No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I don't know if what I said will make any difference, if Pam will learn at all, but it'd be nice to get this thread back on track - with real discussion and fic recs etc.

I tend to only like friendship for the pair but I haven't seen too many fics for that, also I've seen on occasional good ship fics but mostly what puts me off the actual ship is the predominance of tweeny fics on ff.net. All I tend to get when clicking on a 'Sheyla' fic is pre-established OMG Teyla's pregnant (a high percentage with twins too!) or their Mary Sue-esque daughter has come back from the future fics. I guess all pairings have something like this, I know there are some M/W writers I avoid like the plague, but for Shep/Teyla sadly I haven't found many decent fics at all.

Maybe that's what I get for mainly looking on ff.net, or maybe there aren't many decent (non-tweeny) writers for this ship. If any one has any good recs I'd love them, friendship or more, just as long as it is the juicy stuff and not the same old cliched things I've seen so far. I suppose there may even be good ones on ff.net but they've gotten buried in the dregs as far as I can see. Sort of makes me want to take up writing this pairing, friendship or more, so that there's something not so cringeworthy around. Maybe if the standard of writing was better there might be more people who'd like the ship, I dunno. With so much tweeniness it puts me off, that, or makes me want to improve the level of fandom for the pairing.

But anyway, any recs by anyone? I could probably dig up the stories I've seen that I actually liked with Shep/Teyla in if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
      It's because so many people are so freakin close minded!!! "Eww she's an Alien!!! we can't have the hot earth dude with the good looking alien chick.... quick get the Brown haired Dr. Chick to break up with that Simon dude...then pair the hot earth dude with her...... good now nothing on this show is controversial, it's good and cliched, like it should be!"

Comment

As far as fanfic goes for Shep/Teyla, I have run into the same problems finding stuff to read, so I started writing my own. I've only done a couple so far, but if you like cute, fluffy, friendship type stuff (nothing explicit or pre-established), that's what I've been doing. Two of them are episode tags and one is just something I made up -- all I'll say is it involves popcorn and the word "chick flick". They're appropriate for all ages and hopefully will give you a smile.

You can find them at fanfiction.com under the author penname EclecticTrekker (that's me!). I love feedback and reviews, so drop me a line and tell me how you liked the stories once you're finished. Hope that this helps a little bit.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
          As far as fanfic goes for Shep/Teyla, I have run into the same problems finding stuff to read, so I started writing my own. I've only done a couple so far, but if you like cute, fluffy, friendship type stuff (nothing explicit or pre-established), that's what I've been doing. Two of them are episode tags and one is just something I made up -- all I'll say is it involves popcorn and the word "chick flick". They're appropriate for all ages and hopefully will give you a smile.

You can find them at fanfiction.com under the author penname EclecticTrekker (that's me!). I love feedback and reviews, so drop me a line and tell me how you liked the stories once you're finished. Hope that this helps a little bit.
          Well I guess I'm looking for Shep/Teyla that's more gritty and not fluff, but I'll give your stories a go, anything without future kids or buns in the oven has to worth a read. (Read them and left feedback, was some nice stuff compared to what I usually see for Shep/Teyla).

I think the only person I can remember who I think does good Shep/Teyla is tielan - a very good writer who's done at least one or two with hintings if not more for this pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
            I think the only person I can remember who I think does good Shep/Teyla is tielan - a very good writer who's done at least one or two with hintings if not more for this pair.
            Oh yes! I love "Sensitivity", "Worth Something" and its sequel (I can't think of the name right now). nostalgia also has a good one: "Sympathetic Magic".
            Earth...steaks. There's a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by skye1974
              Oh yes! I love "Sensitivity", "Worth Something" and its sequel (I can't think of the name right now). nostalgia also has a good one: "Sympathetic Magic".
              I loved Sensitivity, it was more friendship though it did have some attraction mixed it, just a great fic for Teyla generally. Worth Something was pretty damn good for an actual ship fic for them. I think I've read nostalgia's fic but not sure, could I have a link to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                I loved Sensitivity, it was more friendship though it did have some attraction mixed it, just a great fic for Teyla generally. Worth Something was pretty damn good for an actual ship fic for them. I think I've read nostalgia's fic but not sure, could I have a link to it?
                Here ya go: Sympathetic Magic. There's also a couple of good ::choke:: Shep/Weir fics ::choke:: by the same author on that site.

I have the same issues with S/T fic that you do. Bad, childish fic coupled with bad, childish shippers has turned me off a bit on this ship.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard

Well, I agree with you on this...I have read a lot of the fanfictions and have also noticed that Teyla ends up pregnant in most of them. I will check some of your stories...Thanks...

As for people continuing to think that I am Pam...All I have to say is....then call me Pam....I don't care! My new name is Pam....If the real Pam is reading this...I hope that you don't mind... but some people will do just about anything to stop this thread from going....They almost did it too.........
                  I've noticed that when the thread is going great...right away...Pam, Pam, had something to do with this....But, I am not going to argue or discuss this...I will keep posting even if no one responds to me....
                  I can just express my feelings....Go Sheppard and Teyla......

I would also like to know how and when did I offend someone or was disrespectful or criticize Weir or any other thread...
                  like Sheppard said...."Why don't you check those accusations"...loved that scene.....
                  Oh, I will still be under, Camy.....
                  Wow, I don't think I have ever came across a Pam that is Hispanic.....but, oh well, Pam it is....I'm the new Pam, I'm the new Pam, I'm the new Pam...
                  See what you people have done to me.......I got it handed to you, though you guys are really good at this....I am just an amateur....
                  Good group strategy too....Wow.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                    Well, I agree with you on this...I have read a lot of the fanfictions and have also noticed that Teyla ends up pregnant in most of them. I will check some of your stories...Thanks...

As for people continuing to think that I am Pam...All I have to say is....then call me Pam....I don't care! My new name is Pam....If the real Pam is reading this...I hope that you don't mind... but some people will do just about anything to stop this thread from going....They almost did it too.........
                    I've noticed that when the thread is going great...right away...Pam, Pam, had something to do with this....But, I am not going to argue or discuss this...I will keep posting even if no one responds to me....
                    I can just express my feelings....Go Sheppard and Teyla......

I would also like to know how and when did I offend someone or was disrespectful or criticize Weir or any other thread...
                    like Sheppard said...."Why don't you check those accusations"...loved that scene.....
                    Wow, I don't think I have ever came across a Pam that is Hispanic.....but, oh well, Pam it is....I'm the new Pam, I'm the new Pam, I'm the new Pam...
                    See what you people have done to me.......I got it handed to you, though you guys are really good at this....I am just an amateur....
                    My lowly opinion? If you're not "Pam", then the best thing to do is just drop it and post in a mature, non-confrontational and non-insulting fashion.

Comment

My lowly opinion? If you're not "Pam", then the best thing to do is just drop it and post in a mature, non-confrontational and non-insulting fashion.

I agree...so when exactly did I insult anyone...can you please put in quotes so that I don't make the same mistake again? Because if people are accusing me of insulting anyone and or offending anyone, I would like to know when and recognize it and try to correct it...If that is what I did....
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree...so when exactly did I insult anyone...can you please put in quotes so that I don't make the same mistake again? Because if people are accusing me of insulting anyone and or offending anyone, I would like to know when and recognize it and try to correct it...If that is what I did....
                        I'm sorry. I should have said, "continue to post in a mature blah blah blah".

Comment

I'm sorry. I should have said, "continue to post in a mature blah blah blah".

Thank you for your correction, but again....when was I inmature? Just trying to find my mistake. Because, in my view and my intentions have always been to state my opinions in a respectable way. Now if my opinions have offended anyone...then that is different...never my intention but I feel that I should have the right to express my opinions freely...everyone else does, why can't I? of coarse without offending anyone.. So, again. please show me with my actual postings when my written words offended someone, or a character or when my words were inmature, as you and others claim.....so that I don't repeat again....
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey, does anyone know which episode
                            Spoiler:
                            Shep and Teyla kiss in?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              Spoiler:
                              Shep and Teyla kiss in?

Spoiler BELOW! YOU have been warned!

Apparently is
                              Conversion.
                              sigpic

Comment

Here ya go: Sympathetic Magic. There's also a couple of good ::choke:: Shep/Weir fics ::choke:: by the same author on that site.

I have the same issues with S/T fic that you do. Bad, childish fic coupled with bad, childish shippers has turned me off a bit on this ship.
                                I agree, should the thread get back on track with discussion as well as all the good fic/vid recs, as well as any squeeing, then I think I may gain more enjoyment of the ship, friendship and maybe even more!
                                That's funny, that's sounds like the same paranoia Pam exhibits., I wonder...
                                No one is out to get Shep/Teyla ship, nor the thread. I'd like some discussion yeah, and not the same regurgitated 'I hope they don't go with Ronon/Teyla because it'd be a mistake/everyone can so clearly see Sheyla is the way but are ignoring it' stuff I've noticed of late.
                                Really? Fab. I'll just ignore all your posts here from now on then, shall I, because if you really don't mind. Besides, why do you say when the thread is going great? Was it going great lately when you've been here, for the last month, not as far as I see. Minimum posts, barely anyone, like 3 or so shippers and the same old same old stuff with only squeeing and no new discussion past how R/T is getting in the way. To me it seems stilted and devoid of anything much, which considering how other ship threads are doing great I didn't understand how it could be. I thought there were more S/T fans than M/W and yet that thread is flourishing and this isn't. But you can decide if that means it's going great of course.
                                Oh yes, telling me your hispanic totally proves you're not Pam! Good at this, at what? I'm telling it how it feels to me. And no, there is no group strategy, I said what I felt should be said and a fair amount of others happen to agree. It'd be a mighty coincidence if we all mistakenly believed you were Pam when you're not, don't you think?
                                OH....I just came from the message board in the MGM website and I can't stand the people there....All they do is bash on Teyla....I can't understand why people just can't find something else to discuss without having to continously trash her....
                                Is that because Pam isn't getting along so well on there, suffering the same problems she had here as actual!Pam..?
                                In any case, I hope the writers don't see these posting or the actors...Not only do we have bashing in each of the supporting threads...but now there are Anti Ship threads....I don't know.....it just sounds to me like some people are really out of control and they should really just find another show to watch if this whole thing bothers them so much.....
                                Where is there bashing in either Rachel or Joe's threads?! Plus people do have the right to an anti-ship thread as much as a ship one. Leave them be, it's no more strange than spending effort on a ship thread really.
                                and
                                Do you mean as Pam, Crystal, SheylaFreak or just Camy? Well I'll start off with you as you are here. How about... on the Teyla thread about how Weir people were bashing Teyla on their threads when you'd not even been on the threads in question - here.

But mainly it's your attitude being strikingly like Pam's, oh and the elipses and little linguistic things (let me see searched the forum for people who refer to them as John and Teyla like you do here, here, here and here, here, here and oh look see only you, Crystal and Pam and literally a handful of people refer to them as that! With only an even smaller number using that phrasing regularly in posting) - not much on it's own but it isn't the only thing going for the arguement - plus the pretending not to know spoilers/links/quotes etc doesn't help, you've posted enough you should know (infact someone here told you how to!), as it is it looks like you're bodging them to try to prove something.

Also your contradicting yourself in brief times - you say here that you can't se any ship working apart from S/T () but now you post on M/W suddenly? You also said ff.net had some great stories, here and here, so where are they if you also agree on the badness of most of them having pregnant Teyla (while simultaneously praising the fic there)?

It's really not so much you've been offensive as Camy but the evidence just adds up to you being Pam - a certain sense of deja vu anyone?
                                Moley,
                                Couldn't have said it better myself....
                                <snip>
                                Sheyla All THe Way
                                couldn't say what you really wanted to? Oh wait you did, funny because I've only seen one other person take this phrase...
                                <snip>...however, I say....John and Teyla all the way!

And back to the Shep/Teyla actual discussion

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Spoiler:
                                Shep and Teyla kiss in?
                                Supposedly in Conversion.
                                Spoiler:
                                A big squee moment for everyone who ships romanctically I'm sure.
                                Last edited by Purpleyin; 10 September 2005, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X