X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
    I totally agree with ya!! Somehting smells rotten in Denmark! LOL

Spoiler:
    On the other hand, if Kanaan were some sort of red herring, either a wraith worshipper or a clone or something to that effect, then Teyla would whole heartedly believe that he is father. Either way, I really believe Michael has something to do with all this! I also just get the feeling that they(and by they I mean the writers) are *telling* us way too often how hard she believes he is the father and she misses him etc....it is all a little overkill ya know?

Hey Ruby...you gonna post that fic over at ff.net? You should
    I will post it, I'm just not sure whether it will be a oneshot or multi-chapter at the mo, so I'll probably wait until it's finished. Which I never ever do normally - I'm the queen of WIPs. Well, joint queen with MrsB.

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    *cackles*

Ah Ruby! Tis true. When we Scots get patriotic, we became very anti-English apparently. You're comment reminds me of a joke.comment I heard/read/saw
    Spoiler:
    "Scotland supporting England over Germany in the world cup final?

Hell will freeze over first."
    Lol. Yeah, I know you get anti-English. We don't mind. We put up with your quaint ways because, basically, we own you.

Argggh!!! Joke!! It was a joke... STOP THROWING HAGGIS AT ME!!!

sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
      Sorry Thread momma, *hugs Camy then gets KO'ed* Oi!!

*comes to...* I have a challenge.....

Story but contain any of the following.....
      1. John missing Teyla's birthday
      2. Teyla and John having their honeymoon on Earth somewhere
      3. John (or Teyla) saying to the other, "Bad Dream John/Teyla?"
      4. Jack has to say at least once, "Ya Think?!"
      5. Has to have Jack, John & Teyla in it
      does that put me in the safety zone?!

Oh oh someone should do one with Jack,John and Teyla!!

Uh i'm not meant to be here *lokks from side to side* i'm not here,that's repli-me
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
        I will post it, I'm just not sure whether it will be a oneshot or multi-chapter at the mo, so I'll probably wait until it's finished. Which I never ever do normally - I'm the queen of WIPs. Well, joint queen with MrsB.

Lol. Yeah, I know you get anti-English. We don't mind. We put up with your quaint ways because, basically, we own you.

Do you know how they catch Haggis?
        sigpic

Comment

Believe it or not, I'm working on one! I re-watchd the Notebook cause I was gonna do it based on that...
          You know, I never did see that movie. WOOHOOOO! Can't wait!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Okay, I"m really leaving now....I"ll leave you with these cuties....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
              Okay, I"m really leaving now....I"ll leave you with these cuties....

Nice,,,Man your as bad as me, i was leaving about half an hour ago!
              sigpic

Comment

Camy,

Should a challenge be posted here or in Beya?

Doxy
                (who should be finishing that ficathon story instead of lurking here)

Comment

OT: did anyone else notice the actress who plays Larrin in the new Mercury Milan commercials? She's a lot friendlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    Do you know how they catch Haggis?
                    Wow, you must think I'm really stupid.

Everyone knows they use wooden spears.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, you must think I'm really stupid.

Everyone knows they use wooden spears.

Dang,i guess we've used that one too many times

I'm reaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy away to bed this time.....No joke!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Round Robin Part 2
                        Sorry, no Febreze

Spoiler:
                        Drip.

Teyla groaned as she reacquainted herself with her surroundings. The dim room was oppressive, pushing in on her from above, below, beside. Her entire body ached, her swollen stomach was cool from its exposure to the cool air.

Drip.

The sound of the water echoed through her skull, a vibrating cacophony on her ear drums. It sent knives spearing across her brain. She didn’t remember much, the memories thankfully vague. Her tongue was furry, her lips ed and when she tried to cough, she found that her throat was dry as bone. She groaned again and instantly regretted it as the sound seared across her skull.

Drip.

Slowly, carefully she sat up and gripped her head in both her hands when the movement sent her reeling. She could feel her brain pushing against her skull, beating for escape and she cried out, almost falling over from the pain. She felt hot tears push past her lids and drop onto her cheeks. She’d never felt pain like this before. Eventually, the burning sensation dulled to a throb and she squinted into the darkness.

Drip.

There wasn’t really much to see: Four walls, scarred with mould and water damage; a door, no doubt locked; no windows. Gingerly, she stood, using the wall for support when dizziness spun her world and made her way over to the door, trying the handle, although she already knew the outcome.

She let out a sob when the door didn’t budge. It had been expected but it was still entirely unwelcomed. She rested her head against the door and let a few tears slide down her face, a hand resting on her pregnant belly.

Drip.

She pulled back when she felt something wet drop onto her hair and she looked up to see the water gathering above her. She didn’t know if it meant anything but it was still something she didn’t wish to see. She moved back to the corner whence she came and lowered herself into the corner, hugging her knees with her arms.

There had been a time when she’d have pushed and pulled the door, battering it with her fists and knees but she knew she did not have the energy to do so now. Her body was weakened from pregnancy as well as whatever had been done to her; the short walk to the door had made her legs feel wobbly and her eye sight blurry.

She didn’t know how much time had passed before she heard the door creak and groan before swinging open, allowing a shard of pure white light slice across the room. She squinted at the all too familiar figure in the doorway and felt – not for the first time – the in her veins run cold.

Ah! I love! Could it be Michael or...
                        Spoiler:
                        Kanaan!

my ships

Comment

Oh you did NOT!

You do not know my political ways... SNP baby yeah.

Sorry for the OTness there.
                          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Here's the next part of 'Pretend'. Do you guys think that's an ok name for it?

Spoiler:
                            “That is a beautiful dress, Teyla,” said the woman standing next to Teyla. Her name was Oflian, and she was Chief Ivon’s wife.

Teyla smiled at her, trying to hide any feelings of nervousness. “Thank you, Oflian,” she said. “You look very lovely.”

And she did. Oflian was a petit woman, over a foot shorter than Teyla, and her bright blonde hair was streaked with grey. She had sparkling blue eyes and wore an elegant, fitted dress of the same colour.

Oflian smiled up at her. “It is time for us to go through,” she said. “We must wait for our husbands to find us. Then we may enter the banqueting hall. You and Colonel Sheppard shall be sitting opposite myself and Ivon.”

Sitting opposite the Chief and his wife – how could this get more complicated? She hid her worries behind another wide smile as they left the preparation chamber. They stepped out into the fragrant night air of the courtyard. Warm orange light spilled out through the tall windows of the banqueting hall opposite, falling over the women assembled there. They all wore dresses similar to Oflian’s though none were as grand. They stood in small groups, talking quietly together, and a sense of excitement rippled though the air.

Oflian smiled warmly at Teyla, and she allowed herself to relax a little. It was only a banquet, after all. She and John were fully capable of eating a meal together and acting affectionately enough to pass as husband and wife. Half the personnel on Atlantis already thought there was something between the two of them, contrary to what those who really knew them said.

They could do this.

There was a sudden hush a large door in one corner of the courtyard opened and the men emerged, but the women soon started to talk again, and crane their necks looking for their husbands.

Teyla looked as well and had no trouble picking John out of the crowd, as he was the only man not wearing a tunic. She smiled to herself, remembering their briefing earlier that day, after Sam had told them to go to the banquet.

“What should I wear?” Asked John.

Rodney and Ronon both snorted with laughter at John’s question, but he just sent a disparaging look in their direction and turned back to Carter.

“They said it’s a formal banquet – do you want me to wear my dress uniform or will a suit be ok?”

Sam quirked an eyebrow at him. “I think that’s up to Teyla,” she said with a smirk.

John rolled his eyes and glanced at Teyla, who was trying not to smile. She shrugged. “A suit will be fine,” she said to him. She loved the way he looked in his dress uniform, but she knew that he was not very comfortable when he wore it.

Now, watching him wind his way in between the other women in the courtyard, looking for her, Teyla couldn’t help thinking that she – well, he – had made the right choice. He wore a dark grey suit, a white shirt and a dark grey tie, and though the colours were plain the effect among all the bright colours that the others were wearing was striking, and she noticed that he was getting a few appreciative looks from some of the women he passed. Hopefully their husbands did not.

Teyla wanted to attract John’s attention but she knew it wasn’t the Keluran custom, so instead she stood still and kept watching him. He really did look good – it wouldn’t be too difficult to act as though she was attracted to him. Teyla smiled again.

Just as she did, John looked in her direction. She saw him do a small double take, and then watched as his eyes travelled slowly down her body, taking in what she was wearing. When his gaze reached somewhere around her knees he seemed to snap out of it, and made his way over to her, looking a little nervous.

He stopped just in front of her. “Hi.”

Teyla gave him a small smile. “Hello, John,” she replied.

“You look… really nice,” he said.

Teyla’s smile widened. “Thank you,” she said. “So do you.”

They smiled at each other, and Teyla began to feel nervous again. What were they thinking? This was never going to work.

Yes, it will.

No it won’t.

“I give thanks for you, Oflian,” came a voice from Teyla’s left. She looked over and saw that Chief Ivon had appeared and was standing in front of his wife, who was beaming at him.

“And I you, Ivon,” she replied. Ivon stepped forward and placed a lingering kiss on her cheek, caressing her shoulders with his hands as he did so. Teyla looked round the courtyard and saw that all the couples were greeting each other in a similar manner; with words of thanksgiving and a kiss.

She looked back at John, who had also noticed the kisses, suddenly feeling very nervous again. It would be small things like this that gave them away.

Suddenly John was stepping towards her, and his hands were on her shoulders. Teyla leant forwards into him as his head moved past hers and she waited for the feel of him kissing her cheeks, but instead heard his voice, whispering in her ear.

“Don’t look so worried,” he said, his hands tightening their grip. “It’ll be okay.”

Teyla nodded. He was right – even if she thought everything would go wrong, and she did, she couldn’t look like she thought that.

John head shifted back and he placed a chaste kiss on her cheek. Instead of stepping back, though, he leant forward again to once again whisper in her ear.

“Just pretend that you’re in love with me.”

And then he was stepping back, and Teyla was left blinking in surprise, and feeling a little cold as his hands dropped from her shoulders. He gave her what Rodney described as his ‘charm smile’ – the one he had used on her on Athos all those years ago – and jauntily offered her his arm.

Teyla rolled her eyes but smiled widely, and stepped up next to him, threading her arm through his. He smiled down at her and she leant into him, allowing herself to relax for the first time that evening. They could do this.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Dang,i guess we've used that one too many times

I'm reaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy away to bed this time.....No joke!!!
                              Good night Linda!

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
                              Ah! I love! Could it be Michael or...
                              Spoiler:
                              Kanaan!
                              I love your Into The Fire sig... ("You heard me! I said kree!")

Oh you did NOT!

You do not know my political ways... SNP baby yeah.

Sorry for the OTness there.
                              sigpic

Comment

Here's the next part of 'Pretend'. Do you guys think that's an ok name for it?

Spoiler:
                                “That is a beautiful dress, Teyla,” said the woman standing next to Teyla. Her name was Oflian, and she was Chief Ivon’s wife.

Teyla smiled at her, trying to hide any feelings of nervousness. “Thank you, Oflian,” she said. “You look very lovely.”

And she did. Oflian was a petit woman, over a foot shorter than Teyla, and her bright blonde hair was streaked with grey. She had sparkling blue eyes and wore an elegant, fitted dress of the same colour.

Oflian smiled up at her. “It is time for us to go through,” she said. “We must wait for our husbands to find us. Then we may enter the banqueting hall. You and Colonel Sheppard shall be sitting opposite myself and Ivon.”

Sitting opposite the Chief and his wife – how could this get more complicated? She hid her worries behind another wide smile as they left the preparation chamber. They stepped out into the fragrant night air of the courtyard. Warm orange light spilled out through the tall windows of the banqueting hall opposite, falling over the women assembled there. They all wore dresses similar to Oflian’s though none were as grand. They stood in small groups, talking quietly together, and a sense of excitement rippled though the air.

Oflian smiled warmly at Teyla, and she allowed herself to relax a little. It was only a banquet, after all. She and John were fully capable of eating a meal together and acting affectionately enough to pass as husband and wife. Half the personnel on Atlantis already thought there was something between the two of them, contrary to what those who really knew them said.

They could do this.

There was a sudden hush a large door in one corner of the courtyard opened and the men emerged, but the women soon started to talk again, and crane their necks looking for their husbands.

Teyla looked as well and had no trouble picking John out of the crowd, as he was the only man not wearing a tunic. She smiled to herself, remembering their briefing earlier that day, after Sam had told them to go to the banquet.

“What should I wear?” Asked John.

Rodney and Ronon both snorted with laughter at John’s question, but he just sent a disparaging look in their direction and turned back to Carter.

“They said it’s a formal banquet – do you want me to wear my dress uniform or will a suit be ok?”

Sam quirked an eyebrow at him. “I think that’s up to Teyla,” she said with a smirk.

John rolled his eyes and glanced at Teyla, who was trying not to smile. She shrugged. “A suit will be fine,” she said to him. She loved the way he looked in his dress uniform, but she knew that he was not very comfortable when he wore it.

Now, watching him wind his way in between the other women in the courtyard, looking for her, Teyla couldn’t help thinking that she – well, he – had made the right choice. He wore a dark grey suit, a white shirt and a dark grey tie, and though the colours were plain the effect among all the bright colours that the others were wearing was striking, and she noticed that he was getting a few appreciative looks from some of the women he passed. Hopefully their husbands did not.

Teyla wanted to attract John’s attention but she knew it wasn’t the Keluran custom, so instead she stood still and kept watching him. He really did look good – it wouldn’t be too difficult to act as though she was attracted to him. Teyla smiled again.

Just as she did, John looked in her direction. She saw him do a small double take, and then watched as his eyes travelled slowly down her body, taking in what she was wearing. When his gaze reached somewhere around her knees he seemed to snap out of it, and made his way over to her, looking a little nervous.

He stopped just in front of her. “Hi.”

Teyla gave him a small smile. “Hello, John,” she replied.

“You look… really nice,” he said.

Teyla’s smile widened. “Thank you,” she said. “So do you.”

They smiled at each other, and Teyla began to feel nervous again. What were they thinking? This was never going to work.

Yes, it will.

No it won’t.

“I give thanks for you, Oflian,” came a voice from Teyla’s left. She looked over and saw that Chief Ivon had appeared and was standing in front of his wife, who was beaming at him.

“And I you, Ivon,” she replied. Ivon stepped forward and placed a lingering kiss on her cheek, caressing her shoulders with his hands as he did so. Teyla looked round the courtyard and saw that all the couples were greeting each other in a similar manner; with words of thanksgiving and a kiss.

She looked back at John, who had also noticed the kisses, suddenly feeling very nervous again. It would be small things like this that gave them away.

Suddenly John was stepping towards her, and his hands were on her shoulders. Teyla leant forwards into him as his head moved past hers and she waited for the feel of him kissing her cheeks, but instead heard his voice, whispering in her ear.

“Don’t look so worried,” he said, his hands tightening their grip. “It’ll be okay.”

Teyla nodded. He was right – even if she thought everything would go wrong, and she did, she couldn’t look like she thought that.

John head shifted back and he placed a chaste kiss on her cheek. Instead of stepping back, though, he leant forward again to once again whisper in her ear.

“Just pretend that you’re in love with me.”

And then he was stepping back, and Teyla was left blinking in surprise, and feeling a little cold as his hands dropped from her shoulders. He gave her what Rodney described as his ‘charm smile’ – the one he had used on her on Athos all those years ago – and jauntily offered her his arm.

Teyla rolled her eyes but smiled widely, and stepped up next to him, threading her arm through his. He smiled down at her and she leant into him, allowing herself to relax for the first time that evening. They could do this.
                                "Just pretend that you're in love with me."

Ha! Like that would be hard! Great work, Ruby. I liked this
                                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X