John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
    Oh, thanks for posting these! I was chatting in the ep thread today as I'm able while at work, but only ended up making a mess of things I'm afraid. But I feel better seeing these pics. Thanks!

No Doubt--it's good to see you back! Sorry to hear about your computer problems!
    I have just pm'd you about that but don't think you made a mess at all. It just annoys me that you can't state your interpretation without getting jumped on.
    Spoiler:
    Most of the comments I have seen in the ep thread regarding the hug between JT are from those who will say anything to prove that there is another meaning to the hug... its not about not seeing ship, it's about not wanting to see ship.. because it's not their ship. A lot would rather throw in their own interpretation because it suits them better to believe their own version....again I can understand some just seeing friendship because of course it was a huge friendship moment as well ... but allowing someone to comfort you when you are feeling very vunerable is a very personal and intimate thing. The fact that Teyla went without hesitation into Johns arms is again very personal.. do you really think she would have done this to Rodney or Ronan.. why John.

Because she wanted to be held by him... John was not arkward at all with the fact that she was hugging him .. and I'm sick of hearing about how he doesn't do emotions... John can be understanding and caring when it comes to the ones he cares about.. the only reason he was a little reluctant here is that he felt guilty and saddened, one moment thinking that Teyla wouldnt even want to see him and the next moment she is in his arms... He probably felt I don't deserve to have this woman comfort me... as he may have felt indirectly responsible for Kates's death, and as others have pointed out the editing didnt help either.. but it was also clear that he did put his arms around her and held her... his hand went right up her back .. again I don't see this as being arkward at all.
    sigpic

Comment

I also think it could be Spoils of War as well i also came into post this i did for one of Camys Beya Challenges Rose
      http://
      and this one i did for Candles
      Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
        OMG!
        Spoiler:
        SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

OT
        Spoiler:
        OW! My ear is still ringing from that one Elf.
        Spoiler:
        Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
          Geez louise people......allright we all gotta get with the program here. Someone bust out the Daily list again for what J/T challenge goes for what day. Officially, tomorrow I'm back at work so hopefully I can find more time for fics!
          Oh yea! Who are the winners that get to be in your fic??

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
            I also think it could be Spoils of War as well i also came into post this i did for one of Camys Beya Challenges Rose
            Very nice Donna. I love how simple and subtle your pics are.
            Spoiler:
            Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
              Oh yea! Who are the winners that get to be in your fic??
              LOL Just Wp & LC I think!!@

NINA
              - Thanks ALOT for those pics!! BOMB DUDE
              Last edited by MrsB108; 02 October 2007, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                Posting these in here to incase someone doesn't visit the Galleria

Alright ...no real good quality..and they are not that big either...I'm no master at caps... but anyway..for viewing pleasure

The J/T hug from Doppelganger
                Spoiler:

THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!
                Spoiler:
                I know I'm being greedy,sorry, but do you have the caps with Teyla and John in there quarters when was making her announcement? I want to do a art for the prompt word Loss.If you can't do it don't worry. Thanks again Nina.

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                That oughta get you going Mrs.B. . .
                Seriously, though, all the time in this thread and you guys are really rubbing off on me. The first thing I thought when I saw this was--read and destroy my tomboyishness--
                Spoiler:
                Aww, how cute.

Uh-oh. . .
                ROFLMBO!!!!!
                Spoiler:
                ((hug)) you said cute!!!!

Originally posted by No Doubt Fan View Post
                hey guys sorry I haven't showed my face
                Spoiler:
                my computer goy messed up so i had to take it to my uncle who likes to fix things but apparently he made things worse so i took it to someone else and after that i started working onn a atlantis/shela video so thats what im currently doing and since i know that some of you have made videos before i was wondering if you had any tips?
                NDF:
                Spoiler:
                I'm soo sorry about your PC. I'm glad you're back now. I'm sooo looking forward to your vid.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                  I have just pm'd you about that but don't think you made a mess at all. It just annoys me that you can't state your interpretation without getting jumped on.
                  Spoiler:
                  Most of the comments I have seen in the ep thread regarding the hug between JT are from those who will say anything to prove that there is another meaning to the hug... its not about not seeing ship, it's about not wanting to see ship.. because it's not their ship. A lot would rather throw in their own interpretation because it suits them better to believe their own version....again I can understand some just seeing friendship because of course it was a huge friendship moment as well ... but allowing someone to comfort you when you are feeling very vunerable is a very personal and intimate thing. The fact that Teyla went without hesitation into Johns arms is again very personal.. do you really think she would have done this to Rodney or Ronan.. why John.

Because she wanted to be held by him... John was not arkward at all with the fact that she was hugging him .. and I'm sick of hearing about how he doesn't do emotions... John can be understanding and caring when it comes to the ones he cares about.. the only reason he was a little reluctant here is that he felt guilty and saddened, one moment thinking that Teyla wouldnt even want to see him and the next moment she is in his arms... He probably felt I don't deserve to have this woman comfort me... as he may have felt indirectly responsible for Kates's death, and as others have pointed out the editing didnt help either.. but it was also clear that he did put his arms around her and held her... his hand went right up her back .. again I don't see this as being arkward at all.

Thanks Bue! I think my intentions were grossly misunderstood. I was trying to argue a valid point of the ep, not bring ship into it. Sometimes I think people only see my sig and not my words. Anyway, I'm tired, I'm crabby, I don't feel good, so I'm done. But thank you! *Hugs*
                  Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                    LOL Just Wp & LC I think!!@

NINA
                    - Thanks ALOT for those pics!! BOMB DUDE
                    Did you say IN your fic?! LOL, this should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                      These are beautfiul Donna!!! Thanks for doing the Beya Challenge!!

Comment

BLUE...I"M SO LOVING YOU NEW SIG, HON! IT"S GORGEOUS!

Steph, didn't I tell you to wait till the episode air for real...that's what I"m going to do, but I might be tempted now that you got in there...LOL

Those people are meanies!

Alright, Donna! GORGEEEEEOUUUUUS! I"ll get right to it..and I"m soooo loving that sig that Lea made you.....BEAUTIFUL!

DG is more shippy than any other episode that I've seeen....and I love it!!!! Woooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Now, what happenes next, remains to be seen.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Bue! I think my intentions were grossly misunderstood. I was trying to argue a valid point of the ep, not bring ship into it. Sometimes I think people only see my sig and not my words. Anyway, I'm tired, I'm crabby, I don't feel good, so I'm done. But thank you! *Hugs*
                          Oh, yes...Steph..your sig is way more shippy than mine!

*sighs*

Have you been to Beya....I betcha one long reading and viewing of those fics and fanart and lots of kisses from Belle and Pete and Billy...one big glass of water, and a nice hot cocoa and play your Doopleganger Itune recording and VOILA!

I'll send you my bill laterz!
                          sigpic

Comment

JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
                            Dovil writes: “I didn't even recognise DH there, at least not until the last photo.”

Answer: Yep, that’s what fatherhood will do to you. Be warned.

Herbert writes: “Is the pattern on the guitar Jason got for Joe the same as Jason's tatoo?”

Answer: It is. It’s the equivalent of the Momoa family crest.

Rachel writes: “ How in the world do you decide what comments to allow through and what questions to answer?”

Answer: If I’ve already answered the question, I’ll skip it. If it’s a question that will give away spoiler, I won’t answer it. And, ultimately, if I’m short on time and there are other questions I find more interesting, I’ll answer those instead.

Anonymous #1 writes: “So why is the series' continuation dependent on the ratings in the US alone?”

Answer: While the international ratings are important, the first-run U.S. ratings take precedence because the licensing fee SciFi Channel contributes the lion’s share of the show’s production budget.

Horse N. Buggy writes: “Will we see at least one fun, non-arc story this season?”

Answer: We do have a few non-arc stories this season. As for a fun episode - definitely check out Harmony.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Joe, she's all over GW talking about her inside knowledge. Does that concern you, or are you happy to let her claim she has inside information?”

Answer: I’m thoroughly ambivalent. Keller and Ronon romantic scenes? Teyla and Sheppard ship? All I can say is tune to find out.

Padawan Aneiki writes: “How long does it usually take before you hear if you got the next season pickup?”

Answer: I’m hoping we’ll learn our fate within the next two weeks.

Video - http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...thatoldguy.flv

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                              Oh, yes...Steph..your sig is way more shippy than mine!

*sighs*

Have you been to Beya....I betcha one long reading and viewing of those fics and fanart and lots of kisses from Belle and Pete and Billy...one big glass of water, and a nice hot cocoa and play your Doopleganger Itune recording and VOILA!

I'll send you my bill laterz!
                              LOL, thanks Camy. I'm still at work for another four hours. Tuesdays are 11 hour days for me.

To be clear, it was my fault in the ep thread for apparently not being clear enough. I was trying very hard NOT to bring ship into it, but at the same time, felt the discussion was valid to the ep. I just didn't say it very well, and I think people see the sig and assume the worst for intentions. It's not fair that we can't even discuss J/T if they are valid to the ep, but I can understand people wanting to keep ship discussions out, so I have mixed feelings I suppose. The irony though is that is exactly what I was trying to do, but apparently failed miserably. I don't have the energy for this right now, so I'm just staying here for tonight in our little hole where it's safe. Anyway, sorry about that. All I did was make people more annoyed at us. AHHHH!!!

Comment

Sorry in advance for the OT post!! I'll put it under the cut.

Spoiler:
                                I just have to give you some encouragement. The people you are trying to talk to can't be reasoned with. They have an agenda a mile wide and will NOT listen to any other opinion no matter how grounded in fact, or valid. They will insult you, and belittle your opinions because yours differ with their own that, to us rational people, seem to be based in utter fantasy.

I'm not sure how they got themselves to this point, but the facts no longer matter to any of them. They hate simply becuase of the ship you follow. Personally, I got tired of being called a hater when I wasn't the one doing the hating, so I left those threads and most likely won't go back. The rightness of my views on who will be with whom on the show will be vindicated eventually and I and YOU will have the last laugh. The writers are on our side, the actors are on our side, and the silent majority of the SGA fandom is on our side.

Right now just chalk it up to a bunch of people acting out because they are not getting their way and they know we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X