Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    Love the second Shep one! I voted for it as my fave
    Thanks Cazzie!! The pic of shep from the new challenge is so cute. I think you can guess which one I'm referring too.
    *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
      In my universe of writing, who is your favourite person to see Carson interacting with?

A) Lorne
      B) Teyla
      C) John
      D) Rodney
      E) Ronon
      F) Himself
      G) Some unknown.
      Yeah I would probably say John too or Teyla
      Nope not misleading! You won fair and square

John! Particularly in the infirmary

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
      *chuckles* I'm actually glad it's my birthday then too, I'll have one less birthday to worry about.

Great icons Lea! I voted for those first 2.

Thanks asgard! Congrats on the win yourself.

--

My icons...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...n/1x15_151.jpg http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...n/1x15_425.jpg Got most creative for this one; http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...n/1x15_407.jpg
      and thanks
      So here are my icons

This one won in fact people was depressed when they voted for it because I like it but I find her depressing lol
      Originally posted by scifan View Post

Thanks Asgard!!

Ok, now I know you'r related to Donna.
      Do I have to do what I say to her?

Write 20 times: " I am a good artist."

I always love Carson's interaction with Rodney.

Go ahead and rub it in.

Thanks hun. I love your icons!!! Great job
      I believe I voted for your Weir one.
      Yeah she said she's my sister ok I will try better but in all honnesty it wasn't my fav lol You know when I said I have one like your elisabeth one I didn't remember and I think I thought that I had done the Elisabeth one lol wen I said that I need to change my head lol
      sigpic
      Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Hee hee. NP.

Yes really. I just checked my votes and I also voted for your first John too.

Love that pouty look.

Oh. Thanks! Heehee, me too!!

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
          Yeah I would probably say John too or Teyla

and thanks
          So here are my icons

This one won in fact people was depressed when they voted for it because I like it but I find her depressing lol

Yeah she said she's my sister ok I will try better but in all honnesty it wasn't my fav lol You know when I said I have one like your elisabeth one I didn't remember and I think I thought that I had done the Elisabeth one lol wen I said that I need to change my head lol
          LOL. You so cute Asgard. I think everyone liked it because of f couple of reasons, at least, one it's Elizabeth and two it's an awesome texture and technique. IMO

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post

Oh. Thanks! Heehee, me too!!
          You're welcome.

Comment

Good girl
            I can be slow at times but i'm learning

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
            JM BLOG UPDATE is all about the prop guy and Keller questions/answers. http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/
            Does he really think so much sarcasm about it is gonna change our minds about Keller

Originally posted by Camy View Post
            Hi guys...I'm back to my busy schedule so I won't be long here. But two things, I"m hoping to post Chapter 3 of The Naked Truth...You don't want to miss this one!
            Also, I have a posting that I'm going to politely ask all the LJ users to read. Now, I can only speak for myself. Just a thought.
            Spoiler:
            Tielan wrote this and ironically, I had asked her to do something like this because I had made some "minor" errors on my Beya posting and so, she corrected me on it. And because I know very little about LJ, I thought this was a great idea. Now, I know that I'm a stubborn chick, yes, Yes...hold your thoughts on that one. I am. I just got an earful from Mom and mind you, I"m in my thirties...so, yeah. I'm stubborn. And at first I took this posting very personally and kind of offensive since to me, this is all for fun....why the logistics and the restrictions, but it's a big thing in LJ and just today I learned a valuable lesson....hold your tongue please....Yes, I'm still learning lessons in life. See, I don't really care much about what some people think. I am such a strong willed person and so self confident that it does boil others. yes, I know. I can do no wrong, but once in awhile I do. And Mom, who knows better than I do, helped me to understand this. And so, with this posting, it's not so different. If first appearance matter in lJ as well and if presentation does make a difference, then I should respect that and abide by it as long as it doesn't go against my principles and my fun and in this case, it doesn't. So, if it makes me a better poster and a better person, then I think it is my responsibility to do things right. And sadly, I haven't been doing things right on LJ. Yes, I"m the first one that breaks these rules over and over again, and I wonder if, actually I know that Tie in part was including me on this one. So, there you have it. As the thread Mommy, I lovingly ask that those of you who are learning LJ like me don't take this posting as a reprimand, but as an educational one. I Love to learn. It makes me prettier and wiser. And I want all of us to do the same. Besides, there seems to be a misconception in LJ that the Jters have a problem with posting things correctly in LJ and that's just a no-no.

so, check this out, give it some thought, if you like leave her a message and thank her for attempting to make us even better than what we already are.

HUGS
            http://tielan.livejournal.com/280064.html
            Ooh thanks Camy!
            sigpic

Comment

I hope it's ok. I'm sure it has tons of errors and I'll send it to Jess later to be betad.
              And it's really long

Turning Point: Final Chapter

Spoiler:

When Carson returns, he pulls Teyla aside to a quiet place in the room. She can tell it was something serious by the look on his face. He finds to chairs and they sit across from each other.

“Teyla, my dear, I want to prepare you a bit fer when John wakes up,” he begins.

Teyla’s eyes are fixed on him, to where they almost don’t blink, and she awaits his next word.

“When it comes to serious head injuries, like John had, there may be a chance that he might not remember some things that happened before the accident,” Carson sighs. “We also have to consider that he was fairly drunk and he may not remember a lot for that very reason.”

Teyla sadly nods, “What you are trying to say is that he may not remember writing the letter to me.”

“That is correct, my dear,” Carson affirms. “And until we know exactly what he does know, I suggest we keep it quiet.”

Teyla smiles very slightly and agrees.

“I do have a bit of good news though,” he grins. “I’m planning on taking him off the ventilator and the meds for the induced coma. If we are lucky, he’ll be awake in no time.”

Teyla’s face glowed and her eyes twinkled, “Thank you so much Carson.”
              She reaches over and gives him a big hug.

----------

Teyla feels bad that she has to leave John, but there is only so much babysitting Sam and Vala can do, plus she also misses Torren. She also receives good news from SGC that Ronon and Rodney are planning to return to Earth to be there for John and help her as well.

A few hours later, Teyla tries to settle Torren down for a nap and she is close to exhaustion as well. She can feel her eyelids get heavier and heavier.
              A soft knock on her hotel room door wakes her up. She gets up and opens the door. To her surprise it is Ronon and Rodney.

“We came to pick you up,” Rodney cheerfully announces.

Teyla’s face saddens, “I only recently was able to get Torren down. I believe that he is not comfortable with Sam and Vala yet.”

Ronon smiles, “That’s ok. We’ll bring him with us.”

Ronon starts to hand Rodney the diaper bag and a few toys. He gently places Torren in the car seat and secures it into the stroller.

“We’re family and they’re not,” Ronon winks. “And you already know he likes us.”

Teyla give his a disciplinary look, “They both did the best they could, Ronon.”

“I’m sure they did,” Rodney interrupts. “But he’s around us more and…”

Teyla places a gentle hand on his upper arm, “I agree, Rodney. Thank you.

Maybe we should go while he is still sleeping.”

When they get to the hospital, Teyla lets Ronon and Rodney go first. Ronon goes in first. He sits next to him and remains still for a moment.

He leans in a bit closer to John’s ear, “Hey, Buddy. I want to let you know that everybody at Atlantis is worried about you. So, you better get back on your feet soon so you can come home.”

Ronon remained there a bit longer and he told John the mission they had to go on. He states how he wished he was there with them and he came close to wanting to kill Rodney a few times. It wasn’t too long after that Rodney shows up to take his turn.

Ronon gets up as Rodney walks in. They give each other look understanding, a look of friendship. Ronon gives Rodney a pat on his shoulder and sighs before leaving the room.

Rodney sits down and is in a loss for words. He can feel his eyes glossing over, but he fights it. He reaches inside his coat pocket and pulls out an old issue of a Batman comic book.

Rodney chuckles a little, “I had asked Jeanie to go through a couple of boxes I had stored at her house. I knew that you might like this instead of my other books.”

Rodney leans forward and begins to read, emphasizing the important parts, especially the fight scenes. It doesn’t take too long to finish and he knows that Teyla wants to see him as well.

Before he gets up, he says one more thing, “You’ve always been there for me and the others… we will be here for you as well.”

----------

Teyla stays with John through the night and is woken by Carson. He also has a couple nurses with him as well.

“Sorry, Teyla, but if you don’t mind stepping aside we’re going to get ready to take him off the ventilator.”

Teyla nods and quickly moves to a corner in the room. She watches as the pull the tube out of his throat and take away one of his bag for medicine. Once they are done, Carson motions her to come over.

“He won’t be up for some time, why don’t you go ahead and get something to eat,” Carson urges.

Teyla shakes her head, “No. I don’t want to leave him alone too long.”
              “He won’t be,” Carson reassures her. “I’ll be here.

His eyes quickly widen, “Oh, before I forget, Ronon and Rodney have Torren. They took him to their hotel room last night. Rodney just called to say they are on their way back. Torren slept through the whole night.”

Teyla smiles, “Thank you, Carson. I believe I will get some tea before they return.”

“That’s a lovely idea,” Carson says with a comforting tone.

----------

They morning seems to go faster than usual. Ronon and Rodney take their turns being with John and Teyla is busy keeping Torren entertained. When lunch time rolls around Ronon and Rodney decide to take Torren with them. Rodney promises to share his jell-o with him.

Teyla goes to John’s room and feels disappointed that John hasn’t waken up yet. She sits down and takes his hand. She kisses the top of it before she closes her eyes and nestles his hand to her cheek.

“Teyla?” John asks with a barely audible voice.

Teyla eyes fly open and she tries to contain her excitement, “John, you’re…”

“Where am I?” he queries as he scans the room.

She gives him a sympathetic look, “I know it is going to be confusing, but Carson is here and he will explain everything. I will go get him now.

She gives him a smile and dashes off to find Carson. On her way out she bumps into Rodney. She tells him the exciting news and he quickly heads in.

“Hey, John. Good to see you awake,” he says with a big grin.

“What happened?” John asks.

“Oh boy, you got yourself into a big mess. You got hit by a car while leaving a bar, Teyla and Kanaan didn’t get married because of it, Sam and I found the love letter to Teyla plus the letter of resignation, but we didn’t give it to General Landry…”

Shock comes across John’s face, “A letter to Teyla? Accident?”

“Oh God,” Rodney blurts out. “You don’t remember. Do you?”

Before John could answer, Carson walks in, “Rodney! If ye don’t mind, I’d like to talk to my patient.”

Rodney nervously gets up, “Sorry.”

Carson gives him a stern look and leaves quickly.

“Hello, John. I’m sure you have tons of questions, but I want you to take it slow. You’ve been on a ventilator for awhile and yer throat will be sore for a bit,” Carson says compassionately.

John is about to open his mouth to speak, but Carson stops him, “Before you say anything, son, I want to let you know that we are at the hospital by SGC. You’re brother asked me here, not knowin that I already know you. So, I suggest you don’t tell him otherwise.”

John nods his head to show that he understands.

“Do you remember the accident? Carson questions.

John shakes his head no.

“Do you remember going to the bar?” Carson continues.

Again, John shakes his head and begins to look frustrated.

Carson tries to force an understanding smile, “Do you remember drinking in your hotel room?

John slowly closes blinks his eye and nods yes.

Carson pauses, “Do you know what you were doing before you left for the bar?”

John sighs, “I was writing some letters. I was upset because…”

“We know, John,” Carson smiles.

“Rodney said that Teyla didn’t get married?” John asks with confusion.

“Aye. As soon as she heard that you got in an accident she rushed over with Ronon and Rodney. I suppose that Kanaan wasn’t happy, tried to make her choose and she… well, she chose you,” Carson answers.

John tries to hide is happiness for the new, but a small smirk escapes briefly.
              Before he could ask any other questions, his brother shows up.

“John! Thank God you’re alright,” Dave says beaming.

Dave shakes Carson’s hand, “Thanks again doctor.”

“Don’t thank me. Give credit where credit is due, with this fine hospital. Well, my work is done and I must be getting back to Scotland,” Carson replies with a wink to John.

John smiles, “Thanks, doc.”

“No problem. Just make sure that you watch where yer going when crossing the street,” Carson grins. “I’m sure yer brother will explain everything.”

Once Carson leaves, John looks at Dave with concern, “Scotland?”

“Yes, I didn’t have a choice,” Dave begins. “Your Air Force friends would let me take you to a better hospital, so I had to get the best there is. You were really bad, Johnny boy. I… almost lost you.”

John looks at him with compassion, “Thank you, Dave, and I don’t blame them for wanting me to stay close around her. Especially, if I was that bad.”

Dave sighs, “We both know that we’re not close, but I was really scared and I thought that I had to do something.”

“I understand, Dave. I really do, but my friends are my family too,” John explains.

Teyla carefully pokes her head in the doorway. John smiles as soon as he sees her. He can see that Dave isn’t happy that’s she’s interrupting, but John gives him a look to relax.

“I know you just go here Dave, but would you mind,” John hints for his brother to leave.

Dave reluctantly leaves and quickly sits down beside John’s side.

“I heard about you and Kanaan. I’m sorry,” John says softly.

“I am not. I know that he is the father of my child, but he is not the love of my life,” Teyla pauses. “You are.”

John squints his eyes in disbelief, “Really?”

“Yes and when you almost…” Teyla begins to choke up and tears flow down her face.

John reaches for her hand to comfort her, “It’s ok. I’m fine now.”

Teyla smiles, “And I am most grateful for that.”

----------

Between Ronon, Rodney, Sam and Teyla, John finally got the whole story about happened during the time he can’t remember. Teyla stayed every day, but Ronon and Rodney had to go back to Atlantis. They took Torren with them to let Kanaan have time with him.

John stayed for a few days longer in the hospital and he asked Dave to understand that he wanted to go back to the “base”. He promised that when he was done with physical therapy and everything else, he would come for a long visit. Dave promised to take a vacation so he wouldn’t have to worry about work.

The letter of resignation was never shown to General Landry and John happily tore it up. He wasn’t on planning to leave Atlantis any more. And as for him and Teyla……They lived happily ever after.

The End.

Spoiler:
              YAY...He's all better and they're together
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                Oh man, I am MONTHS behind on all the fics! I am SO sorry about that and will do my best to get caught up this winter!!!! There is so much talent here! That is AWESOME!!!!

I wanted to show everyone my new website!!! I am so excited!!!

www.loveconquers.net

Huge thank you to everyone involved in this project! I know nothing about making a website, so without the kindness of a lot of people, it wouldn't have ever happened. It's a simple layout, but I LOVE it!

Nick, Mayra, Camy, and Adam....THANK YOU.

Nick found me a server, set up the domain, helped transfer over way too many files, LOL, and is my general "go to" guy when I have questions. He also brought in his friend Adam who created the Homepage template for us. Without him, I never would have been able to start this in the first place.

Camy made the gorgeous banners and volunteered many of her icons to be made into buttons.

Mayra has been my godsend. She took over the layout from Adam and made it all happen. She tweaked the homepage template and actually created it and all the other pages. She also stayed up late with me, helping me rush complete about 70 buttons in 24 hours, designing many of them herself as well. She has invested hundreds of hours the past few months to create and complete the site.

I can never say thank you for all they have done!

And it's a bit of a miracle considering none of us have any idea on how to create or publish a website! LOL!

If you see any errors or have any suggestions, please let us know! (The coding for the back/forward buton and hyperlink for email is being worked on. Hopefully we can figure those out! If anyone knows how to do coding with Flash and can help, please let us know as well! )

I am NOT here to compete with other sites, but if anyone needs a home for any of their work, please let me know. Depending upon time and amount of requests, we can do our best to help!
                Ooh looking good!

Camy asked me to post my story Gone on Beya and I decided to make a fic cover. So, here it is.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...Gone-cover.png

Congrats to all the Icon winners. Fabulous jobs. I it was really hard for me to choose.

Here were my 4.

Gorgeous sci...Oh it was you who made that Elizabeth icon...I voted for that What won!

ummm lemme think.......HELL NO

Or maybe, "who's Jewel Staite?"

Sorry. Don't kill me.
                sigpic

Comment

Folks, we have got some absolutely massive sigs going on in this thread, too many for me to go about infracting every one.

The sig limits are:

no more than 200 pixels tall, no more than 700 pixels wide and ALL of it can have a file size no more than 50K.

I'm seeing sigs that are 2-3 times as tall as allowed, graphics that are 2-3 times as much as the limit.

Please, within the next 24 hours, check your sig, and if it's too big, please get it down to size. If you choose not to, then we'll snip and remove on our own to get things within our limits.

Thanks
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

77% of people have voted "No" in the Are you excited about SGU poll.

L.

O.

L.
                    85% now

It was 76% when I voted! On the up

Loyal fan who are too Old to watch have to be Loud to hear themselves

What....I didn't hear you!!!

lol hey I discover all a family in here. It means now you're a cousin of Linda too
                    I can live with that

In my universe of writing, who is your favourite person to see Carson interacting with?

A) Lorne
                    B) Teyla
                    C) John
                    D) Rodney
                    E) Ronon
                    F) Himself
                    G) Some unknown.
                    I can't believe i'm saying this but i think Rodney...I miss they're banter!

Lovely TF!!

and thanks
                    So here are my icons http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...llenge14-1.jpg http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...llenge14-2.jpg http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...llenge14-3.jpg

More lovelies!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      I can be slow at times but i'm learning

Does he really think so much sarcasm about it is gonna change our minds about Keller

Ooh thanks Camy!

Spoiler:
                      YAY...He's all better and they're together
                      Yep!

Ooh looking good!

Gorgeous sci...Oh it was you who made that Elizabeth icon...I voted for that What won!

ummm lemme think.......HELL NO

Thanks Linda.

Asgard won 1st place, Luci secon and TF most creative.

Off to do more pressies for Hope.

Comment

A) Lorne
                        B) Teyla
                        C) John
                        D) Rodney
                        E) Ronon
                        F) Himself
                        G) Some unknown.
                        bad that I see these three as siblings? I guess it is the way they act around each other.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Lovely TF!!
                          Thanks Linda.

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Yep!

Thanks Linda.

Asgard won 1st place, Luci secon and TF most creative.

Off to do more pressies for Hope.
                            I voted for the one where she's leaning against the wall and it's got Elizabeth written on it...It is so beautiful...It's simple but it's gorgeous!
                            sigpic

Comment

please don't bump guys. its fine to try and keep your thread off the second page, but instead of a 'second page' or 'bump' post, write something on topic please
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I voted for the one where she's leaning against the wall and it's got Elizabeth written on it...It is so beautiful...It's simple but it's gorgeous!
                                I'm not sure if that was mine or not. There's another one, but it's not colored.

If it was the colored one, the thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X