John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy View Post
    HI RUBs....aw, nice and comfy in the room....good girl...

Now, stop it and give us your point of view. I couldn't read everyone's thoughts either, just too much to go back to and would never catchup!

I"m interested!
    Hi Camy.

Okay, okay... SOW
    Spoiler:
    Well, one thing I loved about this was the sheer amount of JT in it... I mean WOW! I just said in the last chapter of my BAMSR story that I was thinking of doing a missing moments thing for SoW, but it's hard because hardly any of the moments were missing - they were all right there. It was wonderful.

I thought this episode was all about character development, for both of them. John was obviously still quite angry with Teyla - he's been avoiding her, as she states very bluntly in the locker room scene (LOVE the locker room scene!). He gets over his anger with her as he's forced to spend time with her during the mission, mainly (I think) because of his concern for her well-being. The way he's always watching her, so worried, is just so unbelievably sweet. Teyla taking over the Queen has to be one of my favourite Stargate moments ever - and John's reaction to it. I loved that he knew it was her straight away, and that he stayed behind to make sure she also escaped... it was just such a powerful moment when she said 'John, help me' and he just let loose with the bullets. Brilliant.

Teyla's character development was amazing - we see just how dedicated she is to finding her people, and hear of her insecurities about becoming a mother. From what I've managed to read, I gather that everyone is a bit puzzled by Teyla's lack of excitement over her pregnancy. Well, you can hardly blame her really. It 'just happened', so it wasn't planned, and the father and all her people have gone missing without a trace, so you can't expect her to be jumping for joy. Also, I think she's genuinely scared about how she will raise the child alone; the child who might be the last of her people. But, one of my favourite moments was in the balcony scene when she told John it was a boy - lots of people have commented on John's smile at the news, but did anyone notice Teyla's? If you want excitement, look right there. I think this episode really brought home to Teyla that this baby is someone she has to protect through being cautious. What I mean by that is that all her life Teyla has been a fighter, in order to protect her people. Now, she has one life to protect, and she has to do so by NOT fighting. Does that make sense?

Ah, the balcony scene. What a beautiful culmination of their individual character development. John goes to Teyla, proving that he's no longer avoiding her, and straight away asks about the baby, so he's not shirking the subject either. Teyla admits that John had been right about how dangerous it would be for her to stay on the team. And the smiles when they're talking about the baby being a boy... well... what can you say. It was just the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

And the hug... what I love about it, is that Teyla says 'if you had hesitated for just one moment' or whatever, and John obviously doesn't know what to say. Then we see Teyla, and she is standing there about to cry, and looks as though she is searching for the right thing to say as well. Then, Teyla kind of rolls her eyes - she can't think of how to say it, so she hugs him instead. I took it as a 'thank you for protecting us hug', perhaps with a bit of 'I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner' mixed in. And John's face... he was so just... sad. And I think a bit shocked by what she had said.

Ooh but I just watched the hug again, twice, and if you look very carefully at Teyla's face (you can see her in profile) you see that she has her eyes open... until John starts rubbing her back, then her eyes drift close. How cute is that.

Aw. I just loved it. So much.

More general things...

LOVED the Ronon Rodney interaction - just priceless.
    Lorne is such a sweetie.
    I agree that it's very dangerous that Todd knows about Teyla's abilities, especially since he was talking about the lack of Queens last week.

That's all I can think of right now. I bet you're sorry you asked.
    sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

I've been thinking about the series four preview...
      Spoiler:
      and I wonder... the man that grabs Teyla as she's swept up by the dart - could that be the genii chappy from Missing? Is it a silly idea?
      sigpic

Comment

Oh and I added the 6th and final missing moment to my BAMSR fic:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4002028/...Sins_Rememberd
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
          Oh and I added the 6th and final missing moment to my BAMSR fic:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4002028/...Sins_Rememberd
          Thanks so much for posting the link Ruby!! I had already seen that you updated, but ff.net just wouldn't let me see it!
          *off to read now!*
          *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Spoiler:
            and I wonder... the man that grabs Teyla as she's swept up by the dart - could that be the genii chappy from Missing? Is it a silly idea?
            Who knows...could be... it's goes so fast and is slightly fuzzy...I can't really tell who it might be
            sigpic
            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Spoiler:
              ACK! Where is this preview? LINK PLEASE!
              --Kate

Comment

Wow, 11 members & 16 guests are on right now.... this is quite the hoppin' place all of the sudden! lol

EDIT: Now it's 28!!!
                --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                  ACK! Where is this preview? LINK PLEASE!
                  http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/147329.html
                  Beware of spoilers for the back half of season 4
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonaldldcm View Post
                    Hello all, I am new here and just wanted to say I'm loving this thread. I have been reading for about a week and finally decided to join in. Hope you will have me....
                    WELCOME MCDONALDLDCM!

1-800-Iluv-JandT
                    sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by JTLover View Post
                      Hi! I had to delurk to remind you all that

Spoiler:
                      JM has already said that no romance will ever materialize between Sheppard and L*****. Do you remember that?

Yay for SOW!!!

<goes back into lurking>
                      1-800-Iluv-JandT
                      sig by Sci!

Comment

Since we have so many newbies (YAY!), i'll say it again:
                        WELCOME, NEWBIES, TO THE JT FAMILY!!!
                        Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                        http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/147329.html
                        Beware of spoilers for the back half of season 4
                        Cool thanks man!

Has anyone seen the interviews with the SGA cast on scifi.com? They're really, really, laugh out loud funny, and we get alot of new footage too! Click here!
                        --Kate

Comment

Cool thanks man!

Has anyone seen the interviews with the SGA cast on scifi.com? They're really, really, laugh out loud funny, and we get alot of new footage too! Click here!
                          Bookmarked for later - thanks.

I am shattered tonight folks, so I don't know if I'll be about much. Might try and write... we'll see
                          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Cool thanks man!

I second that..!

No! Thanks for the link JT4L!! *bear hug!* I'm gonna watch 'em now!
                            Last edited by TeylaFan; 13 January 2008, 01:21 PM.
                            *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Blue and Camy: excellent points each of you made.
                              I do share alot those concerns also. Which, is why, I guess, I felt that foreboding this. If that is what it is. I am really looking forward to the rest of
                              the season to see how this plays out. To me, it's a really good thing when you even have non 'shippers' discussing what they feel and thought of this ep. I love this ep so much! And, it's more positive than negative!! Yes! So, this is good for JT. Y'all are so much better at being able to express what I was trying to say in my posts. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! That tells me y'all know that I may be a whumper at heart..*wink* But, I so love and care for JT!!
                              1-800-Iluv-JandT
                              sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I believe the only reason we are getting this Kanan storyline and pregnancy is because Rachel is pregnant and it was a rushed idea on how to get around her being pregnant on the show. And maybe that's why it just feels forced in and out of the blue for me. I can understand Teyla being pulled towards tradition and cutlure but not like this. I still don't see Teyla talking about John one moment and how much he means to her and then the next moment she feels obligated to her culture.. what changed in the meantime. Even if she was pulled towards an Athosian, I don't see her jumping into a relationhship like this and becoming pregnant so quickly... again it just OCC for Teyla.. I see her planning this and taking her time to come to a decision.. not just sleeping with someone without even thiniking of the consequences. If traditon and culture are so important to her then I see her making this into an important event and making an announcment about how she has chosen someone as a life partner and it being quite an important event.
                                But none of this happened so that's why I feel there is either something we don't know and that it may not be what she thinks at all and that something underhanded has taken place.
                                If she is truly in love with Kanan why the secrecy, why not tell John that she was indeed going to see him. Why not tell her friends.. this should be a happy event that she is proud to tell her friends... even John.. if she had decided that she would go on with her life and seek an Athosian partner because she felt John didnt having feelings for her.. then why wait 2 months to tell him... even if she had convinced herself that he didnt care for her he was still her friend and had stood by her for 3 years... but yet she deceived him and didnt even feel he had any right to be angry or hurt with her.. If it had been John who had being having a relationship with someone else without telling anyone and just announced out of the blue that he was involved with someone who was expecting his baby.. you don't think that Teyla would have been hurt that he kept something like this from her and his friends for such a long time.
                                I know this is going to be an angst fest for John and Teyla and that Kanan is a temporary measure because of Rachels pregnancy.... but I still think the writers have not put enough thought into Teyla's actions. I can understand Teyla wanting to find her people but John and Ronan have both offered to help her find them... its not like they have just turned their back on her and are not bothering to help find them.. so why is it so important for Teyla to go on each mission with them John has always been there for Teyla and she doesnt seem to have any problem in seeking him out when she needs comfort and I don''t want this to change.... I dont want John pushed aside when Kanan reappears... or John to be treated as second best. She cannot be blind to see that John cares for her a lot so I don't want him tossed aside when the father of her baby comes back into her life. I don't think this is fair on John. So that's why I would rather see John distance himself now from her.. Whatever led Teyla to make her choice, she has made it and it is not John.. as she said her priorites have changed and she cannot use John just as a means to find her people or lean on when she is upset. I think this is unfair on John and is really only messing with his feelings and you could see how conflicted he was in the scene where they hugged.

Sorry I've rambled on again and I hope that made some sort of sense.
                                Excellent post BA. You know I'm there with you on this whole story line and the writers.
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm also glad that you addressed the idea that Teyla is OOC cause darnit she is. I guess my acting/directing background haunts me in situations like this cause I'm always looking for the reason that a character does what they do. I analyze the "motivation" for their actions and it HAS to make sense that based on what I already know about them that they would do this particular thing. I think this is where the writers dropped the ball for me- and yes it does feel contrived and hurried- we've been given NO solid reason in canon for why Teyla has had an abrupt change of heart. Okay, so she "chose" Kanan... Really? Why? Prove it writers, prove to me that THIS decision was in keeping with her loyalty devotion and sacrifice for a man she's already admitted to have strong feelings for. I've seen nothing so far that makes this logical. The thing that would make it logical is if her pregnancy is not what it seems at the moment. That's the option I'm hoping for cause the other doesn't cut it.

If Teyla was so dang devoted to her Athosian culture and having an Athosian mate, like BA you brought up, why the BIG secret and why are just BARELY hearing about this now after three freaking years of her attitude being completely different?

Based on this ep alone, I don't buy that Teyla and John are merely friends- sorry but you don't seek out someone's comfort and approval of the opposite sex when you only care for them as a friend. You don't sacrifice your life and that of your children for a "friend". And you don't become overly angry the way John has over a friend who finds happiness with another man. So what gives? Why this OOC choice for Teyla choosing another guy? I'm waiting iwth baited breath to find out and it better make sense with her previous character choices.

I like you BA feel bad for John because he does care very deeply for Teyla he's obviously not gonna push her away when she needs him even after her betrayal. He slipped very easily into the lover/father/protector mode with her and the baby and it's because of how he feels about her. And can I just say that I personally LOVED the conflict over this we saw on John's face when Teyla hugged him. Joe nailed the "torn man" here with his expression and hesitation. He cares for her more than any other woman he's ever known, but she chose someone else and lied about it. Now she wants his comfort like nothing has changed between them. His heart says yes, but his mind isn't sure. That was clearly evident in those few moments at the end. And sorry to all you sweir supporters who would like to tell yourself this was a 'meaningless friend hug', wrong, it was far more than that. It tells the story of two people from different worlds with multiple hang ups trying to find their way to one another.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I would have greened you if I could BA, but it wouldn't let me. So mental GREEN to you!

Comment

Working...
                                X