Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
    JM BLOG UPDATE

Actually R.Cooper answers tons of questions regarding Doppelganger but this was the only one I felt worth posting here. The whole blog is interesting though so head over and read if you's want. No vid though.

Spoiler:
    Anonymous #5 writes: "Thank you for a wonderful episode! This is my new favorite episode of all time! Season four is shaping up to be very exciting. Thank you also for the John and Teyla moments in this episode. They were beautiful. The hug was so touching. If it is not too much trouble, it would be great to hear RCC's thoughts on these moments."

RCC: Actually the “hug” scene continued and they went inside, sat down and talked a bit. Teyla tried to make Sheppard believe Heightmeyer’s death wasn’t his fault. I know you will hate me for cutting the scene now that I’ve told you it exists but sometimes a visual is enough. When you write a script you think the words are all that matters because you can’t see the pictures. When you see the pictures you realize there is nothing you can say that is more powerful so you might as well just shut-up. (I’m talking about me, the writer.)
    WOOHOO!

Yes, I did have to say that.

Good to know that the scene kept going. SQUEE!

Sel.

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
      Sanssong, your site is down, I just tried getting to it! Gate of Dreams I think it is called.

Camy: YES it is finished, the one I piut the link to
      Are you sure you had the right link? I just looked and it was fine. Here try this. http://www.gate-of-dreams.com

Comment

JM BLOG UPDATE

Actually R.Cooper answers tons of questions regarding Doppelganger but this was the only one I felt worth posting here. The whole blog is interesting though so head over and read if you's want. No vid though.

Spoiler:
        Anonymous #5 writes: "Thank you for a wonderful episode! This is my new favorite episode of all time! Season four is shaping up to be very exciting. Thank you also for the John and Teyla moments in this episode. They were beautiful. The hug was so touching. If it is not too much trouble, it would be great to hear RCC's thoughts on these moments."

RCC: Actually the “hug” scene continued and they went inside, sat down and talked a bit. Teyla tried to make Sheppard believe Heightmeyer’s death wasn’t his fault. I know you will hate me for cutting the scene now that I’ve told you it exists but sometimes a visual is enough. When you write a script you think the words are all that matters because you can’t see the pictures. When you see the pictures you realize there is nothing you can say that is more powerful so you might as well just shut-up. (I’m talking about me, the writer.)
        Wahoo!!!! Thanks Mrs. B!!!! And OHHHH, I'm torn at the thought of there being more to that scene! In some ways, I would LOVE to see it and would have LOVED for that scene to go on, but in other ways, I agree with what he said, that it's more powerful just the way it was. As much as I hate to say it, I think he's right. If they had pulled away and sat down and talked, would it have had the same feel? Wow, that's a hard one! Although if they had sat on his bed, I couldn't care less what they were saying. I'd just pay big bucks to get that clip! LOL!

SOOOOO cool though for all the reasons Camy just mentioned!!!! YAY!!

I just read through the rest of JM's blog and saw this comment too:

Spoiler:
        Anonymous #8 writes: "Hey Joe and perhaps your special guest! I am hoping you can breakdown the fears in each dream for us. There has been much debate over how to interpret what our teams fears are, so would love some insight into them. For example, is it true that Teyla's big fear is being in a relationship with Shep?"

RCC: I think her real fear is being misunderstood and not trusted…and having the life sucked out of her by the Wraith. And squirrels but that was too much to cram into one dream sequence.

That's a nice confirmation as well to those trying to say
        Spoiler:
        they really believe that Ronon thinking Teyla's in a relationship with John is her greatest fear. I've seen a few other ships try to sell that line, so nice to see confirmation that it's not true, even though we already knew it.

Very interesting to read all his comments though! I love hearing the writers insight! Awesome! JM mentioned a funny outtake with Joe too, so maybe if we're really lucky this
        Spoiler:
        cut talking after the hug scene
        and outtakes like the one JM mentioned will make it onto the DVD's!
        Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

She was laos there is Siege I when they were going after Bob in the City remember, she placed her hand on his chest of all places!
          Yes, I remember that, in fact it was one of the first times she'd ever touched him in concern and comfort. It was great!

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
            Are you sure you had the right link? I just looked and it was fine. Here try this. http://www.gate-of-dreams.com
            Thanks! *ads to faves list* alos I think the link I had was a broken one, oh well thankyou again!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I saw these!!! Oh, boy did I love the one when someone asked him the Teyla question! Did you see the "cat who ate the canary" grin on his face? He was sooooo saying that it was Shep! And the audience thought so too!!! And what's more, they LOVED it! Not a boo in the house! J/T is rocking the world.
              Oh TOTALLY!!!! Well said!
              Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post

Spoiler:
                Anonymous #8 writes: "Hey Joe and perhaps your special guest! I am hoping you can breakdown the fears in each dream for us. There has been much debate over how to interpret what our teams fears are, so would love some insight into them. For example, is it true that Teyla's big fear is being in a relationship with Shep?"

RCC: I think her real fear is being misunderstood and not trusted…and having the life sucked out of her by the Wraith. And squirrels but that was too much to cram into one dream sequence.

Spoiler:
                they really believe that Ronon thinking Teyla's in a relationship with John is her greatest fear. I've seen a few other ships try to sell that line, so nice to see confirmation that it's not true, even though we already knew it.
                That is great confirmation.
                Spoiler:
                I'll admit I've gotten so irritated that people were reading all sorts of misguided ideas and thinking this was support for some sort of Ronon/Teyla ship. It couldn't have been further from the truth. As he said, it was Teyla's fear of not being trusted with some things thrown in there about Ronon discovering her feelings for John. Perhaps she feels this will undermine her credibility with others in the expedition? It's definitely possible.

Comment

Thanks! *ads to faves list* alos I think the link I had was a broken one, oh well thankyou again!
                  No worries, I'm always glad to pimp my site!

Comment

Thought I'd let you guys know that Reunion caps are up in JTSTARGAZE...and they are GORGEOUS!!!! I'll post a few in the Galleria, soon!

http://jeyla4ever2.livejournal.com/

I have a theory guys to Season 4...*shivers*
                    sigpic

Comment

No worries, I'm always glad to pimp my site!
                      Sanssong, would it be possible for me to join the JT Convergence? or is there a way I'm to go around that?

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Wahoo!!!! Thanks Mrs. B!!!! And OHHHH, I'm torn at the thought of there being more to that scene! In some ways, I would LOVE to see it and would have LOVED for that scene to go on, but in other ways, I agree with what he said, that it's more powerful just the way it was. As much as I hate to say it, I think he's right. If they had pulled away and sat down and talked, would it have had the same feel? Wow, that's a hard one! Although if they had sat on his bed, I couldn't care less what they were saying. I'd just pay big bucks to get that clip! LOL!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Very interesting to read all his comments though! I love hearing the writers insight! Awesome! JM mentioned a funny outtake with Joe too, so maybe if we're really lucky this
                        Spoiler:
                        I think that the episode had so many great JT Moments, that I didn't miss it.

Spoiler:
                        I think to have ended it just like that and to let the reader imagine the rest, makes perfect sense. We didn't need to see or hear the convo, it would have for me, taken away the whole softness of the hug. I don't know it's like it lets the viewer, reader, go to the place where we know it went. We know there was a convo afterwards, I just like that he confirmed what we speculated her, they went to first, comfort the other, and I just love that they both did it and thought of it at the same time about each other, I mean, GOSH what the hell more do we want......did I just write that??????

I love that RC replied to this question, Thanks for posting it Steph....the fact that he neither disagrees nor agrees and instead gives a more general idea, is perfect....the bug thing was not about Sheppard...it was about Sheppard being impersonated as a Wraith, which is why this dream with Sheppard bugged her so much...*no pun intended* To see what you fear the most being impersonated by the person you care the most, has to be a scary thought...right????? so, that to me, is very telling. Also, the issue of trust is so there for her, and so clearly in her mind and who better than Sheppard to bring it about on her...evil Sheppard, when John is the person whom she trust the most! SCARIER!!!! Love it!

Hubby's home...off to see DG again...woohooo! I can't wait to hear what hubby think...
                        sigpic

Comment

I dreamt that I was

Doppelganger:
                          Spoiler:
                          lost at sea and there was me trying to row back to shore... it wasn;'t raining though, snowing, and no whale, a few polar bears though...

Any Sam/Jack shippers here? Wonder if my ships are beginning to collide...lol
                          JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:

I love JM's blog... no matter how snarky he gets. He had 144 comments yesterday, that's almost double what he usually gets, most praising DG and asking quesitons about specifics of the ep. It was great for RCC to field some answers. Loved the comment about

Spoiler:
                          The hug...
                          Now who's gonna write that missing scene?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That outtake was hilarious to read:

Spoiler:
                          From JM's blog:

Cheeky Lil Devil writes: "Thank you Mr M and Mr C the great episode, it's one of my favourites.. oh before I go, was that Joe flung off the balcony, or a stunt double? I had to wince at that. Great job all round, the choreography, the stunts, the story, and not to mention Evil Shep. *fans self*"

RCC: We used a new and very cool 3D flying rig for these stunts. It’s very precise and very safe allowing Joe Flannigan to actually do his own stunt for that scene.

Joe: By the way, one of my favorite outtakes is from this episode, specifically this scene. Director Rob yells action, Joe F. braces to get yanked and then, for some reason, the ratchet fails. Joe relaxes - at which point the ratchet kicks in and he is yanked - through the guard rail and across the room. The look of sudden terror on his face and the "Urk!" he utters as he is pulled up and away is priceless. Heh heh.

Really hope that makes it to the DVD...lol
                          sigpic

Comment

OK guys it is settled now, far as I know Toomi, and Winged, if you guys can PM me here on gateworld or leave a comment on my LJ (which I will set for friends only to see) I want to talk with you guys over my NaNoWriMo novel that you two are going to be most likely part of the Team in! woohoo, simply put....
                            Spoiler:
                            John convinces the Daedalus crew to buy every Old World of Darkness, and every Minds Eye Theatre book Earth had, one copy for each member of the team, the Team plays for about an hour one night about a week later, then Atlantis itself joins in and makes it more real, first turning Rodney into a spirte,(known in the WoD slang as a Wraith), then later Ronon gets a thrist for fresh blood, then still later Teyla turns into a werecat, only John himself is untouched by the changes happening to his team. What will he tell his new team members when they find out about the other three?
                            hopefully this story will pass 50,000 words before November the 30th

Toomi and Winged, let me know what you guys think via PM or LJ over the characters you would like to be featured as, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                              I love JM's blog... no matter how snarky he gets. He had 144 comments yesterday, that's almost double what he usually gets, most praising DG and asking quesitons about specifics of the ep. It was great for RCC to field some answers. Loved the comment about

Spoiler:
                              The hug...
                              Now who's gonna write that missing scene?
                              I'll do it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                                I dreamt that I was

Doppelganger:
                                Spoiler:
                                lost at sea and there was me trying to row back to shore... it wasn;'t raining though, snowing, and no whale, a few polar bears though...

Any Sam/Jack shippers here? Wonder if my ships are beginning to collide...lol
                                Did you say Sam/Jack shippers I'm one I really should go onto the S/J thread some time but between JT and JJ/Reid (Criminal minds) i can never get the time!
                                Last edited by Linda06; 20 October 2007, 05:59 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X