John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can see yooouuu!
    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
        OH!

You raise a valid point!

Score another for the Sheppard/Teyla fans!
        A very Elfy Ditto!!!! and see Elfy for Squee Value
        Spoiler:
        Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by maffieg View Post
          Ok this just popped into my head, when I PMed EG...My fave scene is the cave scene in Rising where shep puts the necklace on Teyla and I thought:

Spoiler:
          What Teyla might of thought knowing that when someone gives another a necklace, it holds so much importants...even if it was already hers

no no I'm nuts
          very well observed and yes i think it would mean something to her i mean her Father gave it to her as a child and she lost and john happened to find it so i think that it would mean so much for her probably even more than she would let on as its probably the only thing she had of her father
          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

A very Elfy Ditto!!!! and see Elfy for Squee Value
            Hee he heee. We rule the Atlantis ship spectrum.

Go us.

'nother old MP.

Comment

Here is my regurgitated thoughts on Kindred pt 1. Fleshed out a little more and a bit more coherent... (I think).
              Spoiler:
              I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would be - I think I was right about it being bigged up too much. Saying that, the second parts are always better!

For one, John's lack of reaction at first when Carter asked where Teyla was was a little concerning. Saying this, however there were those moments. The way he didn't react to her talking about Kannan can be taken two ways - he doesn't care, or he's got a really good mask. When he says "First sign of trouble" and she replies - TOTAL married couple material; her reaction and then his reaction to her reaction are all very funny. Then again when Rodney is talking to him about her first vision, and then when he goes to Carter "It's Teyla..." He doesn’t say one way or another whether he believes her or not but he trusts that she thinks it’s important and he’s willing to do this for her, even if it is just to ease her mind.

Then it's towards the end the John angst gets good when Ronon says to him "We'll find her". It's just so much a reminder of Teal'c to Sam in Paradise Lost and then Jack when Sam went missing. And we all know what that means! Then Carter saying about Todd coming through - for "you" - not the team but specifically John. If you check out JM’s blog, you can see that this scene he wrote was completely different and is so telling for John and Teyla. And then him telling Caldwell not to destroy the Wraith ship... sweet. His reaction is just so... scrumptious! It’s the fact that he’s willing to have Caldwell put the crew of the Daedalus at risk just so he can have a chance of saving Teyla that really shows the depth of his feelings for her.

As for the arc with Kannan! What has Michael done to her people?! Oh my god. That's a pretty nice arc - we knew that he was involved somehow, but transforming the Athosians is both brutal and brilliant! Obviously, choosing the Athosians is something that Michael didn't do at random. It was all to get Teyla to come to him because he has a thing for her. If you think about it, I think you'll also think the baby is a product of Teyla and Kannan caring for one another and it’s somehow played into Michael’s plans... She said she's known him since childhood.

If we go with the Michael intervention, I still think the child was conceived naturally and there is something about the fact that both Teyla and Kannan having the "gift" that makes it more susceptible to Michael's plans. The only thing is: what will he do to Teyla? Will he try and turn her into his queen? I think he'll try something like that, for sure. I think he knew she was pregnant; I imagine he's been keeping tabs on Teyla for a while now. Why else would he be so interested in bringing her to her people? I don't know... He’s a cunning wee human/Wraith hybrid.

As for the return of Carson... I'll wait ‘til next week to be a judge on that. I'm not so keen on them bringing him back now after re-watching Sunday. I only hope he's not a clone -and that seems to be the only explanation. I think he'll be a Replicator - it's the only thing "organic" to the rest of the season. I especially can't wait to see Rodney's reaction to this news.

And of course we know that John doesn't find Teyla so... I can't wait til next week. Hopefully all the action of the penultimate episode will be next week!

In regards to Kannan, I certainly think Teyla cares for him, whether or not it's love... I could perhaps see that, yes. And it's painful to watch. BUT she also hesitates to reach out and touch his hand in the scene where she is meditating, so I don't know. I think she wants to care for him more because he is the father of her child and if she hadn't been pregnant by him, she'd worry about him equally with the rest of them. I think I could have liked Teyla's Kannan... not the one he's turned into, obviously.

Was it just me, or did Connor/Michael look different??? He looks a lot thinner... maybe it was the new outfit. He looked a lot more human, too. Maybe he’s engineering his DNA to make him look more human – more like the hybrid he’s turned Kannan into. I love the Michael storyline – I love his fascination with Teyla and I love how they brought up how the two are similar. He feels he’s connected to her in a way that is unique and disgusts Teyla. As he said, he reached across thousands of light years to her... that’s got to mean something.

As for John being harsh on Teyla in the market scene... I think he thinks she needed to hear that. Maybe he thought she needed someone to ground her and it came across like he was being condescending. He was a little, but he’d already gone above and beyond the call of duty. He knows that they are spread thin because of the plague that’s sweeping the galaxy and he does mention that they’ve asked everyone everything twice already. I think he was just trying to let her down gently. To him, there was nothing there and he felt it was the best thing to do. I’m sure she understood that too.

As always, the JT moments were subtle. The best kind.

A good episode but it did feel like I was watching only the first half of an episode. Kindred pt 2 promises to be good.
              Agree with your assessment
              Spoiler:
              John is known for his lack of reaction but I think in the end his reaction is going to be big.Yes they have they married couple down and as for Kanaan ...Nope can't see anything between Teyla and him.

Now Michael(gosh he is a sexy wraith Adonis)...yep they have something going on there but it is twisted because of Michael mad scientist factor. I do believe he knew and had something to do with the baby, just don't know what quite yet.

Personally I love when John and Teyla argue because they look soo like the married couple we talk about

Now onto Kindred 2...LOVE having Carson Back.
              Spoiler:
              Maffieg

Comment

Yay, seen Kindred! It was alright not the greatest but I enjoyed, looking forward to part 2, that looks amazing!

Kanaan was blah

And got to read through JM blog, it was really interesting
                Spoiler:
                and a shame the opening scene got changed but I can understand why. And if they included the metaphor of life is like a box a chocolates, this bit:

TODD: Our food supply has been so randomly tainted we have no way of knowing if our next meal will be our last.

MCKAY: It’s like a box of chocolates. You never know if you’re going to get the one with the mint filling.

Beat. They all throw him a look.

TODD: If by “mint filling” you mean a toxin so powerful its reward is a certain and very painful death, then yes, I agree with your analogy.

McKay should have then said: "Okay lemon filling then."

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                  very well observed and yes i think it would mean something to her i mean her Father gave it to her as a child and she lost and john happened to find it so i think that it would mean so much for her probably even more than she would let on as its probably the only thing she had of her father
                  Yes, it would be even more so. Which is the reason I saw a special bond developing between the two.

Go us.

'nother old MP.

You got that right!!!! JT ROCKS
                  Spoiler:
                  Maffieg

Comment

Yes, it would be even more so. Which is the reason I saw a special bond developing between the two.

You got that right!!!! JT ROCKS
                    It was that exact scene that got me hooked to these two

Comment

hey Elf Hun how you doing?

Comment

Title: Tears and Rain
                        Summary: He’s good at that; hiding behind things. ‘Lifeline’ episode tag.
                        Characters: John & Teyla
                        Pairing: John/Teyla
                        Rating: K
                        Sad, but very nice Laura.

We can see yooouuu!

Go us.

'nother old MP.

Some oldies, but goodies.
                        Spoiler:
                        How is hubby and you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                          Sad, but very nice Laura.

Some oldies, but goodies.
                          Spoiler:
                          How is hubby and you doing?
                          Hey! Thanks You know me and my sad factor.

Me and the boy are better since we came back from Paris... let's see how long that lasts

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                            Yay, seen Kindred! It was alright not the greatest but I enjoyed, looking forward to part 2, that looks amazing!

Kanaan was blah

And got to read through JM blog, it was really interesting
                            Spoiler:
                            and a shame the opening scene got changed but I can understand why. And if they included the metaphor of life is like a box a chocolates, this bit:

TODD: Our food supply has been so randomly tainted we have no way of knowing if our next meal will be our last.

MCKAY: It’s like a box of chocolates. You never know if you’re going to get the one with the mint filling.

Beat. They all throw him a look.

TODD: If by “mint filling” you mean a toxin so powerful its reward is a certain and very painful death, then yes, I agree with your analogy.

McKay should have then said: "Okay lemon filling then."

I wish they had kept some scenes too. I would of fell off my chair to hear the Ronon/Jack Sparrow bit.
                            Spoiler:
                            Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                              It was that exact scene that got me hooked to these two
                              Ah yes the beginning of JT love:

I can just imagine how significant that was for Teyla
                              Spoiler:
                              Maffieg

Comment

I wish they had kept some scenes too. I would of fell off my chair to hear the Ronon/Jack Sparrow bit.
                                hahaha me too.

I'd have loved to have seen the John Teyla one where she's like "I'm coming with you". They could do it to death and we'd still love it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X