Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    Title: Of Mist, Home and Popcorn.
    Summary: l’s_silence challenged me to write “John, Teyla and Popcorn”. This is the result. Post ‘Home’.
    Characters: John and Teyla
    Pairing: John/Teyla
    Spoiler:

John sighed as he flopped onto the sofa in the recreation room. He’d had one of those days; the kind that now seemed to meld into one another as another run of the mill day in another galaxy. He shook his head, smiling wryly. He sometimes wondered about the malleability of human nature when it came to survival. If someone had told him a year ago he’d be part of a joint civilian military expedition to another galaxy where Vampire like creatures wanted to suck the life right out of them, John would not have hesitated to call the doctors on them and have them whisked away. Hell, if he hadn’t seen that chair and the drone that fired from it down in Antarctica, he’d have called the men in the white coats on O’Neill, Weir and everyone else cooped up down in their little hole.

As it was, he was glad he never. They’d only been in Atlantis for a matter of months but already he knew that this was the place he’d been wanting to find for years. Despite the fact that they lived in a constant state of fear – like most sitting ducks do – John knew he would trade it for no other world in two galaxies. He’d found friends in Atlantis – in Pegasus – unlike any he’d ever had in his entire life but he supposed that’s what being cut off from home would do to a small group of people. He spent his everyday life with the people in Atlantis, he worked with them, relaxed with them. They were all his responsibility and it scared him because he had come to grow quite fond of some of them.

“Am I early?”

John looked up from his quiet musings and smiled; Teyla stood in the doorway, her usual combat trousers and tank top replaced with a flowing skirt and matching top. The earthy tones matched the colour of her skin but John couldn’t help but miss the flesh that had been on show to his mind only hours before.

“Not at all, come on in,” he replied and gestured to the spot on the couch beside him. She sat beside him, closer than normal, her arm brushing against his. He turned his head to her and smiled as she did the same.

“Your world is different to what I had expected,” she said quietly, glancing at her hands and suddenly he was alarmed.

“Well, that’s just my take on it. You’d need to really go there to get the feel of it.”

She turned and rested a placating hand on his arm at his alarmed tone, her smile capturing her eyes as well. John looked to where her tanned fingers stretched across his much paler one and he resisted the urge to lift his hand and stroke her fingers with it. He could say with absolute certainty that he was attracted to Teyla, the leader of the Athosian people. She was strong, wise and beautiful with just the right amount of spunk to grab John’s attention. Occasionally they flirted and for a while John had thought that maybe she felt the same way about him but he hadn’t been sure.

“I did not say it was a bad thing.” He frowned at that. “You have spoken of your world as a bad place, Major Sheppard, where the people turn on one another; a planet of war and deceit and struggles for power.” He glanced away. He hadn’t realised he’d painted such a dismal picture of his home planet. “That is not the world I saw through your mind.”

He looked at her again and saw the knowing look in her eyes. She could see right through him; see past all of his bull**** and he was glad. He knows that sometimes he gets into moods where he hates life back in the Milky Way but he had been bitter. Bitter and tired of it all. Pegasus had unleashed a new side to him; the leader, the protector – the killer. He knew it wasn’t all good in Pegasus. With hope came loss and there had been plenty of those; too many almost.

He shook himself from his thoughts when her hand withdraws from his arm and he caught her eye again, sharing a smile.

“Oh!” He said, remembering and climbed over the back of the couch, his hands gripping her shoulder when she made to stand up with him. “I have something for you.” He moved to the cupboard at the other end of the room and rummaged through. Finally he pulled it out and turned t her, relishing in the grin that slowly took over her features. “Don’t tell McKay!” He urged as he came back, pulling the bag of readymade pop corn open.

He heard her chuckle as the lights dimmed, felt her hand rustling in the bag on his lap and he smiled, despite himself.

“I thought the popcorn was finished?” She asked, tongue in cheek and John was glad of her humour.

“I was keeping it for a special occasion.”

She held his eye a moment longer, turning away from him slowly in an attempt to hide her smile. He saw it, despite her efforts, and smiled to himself. She sighed and drew her feet up beside her and John was more than a little surprised when she rested her head on his shoulder, her arm coming to rest against his leg.

“Is this a special occasion?” She asked with false naivety as John slung his arm across her shoulders, tugging her closer to him, sharing a secret smile with his shadow.

“It is now.”
    Aw!! Cute!
    *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Title: Of Mist, Home and Popcorn.
      Summary: l’s_silence challenged me to write “John, Teyla and Popcorn”. This is the result. Post ‘Home’.
      Characters: John and Teyla
      Pairing: John/Teyla
      Spoiler:

John sighed as he flopped onto the sofa in the recreation room. He’d had one of those days; the kind that now seemed to meld into one another as another run of the mill day in another galaxy. He shook his head, smiling wryly. He sometimes wondered about the malleability of human nature when it came to survival. If someone had told him a year ago he’d be part of a joint civilian military expedition to another galaxy where Vampire like creatures wanted to suck the life right out of them, John would not have hesitated to call the doctors on them and have them whisked away. Hell, if he hadn’t seen that chair and the drone that fired from it down in Antarctica, he’d have called the men in the white coats on O’Neill, Weir and everyone else cooped up down in their little hole.

As it was, he was glad he never. They’d only been in Atlantis for a matter of months but already he knew that this was the place he’d been wanting to find for years. Despite the fact that they lived in a constant state of fear – like most sitting ducks do – John knew he would trade it for no other world in two galaxies. He’d found friends in Atlantis – in Pegasus – unlike any he’d ever had in his entire life but he supposed that’s what being cut off from home would do to a small group of people. He spent his everyday life with the people in Atlantis, he worked with them, relaxed with them. They were all his responsibility and it scared him because he had come to grow quite fond of some of them.

“Am I early?”

John looked up from his quiet musings and smiled; Teyla stood in the doorway, her usual combat trousers and tank top replaced with a flowing skirt and matching top. The earthy tones matched the colour of her skin but John couldn’t help but miss the flesh that had been on show to his mind only hours before.

“Not at all, come on in,” he replied and gestured to the spot on the couch beside him. She sat beside him, closer than normal, her arm brushing against his. He turned his head to her and smiled as she did the same.

“Your world is different to what I had expected,” she said quietly, glancing at her hands and suddenly he was alarmed.

“Well, that’s just my take on it. You’d need to really go there to get the feel of it.”

She turned and rested a placating hand on his arm at his alarmed tone, her smile capturing her eyes as well. John looked to where her tanned fingers stretched across his much paler one and he resisted the urge to lift his hand and stroke her fingers with it. He could say with absolute certainty that he was attracted to Teyla, the leader of the Athosian people. She was strong, wise and beautiful with just the right amount of spunk to grab John’s attention. Occasionally they flirted and for a while John had thought that maybe she felt the same way about him but he hadn’t been sure.

“I did not say it was a bad thing.” He frowned at that. “You have spoken of your world as a bad place, Major Sheppard, where the people turn on one another; a planet of war and deceit and struggles for power.” He glanced away. He hadn’t realised he’d painted such a dismal picture of his home planet. “That is not the world I saw through your mind.”

He looked at her again and saw the knowing look in her eyes. She could see right through him; see past all of his bull**** and he was glad. He knows that sometimes he gets into moods where he hates life back in the Milky Way but he had been bitter. Bitter and tired of it all. Pegasus had unleashed a new side to him; the leader, the protector – the killer. He knew it wasn’t all good in Pegasus. With hope came loss and there had been plenty of those; too many almost.

He shook himself from his thoughts when her hand withdraws from his arm and he caught her eye again, sharing a smile.

“Oh!” He said, remembering and climbed over the back of the couch, his hands gripping her shoulder when she made to stand up with him. “I have something for you.” He moved to the cupboard at the other end of the room and rummaged through. Finally he pulled it out and turned t her, relishing in the grin that slowly took over her features. “Don’t tell McKay!” He urged as he came back, pulling the bag of readymade pop corn open.

He heard her chuckle as the lights dimmed, felt her hand rustling in the bag on his lap and he smiled, despite himself.

“I thought the popcorn was finished?” She asked, tongue in cheek and John was glad of her humour.

“I was keeping it for a special occasion.”

She held his eye a moment longer, turning away from him slowly in an attempt to hide her smile. He saw it, despite her efforts, and smiled to himself. She sighed and drew her feet up beside her and John was more than a little surprised when she rested her head on his shoulder, her arm coming to rest against his leg.

“Is this a special occasion?” She asked with false naivety as John slung his arm across her shoulders, tugging her closer to him, sharing a secret smile with his shadow.

“It is now.”
      *searches intently* Where's the angst, O Queen??

Seriously though, totally perfect Season 1 feeling, sweet and flirty.
      sigpic
      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Hi ! I'm new. First of all I like to apologize for my english because I'm french and I don't speak well english. I hope it's understandable and I won't say too much stupidity.

I'm a SG1 and SGA fan since the start for both series. I'm a Teylafan and I like the Sheyla.
        I an not accustomed to forum, this is the first time I post but I visit this site and particularly this thread since a long time and I find you are really nice people, fun and talented with your fanart.
        Thus I said to me (?) i would share my love of JT with you if you are ok.
        With this I let you because I don't understand all and the fact it is in english don't simplify things lol !
        Good continuation
        sigpic
        Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
          Hi ! I'm new. First of all I like to apologize for my english because I'm french and I don't speak well english. I hope it's understandable and I won't say too much stupidity.

I'm a SG1 and SGA fan since the start for both series. I'm a Teylafan and I like the Sheyla.
          I an not accustomed to forum, this is the first time I post but I visit this site and particularly this thread since a long time and I find you are really nice people, fun and talented with your fanart.
          With this I let you because I don't understand all and the fact it is in english don't simplify things lol !
          Good continuation
          Bonjour, asgard30! Como allez vous? (pardon my reprehensible French, please)
          Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
          "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
          sigpic
          dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
            Aw!! Cute!
            Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
            Cute....makes me want some popcorn
            *laura gasps for breath but is defeated by evil entity*

I AM THE FLUFF MONSTER!
            don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Good continuation
              English is my first language and I have trouble speaking it!!! So don't worry

WELCOME ASGARD30!
              Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
              &=AWESOME &Forever
              No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

I AM THE FLUFF MONSTER!
                GOD HELP US ALL!!
                &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Good continuation
                  Bienvenu! Bonjour! Comment ca va? Nous sommes un groupe parfois étranges...

Il ya deux semaines, j'étais a Paris!

Excuse my really bad french...

Comment

Good continuation

Welcome to the thread, asgard30!!!

JT Hug for you under the spoiler!
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

GOD HELP US ALL!!
                      Better than Roundy

Comment

I AM THE FLUFF MONSTER!
                        NO! *shoots the Fluff Monster and sets free the Queen of Angst*
                        Bienvenu! Bonjour! Comment ca va? Nous sommes un groupe parfois étranges...

Il ya deux semaines, j'étais a Paris!

Excuse my really bad french...
                        You suck, Gater. I can't speak anything other than, "Hi, how are you? Do you speak English? Thank you. And please."
                        Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
                        "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
                        sigpic
                        dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Exactly...CSI NY has managed to get it done and when I watch the show I barely even notice D/L.....I know they are together but the writers have made it sooo subtle that to the average watcher, you can barely tell but to a shipper you love it.....that is a happy medium that I feel many shows are afriad to tackle for either fear of it being too hard to write or again, fear pissing people off. But it can be done and still be rather exciting IMO.
                          I agree with you on that..they have balanced it very well... we get the scenes at times where people just know they are a couple...but it has never been done to much...Danny doesn't strike me as the lovey dovey mushy type either *lol* I like the teasing,, and all... and I feel they have changed their characters after getting to know eachother...she is more outgoing maybe,, living in the now.. and he has gotten a little softer and thinks little more now..it's not raging on like he is a one man army...*lol* and I also love that all writers and showrunners are talking about them and are openly DL fans just as Anna and Carmine is as well...

So it can be done..but as I said I guess it depends on the writers... if they really are able to write it...scifi writers that has never written any romance might not know how to balance it..and it will either be nothing at all or to much and cheesy... but we all know it can be done.. not all TV romance between main stars means the end of the show...

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
                          I made some JT sigs they're actually both the same sig but one is in black and white and the other is not and i hope you all like them
                          Spoiler:

Love them

Good continuation
                          Welcome to our fun and happy JT family.... don't worry about the english.. English isn't my first language either and I'm bound to make misstakes... any help that you need just ask and we will try our best to help you out with anything... you want a JT sig for example just ask any of the talented artists in here... they work wonders in here with artwork... and just join in on our discussion when ever you feel like it...

Once again welcome and I'm sure you will have lots of fun here
                          sigpic
                          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
                            NO! *shoots the Fluff Monster and sets free the Queen of Angst*

You suck, Gater. I can't speak anything other than, "Hi, how are you? Do you speak English? Thank you. And please."
                            *sucks in breath of air*

Thank you! *gasps* *gasps*

How do I suck? I think those sentences are formed correctly... it took me ages to remember which version of "etre" i had to use though...

Comment

All right, I'm posting this in here just in case some of you don't go to the Galleria or missed the request over there. If you have made any MPs since October, please PM me the links. I'm updating the site and want to make sure everyone's work is there.

Thanks!
                              sigpic
                              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                                I agree with you on that..they have balanced it very well... we get the scenes at times where people just know they are a couple...but it has never been done to much...Danny doesn't strike me as the lovey dovey mushy type either *lol* I like the teasing,, and all... and I feel they have changed their characters after getting to know eachother...she is more outgoing maybe,, living in the now.. and he has gotten a little softer and thinks little more now..it's not raging on like he is a one man army...*lol* and I also love that all writers and showrunners are talking about them and are openly DL fans just as Anna and Carmine is as well...

So it can be done..but as I said I guess it depends on the writers... if they really are able to write it...scifi writers that has never written any romance might not know how to balance it..and it will either be nothing at all or to much and cheesy... but we all know it can be done.. not all TV romance between main stars means the end of the show...

See the only scifi show, I felt, that actually handled an on screen romance well was Farscape....the romance was hot and at times was like wow....although sometimes it was bleh but most of the time it was great and soooo not anticlimatic when they finally did get them together....I remember when the ep aired where they had slept together, I was like "FINALLY" and "YES" and it was tastefully done. I mean the circumstances surrounding them were different but still it was an obvious point that it can be done.
                                &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Working...
                                X