John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all!

Mrs. B, how are you feeling today. Better I hope.

Thanks Mayra.

Ruby, loving Parallel. Please update soon.

WingedPegasus, enjoying yours also.
    Spoiler:
    Some major whumpage.

Love the artworks from Blue and the others.

Here is a HUG for Teyilia.

If I miss anyone or anything, .

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
      Good morning all!

Mrs. B, how are you feeling today. Better I hope.

Thanks Mayra.

Ruby, loving Parallel. Please update soon.

WingedPegasus, enjoying yours also.
      Spoiler:
      Some major whumpage.

Love the artworks from Blue and the others.

Here is a HUG for Teyilia.

If I miss anyone or anything, .
      Hey Hope. How are you?

Guys I'm gonna have to let you go. I haven't got my laptop back yet and I have to share the computer. Little one wants to play a PBSkids game. I postee a few lame MP's in galleria. LOL Cya.

Comment

Thanks Sci, Elf, and Hope! I feel better but I am having a GAWD AWFUL day at work. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Sorry had to yell!

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        That is really what I am hoping for MrsB.
        Spoiler:
        I hope that whatever happens back on earth causes him to close the door on that part of his life and realise that he doesn't want to make the same mistakes again... or miss out on a chance of finding love with someone else.. it may make him realise that life is short and with both he and Teyla facing danger on a daily basis, maybe he should say something about his feelings before it's to late. I just hope that is all that happens with his ex though... and that seeing her doesn't reopen any past feelings he may have had .. and I don't want to see any kind of smooching.. watching him with Larrin is enough ..

Hopefully this ep will have great potential and the writere don't mess up here. I'm not all that confident the way they handle emotional scenes.. but I guess I'll have to just wait and see... but at the moment it's not at the top of my "can't wait to see" eps.
        I agree Blue.
        Spoiler:
        I dont know if you read the clip I wrote about John and his ex wife, but that's probably one of the very few scenario's I could handle because I totally agree, I dont want to see him repeatedly flirting/interacting with other women, (the ex, Larrin, Harmony chicks)...

And I really like the point you made about him realizing their lives are constantly on the line and life for them may be cut short anyday and hopefully some sort of death would jolt him to that realization.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
          Thanks Sci, Elf, and Hope! I feel better but I am having a GAWD AWFUL day at work. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Sorry had to yell!

I agree Blue.
          Spoiler:
          I dont know if you read the clip I wrote about John and his ex wife, but that's probably one of the very few scenario's I could handle because I totally agree, I dont want to see him repeatedly flirting/interacting with other women, (the ex, Larrin, Harmony chicks)...

And I really like the point you made about him realizing their lives are constantly on the line and life for them may be cut short anyday and hopefully some sort of death would jolt him to that realization.
          I don't think I have seen your post on it MrsB.. do you have a link.. have to pop out for about half an hour.. will look for it when I get back.
          Spoiler:
          I love to hear other peoples opinions on the other woman that seem to be popping up throughout the season.. and what kind of effect they may have on John and Teyla's relationship.
          sigpic

Comment

DAILY VOTING LINKS

Vote for J/T on Letters From Pegasus in the Favorite Ship Episode Picture Game
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=45066&page=87

Pics to follow for use in game:
            Spoiler:

Vote for Favorite Sheppard Episode
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=44977&page=44
            (If one of your favorite John episodes isn't on the list, simply add it to the list)

Vote for Favorite Teyla Episode
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=45133&page=37
            (If one of your favorite Teyla episodes isn't on the list, simply add it to the list)

Vote for Favorite Teyla & John Moment
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=46140&page=13
            (If one of your favorite J/T moments isn't on the list, simply add it to the list)

Support John in the H&H Best Hairdos
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...42802&page=190
            (Make sure you have the last page on the thread to make the correct score)

VOTING UPDATE

We have now 34 votes in the Favorite Ship Episode Picture Game...so only 16 more to go...keep it up.....

Vote for who you would want to be the Leading Lady In Season 4
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...27#post7076027

LET THE VOTING FOR THE DAY BEGIN!!!
            sigpic
            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I don't think I have seen your post on it MrsB.. do you have a link.. have to pop out for about half an hour.. will look for it when I get back.
              Spoiler:
              I love to hear other peoples opinions on the other woman that seem to be popping up throughout the season.. and what kind of effect they may have on John and Teyla's relationship.

A Quiet Passing
              Spoiler:
              John stood slightly hunched, as a cool breeze swept across him, giving him a chill on the back of his neck. His eyes were fixed on the large flag before him that was colored red, white, blue and had a sprinkling of stars decorating it. The flag lay strewn neatly across a large, dark, wooden coffin and its corners flapped sadly in the cool breeze.

The minister had been the last of the group to leave John standing there, transfixed as he stared warily at his fathers coffin, lost in thoughts of grief and memory. He had suffered through all the hugs and handshakes from old friends and relatives he hardly knew, all the while giving his best attempt at seeming normal, although he had felt anything but.

He could hear leaves crunching on the cold ground behind him as someone approached slowly. He didn’t turn in the hopes that they would just leave him alone and notice his desire for solitude. Then it was silent and he was sure they had left when he heard an all-familiar voice.

“I always thought you looked good in your uniform.”

John turned slowly, his heavy eyes resting on the face of his ex wife, Denise. She looked as he remembered but something about her face made her seem older, more tired. He said nothing as she approached him and took his hands in hers. Her face was somber and her eyes watery as she spoke gently. “I’m sorry, John.”

John turned his face away and stared back towards the flag, covering the place where his father lay resting. She released his hands and stood beside him, and they stared together silently.

Minutes passed and finally John spoke, his voice cracking slightly from lack of use. “Thanks for coming, Denise. He would have liked that.”

Denise gave slight smile and said, “Well he did always have a soft spot for me, didn’t he?” John attempted what should have been a smile in return but looked more like a confused frown instead.

Denise faced him and said gently as she put a comforting hand on his arm. “John, I remember what happened between you two and I just thought you should know, after you left we spoke, your father and I. And he understood, he understood everything. He told me he was just being a selfish old man and hoped when you returned from the service you would forgive him for what happened.”

John’s face contorted and he struggled to keep his edging tears hidden behind his eyes. “But the things I said..…..I never got to tell him……” his whispering voice trailed, his eyes still glued to the coffin.

“He knew, John,” she said smoothly. “He always knew.”

John shrugged her hand away and turned his face, eyes closed, swathing in the warm golden light of the afternoon’s setting sun.

Denise’s voice came from behind him. “Speaking as someone with experience, I know how it is to be desperately waiting for you to reveal your feelings, John. But your father knew, without you having to say a word.” She paused and again placed her hand on him from behind, this time on his stiff shoulder. “But you should remember that life is short John, and if there is anyone out there in this world that you do care for, you should tell them, before you’re standing over another grave, wishing you had opened up and shown them your heart.”

She released him with a final comforting pat of her hand and he stayed bathing in the light, taking in what she had said. She had always been wiser beyond her years and now, more than ever he was grateful for a kind word. He turned to thank her again but she was gone. And the graveyard was empty again, the crunching leaves trailing the hard ground from the cold breeze.

Staring at his fathers grave for what he knew would be the final moments, he said “I love you, Dad,” and placed his frigid hand on the casket, eyes closed.

When he stood and headed out of the graveyard, Denise’s words echoed in his head, and he knew where he had to be, who he had to speak to this very moment. He would be damned if he was going to let another person pass by, while he kept his feelings hidden. And with a determined brow, he set off to find Teyla.

Comment

A Quiet Passing
                Spoiler:
                John stood slightly hunched, as a cool breeze swept across him, giving him a chill on the back of his neck. His eyes were fixed on the large flag before him that was colored red, white, blue and had a sprinkling of stars decorating it. The flag lay strewn neatly across a large, dark, wooden coffin and its corners flapped sadly in the cool breeze.

The minister had been the last of the group to leave John standing there, transfixed as he stared warily at his fathers coffin, lost in thoughts of grief and memory. He had suffered through all the hugs and handshakes from old friends and relatives he hardly knew, all the while giving his best attempt at seeming normal, although he had felt anything but.

He could hear leaves crunching on the cold ground behind him as someone approached slowly. He didn’t turn in the hopes that they would just leave him alone and notice his desire for solitude. Then it was silent and he was sure they had left when he heard an all-familiar voice.

John turned slowly, his heavy eyes resting on the face of his ex wife, Denise. She looked as he remembered but something about her face made her seem older, more tired. He said nothing as she approached him and took his hands in hers. Her face was somber and her eyes watery as she spoke gently. “I’m sorry, John.”

John turned his face away and stared back towards the flag, covering the place where his father lay resting. She released his hands and stood beside him, and they stared together silently.

Minutes passed and finally John spoke, his voice cracking slightly from lack of use. “Thanks for coming, Denise. He would have liked that.”

Denise gave slight smile and said, “Well he did always have a soft spot for me, didn’t he?” John attempted what should have been a smile in return but looked more like a confused frown instead.

Denise faced him and said gently as she put a comforting hand on his arm. “John, I remember what happened between you two and I just thought you should know, after you left we spoke, your father and I. And he understood, he understood everything. He told me he was just being a selfish old man and hoped when you returned from the service you would forgive him for what happened.”

John’s face contorted and he struggled to keep his edging tears hidden behind his eyes. “But the things I said..…..I never got to tell him……” his whispering voice trailed, his eyes still glued to the coffin.

John shrugged her hand away and turned his face, eyes closed, swathing in the warm golden light of the afternoon’s setting sun.

Denise’s voice came from behind him. “Speaking as someone with experience, I know how it is to be desperately waiting for you to reveal your feelings, John. But your father knew, without you having to say a word.” She paused and again placed her hand on him from behind, this time on his stiff shoulder. “But you should remember that life is short John, and if there is anyone out there in this world that you do care for, you should tell them, before you’re standing over another grave, wishing you had opened up and shown them your heart.”

She released him with a final comforting pat of her hand and he stayed bathing in the light, taking in what she had said. She had always been wiser beyond her years and now, more than ever he was grateful for a kind word. He turned to thank her again but she was gone. And the graveyard was empty again, the crunching leaves trailing the hard ground from the cold breeze.

Staring at his fathers grave for what he knew would be the final moments, he said “I love you, Dad,” and placed his frigid hand on the casket, eyes closed.

When he stood and headed out of the graveyard, Denise’s words echoed in his head, and he knew where he had to be, who he had to speak to this very moment. He would be damned if he was going to let another person pass by, while he kept his feelings hidden. And with a determined brow, he set off to find Teyla.
                Mrs B- Have you posted this one-shot fic before? It seems really familiar.
                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

A Quiet Passing
                  Spoiler:

That was awesome MrsB...

Spoiler:
                  I would love to see something like this in Outcast and was hoping that John was going back because of something like this. It would have made a wonderful angsty moment and his ex wife could have fitted in nicely to that scenario... but my fear is that it will be his ex that will be ill or in some kind of danger, and I just hope we don't get too many angsty scenes between her and Shep. I would have liked that part of his life to have remained a mystery and not really have what happened between them dragged out. JoeF seemed quite happy for Larrin to be a big part of SGA and appear in lots of eps..that is also kind of suprising as I think he would keep up his flirty type of relationship with her... and I just feel that he wouldn't really be acting that wayif he was supposed to have feelings for someone else. At least JM has said that it looks like she won't be in anymore eps as she wasn't available.... just her people. Hopefully thats still true.
                  sigpic

Comment

Elf - Sorry dude!~ Was reposting for blue she said she never read it before...

That was awesome MrsB...

Spoiler:
                    I would love to see something like this in Outcast and was hoping that John was going back because of something like this. It would have made a wonderful angsty moment and his ex wife could have fitted in nicely to that scenario... but my fear is that it will be his ex that will be ill or in some kind of danger, and I just hope we don't get too many angsty scenes between her and Shep. I would have liked that part of his life to have remained a mystery and not really have what happened between them dragged out. JoeF seemed quite happy for Larrin to be a big part of SGA and appear in lots of eps..that is also kind of suprising as I think he would keep up his flirty type of relationship with her... and I just feel that he wouldn't really be acting that wayif he was supposed to have feelings for someone else. At least JM has said that it looks like she won't be in anymore eps as she wasn't available.... just her people. Hopefully thats still true.
                    I agree
                    Spoiler:
                    and have the same fear as you. I didnt like that he said that about Larrin, it was kinda a squash on J/T I thought, but maybe he just meant it like she's a cool character and adds to the humor/action of the show which is all fine and good.

Yeah if its the Ex he goes back to see I'm gonna be pissed. Period.

I'm happy with learning his backstory personally, but I am nervous about the ex's circumstance. I understand what you said about you like his story mysterious and want to know about who he is now, but I'd like to know what made him the way he is. But thats just me, maybe I watch too many LOST flashbacks LOL.

Glad you liked the clip though!!!

Comment

That was awesome MrsB...

Spoiler:
                      awesome Fic Mrs B
                      Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

I agree
                        Spoiler:
                        and have the same fear as you. I didnt like that he said that about Larrin, it was kinda a squash on J/T I thought, but maybe he just meant it like she's a cool character and adds to the humor/action of the show which is all fine and good.

Yeah if its the Ex he goes back to see I'm gonna be pissed. Period.

I'm happy with learning his backstory personally, but I am nervous about the ex's circumstance. I understand what you said about you like his story mysterious and want to know about who he is now, but I'd like to know what made him the way he is. But thats just me, maybe I watch too many LOST flashbacks LOL.

Glad you liked the clip though!!!

Spoiler:
                        I agree that Joe's comments about Larrin surprised me a bit.. I really didnt see the need for another female character, especially one who he wanted to play a big part in the show. Whats wrong with utilising the female characters they already have.. like Teyla, Sam and Keller. I wouldnt mind if she was a real foe but I can't say I'm interested in this sexy flirty type of relationship they have, and to me it would put a dampner on JT. I want a good adversary for Shep... like a female version of Koyla... but whats wrong with an older lady rather than the steryotypical type of hot babe. It just seems too cliched but I guess thats hollywood... the guys can be older and weathered but god forbid any of the woman should be anything less than buxom or hot.. I don't think this flirting or being taken with the princesses strenghtens Shep's character in any way either. I'd rather see the serious side of him and if we are to get some good character developement or backstory weave it seemlessly into the story.. not just pull something out of a hat to give us an "angsty" scenario. I would love to see Shep go head to head with either Rodney/Ronan or of course Teyla than with someone dragged up from his past. I would have liked to have seen more of his military background, and maybe some horrendous tortourous situations he was subjected to.. where he lost good men.. and let us see how that effected him, rather then his parents/siblings or ex wife. I don't think we will get to see his parents in Outcast.. they may be mentioned but I think JM said we wouldnt be seeing his father.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Donna!

Spoiler:
                          I agree that Joe's comments about Larrin surprised me a bit.. I really didnt see the need for another female character, especially one who he wanted to play a big part in the show. Whats wrong with utilising the female characters they already have.. like Teyla, Sam and Keller. I wouldnt mind if she was a real foe but I can't say I'm interested in this sexy flirty type of relationship they have, and to me it would put a dampner on JT. I want a good adversary for Shep... like a female version of Koyla... but whats wrong with an older lady rather than the steryotypical type of hot babe. It just seems too cliched but I guess thats hollywood... the guys can be older and weathered but god forbid any of the woman should be anything less than buxom or hot.. I don't think this flirting or being taken with the princesses strenghtens Shep's character in any way either. I'd rather see the serious side of him and if we are to get some good character developement or backstory weave it seemlessly into the story.. not just pull something out of a hat to give us an "angsty" scenario. I would love to see Shep go head to head with either Rodney/Ronan or of course Teyla than with someone dragged up from his past. I would have liked to have seen more of his military background, and maybe some horrendous tortourous situations he was subjected to.. where he lost good men.. and let us see how that effected him, rather then his parents/siblings or ex wife. I don't think we will get to see his parents in Outcast.. they may be mentioned but I think JM said we wouldnt be seeing his father.
                          You make excellent points Blue.
                          Spoiler:
                          One of the questions I asked JM would Ronon and Shep have anymore arguments like "Stunning vs. Killing" kindof thing. I'd like to see some animosity between team members, which is probably a very realistic approach anyways.

I like the sarcasm when he and Rodney go at it and stuff, but I am more for an action/angsty Shep. The question I asked today was if we would see a darker side to Shep would I think would be AWESOME. He's so conservative with his external emotions to see any of it bubble to the surface would be jarring to say the least.

But seeing some small clips from his past would be ok with me if they didnt involve the ex. Something like:

John's Father: Are you watching this boy? Cuz' some day you'll be a man and you'll need to know these things.

Young John: I don't wanna.

John's Father: You'll do as I say son, or you'll get a whipping like you aint never had.

Young John: Yes, sir.

John's Father slaughters a goat and blood splatters everywhere.

Young John turns and vomits at the sight.

John's Father:
                          Suck it up son, don't ever let people see your fear. Now get over here and you do it.

Young John: No....

John's Father: Right now boy or I swear I'll.....

Young John: NO!

etc, etc......
                          Last edited by MrsB108; 06 September 2007, 08:50 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE]

Not a problem. I loved it the first time I read it and even more the second time around. I liked this take on the scenario from the get go.
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Comment

[QUOTE=Elflinn;7076803]

Not a problem. I loved it the first time I read it and even more the second time around. I liked this take on the scenario from the get go.
                              Thanks alot Elf!!! I hope we're happy with what the show does with it

Comment

[QUOTE=MrsB108;7076826]
                                Originally posted by Elflinn View Post

Thanks alot Elf!!! I hope we're happy with what the show does with it
                                I hope so too! 22 DAYS! SDQUEEEEEEE!
                                Does any of you happen to remember some of the words for the 20 word challenge or whatever Camy put up for us to do? I am actually trying to do more than 3 MP's today. I noticed that I have been only doing three on each Thursday.I have some ideas for dialog but, I was as to what the word challenges are.
                                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                                sig by Sci!

Comment

Working...
                                X