Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
    Willam had issues. I mean, come on, he had Fox Mulder as a dad

Thats enough to make you lift things over a bassinet too!

You are out of control...I love you!!! Too true..on so many levels...I was surprised Scully's head didn't do a 360...or maybe it did...who knows!
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Night Camy!

Though i love WitchAGMel, for the baby.......Or AGMelWitch...or MelAGWitch.........

R.I.P Wraithlord
      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

lOVE YA, HON...JOHN AND TEYLA WOULD CERTAINLY HAVE BEAUTIFUL BABIES..NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

VB..I JUST PM'D YOU..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
          MEL, HON! Are you here...*smooch*

Okay...I better call it a night..I'm going to read some fanfic...and I'm off to bed...

I was never good in math, so this conversation is way out of my league...
          DARN IT..I'm out of chocolate cookies...Jeepers...AH, I just took the last sip of my coffee! NO!

Oh, well..night all...

Just one last thought...I don't care what you guys think...CAMTRIPP is definetly the best name for their first child!

I did have one shed of light amist my sugar craze.....if John and Teyla were to start a sort of fling...do you think they would reveal it to the others immediately or would they keep it a secret..? and why?
          Which would you prefer in the show? that they keep it a secret or that others know? and how do you think once it is reveal, will it affect them and the rest in Atlantis...?
          We've probably discuss this already, not sure..but I can't wait to read what you guys think...and I will put in my two cents tomorrow night...I just have to check what page this is on because you guys are definetly on a roll here..

I have to say, I am proud of all of you and those of you who have kept your head up high...VB..stand straight and tall hon...All of you! NIGHT!

No way but I got something just as good for a first name...

They'd keep it a secret. First off I feel they would do that becuase the relationship would be too new. And because of this new this they need to understand each other and as Sanssong said in her fics....'get perspective'...this is important. They recognize they feel something but first they need to understand each other more so than they let on and talk over past missions and what was goign on in their thoughts at the time..to get rid of any mis understandings and what not. then they would have to find a way to define their relationship....taking in cultural and species barriers and what not....then they have to take in each other's uniques powers and how they really feel about it.

Then there's the issue of their role on Atlantis....that also has to be defined and clearly understood...much like many people have said on a thread I was on about the clear train of command.....what is the position of Teyla..is she really a subordinate of some kind? Or she seen more as a Padme? And how does John see her.....we pretty much get the idea he sees her as his second in command and right hand woman....Lorne is military wise...but I'm speaking on the team. Not to mention he makes it a point to listen to what she says and follows it..so we have to figure that out....

then would be the issue of Weir and how to address her about their feelings which could take time to do as they would still be trying to figure everythign out..and then Weir having to tell those on earth about the developign relationship which the earthlings may find as problematic....

Then there's a Wraith problem..where John would see Teyla has a liabiilty for him and if the Wraith were to figure something out or find out in some way through untoward action or word of mouth....they would be seen as a sign of weakness for the two..which is already there anyway.

This is really interesting when you see that....there'd be to many trying to figure things out for them to out right admit their feelings..but they would probably keep it a secret for a long time....either until she gets pregnant..or until they get caught..or until all the Wraith are elminated and it's relatively safe.

I would prefer them to keep it a secret...mainly for my reasons above. Plus I like things to be intimate. That's why I have a problem with weddings and stuff like that...and people proposing in public..I could smack a man who would dare propose to me in public.

There are things that are intimate and should stay between the people. What I do and who i do it with, is not of your concern unless it affects you personally....where you would be killed if we go together...other wise mind your business. I see weddings as show cases...for people to drss up and ooh and ahh..like in a circus..so that's one problem. I see moments of proposal should be between one person in the silence of a room...vows said to one another in the the presense of only each other....because that's the true bond..not the show.

I think if people were to know about it...it would just make it into some kind of comedy shpeal...until their good and ready. I mean if they want to take this to marriage and kids..then I'm all for the public..but until that time it shoud remain private. And I can't see it being made public yet.

It would be a bit of something too look into in Atlantis....I do wonder how it would go. I do know what Bates would say, though....don't we all?! Oh poor Bates..

Anyway it's a toss up as to how it would go.....but I think in my first post I shed some light on my train of thought.

VB

P.S. You know me Cam...'dirt off my shoulder'! ^_^ Ladies be pimps too..go and brush your shoulder's off..darn it..now I got that darn tune in myhead..

Now I'm off to write...VB--I'll check back regularly until bed..ick!
          Last edited by vaberella; 02 February 2006, 07:52 PM.

Comment

*Peeks around corner* Is it safe to come out now? *Whew* That was interesting......

Anyway, what a great discussion on the possibilites for John and Teyla's kids! Combined DNA- I can almost hear the fan-fic wheels turning in the heads of our writers. . I would tackle it myself, but I tend to be very one track minded when it comes to writing and I'm in the midst of this new monster I've created- so no new ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
              Okay guys...plot bunnies have taken over expect your kid fic tomorrow evening..and it will be a monster....I'll post it on ff.net...and enjoy cause it will be funny.

Gimme some ideas on what you guys would want to see.and I'll do my best to cator to your needs and wishes...so this sort of like an open forum story for me to develop the kid fic.....since you got me laughing....
              I've always loved the idea of the kids activating a drone and mckay going ballistic becase they could blow up the whole lab, or maybe something with the wraith illusions? (maybe the wraith choose to make them into vaugly scary things despite being able to say mimic a person? And the kids naturally take it to the next level by say, having "Teyla" appear to back them up with dad, or OH! An Weir replicant to subdue Mckay With typical kid grammer of course.) As for a name, we could call the kids Thos-kins (Athosian/Munchkins)

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                I've always loved the idea of the kids activating a drone and mckay going ballistic becase they could blow up the whole lab, or maybe something with the wraith illusions? (maybe the wraith choose to make them into vaugly scary things despite being able to say mimic a person? And the kids naturally take it to the next level by say, having "Teyla" appear to back them up with dad, or OH! An Weir replicant to subdue Mckay With typical kid grammer of course.) As for a name, we could call the kids Thos-kins (Athosian/Munchkins)
                I love Thos-kins...it's much better than Anraithmans....sounds like a disease!! Oh that would be way cool.......I wonder what they would call Teyla...I'm partial to mama? But then there's mummy... I have this problem with those kids calling John..father and I can see him saying ...'she's mummy, I'm daddy..not father and mother..' hahaha..

I'll add that in the fic..that's gonna be chapter 2 okay gatelover12?! I have to set up the fic..and I've decided to make it a series of one shots of events without time during various times in their life......I got some names...

What do you think of Arjun-it comes from Arjuna (boys name) here's a link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arjuna)

Arjun Tagan Sheppard...but I do like Vaughn Tagan Sheppard..

and

Maisha--girl it means 'Life' in Africa....I was stuck between Maisha and Shreya..but thought Shreya was too much like Teyla and I have one Indian name already. But for some reason..I get the feeling that Shreya might be found more.....appropriate is the word?!

Shreya is a hindu name meaning 'Beautiful'...

Shreya Charin Sheppard or Maisha Charin Sheppard...?!

I just think that west Asian and African culture seems to be very similar to athosian people...for some reason..I relate them in some way....

I already have visuals of what I think the kids might look like..it will be posted with the fic..you can check off there.

Had to do some corrections so hence the edit.
                Last edited by vaberella; 02 February 2006, 09:14 PM.

Comment

(would quote but thats alot of text) Coolness, I like the name, Arjun. The Athosians always remind me of the native americans for some reason, but I can see the africa thing.

EDIT: Shep seems to really feel guilty for what happened to Colonel Sumner in Rising, maybe one of the kids would be named after him? (his first name is Marshall I think)

Comment

(would quote but thats alot of text) Coolness, I like the name, Arjun. The Athosians always remind me of the native americans for some reason, but I can see the africa thing.

EDIT: Shep seems to really feel guilty for what happened to Colonel Sumner in Rising, maybe one of the kids would be named after him? (his first name is Marshall I think)
                    I dunno. I think that might be a little too personal for Marshall Sumner. I mean I know Shep respected him but they never really got along that well. Just a thought. I like Arjun and Maisha. I like Shreya too, but Maisha better. I think it sounds better with Charin. Shreya Charin sounds too similiar.

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                      I dunno. I think that might be a little too personal for Marshall Sumner. I mean I know Shep respected him but they never really got along that well. Just a thought. I like Arjun and Maisha. I like Shreya too, but Maisha better. I think it sounds better with Charin. Shreya Charin sounds too similiar.
                      Maybe in a middle name context?

Comment

Maybe in a middle name context?
                        *nods* That might work

Comment

HAIL SHEYLA!

I'm in a positive mood today so here we go...

it is generally agreed (my god i sound like Livy) that Bates was a sheyla device and was removed, therefore halting some of the ship. There was some hope in Conversion but it seemed that sheyla had been shunted into the shadows. Now I'm starting to see light at the end of the sheyla-less tunnel. Now we get to spoilers...
                          Spoiler:
                          however, there are still hints, such as in Allies when Shep talked to Teyla and said "I just wanted it to be fine with you too". I was concerned about The Long Goodbye, but I found that there was still some sheyla to found, largely when Teyla caught John. I think her reluctance to shoot him goes beyond comraderie, such as we saw in Conversion.

So the little things are still there, imo. I think a smokescreen is being thrown up to cover tracks after giving us a little glimpse of what's to come.

*appeased, sits back and smiles happily*

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
                            HAIL SHEYLA!

it is generally agreed (my god i sound like Livy) that Bates was a sheyla device and was removed, therefore halting some of the ship. There was some hope in Conversion but it seemed that sheyla had been shunted into the shadows. Now I'm starting to see light at the end of the sheyla-less tunnel. Now we get to spoilers...
                            Spoiler:
                            however, there are still hints, such as in Allies when Shep talked to Teyla and said "I just wanted it to be fine with you too". I was concerned about The Long Goodbye, but I found that there was still some sheyla to found, largely when Teyla caught John. I think her reluctance to shoot him goes beyond comraderie, such as we saw in Conversion.

So the little things are still there, imo. I think a smokescreen is being thrown up to cover tracks after giving us a little glimpse of what's to come.

wow, that was down right eloquent

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
                              HAIL SHEYLA!

Spoiler:

*slaps Caz on back* You're my kinda shipper Caz! *Wanders off to bed grinning and humming song for her newest S/T vid*

Comment

Caz had shown me the light...our shippiness will prevail...I see the light or maybe it just the idea of VB's possbile fic....

LOL...this convo was fabulous...and I missed it!

Grrrrrr.....

But I must say VB those names work for me...however the WitchyAGMel one had a nice ring to it

And Camy...how dare you raid my stash of chocolate chip cookies...whoops actually those were the cookies Teyla was making Shep for Valentine's Day...are you feeling okay Camy?

And in the words of Caz....Hail Sheyla and Bring Bates Back...I mean they brought Kavanaugh back...Bates should be next I tell ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X