John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    LOL. I knew this would come up eventually and I have a good answer for that. Secondary characters always get to have non explain and quick romance. And they main characters seem to have a dragged out, trials, struggles and close calls in their storyline.
    There are many shows that do that. It wouldn't be too fun it we got to see them together right off. I build suspence and a better relationship. In my opinion. Did that make sense?
    I was just going to say the same thing! I think because with J/T, it is JOHN and he is basically THE main character. While Teyla and Ronon are both main characters as well, they are not the main feature stars of the show like John is and Keller is for sure a secondary characters, so it's "okay" in the writer's mind to pair a main character with a secondary character, but much more "complicated" to pair their star, a main character with another main character. I don't agree at all, but when you're looking at pairing main characters, then you get into that whole misnomer mentality that "main characters getting together kills a show." IMO, that thought is old school and has been proven wrong more than once that if done subtly and correctly, will in fact not kill the show. So that, and the fact that this is Stargate which so far has never done outright romance, is why I believe John and Teyla will also be a slow and steadily burning growth. I also think because of JM's comments about "no romance" that even the Ronon/Keller moments will be subtle and few.
    Spoiler:
    We'll get the almost kiss
    Probably some awkward moments, maybe a conversation or two, shared smiles, sexual tensions, etc, but I would be surprised if it developed into an outright relationship in this season. I could be wrong, but we'll see! But either way, it's considered "okay" because it's not between two main characters.
    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

OT:
      Spoiler:
      And I believe that these shippers are upset with the recent proof of R/K is because of a few reason. Ronon is not going after Teyla and Teyla is not going after John. Wier is gone and not with John and last but not least. Keller is not with John.Who does that leave Teyla and John to be with. Hmmmm. Themselves maybe? I think so.
      OT:

Spoiler:
      Well, you figure it this way. There are some Sparky fans that are Spanky fans to. With Weir being gone, and that relationship being all but void, to have Ronon hook up with Keller is another one of their ships that is "spoiled".

I think of it this way, if the positions were reversed (Teyla gone, Shep hooking up with Keller), we would be sad too.

Does that excuse their rudeness? No.

Ship wars are very very bad things. Real people's feelings get hurt for fictional characters. It's really sad when you think about it.

Back on topic...

Hubby hasn't seen DG, so it will be interesting to see what he likes. Though I have a feeling

Spoiler:
      he'll like the end scene with Shep fighting Evil Shep. Boys.
      sigpic
      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
        OT:

Spoiler:
        Well, you figure it this way. There are some Sparky fans that are Spanky fans to. With Weir being gone, and that relationship being all but void, to have Ronon hook up with Keller is another one of their ships that is "spoiled".

I think of it this way, if the positions were reversed (Teyla gone, Shep hooking up with Keller), we would be sad too.

Ship wars are very very bad things. Real people's feelings get hurt for fictional characters. It's really sad when you think about it.

Back on topic...

Hubby hasn't seen DG, so it will be interesting to see what he likes. Though I have a feeling

Spoiler:

VERY well said YC! And you'll have to share your hubby's comments with us!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
          VERY well said YC! And you'll have to share your hubby's comments with us!
          Spoiler:
          I LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE that scene what are you talking about! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
          1-800-Iluv-JandT
          sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

OT:

Spoiler:

Back on topic...

Spoiler:
            Great job clarifying Jess.

That sounds like a good time for you and hubby. Just give him an earplug on the side you'll be sitting for all the SQEEEEEEEEing. LOL

Comment

That sounds like a good time for you and hubby. Just give him an earplug on the side you'll be sitting for all the SQEEEEEEEEing. LOL
              Are you joking? We have to wear earplugs because we can hear Elf SQUEEEing from here!! Kidding, kidding....
              sigpic
              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Congrats on 5100 posts!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                  I was just going to say the same thing! I think because with J/T, it is JOHN and he is basically THE main character. While Teyla and Ronon are both main characters as well, they are not the main feature stars of the show like John is and Keller is for sure a secondary characters, so it's "okay" in the writer's mind to pair a main character with a secondary character, but much more "complicated" to pair their star, a main character with another main character. I don't agree at all, but when you're looking at pairing main characters, then you get into that whole misnomer mentality that "main characters getting together kills a show." IMO, that thought is old school and has been proven wrong more than once that if done subtly and correctly, will in fact not kill the show. So that, and the fact that this is Stargate which so far has never done outright romance, is why I believe John and Teyla will also be a slow and steadily burning growth. I also think because of JM's comments about "no romance" that even the Ronon/Keller moments will be subtle and few.
                  Spoiler:
                  We'll get the almost kiss
                  Probably some awkward moments, maybe a conversation or two, shared smiles, sexual tensions, etc, but I would be surprised if it developed into an outright relationship in this season. I could be wrong, but we'll see! But either way, it's considered "okay" because it's not between two main characters.
                  Yeah well ... I understand that point too... they did do the drag out for Jack as well.

Comment

Congrats on 5100 posts!!!!

Spoiler:
                    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
                    1-800-Iluv-JandT
                    sig by Sci!

Comment

THANKS SCI! I GOT WHUMP, JT , DANCIN' SHEPS AND JOES!!!!
                      1-800-Iluv-JandT
                      sig by Sci!

Comment

Are you joking? We have to wear earplugs because we can hear Elf SQUEEEing from here!! Kidding, kidding....
                        YOU KNOW IT, BABY!! I WILL NEED OXYGEN!! I AM PREPARED!!
                        1-800-Iluv-JandT
                        sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by Theicero View Post
                          Yeah well ... I understand that point too... they did do the drag out for Jack as well.
                          Unfortunately, that seems to be the common Stargate mentality with main characters. Ugh! So at this point, I'm just enjoying each and every little J/T moment that we get! And hoepfully we'll continue to see growth between them this season. I really think we will!

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                            YOU KNOW IT, BABY!! I WILL NEED OXYGEN!! I AM PREPARED!!
                            LOL, you're so funny! And congrats on 5100 posts!! You go, girl!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jess!

I'm prepared...
                              Spoiler:
                              1-800-Iluv-JandT
                              sig by Sci!

Comment

Yappi happy 1000!!!!!!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X