Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
    Gah! Gater! You keep depressing me!
    How is that depressing? I thought that one was okay!

A little diff as it's from Teyla's POV... I hope it was okay
    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

So, have you guys seen this? It's the fight in Hot Zone . . . with lightsabers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow7YnhUZW9Q
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
        Title: Assurance
        Summary: As she stepped away, she felt it; the faintest whisper of skin against skin.
        Characters: Teyla, John, Conlin, Kanan
        Pairing: John/Teyla, Teyla/Kanan, slight John/Conlin
        Rating: K

Spoiler:
        When she stepped up onto the platform in the mess hall, she heard his low laugh rumble through the almost empty cafeteria. She felt a small smile tug at the corner of her lips as she realised that her friend was still there. It had been many days since she had last spoken with him – since the morning they’d spent out on one of the balconies of the main tower, in fact. She had spent longer without his company but she had sought him out purposely that morning as she knew she would not see him for some time, as she was to return to her people’s new home world to give birth to her child that day.

Then her step faltered slightly when she heard the girlish giggle that followed his chuckle and she cocked her head to the side slightly. As she rounded the corner, she saw him – them, actually – tucked away in the corner at a small table and she frowned. She did not recall ever having seen the woman he was sharing breakfast with before. She looked around the mess hall in hopes of finding another whom she could sit with but the room was filled with people she barely knew.

She turned back to them and saw him point at the woman with his spoon, a smile playing around his mouth, his eyebrows raised comically. It was a sight she had not seen for some time. She felt something tug in her chest but she pushed the thought away, adjusting her tray of food so she could drop a comforting hand to her restless son. Resolved, she moved towards them, listening as their conversation washed over her. She did not know of what they spoke but the way in which John’s face lit up told her that he was enjoying their conversation.

He had yet to notice her approach.

She stepped up beside the table and smiled down at him as he thrust a spoonful of food into his mouth, his eyes widening slightly as he noticed her, before looking away awkwardly, pushing his spoon into his oatmeal. He tugged the chair beside him out and smiled at her as she manoeuvred into it.

She looked to her other companion with interest; the woman was younger than Teyla, her hair was lighter and longer, a pony-tail tucked in on itself in a fashion that Teyla had seen amongst many of the women from Earth. She noted the blue colour of her uniform and assumed that she had come to Atlantis with the fresh batch of military personnel on the Daedalus.

John cleared his throat and Teyla slid her eyes to him as she picked up her roll.

“Teyla, this is Captain Conlin, she’s... she’s the new member of my team.” Teyla felt her stomach clinch at that but she smiled to the young woman. She recognised the flag on her arm as that which Rodney sported. She eyed her quickly, noting her athletic form. She’d known he’d have to replace her one day. “Captain, this is Teyla Emmagan, the leader of Athos.” She laid down her roll and extended her hand, which Conlin took eagerly.

“It’s a real honour to meet you.”

Teyla smiled and prodded her breakfast, suddenly having lost her appetite. She dropped her hand to her stomach once more and rubbed it gently. She really felt like she was ready to burst at any moment. She both relished and dreaded the thought of bringing another child into the world. It was a fear she’d shared only with John and she saw his eyes follow her motion and she was comforted.

“I was just telling Gill,” Teyla tried not to frown at the use of the woman’s first name, “about some of the training she’ll be... What the hell are you eating?”

She smiled at him sheepishly around a mouthful of roll that she hadn’t even realised she’d picked up.

“It’s a fruit found on Athosia, a few slices of cucumber and bacon.” She saw his face crinkle in distaste and she laughed slightly, thrusting it in his direction. “Would you like some?” He shook his head emphatically and held up his hands. “Surprisingly, it’s very good.”

“Well, you can keep it. I’ll stick with my oatmeal thank you very much.”

To prove his point, he stuck his full spoon into his mouth, munching happily causing both women to laugh. She recognised the glint in his eye and something tugged at her chest again as she realised he was showing off for the woman sitting across from the table. Teyla turned back to the woman and saw that she was grinning widely, her eyes fixed on John’s face. Teyla raised an eyebrow and glanced at John; he knew very well the reaction he was incurring.

Teyla dropped the remainder of her roll onto her plate and took a sip of John’s orange juice. She saw Conlin’s eyes dart to her for a moment before she glanced down to her own plate. Teyla thought she felt a triumphant smirk tug at her lips but she pushed the ridiculous thought aside.

“If you don’t mind my asking, how much longer have you got to go?” Conlin asked as she gestured towards Teyla’s stomach.

Teyla felt the smile tug at her lips again at the thought of her son.

“Very soon. That is why I came to find you, John,” she told him as he took his cup from her hands and sipped on it. “I will be leaving for Athosia in a few hours and wished to say goodbye.” She saw him nod, even though a frown appeared on his features.

“You know I – we – would prefer it if you stayed on Atlantis to give birth.”

She fixed him with an exasperated stare. She knew full well that he wanted her to stay on Atlantis where she could have ‘proper medical treatment’ but there were traditions amongst her people that would not be carried out on Atlantis. And besides, as she’d reminded him, he hadn’t minded the first time around.

“My people have had many children long before your people came to this galaxy. I am quite sure I will be perfectly fine.”

She saw the uncertainty creep over his face and she wondered where his new found concern was stemming from. Granted, she appreciated that her team, her former team, she reminded herself as she cast a glance at Conlin – worried for her safety but there were things that occurred that they could not appreciate. The birth of a child, especially a son – although no one besides she and John knew the sex of her child, not even Kanan – was steeped in tradition, a tradition that went as far back as her people could remember.

She watched him purse his lips and angle his head.

“I don’t know...”

He didn’t finish his sentence and Teyla didn’t continue it either. She felt a heavy atmosphere settle over the table as she leaned back in her chair, trying to ease the ache in the small of her back.

“Have you chosen any names yet?” Teyla appreciated Conlin’s efforts and she rewarded her with a smile.

“I have not.” She paused, casting a cursory glance towards John before smiling at Conlin. “I will know it when I see them for the first time.” She could almost feel the warm glow from his smile. Conlin smiled at her and Teyla thought that she could like her replacement.

The conversation continued around her as Teyla tuned out and listened to her body. Her womb flickered continuously, despite her soothing gestures and her back ached from the weight applied to it. Teyla heard him laughing some more, heard a few flirtatious words and saw a few glances pass from one to the other and she suddenly felt like an outsider, an intruder in a moment that she had wanted to share with her closest friend. It was ridiculous, really, and she knew it and yet, there is was, glaring at her. She shifted in her seat and, although he didn’t look at her, she saw John’s head jerk ever so slightly in her direction, saw his arm flex minutely in her direction.

“Are you all right?” His voice jerked her from her thoughts and she nodded without looking at him. “Are you sure? Maybe you should go see Keller.”

“John,” she admonished and he pursed his lips, a sheepish expression appearing across his features. She heard her name being called and she saw Kanan a few feet away. She felt John tense beside her, could almost feel the change in his manner as his body echoed the stillness in his eyes. She nodded to her husband. “I must be going.”

She attempted to stand but failed and from one eye she saw Kanan advance towards her and with the other she saw John’s had extended to her. He had moved so fast she hadn’t even seen him stand, despite his leg being in plaster. She accepted his hand and let him pull her up, noting how he winced as she weighed down his healing arm. She felt instantaneous guilt swim through her, and she remembered that she had not been there for him when he’d been injured so. She felt even more alienated than she had moments before. Ridiculously, she felt bereft when his hand let hers go.

As she stepped away, she felt it; the faintest whisper of skin against skin as his finger found the root of her aching back by instinct; reassurance that she would be okay; reassurance that he was there and that he understood.

In that moment, her son was at peace.
        Gator!!!!!
        Spoiler:
        You are killin' me!! Just Rippin' me to shreads!! I hate you yet love you at the same time!! This so Rocks! But, it is like rippin' my heart out!!! UGHHHHH! Conlin gots to go!!! Please do not take this personally because, the fic Rocks!! Elfie doesn't like to feel like she is being ripped to shreads when reading
        1-800-Iluv-JandT
        sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post

Wow that is so cool! I'm a total Star Wars fan...
          --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
            Wow that is so cool! I'm a total Star Wars fan...
            I know, me too! I thought it was really cool. Though, as one poster mentioned, John's behind would've been sliced off at one point in the video . . .
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
              Gator!!!!!
              Spoiler:
              You are killin' me!! Just Rippin' me to shreads!! I hate you yet love you at the same time!! This so Rocks! But, it is like rippin' my heart out!!! UGHHHHH! Conlin gots to go!!! Please do not take this personally because, the fic Rocks!! Elfie doesn't like to feel like she is being ripped to shreads when reading
              hahaha! Thanks Elfie
              Spoiler:
              Conlin might stay a while, the muse doesn't know.

Sorreeee

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                Made this banner for SOW-
                Spoiler:

TF! If you're online, I'm working on the fic. You're a very patient person, so I fully permit you to slap me 'round the face a few times after all this waiting . But my fic WILL be up!

How's everyone doing tonight? My day was this:
                Spoiler:
                BLEH :-(
                I love your banner, but if you want to use it
                Spoiler:
                I'd take SOW off of it. So no one knows, it's a spoiler thing.
                But otherwise you should be able to use it after it's removed.

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                Just thought of something.
                Would that something you're making- would you mind using pics from SOW, I'm thinking the hug??? And that other hug from earlier in the season (just outside his quarters- have no idea what ep thats from).

And about my problem- this is only Round One offers. I have no offers yet.
                Round 2 is out by the end of January, & instead of jumping into things right now, I'd rather wait to see what happens then, before making huge decisions.
                But my dreams are already shattered- they were so long ago.
                I knew that even if I put all effort into my exams, I just wouldn't get the enter I needed (I wanted to do a Film & TV course). I had a subject that I wasn't good at on the theory side (Studio Art)- it didn't help that it always gets scaled down horribly.
                Then I got a crappy enter- almost dead center on the scaling (almost 50, not quite though), & was forced to re-think over my preferences.
                And now that I didn't get any offers, I've got to re-think things ALL OVER AGAIN.
                God- if you guys could see me right now....I've got tears swelling up in my eys, a nose that's starting to run.....
                And, my best friend is away in Hong Kong, holidaying with family, so I don't have her to comfort me......

Just knowing you are all there to help me through is something I'll remember till this is over.
                And me & my family are heading off on holiday down to the beach on Saturday- I'm looking forward to that, for its becoming more like an escape from this mess. I'll be gone till the first weekend of Feb (coming home 2nd Feb)- there wont be internet for me during that time, but please feel free to post comments for me, as I'll see them when I get back.

I'm gonna go eat some lunch. But I'll check back here later.
                Thanks once again all.
                Laura.
                Oh Hun. I picked the best 4 caps I can think of that might cheer you up.
                I'm so bad with words when it comes to this, but always know we are here and we care about you.

That is so cool.
                Oh man!!! I'm drawing a plank. Who would come in and give us those cool pic with the lightsabers? They would love it.
                Was it Pajus???

Laura give me a sec to read your fic.
                BRB

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                  That is so cool.
                  Oh man!!! I'm drawing a plank. Who would come in and give us those cool pic with the lightsabers? They would love it.
                  Was it Pajus???
                  Yep, it was! BTW, what kind of a plank were you drawing? I have some pencils and paper if you need them.
                  || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

hahaha! Thanks Elfie
                    Spoiler:
                    Conlin might stay a while, the muse doesn't know.

Sorreeee
                    Spoiler:
                    Y'know me and the muse could have a chat...Elfie style!! If you know what I mean! I wouldn't have any problem the muses' attitude at all! Funny, How I'm really good at those types of issues....

Of course, I mean all with lots of love!!
                    1-800-Iluv-JandT
                    sig by Sci!

Comment

I know, me too! I thought it was really cool. Though, as one poster mentioned, John's behind would've been sliced off at one point in the video . . .
                      I know! that's why we don't trust Teyla any lightsabers...lol!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      I love your banner, but if you want to use it
                      Spoiler:
                      I'd take SOW off of it. So no one knows, it's a spoiler thing.
                      But otherwise you should be able to use it after it's removed.
                      Thanks dude!

Goodnight everyone! *yawn*
                      --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Y'know me and the muse could have a chat...Elfie style!! If you know what I mean! I wouldn't have any problem the muses' attitude at all! Funny, How I'm really good at those types of issues....

Of course, I mean all with lots of love!!
                        I'll be sure to send Clarins over so you can have your little chat.

I have to warn you though, he has a mind of his own - those purple fire breathing dragons can be quite stubborn when they wanna be

Comment

Gater, you are killing me! first Nancy, Now Conlin....These two have to end up together...Gosh, if I was Teyla I would have slapped the crap out of him...Yeah, yeah, I know but still I would have slapped the crap out of him!
                          sigpic

Comment

Summary: As she stepped away, she felt it; the faintest whisper of skin against skin.

Spoiler:
                            When she stepped up onto the platform in the mess hall, she heard his low laugh rumble through the almost empty cafeteria. She felt a small smile tug at the corner of her lips as she realised that her friend was still there. It had been many days since she had last spoken with him – since the morning they’d spent out on one of the balconies of the main tower, in fact. She had spent longer without his company but she had sought him out purposely that morning as she knew she would not see him for some time, as she was to return to her people’s new home world to give birth to her child that day.

Then her step faltered slightly when she heard the girlish giggle that followed his chuckle and she cocked her head to the side slightly. As she rounded the corner, she saw him – them, actually – tucked away in the corner at a small table and she frowned. She did not recall ever having seen the woman he was sharing breakfast with before. She looked around the mess hall in hopes of finding another whom she could sit with but the room was filled with people she barely knew.

She turned back to them and saw him point at the woman with his spoon, a smile playing around his mouth, his eyebrows raised comically. It was a sight she had not seen for some time. She felt something tug in her chest but she pushed the thought away, adjusting her tray of food so she could drop a comforting hand to her restless son. Resolved, she moved towards them, listening as their conversation washed over her. She did not know of what they spoke but the way in which John’s face lit up told her that he was enjoying their conversation.

She stepped up beside the table and smiled down at him as he thrust a spoonful of food into his mouth, his eyes widening slightly as he noticed her, before looking away awkwardly, pushing his spoon into his oatmeal. He tugged the chair beside him out and smiled at her as she manoeuvred into it.

She looked to her other companion with interest; the woman was younger than Teyla, her hair was lighter and longer, a pony-tail tucked in on itself in a fashion that Teyla had seen amongst many of the women from Earth. She noted the blue colour of her uniform and assumed that she had come to Atlantis with the fresh batch of military personnel on the Daedalus.

John cleared his throat and Teyla slid her eyes to him as she picked up her roll.

“Teyla, this is Captain Conlin, she’s... she’s the new member of my team.” Teyla felt her stomach clinch at that but she smiled to the young woman. She recognised the flag on her arm as that which Rodney sported. She eyed her quickly, noting her athletic form. She’d known he’d have to replace her one day. “Captain, this is Teyla Emmagan, the leader of Athos.” She laid down her roll and extended her hand, which Conlin took eagerly.

Teyla smiled and prodded her breakfast, suddenly having lost her appetite. She dropped her hand to her stomach once more and rubbed it gently. She really felt like she was ready to burst at any moment. She both relished and dreaded the thought of bringing another child into the world. It was a fear she’d shared only with John and she saw his eyes follow her motion and she was comforted.

“I was just telling Gill,” Teyla tried not to frown at the use of the woman’s first name, “about some of the training she’ll be... What the hell are you eating?”

She smiled at him sheepishly around a mouthful of roll that she hadn’t even realised she’d picked up.

“It’s a fruit found on Athosia, a few slices of cucumber and bacon.” She saw his face crinkle in distaste and she laughed slightly, thrusting it in his direction. “Would you like some?” He shook his head emphatically and held up his hands. “Surprisingly, it’s very good.”

To prove his point, he stuck his full spoon into his mouth, munching happily causing both women to laugh. She recognised the glint in his eye and something tugged at her chest again as she realised he was showing off for the woman sitting across from the table. Teyla turned back to the woman and saw that she was grinning widely, her eyes fixed on John’s face. Teyla raised an eyebrow and glanced at John; he knew very well the reaction he was incurring.

Teyla dropped the remainder of her roll onto her plate and took a sip of John’s orange juice. She saw Conlin’s eyes dart to her for a moment before she glanced down to her own plate. Teyla thought she felt a triumphant smirk tug at her lips but she pushed the ridiculous thought aside.

“If you don’t mind my asking, how much longer have you got to go?” Conlin asked as she gestured towards Teyla’s stomach.

“Very soon. That is why I came to find you, John,” she told him as he took his cup from her hands and sipped on it. “I will be leaving for Athosia in a few hours and wished to say goodbye.” She saw him nod, even though a frown appeared on his features.

She fixed him with an exasperated stare. She knew full well that he wanted her to stay on Atlantis where she could have ‘proper medical treatment’ but there were traditions amongst her people that would not be carried out on Atlantis. And besides, as she’d reminded him, he hadn’t minded the first time around.

“My people have had many children long before your people came to this galaxy. I am quite sure I will be perfectly fine.”

She saw the uncertainty creep over his face and she wondered where his new found concern was stemming from. Granted, she appreciated that her team, her former team, she reminded herself as she cast a glance at Conlin – worried for her safety but there were things that occurred that they could not appreciate. The birth of a child, especially a son – although no one besides she and John knew the sex of her child, not even Kanan – was steeped in tradition, a tradition that went as far back as her people could remember.

“I don’t know...”

He didn’t finish his sentence and Teyla didn’t continue it either. She felt a heavy atmosphere settle over the table as she leaned back in her chair, trying to ease the ache in the small of her back.

“Have you chosen any names yet?” Teyla appreciated Conlin’s efforts and she rewarded her with a smile.

“I have not.” She paused, casting a cursory glance towards John before smiling at Conlin. “I will know it when I see them for the first time.” She could almost feel the warm glow from his smile. Conlin smiled at her and Teyla thought that she could like her replacement.

The conversation continued around her as Teyla tuned out and listened to her body. Her womb flickered continuously, despite her soothing gestures and her back ached from the weight applied to it. Teyla heard him laughing some more, heard a few flirtatious words and saw a few glances pass from one to the other and she suddenly felt like an outsider, an intruder in a moment that she had wanted to share with her closest friend. It was ridiculous, really, and she knew it and yet, there is was, glaring at her. She shifted in her seat and, although he didn’t look at her, she saw John’s head jerk ever so slightly in her direction, saw his arm flex minutely in her direction.

“Are you all right?” His voice jerked her from her thoughts and she nodded without looking at him. “Are you sure? Maybe you should go see Keller.”

“John,” she admonished and he pursed his lips, a sheepish expression appearing across his features. She heard her name being called and she saw Kanan a few feet away. She felt John tense beside her, could almost feel the change in his manner as his body echoed the stillness in his eyes. She nodded to her husband. “I must be going.”

She attempted to stand but failed and from one eye she saw Kanan advance towards her and with the other she saw John’s had extended to her. He had moved so fast she hadn’t even seen him stand, despite his leg being in plaster. She accepted his hand and let him pull her up, noting how he winced as she weighed down his healing arm. She felt instantaneous guilt swim through her, and she remembered that she had not been there for him when he’d been injured so. She felt even more alienated than she had moments before. Ridiculously, she felt bereft when his hand let hers go.

As she stepped away, she felt it; the faintest whisper of skin against skin as his finger found the root of her aching back by instinct; reassurance that she would be okay; reassurance that he was there and that he understood.

Awwwwww!!!.
                            That was so beautiful.

Comment

Guess what!!!! I feel like everybody needs some love and.....

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

1-800-Iluv-JandT
                              sig by Sci!

Comment

Spoiler:

“I don’t know...”

AH! you write angst like no other Gater!
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm so not liking this Conlin chick! LOL!. Well if it helps Teyla and John come to there senses, then i guess i can except her for a while! LOL!. You are sooo going to give me a heart attack with this fic!.
                                sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Working...
                                X