whatever is going on. Why can't some of that rub off on John? I think even Ronan was a bit surprised by John reaction.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                      Forever!!

Comment

My Rising DVD won't play

Comment

Camy? The links not working

Comment

Sorry about that Cazzie. LJ is giving me a really hard time so I deleted the posting and will have someone do this for me or else I'm going to have to hurt LJ and I don't want to do that! *grrrr*

I'll post it here again once it's up! Sorry
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                              Camy? The links not working

Ummm. Isn't it past your bedtime. I know it's past mine.
                              It's 12:25am here. I should go to bed now.

Did you get your icon groove back???

I'll catch you tomorrow. I got about 2,500+ words done so far for ep 1. I hope to get some more free time tomorrow, but I doubt it.

Night everyone.

Comment

Hi everyone
                                Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                                I didnt see John letting Teyla down at all..he was surprised and hurt..The news came right out of the blue... he knew nothing about Kanaan, nothing about a baby and suddenly Teyla just tells him in a public area that she was pregnant and had kept it from him for months.... i dont think it was the time for congratulations... he needed to get over the shock and hurt before he was in a postion to congratulate her ..
                                You're right it's true that as friends it was odd she never said anything. But if we consider things in John pov. Teyla had so many other things in her mind. It was her life, her baby, her people, she needed to put things right before.
                                John too had a lot of secret and some which could have been as painful. seriously since Teyla and him are friends he never said to her that he had a family and a wife. Great show of trust too.
                                As horrible as it can seem it shows the depht of their friendship. We know since Sunday that sh'e has other friends and a life with her people and all. It's sad to say that finally John don't interact a lot in this life. If yes he would have seen Kanaan too, Ronon saw him so it shows how much John cared.
                                Yeah he thought she was him and he wcould play while she was waiting. But she wasn't his. Too bad he never think of this before.

As for the shock I agree but the reaction was painful neverthless. he took it to a personal level while he had nothing to say in this. She never said it to him in order to hurt him but because it was her life.

And besides it's his fault she said it there seriously what did he said 'move yourself Teyla it's not the first time you were stunned' Wow this sentence is stuck in my gut as if Teyla was someone whiny and all. She never said anything, need a lot less infirmary than John and for the first time she has something, did he worry ? No he mocks her.

John always supported Teyla and was the first to put his trust in her and yet she repays him by lying to him and keeping something from him that affected the whole team.. I'm not sure what John should have done.... it would have been totally inappropriate for John to just say.. oh congratulations Teyla.. I have no problem that you couldnt trust me enough to tell me you were seeing someone but you didnt have a problem telling Ronon.. and I'm not angry that you let me put you and the team in danger because you kept this from me..
                                Onc again I don't think she lied or anything. She never lied she didn'(t told him. John too had secrets and kept things for him and first of all that he never made his move. She was the one to go with him, she was the one to always support him but where was he when Charrin died, where was he in Letters from pegasus ? He didn't want to save her friend. But in The lost Boys he didn't hesitate to risk Ronon and teyla life for his friend. Pretty selfish IMO. As in this scen he only thought of him not at what Teyla was suffering.

Teyla just seemed out of character here to me... she didnt seem like the Teyla of previous seasons..... there was no reason to keep her relatioanship with Kanaan from John... why was she able to tell Ronon but not John.... why didnt she trust John that he would help her find her people and understand her situation and accept her pregnancy.. i just felt that the writers didnt know Teyla at all and tried to change her character to fit in Kanaan and the baby arc..
                                I don't think she kept her relationship from John he was only too obtuse to see it. after all Ronon saw it. Besides he kept to him what happened with Larrin, he never said she was her girlfriend. John was just lucky that he wasn't one for posterity. Would have he say something if case were reversed ? I don't think so he is too secret for this. Besides she didn't told Ronon he guessed while John said that he wasn't even interested to know who the father was.

John was hurt which I think was an understandable reaction... but why did Teyla put him in that situation in the first place... as a friend she should have told him in private and sooner..
                                Yeah I can undertand that he was hurt but once again things happened quickly and it was her private life, she had other preoccupations. She didn't thought it was a big deal at first and it probably became more difficult to say it as time passed. But even in private what could she had said 'hey my people is missing and in them there is Kanaan, my boyfriend that you never guesseed and besides now i'm pregnant but I don't want to stay behind it's my people'. i'm not sure he would have been more comprehensible particularly if he had feelings but a real friend should have said 'I'm happy for you'
                                Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                                So, what I want to is, who is going to the Chicago Con to see Joe and Rachael?

Tell me, Tell me! I want to know and....NOW!

Such a loving request without to much forcefulness....Aye?
                                I'd love but no I won't
                                Originally posted by gater101 View Post

No, you're right. It is OOC for John but I think it just shows how desperate he is. He just wants to understand what he's feeling and he knows that he can't figure it out on his own. he was 'with' Rebecca for two years so he would have that openness with her, you know? As for the way he is with Teyla... He wants to be with her but he can't bring himself to trust her after everything he has put her through. So instead of leading her on, he's letting her know that he needs time - that he may not ever be ready for that with her...

Better?
                                Yeah totally in fact it's what i understood in my thinking. You're right and totally in continuation of your writing. In fact it's painful because it feels so right

Would the Atlantis expedition have turned over every rock looking for her people? Yes, possibly, but for how long. She couldn't take that risk. Sure John would have probably insisted on it but he wasn't the leader, he has to follow orders like everyone else. And where would that have left Teyla and her people.

Even if they knew about the pregnancy they couldn't have stopped her anyway, like she implied to Carter in The kindred, she didn't need their permission to go off world. Her and Ronon aren't from earth and are not part of the expedition so they don't conform to the same rules and regulations as the others. They can't order Teyla or Ronon to do anything, they do it because they want to, not because they are ordered.

Like Teyla said, Athosian women go out and do what they usually do right up till they are ready to give birth, or something along those lines. Yes she should have told her teammates about it so they had all the facts when going off world and they could have prepared accordingly. I don't think she told Ronon about it. I think he surmised, he's very perceptive ya know

That's the thing that kinda got me, why she didn't fight harder to be able to go off world, they had no right telling her she couldn't. If she wanted to go off herself and not put the others at risk then it's her decision to make and no one had the right to stop her. I would have actually preferred this, Teyla going off world by herself to look for her people. This would have given the writers the perfect opportunity to have Teyla go darker like they had planned, and just think of the angst
                                Amen it would have been awesome
                                sigpic
                                Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Working...
                                X