No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently reading a cool book by famed Wuxia author Liang Yusheng. the title of the book is actuallt number 22 of 22 books in a series that actually brings everything from the past 21 books into a nice finished conclusion. I also found that series that Li posted the picture to, the series itself encomapsses all 22 books, but starts with a scene from near the end of book 22 then goes to book 1-21 then finishes up in book 22, the series itself is called White Hair Maiden in english, and is Lai Bach Phat Ma Nu Zhaun in Chinese. Just need to find a full translated novel though of the 22nd book....

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      I don't know why i'm laughing at that

Usually the books are better than the movie!
      Lol I know I know

This book is certainly better. There's one part in it and I can't remember if it's in the movie or not but I seriously almost brought back up whatever I'd eaten that day.
      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
        Lol I know I know

This book is certainly better. There's one part in it and I can't remember if it's in the movie or not but I seriously almost brought back up whatever I'd eaten that day.
        Man sounds like a way freaky book
        sigpic

Comment

I'm away to bed because i'm tired
          sigpic

Comment

I'm away to bed because i'm tired
            Night, NINJA! Man! I will be happy when I can post smilies and stuff on here again.
            1-800-Iluv-JandT
            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

JM BLOG UPDATE ( & theres an interview w/Andy Mikita I left out)

Spoiler:
              Evolution Anyone writes: “You all have no shame…again Atlantis is going to copy, scene for scene, an SG-1 episode? I let out a gasp when I saw the “alien autopsy” pics from First Contact/Lost Tribe.”

Answer: Oh, I hear ya. Another alien autopsy! It’s like we do one of those every second episode. And, wait, it gets worse! If you can believe it, there’s also a scene where the team exchanges weaponsfire with some aliens (shades of SG-1!) and even a scene in which two characters talk as they walk around (freakin’ ripped off from Louis Le Prince’s 1888 Roundhay Garden Scene). Gasp!

Kath writes: “Its a shame that this has turned into a sniping match now and because some fans dared to voice their opinions that a lot of focus seemed to be going to a new addition of the cast then automatically we are deemed haters.”

Answer: You know, it never ceases to amaze me how certain fans can be so free and vocal with their own criticisms and yet so incredibly thin-skinned when someone criticizes their infantile behavior. Rather than simply “daring to voice their opinion”, some fans, who clearly lack the capacity to express their thoughts in any sort of intelligent manner, choose to be insulting or launch personal attacks. Of course, on the rare occasions when they are called on it, they seek to defend themselves under the guise that they are protecting their right to free speech. I’m afraid I’m going to have to call bull**** on that. If you don’t like a character or the writing then, sure, feel free to post your opinion. But if you’re so childish and devoid of any intellect that the only way you can get your point across is by being disparaging people, then expect to be on the receiving end of a firm smackdown. FYI, this all started two days ago because some fan, clearly upset by the fact that Jewel had received a Gemini-nomination, intimated that the only possible way she could have received said nomination was by facing no competition from her fellow cast members. This fan wondered whether Jewel was the only one submitted for nomination. I sarcastically responded that, in fact, she was. And when the rest of the anti-Keller crew started their foot stomping, I responded in an equally sarcastic manner. For the record, other cast members were submitted for consideration but only Jewel ended up with a nomination. If you’ve got a problem with that and suspect the Gemini selection committee of “being in love with Jewel” or playing favorites, then I suggest you take it up with them.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post

Spoiler:
                Evolution Anyone writes: “You all have no shame…again Atlantis is going to copy, scene for scene, an SG-1 episode? I let out a gasp when I saw the “alien autopsy” pics from First Contact/Lost Tribe.”

Answer: Oh, I hear ya. Another alien autopsy! It’s like we do one of those every second episode. And, wait, it gets worse! If you can believe it, there’s also a scene where the team exchanges weaponsfire with some aliens (shades of SG-1!) and even a scene in which two characters talk as they walk around (freakin’ ripped off from Louis Le Prince’s 1888 Roundhay Garden Scene). Gasp!

Kath writes: “Its a shame that this has turned into a sniping match now and because some fans dared to voice their opinions that a lot of focus seemed to be going to a new addition of the cast then automatically we are deemed haters.”

Answer: You know, it never ceases to amaze me how certain fans can be so free and vocal with their own criticisms and yet so incredibly thin-skinned when someone criticizes their infantile behavior. Rather than simply “daring to voice their opinion”, some fans, who clearly lack the capacity to express their thoughts in any sort of intelligent manner, choose to be insulting or launch personal attacks. Of course, on the rare occasions when they are called on it, they seek to defend themselves under the guise that they are protecting their right to free speech. I’m afraid I’m going to have to call bull**** on that. If you don’t like a character or the writing then, sure, feel free to post your opinion. But if you’re so childish and devoid of any intellect that the only way you can get your point across is by being disparaging people, then expect to be on the receiving end of a firm smackdown. FYI, this all started two days ago because some fan, clearly upset by the fact that Jewel had received a Gemini-nomination, intimated that the only possible way she could have received said nomination was by facing no competition from her fellow cast members. This fan wondered whether Jewel was the only one submitted for nomination. I sarcastically responded that, in fact, she was. And when the rest of the anti-Keller crew started their foot stomping, I responded in an equally sarcastic manner. For the record, other cast members were submitted for consideration but only Jewel ended up with a nomination. If you’ve got a problem with that and suspect the Gemini selection committee of “being in love with Jewel” or playing favorites, then I suggest you take it up with them.
                Thanks for posting this MrsB!
                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Hahaha how did I know you would say that?
                  Well you obviously must be psychic because I am not predictable at all I'm a very complex individual

*waves to Elfie*

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

uhhhhh....You could finish my fic..You know the one where Teyla gets injured after a fight with Michael and she's seriously injured in the infirmary and John got injured too but not as bad and he's in the infirmary too but won't leave her bedside...hehe..I started it but i totally lost my JT spark And haven't been able to do any more

Actually i haven't done very much

Sounds interesting.
                    I vaguely remember, it must've been so long ago.
                    Send me what you got so far and I'll see what I can do.

Hahaha how did I know you would say that?

Hee hee, me too.

Yeah, I really like the idea of Carson and Teyla being good friends. I think I may go with that one... or Lorne. I dunno.

I can rifle through some of my unfinished ones and give bullet points as to my intention, and you can see what you can come up with from them as the stem?
                    Ok Thanks hun. I'll give them a look.

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                    Woohoo! So far, so good! Now, all of you know what I've got to do! I've got to catch up or reread some the posts I missed after being kicked every 3-5 mins. This is a temp connection. So, hopefully everything will be rectified in a few days. I can tell I've missed what been going on up in here! Though, I am massively thankful that I was able to check the petition. It's over 12,000 sigs! OMG! That rocks! Do any of you know when the petition is going to be sent to TPTB for them to see? I think it would be cool if there were like 15,000 sigs on it. It can surely happen it's almost to 13,000 now. That is fast for what 2 wks? Did any of you read Camilita's update on her fic? Whew! It's steamy y'all! Get to it if you haven't! Also Albinoc's fic rocks! Read that too! I'm so loving yet, in a forceful way! Oh, and before I forget. There is a fic called The Lost Children of Atlantis, I think that's the title. You've got to read that one too! It's JT and it's good!
                    Isn't it so great about the petition!!

I read Camy's and put a Cold Shower Alert.
                    I have 2 more Chapters for AMC's and then I have to read Laura's crossover.
                    I'm so behind.

Hahaha I meant to post this earlier. It's OT but you have to see it.

Kermit Bale? Who knew Christian and Kermit had so much in common?

Spoiler:

Thanks MrsB

Spoiler:
                    Was he being a wise guy as well when he said that they could only afford to pay for one nom.

Comment

Final results from the poll:

Are you excited about "Stargate Universe"?

YES! - 13% - 1543
                      No. - 85% - 10004
                      What's Stargate Universe? - 2% - 210

New poll:

Are you enjoying this season of Stargate Atlantis?

Yes! - 95%
                      No. - 4%
                      Undecided. - 1%

http://stargate.mgm.com/

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Wow . . . that's a loooot of people not interested in SGU.
                        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                          Final results from the poll:

Are you excited about "Stargate Universe"?

YES! - 13% - 1543
                          No. - 85% - 10004
                          What's Stargate Universe? - 2% - 210

New poll:

Are you enjoying this season of Stargate Atlantis?

Yes! - 95%
                          No. - 4%
                          Undecided. - 1%

http://stargate.mgm.com/

Hee hee. Thanks Cazz for the update.
                          That's funny that they changed the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post

Oh WOW!!

Your site looks so awesome!!!
                            This is very exciting and thank you for posting.

It's nice to have such talented friends.

I'm so behind on fics too.
                            LC - Your website looks BOMB!!!
                            Originally posted by asgard30 View Post

Wow your site is awesome beautiful and all congratulations
                            Ooh looking good!
                            Thanks guys!!!! All the thanks really go to Mayra for creating it and to Camy for the beautiful banners!!!! So glad you like it! It's been over a year in process, so I'm so happy to finally have it done! Now maybe we'll finally have time for other projects, LOL!

Congrats to all the Icon Winners!!!!!!! So much beautiful work!

Guys, don't forget to adjust your sigs according to what SkyDiver said! I think mine is okay, but I'm going to double check on mine as well.

ETA: Oops! Made it a little TOO small, LOL! Oh well, I need a new sig anyway. Camy! Help!
                            Last edited by LoveConquers; 03 September 2008, 05:39 PM.
                            Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                              Thanks guys!!!! All the thanks really go to Mayra for creating it and to Camy for the beautiful banners!!!! So glad you like it! It's been over a year in process, so I'm so happy to finally have it done! Now maybe we'll finally have time for other projects, LOL!

Congrats to all the Icon Winners!!!!!!! So much beautiful work!

Guys, don't forget to adjust your sigs according to what SkyDiver said! I think mine is okay, but I'm going to double check on mine as well.

NP hun.

I know mine is within size too. Thanks Steph, plus when I make sig, they are always 600 x 175. This way there's room for them to put stuff underneath.

Edit: LOL! I was going to say something Steph, but I decided not too.
                              And there's always your birthday for new sigs.
                              Last edited by scifan; 03 September 2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                                NP hun.

I know mine is within size too. Thanks Steph, plus when I make sig, they are always 600 x 175. This way there's room for them to put stuff underneath.
                                Good idea! I'm still laughing at how small mine is now! Oops! Photobucket won't let me enlarge it now.
                                Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X