John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy
    Okay...here it is....The Macarena...instructions and demonstrations and even the song...YIPEE...tell me when you already seen it and then we can all dance!

http://www.angelfire.com/al/aserio/macarena.html
    Oh this has to be the funniest thing I have seen...LOVE IT!

'Ehhhh Macarena' I'm going to be singing and dancing it all night!

*Starts to do the macarena when someone knocks into her...*

'WHAT?...Ahhh Steve what are you doing?"

*Steve in a white 70ish bellbottom suit starts dancing up and down the dance floor in a mock paradoy of John Travolta*

"Steve! did you get into my video collection again and put on 'Saturday Night Fever! We're suppose to be doing the macarena!''

*AG grabs Witchy's broom and chases Steve off the dance floor*

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

And I think the episode Conversion is very much like Broca Divide. The lead characters were playing out their real feelings for each other whilst under the influence of alien organisms. It's the first spark, a kind of "taste" of things to come, and although there was some alien involvement, you can't deny that fundamentally it was the choice of the character to do these things.
      I love that line...does my shippy heart some good!

I have not seen 'Broca Divide' *pouts* And I really want to so I can't really draw a comparison but thanks for giving us your view point.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
        Very good and valid points...I guess my take on it is that both couples seem very similar in the way in which they have this close friendship and professional relationship and at the same time they are developing these feelings that conflict with their positions...so, both feel awkward when place in a position where they may have to confront or admit their feelings...Sam and Teyla both understand that regardless of what they are trying to hide...their feelings are there and they are trying to keep it under wraps...if you look at Sam's sigh...she did it before while she was trying to explain to Jack her feelings...thus it was a sign of her putting herself in a sticky situation where she is confronted with a fact that she wants to keep under wraps..with Teyla it was a sigh of relief but she was also in a position where she was faced to some degree to face her feelings and to confront what she may not be ready to confront and by cutting Sheppard aside, she could do this...and not have to confront it..so yes, they are different, but I think that the underlying tone is the same...just my crazy insane thoughts...
        Yes, I'm not denying a parallel between the two ships, in fact, I am certain of it, but I do feel the situations were slightly different. As I said (or I hope I said), they're both having to carefully conceal their own feelings, as you said too, to protect themselves and their careers.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I'm hoping TPTB will learn from the Sam/Jack thing and not have it drag on so much

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
            I love that line...does my shippy heart some good!

I have not seen 'Broca Divide' *pouts* And I really want to so I can't really draw a comparison but thanks for giving us your view point.
            In brief, Carter was taken over by a virus that turned her into a neanderthal, and she went and tried to "seduce" O'Neill (she pinned him up against a wall). The scene, in some ways, was very much like Conversion.

But in both cases, although they had alien influence, it wasn't totally the alien stuff. Remember, it was very early on for Shep. The virus was probably just stripping away his inhibitions and forcing him to act on primal instincts at that point.

Comment

(Crawls back up off the floor)

Okay, now I just finished the last two pages and I'm pleasently surprised to note that the cure for the wraith's need to feed on humans is cured by a Pizza. Bravo Steve.

Caz I loved you vid, Witchblade, I'm in the process of downloading yours. The wild party that happened while I was gone made me laugh hard enough to fall out of my chair, but it was a great laugh, well worth the pain. I really needed that.

I agree that neither Teyla nor John wanted to go into what had happened, and that's why Teyla deflected to point away from him, eventually it should come back and they should deal with it (awhile down the road) I think that scene would be so cute.

(Raises Hands in Salute to all 80s fans)
              The 80s defy all attempts at mediocracy.

All right, off to give some green.
              Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
                I'm trying to find a song for a vid
                "A Man and A Woman" by U2 (I love that song.)

Don't worry- I'm unarmed
                Sig by Camy

Comment

Darn forum won't let me give any green, I'll just go sit in a corner them.
                  Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                    (Crawls back up off the floor)

Okay, now I just finished the last two pages and I'm pleasently surprised to note that the cure for the wraith's need to feed on humans is cured by a Pizza. Bravo Steve.

Caz I loved you vid, Witchblade, I'm in the process of downloading yours. The wild party that happened while I was gone made me laugh hard enough to fall out of my chair, but it was a great laugh, well worth the pain. I really needed that.
                    Perhaps you should stop my store and pick up one of my John and Teyla pillows before you read any of our posts...soft and fluffy...great way to break a fall if I do say so myself...

Yeah...Steve's a pal now...Thread Mascot!

And where have you been that you missed the party?

Comment

Oh this has to be the funniest thing I have seen...LOVE IT!

'Ehhhh Macarena' I'm going to be singing and dancing it all night!

*Starts to do the macarena when someone knocks into her...*

'WHAT?...Ahhh Steve what are you doing?"

*Steve in a white 70ish bellbottom suit starts dancing up and down the dance floor in a mock paradoy of John Travolta*

"Steve! did you get into my video collection again and put on 'Saturday Night Fever! We're suppose to be doing the macarena!''

*AG grabs Witchy's broom and chases Steve off the dance floor*
                      Get him! You go girl...I'm going to have to get you your own broomstick or let you keep that one and get Witchy a new one...

Okay....with much anticipation and with my heart pumping very fast..I give...
                      Chapter 5...please go read and review...let me know what you honestly think...and as promise..full of John and Teyla squee....
                      enjoy....
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/liv...592&chapter=5/

Now, I'm off to see King Kong...the original version...with Popcorn and Soda and lots of boys hugging and cuddling around me...SQUEE!

have a great night, all...I can't wait till I read your honest opinion....
                      sigpic

Comment

I love the macarena! can't believe people still do it! woohoo!

Comment

Helloooooooo

I finished my vid

to Wishing by A Flock of Seagulls (80's all the waaaaaaaay!) I do fade the song and it sounds choppy, but shippers won't care I think you've all seen the eps where the clips come from.

Wishing by HyperCaz

Someone tell me when the link expires so I can renew

Comment

Ack Camy...Your link didn't work but because I am so impatient I went looking for it:

Here it is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2639592/5/

Yea Tracy Jane Camy has us doing the macarena. 'Ehhhhhh Macarena!'

Caz...cool vid time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              Yes, I'm not denying a parallel between the two ships, in fact, I am certain of it, but I do feel the situations were slightly different. As I said (or I hope I said), they're both having to carefully conceal their own feelings, as you said too, to protect themselves and their careers.
                              Gotcha! Agree with you....

night all..love ya...I miss SP..Cpt. Ritter, Witchy and Mel again...I promise a little pic story tomorrow...and Cpt..I promise to post something from the Companion book..it's just been really crazy...are you girls still willing to help out? let me know please...
                              sigpic

Comment

Ack Camy...Your link didn't work but because I am so impatient I went looking for it:

Here it is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2639592/5/

Yea Tracy Jane Camy has us doing the macarena. 'Ehhhhhh Macarena!'

Caz...cool vid time!!!
                                Thanks, AG...What'd you think?

Hypercaz..YOU ARE EXTREMELY TALENTED! WOW!

Where are you getting the clips from season 2...? they are very good!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X