X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=gatelover12]
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by MartinGero
    p.s. sometimes a hug is just a hug. Sheppard put his life on the line to save Weir and the entire city…heck, I’D give him a hug the next time I saw him too.
    Yay! there's hope! GERO! GERO! GERO! (i'll fetch the link in a sec) EDIT: here.
    hey, love-square fangirl can dream, can't she??

though i gotta agree... i woulda given him a hug when he got back, too

and OMG!!! i looooooooooooooooooooooooooove your new sig, krissy!!! *snurches*

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
      and OMG!!! i looooooooooooooooooooooooooove your new sig, krissy!!! *snurches*
      I had a wallpaper like the sig too.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Hey there are con pics of this years Comic con of Joe and Rachel and the others but Joe and Rachel were sitting next to each other and ther are also solo shots of them to. Check it out here Con pics
        Last edited by Sheylafan87; 18 July 2005, 01:09 AM.
        part of:
        Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

[QUOTE=gatelover12]
          Spoiler:
          p.s. sometimes a hug is just a hug. Sheppard put his life on the line to save Weir and the entire city…heck, I’D give him a hug the next time I saw him too.[/QUOTE
          Yay! there's hope! GERO! GERO! GERO! (i'll fetch the link in a sec) EDIT: here.
          I know I'll regret it later on but I ventured into the Shep/Weir and McKay/Weir Shipper Threads for their take on
          Spoiler:
          "the hug".

The McKay/Weir following are as dissappointed as we are and obviously the Shep/Weir contingent are all over this. Personally, I'm a little disquieted that the PTBs have decided to jump from shipper camp to shipper camp so soon. Its gonna be a long 7 years if this carries on. Pick one already.

At least with SG1, Jack had the choice of Sam or...making a very significant lifestyle change.

Comment

[QUOTE=Deborah]
            Originally posted by gatelover12
            [spoil]

I know I'll regret it later on but I ventured into the Shep/Weir and McKay/Weir Shipper Threads for their take on
            Spoiler:
            "the hug".

The McKay/Weir following are as dissappointed as we are and obviously the Shep/Weir contingent are all over this. Personally, I'm a little disquieted that the PTBs have decided to jump from shipper camp to shipper camp so soon. Its gonna be a long 7 years if this carries on. Pick one already.

At least with SG1, Jack had the choice of Sam or...making a very significant lifestyle change.
            I don't see what the big deal was about that scene. I didn't get any romantic vibe out of it whatsoever. Maybe it's just me (and I'm sure it is) but I haven't seen one shipper moment for anyone on this show so far. I guess it has to kick me in the face in order for me to see it, but glances and so-called stares do not equal romantic feelings to me.
            Earth...steaks. There's a difference?

Comment

[QUOTE=skye1974]
              Originally posted by Deborah
              I don't see what the big deal was about that scene. I didn't get any romantic vibe out of it whatsoever. Maybe it's just me (and I'm sure it is) but I haven't seen one shipper moment for anyone on this show so far. I guess it has to kick me in the face in order for me to see it, but glances and so-called stares do not equal romantic feelings to me.
              I didn't see any romantic vobes but it was a great scene and so I understand why the ShWeir Supporters are gushing
              There was Sheppard doing the licking lip thing and eye contact and if you're a shipper you can see it as a shipper connection .. If it was Sheyla I would be gushing too as I'm sure we will get to see some Sheyla moments we may be interpreting differently on too
              My way of thinking is by bringing on Dex it makes the Sheyla shipping moreso controvesary and I'm seeing plenty of Dex & Teyla supporters ( and predictably alot of them are .. yup Shep & Weir fans who hope Teyla & Dex takes off so it leaves Shep & Weir as the couple standing ) but IMO if the above scanerio occurs Weir gets Shep but only due to Dex which I still think is going to backfire but who knows ? LOL
              Personally IMO I think the fanbases are all strong for these couplings Sheyla, ShWeir, McWeir, DeTey, and so forth and TPTB will play all couples thereby always keeping the shipping element ongoing but right now the groundwork is definetely, pro Sheyla vs ShWeir and IMO this is the one that has the biggest support because if Shep gets with Weir the Sheyla Supporters are going to start retialiating especially if it is not given a chance and Teyla is stuck with Dex and if Shep gets with Teyla you have alot of ShWeir supporters unhappy and TPTB are not going to start alienating any fanbases so we will see development for both directions and fans of either ship will be okay with it ..
              As for me I'm a big Shep fan so will watch anyway but the coupling I really have no desire watching is Teyla with Dex,, I'd rather see Teyla with McKay and Beckett instead but not Dex..

Pam

Pam

Comment

Normally I just lurk in this thread, but I do want to respond to something here.

My way of thinking is by bringing on Dex it makes the Sheyla shipping moreso controvesary and I'm seeing plenty of Dex & Teyla supporters ( and predictably alot of them are .. yup Shep & Weir fans who hope Teyla & Dex takes off so it leaves Shep & Weir as the couple standing )
                Please, don't assume we're so petty that we'd ship Teyla/Ronon so Sheppard can be "safe" for Weir. I don't understand the phenomenon of shipping both Sheppard/Teyla and McKay/Weir because I don't see either of them, but I assume those who do have reasons beyond liking one of the ships and shipping the other to neutralize the "threat" from a rival ship.

I can't speak for others who are interested in Teyla/Ronon, but I am for completely different reasons. I see more complete spoilers than most do because I get the casting sides. I'm not reading someone else's interpretation of the sides, but reading them for myself. As I've said in other places, if Jason Momoa is any good at all, Dex will be an interesting character with a lot of complexities, and he and Teyla have an interesting vibe in the scenes I've read. I'm looking forward to how that plays out. Most of us are at that point. There are very few who are actually shipping it already. That'd be pretty stupid, since we haven't even met Ronon yet.

As for which has the most support, I can't say anything definitively, but at the sites I visit (some of which are multifandom), Sheppard/Weir has the largest and most active group of shippers, at least on the het side of fandom. Personally, I think TPTB were rather caught off-guard on how a large portion of the fandom reacted to Sheppard and Weir, so they're trying to get their bearings on which one works better in terms of plot and actor chemistry. That would explain why we're hearing rumors about both happening this season.
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

[QUOTE=John&Teylaalltheway]
                  Originally posted by skye1974
                  Personally IMO I think the fanbases are all strong for these couplings Sheyla, ShWeir, McWeir, DeTey, and so forth and TPTB will play all couples thereby always keeping the shipping element ongoing but right now the groundwork is definetely, pro Sheyla vs ShWeir and IMO this is the one that has the biggest support because if Shep gets with Weir the Sheyla Supporters are going to start retialiating especially if it is not given a chance and Teyla is stuck with Dex and if Shep gets with Teyla you have alot of ShWeir supporters unhappy and TPTB are not going to start alienating any fanbases so we will see development for both directions and fans of either ship will be okay with it ..
                  I really hope it doesn't start getting nasty. I saw way too much of that with Sam/Jack. I ended up visiting forums less and less because of all the snarking and negative feedback the cast and crew were getting.

With Atlantis I was looking forward to keeping an open mind. Even though I'm an avid Sheyla supporter, I keep telling myself 'calm down, just enjoy the show whatever happens.'

As for me I'm a big Shep fan so will watch anyway but the coupling I really have no desire watching is Teyla with Dex,, I'd rather see Teyla with McKay and Beckett instead but not Dex..

Pam
                  So with you on that. Beckett would be my back up if things went wrong with Sheyla.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    Normally I just lurk in this thread, but I do want to respond to something here.

Please, don't assume we're so petty that we'd ship Teyla/Ronon so Sheppard can be "safe" for Weir. I don't understand the phenomenon of shipping both Sheppard/Teyla and McKay/Weir because I don't see either of them, but I assume those who do have reasons beyond liking one of the ships and shipping the other to neutralize the "threat" from a rival ship.

I can't speak for others who are interested in Teyla/Ronon, but I am for completely different reasons. I see more complete spoilers than most do because I get the casting sides. I'm not reading someone else's interpretation of the sides, but reading them for myself. As I've said in other places, if Jason Momoa is any good at all, Dex will be an interesting character with a lot of complexities, and he and Teyla have an interesting vibe in the scenes I've read. I'm looking forward to how that plays out. Most of us are at that point. There are very few who are actually shipping it already. That'd be pretty stupid, since we haven't even met Ronon yet.
                    I agree with most everything you said, Melyanna. Although I have seen some S/W shippers who are eager to pair Teyla off with someone to keep the ship safe. I remember in particular, one such shipper posting the same message in a few different threads about how Teyla smiled at Ford and called him by his first name, so look! there's something there! I guess my point is that I know that people like these do exist, but I'm also smart enough to realize that the majority of S/W shippers are people who don't take this "ship" thing to extremes (I just reread this and I don't mean this in a snotty or sarcastic way).

By the way, I'm mildly interested in Teyla/Ronon, too.
                    Last edited by skye1974; 18 July 2005, 08:22 AM.
                    Earth...steaks. There's a difference?

Comment

As for which has the most support, I can't say anything definitively, but at the sites I visit (some of which are multifandom), Sheppard/Weir has the largest and most active group of shippers, at least on the het side of fandom. Personally, I think TPTB were rather caught off-guard on how a large portion of the fandom reacted to Sheppard and Weir, so they're trying to get their bearings on which one works better in terms of plot and actor chemistry. That would explain why we're hearing rumors about both happening this season.
                      I tend to agree that the Shep/Weir contingent does seem to be larger in number than Shep/Teyla, just from the volume of sites and fan-fiction on the net alone. That said, the Shep/Weir thing even caught me off guard, I figured their relationship was more akin to that of Janeway/Chakotay.

I have to say I would prefer to see Shep/Teyla develop more but I think its a good idea to encourage the rest of the fandom to stay positive and open-minded. Lets try to reserve judgement on all sides, if only for the sake of giving the cast and crew an easier time of it.

Comment

Fair enough and wonderfully worded Melyanna
                        I do agree the Shep & weir is the most popular in the Fandom but I think there is a strong fanbase for Shep & Teyla and TPTB know that too ..
                        I think Shep & Weir is a strong possibility but do not count out Shep & Teyla .. I think TPTB know they have Shep between two women who fans like him with but when all is said and done neither ShWeir nor Sheyla might happen so LOL
                        Somebody said at the Con when Joe hinted at a particular thing coming up for Sheyla ..some were happy and some were not but Joe himself said he did not understand why the fanbases could not get along and he is right .. Personally I highly doubt either Teyla nor Weir will really ever get with Shep but do think TPTB will continue doing it to keep the debate going on
                        My issue about Shep & Teyla is TPTB aren't really allowing the coupling to get started right and only showcasing Shep & Weir is not fair IMO ..
                        Granted Shep & Teyla have scenes together but except for the few times most of Shep scenes are always opposite Weir and that's disappointing to me but if Shep & Weir happen I'll watch since I think Shep is Hot & Sexy but I simply do not see anything between Shep & Weir but again if I was I'd see it and more simply because I'd want to see it .. Am I making any sense ? LOL
                        And I'm sorry for any pigeon -holing of the Shep & Weir fans since I'm aware there are those who do not enjoy shipping yet like the idea of Dex & Teyla but not me which is why I said I would rather see McTey or TeBec instead since I simply do not see anything between Teyla & Dex and even on the Inside Sci Fi didn't find Dex impressive and he and Teyla just didn't for me ..
                        I guess I'm asking for Sheyla at least given a chance before being cut-off in favor of ShWeir and all indications are judging by upcoming scoops that's not gonna happen and it really sucks ..

Pam

Comment

Hi I'm totally new to this board and I hope I don't regret posting but what the heck. I'm a huge Teyla and Sheppard shipper. In all honesty I don't see anyother possibility. I believe this will be the end result though they will take there sweet time. Romance on a SciFi show must go very slowely or it will crash and burn. The only show I've ever seen in which they did it right was Farscape.

I don't want to bash Weir but whenever I see her I always think of her as being much older than sheppard. I know she isn't but she sure acts that way. I think Weir and Sheppard have a great relationship. She's the older sister and he's the younger brother she needs to keep an eye on. I don't think a romantic relationship was considered here. It just doen't make anysense. That's me though. The hug took Sheppard by surprise and to me it was a thank god your alive we've already lost to many. Oh and the big thing about Teyla not hugging him. Well she was not in the area and I don't think she even knew about what he was doing.

Also after I saw the special on Friday I got the impression that Weir and Caldwell were going to have something going on. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this I think that's a good pairing. As for Dex we'll have to wait and see I almost wonder if Sheppard is thinking I'm not ready for a serious thing with Teyla but I'm not going to let anyone else have one with her. I see some jealousy coming in here and I like it. I think in the end Dex will have to bow out Teyla and Sheppard have a special connection and I think they will take there sweet time. This show could be on the air for many many years at least I hope so. It wouldn't be as much fun if they got together right away. I like things strung around and not the center of the show. We'll I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by John&Teylaalltheway
                            and I'm seeing plenty of Dex & Teyla supporters ( and predictably alot of them are .. yup Shep & Weir fans who hope Teyla & Dex takes off so it leaves Shep & Weir as the couple standing )
                            Most of the Teyla/Dex shippers I've seen haven't shipped anything before. I like Shep/Teyla/Dex myself. Maybe Weir/Shep/Teyla/Dex.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by damson30
                              Hi I'm totally new to this board and I hope I don't regret posting but what the heck. I'm a huge Teyla and Sheppard shipper. In all honesty I don't see anyother possibility. I believe this will be the end result though they will take there sweet time. Romance on a SciFi show must go very slowely or it will crash and burn. The only show I've ever seen in which they did it right was Farscape.

I don't want to bash Weir but whenever I see her I always think of her as being much older than sheppard. I know she isn't but she sure acts that way. I think Weir and Sheppard have a great relationship. She's the older sister and he's the younger brother she needs to keep an eye on. I don't think a romantic relationship was considered here. It just doen't make anysense. That's me though. The hug took Sheppard by surprise and to me it was a thank god your alive we've already lost to many. Oh and the big thing about Teyla not hugging him. Well she was not in the area and I don't think she even knew about what he was doing.

Also after I saw the special on Friday I got the impression that Weir and Caldwell were going to have something going on. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this I think that's a good pairing. As for Dex we'll have to wait and see I almost wonder if Sheppard is thinking I'm not ready for a serious thing with Teyla but I'm not going to let anyone else have one with her. I see some jealousy coming in here and I like it. I think in the end Dex will have to bow out Teyla and Sheppard have a special connection and I think they will take there sweet time. This show could be on the air for many many years at least I hope so. It wouldn't be as much fun if they got together right away. I like things strung around and not the center of the show. We'll I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Hello Damson
                              Always great seeing another Sheyla Shipper
                              Really great post and you did bring up interesting points of observation which are appreciated & welcomed
                              I agree on the Sheyla romance developing slowly and can accept it ..
                              In Season 2 though I would appreciate seeing ongoing Sheyla interaction and more development for the characters individually and together
                              I admit I am apprehensive though about the addition of Dex since I really do not think Dex is needed and didn't find him impressive in the Inside Sci Fi special either but do admit Jason seems sweet but I'm not into men like Dex so that's probably why I'm not hyped about him but who knows I could be proven wrong LOL but if Sheyla stays the endgame coupling I can handle the Dex stuff in doses but that's about it
                              At first I wanted ShWeir but after seeing the initial scenes between Sheyla and the chemistry between the character I cannot see Shep with Weir now but can with Teyla so ...
                              Again thanks for expressing yourself and hope to see you post more

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
                                Maybe Weir/Shep/Teyla/Dex.
                                no no!! You know the perfect dex ship ;
                                Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Working...
                                X