Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
    Spoiler:
    This whole thing with Kanan is such a loop hole to begin with. It is sooo easy for her to say she gave it to him b/c we never saw otherwise. The more this goes on the more upset I am with how the TPTB's have dealt with this pregnancy. They didn't lay any ground work for it...even though they knew about it for a while. It is just all of sudden this guys pops up into her life and we supposed to buy into it. Granted RL's pregnancy was unexpected but this is tv...they had plenty of eps between the premiere and when we saw Missing for them to throw something in...anything not to make this seem soooo plot deviceish. We have gotten some good J/T stuff which is a saving grace but most of the other stuff is just meh.

and....

Spoiler:
    We all know what is holding her back; John. If she weren't pregnant with the man's kid I highly doubt we would be hearing about him evry 5 seconds that she is in a scene. I feel like they are laying it on too thick with that too btw. If he was just her lover and missing then she would still be looking for him but not as overly dramatic as she seems to be. I mean I understand that your child could be the last of your people but if you weren't pregnant and your people were missing would you still be looking for them? yes. I just feel like they have made the baby the sole reason she is soooo determined to find her people

I am in a massive ranting mood...can't you tell?

Totally understand and agree.
    Spoiler:
    Honestly they have given me nothing in the way of getting to know Kanaan for me to like him. Maybe if it was done differently although i still would want him gone, maybe i would have at least liked him and felt something for his character but nope, nothing.

Rant away all you want...love your thoughts!
    sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
      Title: Tainted Survival, part 3
      Summary: My conscience hath a thousand several tongues, and every tongue brings in a several tale...
      Characters: John & Teyla
      Pairing: John/Teyla, John/Eilzabeth
      Rating: T-M

Spoiler:
      Yep your definitely back and I want to see where you're going with this storyline...I have to admit it is interesting especially coming to the last part there..

Title: Tears and Rain
      Summary: He’s good at that; hiding behind things. ‘Lifeline’ episode tag.
      Characters: John & Teyla
      Pairing: John/Teyla
      Rating: K
      Spoiler:

To say the mission was a disaster was what John Sheppard would call an understatement. They’d stepped foot on the planet and promptly been ambushed by not one but two opponents. Firstly, the natives (ever fond of their slingshots) pelted them with a melange of fruit and vegetables, one of which happened to be a particularly orange-like fruit that had burst on impact with Rodney’s face; said face of the scientist had promptly swollen up but not before said scientist had promptly fainted from fright and the impact. The second had been the weather. The storm had opened up above their heads in the skies that had been crystal clear when they’d stepped through. They’d been soaked and cold stuck on the planet after an annoyingly accurate bolt of lightning struck the DHD and rendered it useless.

Plus, they weren’t due to check in for a few hours. So they’d hunkered down under some trees and bushes, waiting for Rodney to waken and hopefully not realise his face was swollen so he would stop panicking enough for him to get the DHD working. The silence was heavy and laden with sadness that John Sheppard did not want to feel. Teyla had shrunk off to the back of the den of trees they were using as a make shift shelter, sitting with her back to them, face stony as she stared out across the vast rolling fields. Ronon fiddled with his gun, using the bottom of his soaked coat to clean the already pristine weapon. And John – well, he’d just sat there trying not to think about what he knew the others were thinking about.

The rain had pummelled down for hours and hours and hours and they’d hunkered there for the same length of time after Rodney’s prognosis on the dud DHD. His hysterics had begun before he’d even really woken from his slumber much to the amusement of Ronon and John. Teyla had stayed where she’d been since they’d sought refuge and when John had gone to her side, he’d found her asleep. When the ‘Gate had sprung to life an hour after the team’s scheduled check-in, they’d relayed their situation and a Jumper had been sent to retrieve them.

John was glad that the natives didn’t have watermelons to try and bombard the Jumper with, or else the mission would have been even more of a disaster. As it turned out, they had more of their handy orange like fruits, which they’d promptly attacked Rodney with obviously having taken note of the poor scientist’s reaction beforehand. He’d thankfully remained physically unscarred, though he’d made it abundantly clear that the mental scarring would be with him forever.

It had taken them hours to dry off and heat up in the back of the Jumper and then the infirmary and then the briefing. Through all of which John could sense his team’s uncertainty, their apprehension, their grief. John couldn’t blame them.

As luck would have it, John found himself on the south pier, sheltered from most of the rain by the grounding station that had been fixed during the Replicators’ stay in Atlantis but still soaked none the less. Soaked and cold, all of his hard work at drying off and heating up gone in an instant. He didn’t mind, really. The rain soothed the burning muscles in his body, the coldness kept him from falling asleep to a world of dreams he had no care to return to. It washed away the pain, the dirt, the grief but John knew that the relief was as superficial as it was temporary.

He’s not surprised when the door swishes open, nor is he surprised when she stops beside him, silent and stoic, sentry like in her stature. He knows she feels his pain because she was her friend too. He watches as she closes her eyes, watches as the rain soaks her recently dried hair, permeates her clothes and sticks them to her body. She’s not protected by the grounding station like he is and as he watches her, he wishes he wasn’t protected either.

He’s good at that; hiding behind things. He’s good at knowing when to run and when to stay and fight. And although his mind is urging his feet away from her to the relative comfort of his own quarters, his heart over rides and he stays. He knows he needs to. He knows she needs him to. He doesn’t wonder how she’s found him – doesn’t think for a moment that maybe she hadn’t intended to find him. Maybe she didn’t. Maybe she’d come here for the solitude that the south pier and the rain offered. He knows she’s come here before, just like he has.

He steps out from behind the grounding station and the rain and wind hit him, forcing the breath from his body and he too closes his eyes, the breath he inhales speckled with water that drips its way down the back of his throat. It’s purifying and melodic being out here with her.

She sighs and he opens his eyes to look at her but she’s playing with the fingers of her hand, flicking a nail and biting her lips.

“It is strange...” She begins and falters, her face tilting towards the sky, blinking back the tears that coat her eyes. He nods.

“I know.” His voice is quiet and cracked, a small smattering of grief tainting his tone.

“I just...” She trails off again and he too fights off the tears that threaten.

“I know.”

Their disaster of a mission had been the first they’d gone on since Elizabeth had sacrificed herself to the Replicators. It was the first mission they’d gone on where they’d been debriefed by someone who wasn’t Weir and although John admired Colonel Carter for what she was doing, he couldn’t help but wish that it was Elizabeth sitting at the head of their briefing table, or that it was Elizabeth’s voice they’d heard when the Gate had burst to life.

And so soon after Carson...

He hears her struggle with the sob at the back of her throat and he is torn between wanting his solitude and reaching out to her. The rain thuds down onto the metal pier, the waves swell against the high edges of the city and John wonders if the city knows that another one of its children has been lost. Elizabeth’s – he chokes on the word ‘death’ and turns away from her enquiring gaze.

“It proves to us that no one is safe. No one is above harm.”

He nods but no words came from his mouth. He’s not sure what to say. He knows full well that each and every member of the expedition could be lost at any time – hell, they’d already lost some pretty prominent figures; Sumner, Aiden and most recently Carson. The pain from the last is still too fresh for him to process the pain from the most recent.

“You did well with looking after the city,” he says quietly, trying to change the subject. She smiles to him, he can see it from the corner of his eye and he too lets slip a small smile in return. “I never did get to thank you, or say... you know, well done.”

“You need not thank me.” She glances away and closes her eyes again and he could tell that she had tuned into the world around her. She did that quite often, just let the world float around her. It amazed him. He looked away and smiled to himself, ducking his head as the glimmer of normality struck him. It was the first optimistic sensation that had come over him in almost a week, if not longer. “It has been a turbulent time for us.” He nods, not trusting his voice to speak the words that are floating about in his head. “One of upheaval and change...” He turns to her as she trails off and he sees the darkness around her eyes, finally lets himself see that someone else is grieving with him. “I only wonder when it will be our time for some peace.” She ducks her head as her voice trails off and he closes his eyes in attempts to ward off his own onslaught of emotions.

Now is the winter of our discontent...” he mutters the line that has been floating through his head for a few days and he opens his eyes to see her staring back to him, cold and wet and he swallows the lump in his throat.

She regards him for a moment and he bows under her scrutiny. She glances away quickly before looking back at him, her eyes trained on his neck, nodding slightly.

“Strong words, though not your own.” He shakes his head and smiles sheepishly. “Shakespeare.” He nods again, surprised but she does not explain. He doesn’t ask her to. “I... we have lost many since our time in Atlantis... Charin was like my grandmother and I have been deeply saddened by her death. Since then...” She shakes her head and dislodges a few tears. She sniffs and straightens her back but still avoids his eyes. In a way, he’s glad. “Her death sparked a chain reaction it seems and we have lost many people important to us...”

“It feels like I’m waiting for the next person close to me to be gone,” he finishes when she drowns in her sobs.

She nods in a rush and her body folds into his, her arms circling his body. He’s startled for a moment by the contact but instinctively wraps her closer to him, taking in the scent of her that he’s come to know.

“I am glad...” She tries but the words melt into his chest like the tears spilling from her eyes. He wants to take her pain from her because he doesn’t want her to feel anything like he does. “I am glad you made it back.”

Leaving her behind had been the hardest thing; harder even that leaving Elizabeth but only marginally. Leaving Elizabeth had been painful to him but he can – he will – handle that when the time comes... but leaving Teyla behind had opened her up to a world of hurt she had not asked for. He knows her and he knows how deeply she cares for every one of the people on Atlantis, but especially him and Rodney and Ronon and Elizabeth. It had been likely that they would not come back and if he had... He doesn’t want to think about and pushes the thoughts from his head, concentrating instead on the feel of her in his arms; alive and safe and well.

For now.

“Me too,” he mutters into her hair as he ducks his into the wet mass and breathes onto her neck, breathes her in. The feel of her there and wrapped around him brings tears to his eyes that he lets fall.

She pulls back slightly when he tries to stifle his sob and he tries to turn from her but she holds his head between her two hands and urges him to look at her. She’s gentle, yet commanding and he can’t resist. She tugs his head down and he rests his forehead against hers, closing his eyes as he does so. It’s a gesture so familiar, so comforting and the wave of tranquillity that surges through him staggers him.

He doesn’t know how it happens, or why he does it but he brushes his lips against her, resting for a moment there before dropping his forehead back to hers. He opens his eyes and stares into hers, a small smile tickling his lips and, for the first time in a long time, he’s content.

When she returns the gesture, the taste of her lips sears across his mind and he knows he won’t forget the bittersweet taste of hope and despair that lingers on his lips long after she is gone and the rain has stopped.

He watches the clouds break, hours later and when he licks his lips it reminds him of her and them and everything they’ve shared, everything they’ve lost. It reminds him of tears.

Tears – and rain.
      Bravo!!! So sweet...tear are in my eyes...
      Spoiler:
      Maffieg

Comment

Here is my regurgitated thoughts on Kindred pt 1. Fleshed out a little more and a bit more coherent... (I think).
        Spoiler:
        I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would be - I think I was right about it being bigged up too much. Saying that, the second parts are always better!

For one, John's lack of reaction at first when Carter asked where Teyla was was a little concerning. Saying this, however there were those moments. The way he didn't react to her talking about Kannan can be taken two ways - he doesn't care, or he's got a really good mask. When he says "First sign of trouble" and she replies - TOTAL married couple material; her reaction and then his reaction to her reaction are all very funny. Then again when Rodney is talking to him about her first vision, and then when he goes to Carter "It's Teyla..." He doesn’t say one way or another whether he believes her or not but he trusts that she thinks it’s important and he’s willing to do this for her, even if it is just to ease her mind.

Then it's towards the end the John angst gets good when Ronon says to him "We'll find her". It's just so much a reminder of Teal'c to Sam in Paradise Lost and then Jack when Sam went missing. And we all know what that means! Then Carter saying about Todd coming through - for "you" - not the team but specifically John. If you check out JM’s blog, you can see that this scene he wrote was completely different and is so telling for John and Teyla. And then him telling Caldwell not to destroy the Wraith ship... sweet. His reaction is just so... scrumptious! It’s the fact that he’s willing to have Caldwell put the crew of the Daedalus at risk just so he can have a chance of saving Teyla that really shows the depth of his feelings for her.

As for the arc with Kannan! What has Michael done to her people?! Oh my god. That's a pretty nice arc - we knew that he was involved somehow, but transforming the Athosians is both brutal and brilliant! Obviously, choosing the Athosians is something that Michael didn't do at random. It was all to get Teyla to come to him because he has a thing for her. If you think about it, I think you'll also think the baby is a product of Teyla and Kannan caring for one another and it’s somehow played into Michael’s plans... She said she's known him since childhood.

If we go with the Michael intervention, I still think the child was conceived naturally and there is something about the fact that both Teyla and Kannan having the "gift" that makes it more susceptible to Michael's plans. The only thing is: what will he do to Teyla? Will he try and turn her into his queen? I think he'll try something like that, for sure. I think he knew she was pregnant; I imagine he's been keeping tabs on Teyla for a while now. Why else would he be so interested in bringing her to her people? I don't know... He’s a cunning wee human/Wraith hybrid.

As for the return of Carson... I'll wait ‘til next week to be a judge on that. I'm not so keen on them bringing him back now after re-watching Sunday. I only hope he's not a clone -and that seems to be the only explanation. I think he'll be a Replicator - it's the only thing "organic" to the rest of the season. I especially can't wait to see Rodney's reaction to this news.

And of course we know that John doesn't find Teyla so... I can't wait til next week. Hopefully all the action of the penultimate episode will be next week!

In regards to Kannan, I certainly think Teyla cares for him, whether or not it's love... I could perhaps see that, yes. And it's painful to watch. BUT she also hesitates to reach out and touch his hand in the scene where she is meditating, so I don't know. I think she wants to care for him more because he is the father of her child and if she hadn't been pregnant by him, she'd worry about him equally with the rest of them. I think I could have liked Teyla's Kannan... not the one he's turned into, obviously.

Was it just me, or did Connor/Michael look different??? He looks a lot thinner... maybe it was the new outfit. He looked a lot more human, too. Maybe he’s engineering his DNA to make him look more human – more like the hybrid he’s turned Kannan into. I love the Michael storyline – I love his fascination with Teyla and I love how they brought up how the two are similar. He feels he’s connected to her in a way that is unique and disgusts Teyla. As he said, he reached across thousands of light years to her... that’s got to mean something.

As for John being harsh on Teyla in the market scene... I think he thinks she needed to hear that. Maybe he thought she needed someone to ground her and it came across like he was being condescending. He was a little, but he’d already gone above and beyond the call of duty. He knows that they are spread thin because of the plague that’s sweeping the galaxy and he does mention that they’ve asked everyone everything twice already. I think he was just trying to let her down gently. To him, there was nothing there and he felt it was the best thing to do. I’m sure she understood that too.

As always, the JT moments were subtle. The best kind.

A good episode but it did feel like I was watching only the first half of an episode. Kindred pt 2 promises to be good.
        don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
          Pretty!!!!..i love how you have John's eye's kinda blending in with the background!

Thanks Mayra, I used the pic where Caldwell tells him that they lost the wraith ship...lost Teyla (hence the words)...
          Spoiler:
          Maffieg

Comment

How i was missing your fics Gater!. Great update and i love how the vision of
            Spoiler:
            Teyla in his dream of Afghanistan got him through it!..YAY!...now he just has to totally forget about Weir! LOL!
            LOL! Well, he won't for a while yet - sorry! Thank you, lol. I haven't been writing that much... my bad.

About the thing you mentioned... there's maybe something more going on there than meets the eye. Was it just a dream? Or was it just his fever? Remember, in part 1 (or 2 ) he thinks he recognises her... What could that mean?

Originally posted by maffieg View Post
            Yep your definitely back and I want to see where you're going with this storyline...I have to admit it is interesting especially coming to the last part there..

Bravo!!! So sweet...tear are in my eyes...
            Haha, yup! Back
            Why the last part, love? Something catch your attention?

And I wasn't sure about Tears & Rain because I wanted it to be a tag. Someting that would slip in easily. I was going to leave out
            Spoiler:
            the kiss
            because of what Teyla was talking about in Doppelganger. But then i thought... meh. Go ahead. Be fluffy.

Comment

A (what were you thinking maff)pic for the JT fans

Spoiler:
              Very nice Maff
              Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                Here's the next part of "Snapshots"

And is it Friday yet? I can't wait to see
                Spoiler:
                the ShepAngst and Carson...*sighs contently*
                Awesome update YC
                Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                &=AWESOME &Forever
                No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Totally understand and agree.
                  Spoiler:
                  Honestly they have given me nothing in the way of getting to know Kanaan for me to like him. Maybe if it was done differently although i still would want him gone, maybe i would have at least liked him and felt something for his character but nope, nothing.

Rant away all you want...love your thoughts!
                  Spoiler:
                  That is exaclty why he is strictly a plot device and probably won't make ut past the season premiere!! If he does...nother wasted character taking up space. . Wikipedia describes a plot device as:
                  A plot device is an element introduced into a story solely to advance or resolve the plot of the story. In the hands of a skilled writer, the reader or viewer will not notice that the device is a construction of the author; it will seem to follow naturally from the setting or characters in the story. A poorly-written story, on the other hand, may have such awkward or contrived plot devices that the reader has serious trouble maintaining suspension of disbelief.
                  Kanan is the apitomy (spelling?) of a bad plot device
                  Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                  &=AWESOME &Forever
                  No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

LOL! Well, he won't for a while yet - sorry! Thank you, lol. I haven't been writing that much... my bad.

About the thing you mentioned... there's maybe something more going on there than meets the eye. Was it just a dream? Or was it just his fever? Remember, in part 1 (or 2 ) he thinks he recognises her... What could that mean?

Haha, yup! Back
                    Why the last part, love? Something catch your attention?

And I wasn't sure about Tears & Rain because I wanted it to be a tag. Someting that would slip in easily. I was going to leave out
                    Spoiler:
                    the kiss
                    because of what Teyla was talking about in Doppelganger. But then i thought... meh. Go ahead. Be fluffy.

and a big Thank you for your fluffiness(???)

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                    Very nice Maff
                    Thanks Donna
                    Spoiler:
                    Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      That is exaclty why he is strictly a plot device and probably won't make ut past the season premiere!! If he does...nother wasted character taking up space. . Wikipedia describes a plot device as:Kanan is the apitomy (spelling?) of a bad plot device
                      Epitome and yes, he is.

A very bad one.

Comment

Thanks Donna
                        Lol, thanks.

Heh. I just re-read it again. The image od Rodney fainting because an orange splattered all over him makes me laugh, lol.

Comment

Thanks Donna
                          Np
                          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Ok this just popped into my head, when I PMed EG...My fave scene is the cave scene in Rising where shep puts the necklace on Teyla and I thought:

Spoiler:
                            What Teyla might of thought knowing that when someone gives another a necklace, it holds so much importants...even if it was already hers

no no I'm nuts
                            Spoiler:
                            Maffieg

Comment

Ok this just popped into my head, when I PMed EG...My fave scene is the cave scene in Rising where shep puts the necklace on Teyla and I thought:

Spoiler:
                              What Teyla might of thought knowing that when someone gives another a necklace, it holds so much importants...even if it was already hers

no no I'm nuts
                              OH!

You raise a valid point!

Score another for the Sheppard/Teyla fans!

Comment

Lol, thanks.

Heh. I just re-read it again. The image od Rodney fainting because an orange splattered all over him makes me laugh, lol.
                                :I get no respect

Spoiler:
                                Maffieg

Comment

Working...
                                X