X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
    JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
    "My VFX spotting session for Broken Ties was moved to the afternoon. It went swimmingly - with the exception of the sword-drawing insert I’m going to need re-shot. They’ll be shooting the Sheppard-McKay cafeteria scene on Tuesday and, if all goes well, I hope to lock this episode some time before it actually airs.

We watched the producer’s cut of The Daedalus Variations. Alan did a great job on it. To be honest, I was worried about this script at the outline stage but it’s turning out to be a great, fast-moving episode.

Casting continues for Tracker. Alan’s third story awaits a spin session. And I have my Whispers production meeting

I, uh, can’t help but notice fans up in arms over the lack of Sheppard spoilers. They complain that all they’ve heard concerning season 5 is talk of Ronon and McKay. Well, there’s a good reason for that. Your source of information for season 5, so far, have been David Hewlett and myself. David, of course, updates you on what he has been working on - and his work usually involves the character of Rodney McKay. I, on the other hand, have been focusing on the episodes I have written/produced: Broken Ties and Whispers. As a result, there has been an clear imbalance in the teaser department. But until any of the other actors or producers start blogging, I’m afraid that’s the way it’s going to be. I will occasionally mention what everyone else is up to (my mention of Alan’s work on Daedalus Variations in today’s entry, for instance) but, for the most part, I’ll continue to offer insight into what I happen to be working on.

Finally, in response to those complaining about an uneven balance in the types of stories being told this year - like last year, everyone will be getting an episode. The reason I haven’t discussed the Sheppard story is because, unlike Ronon, McKay, and Teyla, his story falls in the back half of the season. Ronon has Broken Ties. Teyla has The Queen. McKay has The Shrine. And Sheppard will have CSI: Atlantis (and possibly Hexed if we can make it work). Otherwise, the front half offers up some great team-episodes as well as episodes which go a long way toward cementing the bonds of friendship between our various players (Teyla and McKay in Search and Rescue, Ronon and Sheppard in Search and Rescue, Ronon and the rest of the team - but Sheppard in particular - in Broken Ties, McKay and the rest of the team - but Sheppard in particular - in The Shrine, Ronon and McKay in Tracker are a few that immediately come to mind)."

And he's got a pic of Fran up on the site.
    Thanx MrsB

Wish I had time to think it though but must sleeeep!

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    I absolutely love that sixth one!! Great!!
    Thanx Everlovin!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Ruby - "Almost There" is bomb!! I want an update STAT!

Congrats MAYRA on 1500!!
      Thanks MrsB!!!...now i just need about another 500 more and i'll reach 2000!...that is going to take me a long time! LOL!

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Tis not me There's an impersonator out there

asgard, yes the thumbnail thing is done through PB, EG and Sci explained it to me!

Anyway... bit of info:

S5 spoiler

*smirk slowly crosses face*

Well, at least we got some news about John LOL!. Sounds interesting too!...does anyone know what episode he was talking about?

Icon contest entries...

WOW!...nice icons Cazz!

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
      Title: Hope
      Summary: Hope, John/Ronon friendship, 'This Mortal Coil'
      Characters: John & Ronon
      Rating: K+

http://azure-horizon.livejournal.com/26254.html#cutid1
      I loved your fic Gater!
      sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        For MP day.

LOL!!!...had me laughing with this one Scifan!

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
        I made a icon hope you like it

I typed in wraithlord and got Barnacle Brain Finn then i typed in my real name and got Androgynous Mitch Scabb.
        Love John's face!..great icon wraithlord!

Just found this site, its gives you your pirate name!

pirate name

Don't ask how we got onto that in the whump thread

Anyway... I put my real name in and got 'Pirate Jackie the Staggering Drunk'

Put my name and my pirate name is "Cap'n Anne Peckerwood"
        sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Hellooo

I don't know if any of you remember the Sheyla Device thing... here's a refresher if you don't.

But anyway, after getting back into the show after my insignificant departure (lol), I watched Outcast and was pleasantly surprised to see Bates, the original Sheyla Device!

So anyway, I knocked up a new "report". Spoilers for everything up to Outcast.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
            I made some Icons..

Spoiler:
            You and Cazz are the icon QUEENS!!! LOL!...great Teyla icons TeylaFan!

Luuves Bones! American TV is so much better made than British! Thinks of Casualty and shudders

This has just been posted to JM's blog:

Spoiler:
            Hey Joe…..Ok i’m more than a little worried about the plans for Teyla in S5,apart from mentioning The Queen being a Teyla ep there’s been absolutely no news on Teyla whatsoever….Is she gonna actually have anything to do in S5 or is she just gonna be in the background again as per usual….I mean S4 was supposed to be this big arc for Teyla and it was supposed to be a great season for her but it kinda crashed and burned and went out with a whimper..

And then i hear we have yet another emotional tearjerker of an episode for Rodney,couldn’t we at least have someone else have the tearjerker and life hanging in the balance episode for a change…Don’t the others deserve to flex their acting muscles..

I’m beginning to wonder if Teyla is even in S5 for the most part or if she’ll be missing for half of it like she was in S4..

I’m beginning to feel that all the others are is support characters for Rodney,Rodney gets most of the limelight and Rodney saves the day most of the time…I feel like all Ronon and Teyla are there to do is look pretty and shoot and hit folks occasionally..

What about the plan to turn Teyla dark,i know it was planned for S4 but there was a chance to do it in S5,i mean she’ll have been through alot by then and it’s gotta take a toll,right?

I’m sorry but that’s just the way i feel!

I really hope all of this is unfounded!

Wasn't you was it Linda?

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Ok then the answer is
            Spoiler:
            maybes aye
            Spoiler:
            and maybes naw
            Spoiler:
            Ok i think i've teased you enough for one night
            Spoiler:
            Yes it was me......i just had to let my feelings out
            Nicely said Linda but something tells me he is either going to ignore it or say something sarcastic. I hope he answers your question sincerely and at least gives us something about Teyla in season 5.

Hang in there okay, i'm keeping my fingers crossed that season 5 will be good for J/T.
            sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Thank you sci,it's not that i don't like Rodney...It's just i want it to be a little bit more equal with the characters....I mean Teyla is probably the most under developed character on the show and you'd think they'd address this...and because Rodney seems to be getting all the limelight and the juicy stories i'm starting to resent him and i don't wanna but i can't help it!

Now i'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllly off to bed now!
              No, I do understand hun.
              And you know they won't give us hints of any JT bonding.

Originally posted by maffieg View Post
              Aww the pretties.
              Thanks Sci.

Woohoo ...so I'm the lead female kick a$$ alien chick!Right???

I know ..Almost sure I noticed the Almost.
              Alas, I'm a lone geek around these parts.

Ahhhh....wait, wait just let me put my eyes back in my head. Yep they are gorgeous.

That was really cool.
              Thanks Maff and NP.

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
              Hello ladies! I'm taking a break from homework.
              Hey Padme!!
              Waving.

JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
              "My VFX spotting session for Broken Ties was moved to the afternoon. It went swimmingly - with the exception of the sword-drawing insert I’m going to need re-shot. They’ll be shooting the Sheppard-McKay cafeteria scene on Tuesday and, if all goes well, I hope to lock this episode some time before it actually airs.

We watched the producer’s cut of The Daedalus Variations. Alan did a great job on it. To be honest, I was worried about this script at the outline stage but it’s turning out to be a great, fast-moving episode.

Casting continues for Tracker. Alan’s third story awaits a spin session. And I have my Whispers production meeting

I, uh, can’t help but notice fans up in arms over the lack of Sheppard spoilers. They complain that all they’ve heard concerning season 5 is talk of Ronon and McKay. Well, there’s a good reason for that. Your source of information for season 5, so far, have been David Hewlett and myself. David, of course, updates you on what he has been working on - and his work usually involves the character of Rodney McKay. I, on the other hand, have been focusing on the episodes I have written/produced: Broken Ties and Whispers. As a result, there has been an clear imbalance in the teaser department. But until any of the other actors or producers start blogging, I’m afraid that’s the way it’s going to be. I will occasionally mention what everyone else is up to (my mention of Alan’s work on Daedalus Variations in today’s entry, for instance) but, for the most part, I’ll continue to offer insight into what I happen to be working on.

Finally, in response to those complaining about an uneven balance in the types of stories being told this year - like last year, everyone will be getting an episode. The reason I haven’t discussed the Sheppard story is because, unlike Ronon, McKay, and Teyla, his story falls in the back half of the season. Ronon has Broken Ties. Teyla has The Queen. McKay has The Shrine. And Sheppard will have CSI: Atlantis (and possibly Hexed if we can make it work). Otherwise, the front half offers up some great team-episodes as well as episodes which go a long way toward cementing the bonds of friendship between our various players (Teyla and McKay in Search and Rescue, Ronon and Sheppard in Search and Rescue, Ronon and the rest of the team - but Sheppard in particular - in Broken Ties, McKay and the rest of the team - but Sheppard in particular - in The Shrine, Ronon and McKay in Tracker are a few that immediately come to mind)."

Hee hee. I'm feeling a little better. I know it's not exactly what I wanted, but it's a start. Hmmm no answer on the ATA gene thing though.
              And what's Hexed? Anyone??

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
              LOL!!!...had me laughing with this one Scifan!

Love John's face!..great icon wraithlord!

Put my name and my pirate name is "Cap'n Anne Peckerwood"
              I'm glad I could help.

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
              Hellooo

I don't know if any of you remember the Sheyla Device thing... here's a refresher if you don't.

But anyway, after getting back into the show after my insignificant departure (lol), I watched Outcast and was pleasantly surprised to see Bates, the original Sheyla Device!

So anyway, I knocked up a new "report". Spoilers for everything up to Outcast.

Spoiler:
              HyperCaz, you're a riot. I never saw those before and I'm glad you did an updated version.

This is to cheer up our JT shippers.

G'night all.

Comment

JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:

Firstly,
                And Sheppard will have CSI: Atlantis
                WTF??? CSI???? What the hell is going on in their minds???
                Unless........they MIGHT be meaning a "CSI" style ep- I mean, like they have to solve a crime like the CSI guys do.......

In other news, got to watch about 1/2 of "McKay & Mrs Miller" last night (enough to s****** uncontrollably TWICE at Jeannie revealing Rodney's first name is actually Meridith!!!! It's the first time I've got to see that much of it while it's airing. Usually I stop watching at the first ad break- but last night I got distracted, & didn't want to go!!!!
                It was a great ep- even though it was more of a McKay centric ep.
                Looking forward to "Phantoms" next week- a team ep mixed with a Shep ep.......gonna be awsome!!! (especially when I know Tey is gonna be spending some quality 1-on-1 time with him! )

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Well, at least we got some news about John LOL!. Sounds interesting too!...does anyone know what episode he was talking about?

WOW!...nice icons Cazz!
                  Thanx Mayra!

Think he was talking about...
                  Spoiler:
                  The Shrine; thats what is being filmied at the mo

Hee hee. I'm feeling a little better. I know it's not exactly what I wanted, but it's a start. Hmmm no answer on the ATA gene thing though.

G'night all.
                  Great WP Sci!

Prepare yourself Sci...
                  Spoiler:
                  I do beleive Hexed is the EXTREME SHEP WHUMP ep!!! and I can't wait for CSI:Atlantis; my two fave shows!

Comment

No, I do understand hun.
                    And you know they won't give us hints of any JT bonding.

Thanks Maff and NP.

Hey Padme!!
                    Waving.

I'm glad I could help.

HyperCaz, you're a riot. I never saw those before and I'm glad you did an updated version.

G'night all.
                    Awesome Hun
                    Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Hi all How are you ?
                      I haven't a lot of time so I hesitated to post because the last time I said so much stupidities. I will come see later all I miss but my day is better and better so I decided to express myself where I can You are warned don't read it's only rant
                      JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:

Thanks so much again and Linda your post was just too great.
                      Spoiler:
                      I think I regret my nice post No but once again I fear that Teyla will be in the background. I don't know but his post doesn't reconfort me. I know I'm stupid and I think I was oversensitive. But he said the first half was team oriented and yet he said the same thing for the second half of S4 and the team wasn't so much divided.
                      Don't read it I thinkI'm a little on the nerves now and to write this help me a little now I feel stupid I don't know what will happen but it's odd but every time JM try to reassure us I feel much depressed after

I have to leave or I will be late. See you later to see all what you think (I hope I depressed nobody ) Hugs
                      sigpic
                      Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

New art for you!
                        sigpic

Comment

Why,whatever gave you that idea yup,you guys are godsends!

Awesome job TF.
                          Thanks sci!

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
                          Thanks TF and love the icons.
                          Thanks WL!

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                          Hey Hi everyone hope i havent missed too MUCH been really busy but i managed to make this
                          Beautiful!

Originally posted by maffieg View Post
                          Lovely TF.
                          Thanks Maf!

You and Cazz are the icon QUEENS!!! LOL!...great Teyla icons TeylaFan!
                          Thanks Mayra!
                          *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                            Hi all How are you ?
                            I haven't a lot of time so I hesitated to post because the last time I said so much stupidities. I will come see later all I miss but my day is better and better so I decided to express myself where I can You are warned don't read it's only rant

Thanks so much again and Linda your post was just too great.
                            Spoiler:
                            I think I regret my nice post No but once again I fear that Teyla will be in the background. I don't know but his post doesn't reconfort me. I know I'm stupid and I think I was oversensitive. But he said the first half was team oriented and yet he said the same thing for the second half of S4 and the team wasn't so much divided.
                            Don't read it I thinkI'm a little on the nerves now and to write this help me a little now I feel stupid I don't know what will happen but it's odd but every time JM try to reassure us I feel much depressed after

I have to leave or I will be late. See you later to see all what you think (I hope I depressed nobody ) Hugs
                            I think the problem with JM is that he's let JT anf Teyla fans down so often in the past. He promises things and they never seem to work out. But then things he doesn't even mention are often way better than anything he's mentioned - and I kind of think that's a good thing because we're surprised by things we weren't expecting.

I think your nerves come from the fact that JM promises one thing, so we'll get another.

At the same time, though, the back half of s4 was pretty team centred. From TMC right through - the only thing was Teyla wasn't in every episode because RL was pregnant. The ones that stand out in my mind as NOT being team centric are: TLM, Outcast & Harmony... two of which were the Johdney show.
                            don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                              I think the problem with JM is that he's let JT anf Teyla fans down so often in the past. He promises things and they never seem to work out. But then things he doesn't even mention are often way better than anything he's mentioned - and I kind of think that's a good thing because we're surprised by things we weren't expecting.

I think your nerves come from the fact that JM promises one thing, so we'll get another.

At the same time, though, the back half of s4 was pretty team centred. From TMC right through - the only thing was Teyla wasn't in every episode because RL was pregnant. The ones that stand out in my mind as NOT being team centric are: TLM, Outcast & Harmony... two of which were the Johdney show.
                              I like to know snippets of things not exactly what is going to happen so that I can still be suprised when I watch the show.

Have to disagree on the back half of S4! I don't think it was team centered at all. As well as the three you mentioned there was Trio and Midway, they weren't team eps. Teyla wasn't in Trio and only for a minute in Midway *shrugs*

Comment

So JM has spoken!!! Season 5

Spoiler:
                                Well now was that so difficult.. and why couldnt he have said this weeks ago. DH has always had a blog so saying that we only know more about Rodney is due to DH's blog is nonsence... JM is the show runner..he knows exactly what is in store for each of the characters but he chose to ignore numerous Shep Fans requests about Shep is season 5..hmmmm.. yeah

It hasnt really made me feel any better. I guess deep down I knew that Shep would get featured a lot.. he is the leading man you know. But it doesn't alieviate my fears about what kind of screentime Shep will get. I fear he will still be the gun toting stoic hero or the eye candy for the latest hot babe of the week... and McKay will still end up with all the good meaty stuff where he gets to flex his wonderful acting skills. JM answer to the question about imbalance between the characters was just to say that they all get an episode dedicated to them..sorry but what about the rest of the season where every other ep is Shep/McKay focused, with Teyla and Ronon getting to do their one or two liners.. and he doesnt seem to think there is any imbalance.. I know a lot of fans love the Rodney/John show but sorry I don't.. I find the McKay/Sheppard interaction to be way overused and the majority of the bonding seems to be between Rodney and John and its beginning to bore me now. The spoilers for the Shrine just confirm that its going to be a Rodney/John angst fest again... sorry but been there and done that so ...YAWN!!

I wanted so desparately to see the others get to do some angsting or get some good dramatic moments.. can anyone think of anything remotely dramatic that Ronon or Teyla got to do over the last few years... except being the side kicks to John and Rodney... I cant even get excited that Shep may get some good dramatic moments in the Shrine because its all going to involve Rodney.. why cant John have something dramatic happen to him or have him go through something where he has the team tearing up and angsting over him.

I havnt bothered with JM's blog for a long time ..I just read the snippets posted here but I really think I should avoid it completely and just hope for the best because JM's idea of something good is usually the opposite to what I consider good.. He thought Harmony was one of the best eps of season 4

So it looks like season 5 will remain the John and Rodney show.. I don't think we will get anything of substance for Teyla or Ronon except in their token eps and then they will fade back into the background... Rodney will continue to snag all the good meaty parts and scenes and will continue to be the golden boy of the ptb... we have the Keller/Ronon/Rodney love triangle to look forward to and who knows what the writers have in store for John and Teyla.. I'm sure we will get some great moments between them but I hope its a bit more consistant than last season and I dont really want any spoilers from JM on them as I'd rather be pleasantly surprised... well I'm hoping it will be a surprise and pleasant...
                                Last edited by bluealien; 18 April 2008, 06:47 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X