Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
    Spoiler:
    That's totally true, I had forgotten that episode. I'm not for him having a kid because A. It does seem like a soap opera and B. It makes him sound like a stereotypical dead-beat dad which I can't see him being.

The episode has yet to be written, yes?

Either way, I'm excited for some Shep character development. Phantoms was a good tast of how his past was...
    Yeah they have just started to break the story...but put it on hold for a little while since something else came up,,, but they will be back breaking the story soon again...

And no I can't see that happening... I would most likely *gag* at it,, just to cliché...
    Spoiler:
    And somehow I don't think his marriage was long either... his attitude in Sunday wasn't like he had any regrets or anything... or that he even thought about it anymore... he had the attitude of ,,been there, done that, moved on... I don't really think it's a big issue for him anymore... so I can't even see him pitching anything doing with his ex-wife... for JF I would feel it would be more...about maybe his parents,, and his military career and friends that he lost.. JF has stated not to liking romance on the show for just that reason alone...so to pitch a story about some past romance,,and well let's face it the story would then be about romance alone.. the girl would be there just for that purpose,,and JF isn't thrilled with it according to an interview he gave recently... him as a person today I think is more defined by his career in the military and his parents... and if the case is that his wife left him for some reason...I can't really see him contacting her,,,since he seemed to have moved on from her... other wise I think he would have made a bigger deal about it in Sunday
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

So I've been thinking...

S4 spoilers:

Spoiler:
      So if I have heard through the grapevine correctly, John's going back to Earth to deal with...issues? I think I have heard maybe it's his ex-wife or something. But what if it's his child? Maybe because of Teyla's pregnancy and his involvement with it (even if it is just to be a support), he feels compelled to "tie loose ends" with his own kid.

If it was this scenario, what do you think? Help or hurt the JT love?

And to answer your question MrsB, I would be fine with any scenario as long as Ronan, Zelenka, Rodney, Carson or anyone else from Atlantis (and that included smooth Colonel Caldwell ) isn't the father.
      Spoiler:
      Oo, that's hard. Ok, I might see him visiting the ex (and I believe so far that is all rumor), but if it's an issue with his kid then that means that he chose to have no contact with him/her. I don't know if I can respect that no matter how old the kid is. Even if his kid is in his twenty and their relationship is strained, wouldn't you think that he would still a message in LFP? That's just my opinion. I can see that his ex never told him that he has a kid. I just wondering if it has to do with family and he just ends up seeing her during that time. Stuff like that.

Comment

I'm glad you liked it! I have a few others...but I'll save them for a rainy day!

Believe it or not, (I know I totally can't) I actually finished a little story. It's small, but it's complete. It's called Losing. So, hopefully, enjoy!

Sci, I should have your next part done by tonight (my time). We'll see if my girls will let me.
        Jess, It says that it can't find the story.

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
          Yeah they have just started to break the story...but put it on hold for a little while since something else came up,,, but they will be back breaking the story soon again...

And no I can't see that happening... I would most likely *gag* at it,, just to cliché...
          Spoiler:
          And somehow I don't think his marriage was long either... his attitude in Sunday wasn't like he had any regrets or anything... or that he even thought about it anymore... he had the attitude of ,,been there, done that, moved on... I don't really think it's a big issue for him anymore... so I can't even see him pitching anything doing with his ex-wife... for JF I would feel it would be more...about maybe his parents,, and his military career and friends that he lost.. JF has stated not to liking romance on the show for just that reason alone...so to pitch a story about some past romance,,and well let's face it the story would then be about romance alone.. the girl would be there just for that purpose,,and JF isn't thrilled with it according to an interview he gave recently... him as a person today I think is more defined by his career in the military and his parents... and if the case is that his wife left him for some reason...I can't really see him contacting her,,,since he seemed to have moved on from her... other wise I think he would have made a bigger deal about it in Sunday
          Nina do you know where that interview is?
          Spoiler:
          And if JF said that he's not into romance, then I'm sure that that is not going to happen too soon. He said the same about kids, animals and puppets.

Comment

WoooHooo Congrats J/T fans to 1600 pages....
            Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
            Wooooooooooo congrats to us!!

Hey YC - Awesome story man, five stars, wish it was REAL!!
            GO US FOR 1600 PAGES!!

Spoiler:
            Last edited by Elflinn; 06 August 2007, 01:48 PM.
            1-800-Iluv-JandT
            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Happy 1600 pages !!!!!

Elf hun you're stretching the page.
              You can do two rows of Dancing Joe. Woohoo!!!

Comment

1,600 pages? not by my count(670) anyhow Scifan, did you see me offer?

Elf: could you put those in spoiler tags? thankies! *gets dragged off for a "welcome home" party*

later guys!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                  Jess, It says that it can't find the story.
                  *sobs* I had to delete the first one. I can't that. This link should work. Let me know if it doesn't...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3707006/1/losing
                  sigpic
                  Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Nina do you know where that interview is?
                    Spoiler:
                    And if JF said that he's not into romance, then I'm sure that that is not going to happen too soon. He said the same about kids, animals and puppets.
                    Can't remember which official Stargate magazine it was..either the last or the one before that...
                    Well he isn't into the thing where there is a female there for only romance purpose... he doesn't want the sappy thing... that all it's done is just pure romance...he said if romance is to be introduced into a show like this...it has to be in a way that there has to be some kind of struggle of being together...not everything would be fluffy,,, and to tell the truth...that fits J/T... they are at war..they lead people..it wouldn't be a walk on roses..they would have to struggle, hit obstacles..and overcome them
                    sigpic
                    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                      1,600 pages? not by my count(670) anyhow Scifan, did you see me offer?

Elf: could you put those in spoiler tags? thankies! *gets dragged off for a "welcome home" party*

later guys!
                      I must have forgot to respond. Sorry.
                      Spoiler:
                      I have and idea of Teyla going through hypnosis with Heightmeyer and she find out that it was the replicator plan to capture Weir the whole time. They want her to teach them to ascend. Now John and them plan to rescue her and try to find more clue on finding the Athosian. How's that.

Comment

Can't remember which official Stargate magazine it was..either the last or the one before that...
                        Well he isn't into the thing where there is a female there for only romance purpose... he doesn't want the sappy thing... that all it's done is just pure romance...he said if romance is to be introduced into a show like this...it has to be in a way that there has to be some kind of struggle of being together...not everything would be fluffy,,, and to tell the truth...that fits J/T... they are at war..they lead people..it wouldn't be a walk on roses..they would have to struggle, hit obstacles..
                        I think he even mentions that in the commentary on Rising on S1 DVD's. There is a You tube vid from a Con where he mentions this too. He was talking about
                        Hermiod and how he hated the puppet and couldn't stand it! It is very funny actually. You are right Nina.That does fit J/T. He and MW discuss this on the DVD.
                        1-800-Iluv-JandT
                        sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Well he isn't into the thing where there is a female there for only romance purpose... he doesn't want the sappy thing... that all it's done is just pure romance...he said if romance is to be introduced into a show like this...it has to be in a way that there has to be some kind of struggle of being together...not everything would be fluffy,,, and to tell the truth...that fits J/T... they are at war..they lead people..it wouldn't be a walk on roses..they would have to struggle, hit obstacles..and overcome them
                          Thanks Nina. That makes me feel better.

Jess thanks. It's making me wait now.

Elf: 17 more posts to go!!!

Comment

Thanks Nina. That makes me feel better.

Jess thanks. It's making me wait now.
                            Glad I could be of assistance...
                            sigpic
                            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Oh my we are good with milestones aren't we.....

WooHooo Congrats J/T fans...we have reached 32000 posts!!!!

man,,didn't we have a posting milestone just a short while ago... J/T ROCKS
                              sigpic
                              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Wasn't the interview in the last official Stargate Magazine ... I'm sure it was LC that posted it.

He said that he doesn't mind it if it's a natural progression of the show and he likes to see them fighting to be together, not some lovey dovey sappy story.. but I can't see JF pitching a romance story or an ex wife story. I also don't think there will be any mention of kids in it. John said he had no kids and I can't really see his ex wife keeping something like that from him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X