• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maffieg View Post
    Yep I have seen some already
    Lovely stuff, eh?
    --Kate

Comment

Welcome to the JT thread, SheppAddictedFangirl!

--Kate

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
        Uh, that season of Angel was pants

Someone made a suggestion about the baby that I think might be the only viable conlusion...
        Spoiler:
        that they send the baby off somewhere for its own protection. At first I was like no way, Teyla would not do that! But the more I though about it the more I thought it was the only possible solution for the show cos then they could pick and choose when they baby was in the show, instead of having to force it down our necks because it wouldn't be believable that Teyla was without her baby most of the time. And Teyla wouldn't be as depressed as she would with the baby dying or being kidnapped!

hmm I suppose that could work
        Spoiler:
        ya know when I first head about the baby thing I was not to happy about it but I don't know...it must of grown on me or something because having the baby their no longer bothers me. I don't mind in the least if the baby stays (kinda think the guys would have the most fun with him on their off days)

Submersion Wallpapers... will be another post with icons because, as I realised in the galleria, there are too many for one post

Spoiler:

Gosh those are amazing.

Icons...

Spoiler:
        IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-2.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-3.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-4.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-5.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-6.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-7.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-9.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-8.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-10.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-11.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-12.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-13.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-14.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-15.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-16.jpg[/IMG] IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Icons/Submersion-icon-17.jpg[/IMG]

Dang...wonderful
        Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
        I just updated Lake Atlantis:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4143663/4/Lake_Atlantis

I had real trouble with this chapter, and I don't think it's particularly good, but it's done and that makes me glad! The next one will be much more fun to write!
        Finally

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
        The Woolsey/Teyla conflict:

Spoiler:
        I'm leaning towards agreeing with Sci... I don't think Woolsey would have a problem with John and Teyla - he had no problem with Jack and Sam and come on they were waaaaay more obvious lol! I could see it being about the baby, and then John getting all ticked off with Woolsey when he finds out...

That, or news arrives that something bad has happened to Woolsey's dog, and Teyla, being the kind-hearted soul that she is, tries to help him through the tough times.
        *gasp*...ohhh I'm not supposed to read...*biting nails*

just tell me he's not going to be mean to her
        Spoiler:
        Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
          Lovely stuff, eh?
          yes the gang here knows how to rock it!
          Spoiler:
          Maffieg

Comment

yes the gang here knows how to rock it!

btw, love your new icon!
            --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
              Congrats on all Milestone!!!!!!!!

Love all those..

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
              I'm trying to get through the voting too. I've done all the artwork, episodes, a few fic categories. I still have the rest of them and all the videos

How is everyone else's voting going??
              Voting yeah I knew I forgot something

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Well i thought you did a pretty good job explaining it and i really wish they would give us something about Teyla....The Queen ep,that's all we've got to go on........One freakin thing,and RL better be second in the credits after JF this time seeing as Weir ain't there and Sam's not gonna be there so she's really the only other lady left and can fill that spot,right I mean they can't have Keller in the credits before Teyla,can they

Ok now i'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally off to bed!
              You make a great point there Linda. I wonder if they would do that now.

Kinda OT-
              Spoiler:
              I just got about 50 or more new brushes for GMP! it makes me very happy
              *does a happy dance*

btw, love your new icon!
              Thanks, it's courtesy CB
              Last edited by maffieg; 12 April 2008, 05:34 PM. Reason: I swear it's age
              Spoiler:
              Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
                OT MrsB

Just wanted to say Wow!!!...just saw the preview for LOST at your site!!!. Very exciting!!!....can't wait till it starts!!!.

Oh and, also, i'm in the Star Trek Voyager camp, LOVED that show!!!. I also liked Enterprise...at least the last two seasons, nobody's mentioned that show so i might be the only one who liked Enterprise .

Congrats Maff on your 2,000 milestone!!! Awesome!!!

And Welcome to all the newbies!!!
                Aww Thanks Mayra
                Spoiler:
                Maffieg

Comment

*does a happy dance*

Thanks, it's courtesy CB
                  I'm gonna work on more GIMP stuff tomorrow, or late tomorrow morning, if i do end up getting to sleep before tomorrow rolls around!

It's pretty!!! That scene was great. The first time i watched it, I was like 'AHH!!! The sparks are flying, dive for cover!!!!'
                  --Kate

Comment

3700 pages!! whoot!
                    --Kate

Comment

JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
                      David writes: “Are the new characters going to reacurring throughout the entire season, or just one or two episodes?”

Answer: That depends on a lot of things. First and foremost = who survives the episode

SingsingandBeakman writes: “Speaking of monster personalities: how is Jason M’s prsonality really?”

Answer: He’s a sweetheart.

David Oulton writes: “Quick question…is David Hewlett as bad as what everyone says he is?”

Answer: If by “everyone” you mean yourself, then - no. I’ve never known David to be anything but great in interviews and the special features.

"Well, as expected, reaction to the Whispers casting news has ranged from excitement and anxious anticipation to “Hey, Joe. Couldn’t you cast anyone hideous?” Well, sure, we could have - but rather than basing our casting decision on looks, we chose to pick the best actress for each of the three roles.

I envisioned Teldy as a strong, by-the-book, leader; someone capable of leading her team into battle and going toe to toe with whatever is thrown her way be it an off-world mystery, an alien threat, or Colonel John Sheppard. There were a number of interesting candidates in the running, but after viewing Christina Cox’s late audition it was hard to see anyone else in the role. Those familiar with Christina’s work on shows like Blood Ties, Bones, and House know that she’s an accomplished performer possessed of a commanding presence. Exactly what we were looking for in this case.

The search for someone to play the part of Dr. Alison Porter proved surprisingly tricky. Although she’s described as a “cute nerd”, Porter is really the most nuanced character of the bunch. The only non-military personnel on Teldy’s team, she is in some ways her own little island - the most vulnerable of the foursome and yet, at the same time, the most dynamic given the circumstances. Nicole de Boer actually read for Teldy and, as we sat there watching her audition, Paul and I thought exactly the same thing: “We’ve found our Porter!”. Nicole is an actress who, I’m sure, needs no introduction, having been a regular on shows like The Dead Zone and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. She is someone we’ve been wanting to get on the show for a while now and we’re pleased the opportunity has finally presented itself.

Of all the characters, the tough, wise-cracking Dusty was the most fun to write - and the most frustrating to cast. The fact is, there were a lot of great candidates for the role and, in the end, it came down to two terrific actresses. Janina Gavankar got the nod on the strength of her ballsy read and wonderful comic timing. Those of you who may not be familiar with Janina’s range should check out her run as Papi on The L Word.

Over the hiatus, I pitched out the idea of introducing an all-female team as a means of addressing the male-female imbalance on the show. I would introduce them in an early script and whoever survived the episode could potentially be brought back as a recurring character. As Martin started work on the season premiere, Search and Rescue, he suggested he introduce one of the team members in his episode - a character that eventually became Captain Alicia Vega. Leela Savasta came in and delivered a fantastic audition for the role. Our reaction upon watching the video of her session was something along the lines of: “Hey, where the hell did she come from?” After 11+ years of Stargate, you think you’ve pretty much seen everyone in town - and then some young and talented newcomer appears on the scene. The last time we had a “Hey, where the hell did she come from?” reaction, it was a couple of years ago while watching an equally talented young up-and-comer audition for a two-line part on SG-1. We didn’t cast her because it was such a small part that we figured we could give her a meatier role later in the season. When later came, I called up our local casting director and asked if we could see her again. “Sorry,”he replied. “She’s shooting a pilot in Hawaii.” The pilot: Lost. The actress: Evangeline Lily. And, yep, I think Leela has the potential to be just as successful."

And any Lorne or McKay or plain old Whump fans head over and check out todays pics on JM's Blog!

CONGRATS TO THE THREAD FOR 3700 PAGES!!!

Comment

I'm gonna work on more GIMP stuff tomorrow, or late tomorrow morning, if i do end up getting to sleep before tomorrow rolls around!

It's pretty!!! That scene was great. The first time i watched it, I was like 'AHH!!! The sparks are flying, dive for cover!!!!'
                        heh going to make some artsy stuff aren't ya.

Oh Rising was my fave eppy and the cave scene my fave moment. I tell ya JT was just fire from there and that flame keeps on blazing.

3700 pages!! whoot!

YAY 3700 pages

Spoiler:
                        Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                          JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
                          David writes: “Are the new characters going to reacurring throughout the entire season, or just one or two episodes?”

Answer: That depends on a lot of things. First and foremost = who survives the episode

SingsingandBeakman writes: “Speaking of monster personalities: how is Jason M’s prsonality really?”

Answer: He’s a sweetheart.

David Oulton writes: “Quick question…is David Hewlett as bad as what everyone says he is?”

Answer: If by “everyone” you mean yourself, then - no. I’ve never known David to be anything but great in interviews and the special features.

"Well, as expected, reaction to the Whispers casting news has ranged from excitement and anxious anticipation to “Hey, Joe. Couldn’t you cast anyone hideous?” Well, sure, we could have - but rather than basing our casting decision on looks, we chose to pick the best actress for each of the three roles.

I envisioned Teldy as a strong, by-the-book, leader; someone capable of leading her team into battle and going toe to toe with whatever is thrown her way be it an off-world mystery, an alien threat, or Colonel John Sheppard. There were a number of interesting candidates in the running, but after viewing Christina Cox’s late audition it was hard to see anyone else in the role. Those familiar with Christina’s work on shows like Blood Ties, Bones, and House know that she’s an accomplished performer possessed of a commanding presence. Exactly what we were looking for in this case.

The search for someone to play the part of Dr. Alison Porter proved surprisingly tricky. Although she’s described as a “cute nerd”, Porter is really the most nuanced character of the bunch. The only non-military personnel on Teldy’s team, she is in some ways her own little island - the most vulnerable of the foursome and yet, at the same time, the most dynamic given the circumstances. Nicole de Boer actually read for Teldy and, as we sat there watching her audition, Paul and I thought exactly the same thing: “We’ve found our Porter!”. Nicole is an actress who, I’m sure, needs no introduction, having been a regular on shows like The Dead Zone and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. She is someone we’ve been wanting to get on the show for a while now and we’re pleased the opportunity has finally presented itself.

Of all the characters, the tough, wise-cracking Dusty was the most fun to write - and the most frustrating to cast. The fact is, there were a lot of great candidates for the role and, in the end, it came down to two terrific actresses. Janina Gavankar got the nod on the strength of her ballsy read and wonderful comic timing. Those of you who may not be familiar with Janina’s range should check out her run as Papi on The L Word.

Over the hiatus, I pitched out the idea of introducing an all-female team as a means of addressing the male-female imbalance on the show. I would introduce them in an early script and whoever survived the episode could potentially be brought back as a recurring character. As Martin started work on the season premiere, Search and Rescue, he suggested he introduce one of the team members in his episode - a character that eventually became Captain Alicia Vega. Leela Savasta came in and delivered a fantastic audition for the role. Our reaction upon watching the video of her session was something along the lines of: “Hey, where the hell did she come from?” After 11+ years of Stargate, you think you’ve pretty much seen everyone in town - and then some young and talented newcomer appears on the scene. The last time we had a “Hey, where the hell did she come from?” reaction, it was a couple of years ago while watching an equally talented young up-and-comer audition for a two-line part on SG-1. We didn’t cast her because it was such a small part that we figured we could give her a meatier role later in the season. When later came, I called up our local casting director and asked if we could see her again. “Sorry,”he replied. “She’s shooting a pilot in Hawaii.” The pilot: Lost. The actress: Evangeline Lily. And, yep, I think Leela has the potential to be just as successful."

And any Lorne or McKay or plain old Whump fans head over and check out todays pics on JM's Blog!

CONGRATS TO THE THREAD FOR 3700 PAGES!!!
                          Thanks for posting, MrsB!
                          Spoiler:
                          I didn't know that about Evangeline from Lost... do we know which ep of sg1 she was almost in?
                          And yay for girlpower in S5!! That's one thing Atantis seems to be lacking a bit of: awesome, hard core girls kicking some wraith butt!

heh going to make some artsy stuff aren't ya.

Oh Rising was my fave eppy and the cave scene my fave moment. I tell ya JT was just fire from there and that flame keeps on blazing.

YAY 3700 pages

yup, you betcha!

The JT fire will never die!

That computer smiley is the exact image of me for the past few hours!
                          --Kate

Comment

Forgot to post this earlier but it is a very lovely vid from auntnora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7dsjmHSWzI

check it out and please leave a comment she loves the responses.
                            Spoiler:
                            Maffieg

Comment

Thanks for posting, MrsB!
                              Spoiler:
                              I didn't know that about Evangeline from Lost... do we know which ep of sg1 she was almost in?
                              And yay for girlpower in S5!! That's one thing Atantis seems to be lacking a bit of: awesome, hard core girls kicking some wraith butt!

yup, you betcha!

The JT fire will never die!

That computer smiley is the exact image of me for the past few hours!

Well you should see me...
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              Maffieg

Comment

Forgot to post this earlier but it is a very lovely vid from auntnora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7dsjmHSWzI

check it out and please leave a comment she loves the responses.
                                That's a beautiful vid. angsty, yeah, but you know how i love angst
                                --Kate

Comment

Working...
                                X