No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Sanssong.... I just love their interaction on the screen...Joe and Rachel do their scenes just perfect...how they can say so much by just giving eachother looks...they don't have to talk...they know the other so well they can tell by just looking at eachother... you truly see how close they have gotten over three seasons...

No the writers don't always succeed in every episode...but just as you I hardly think they are trying to destroy what they have created...like others like to say and nag about...

There isn't one show on TV that I know of that haven't made changes to either the material or the cast..and I really don't have any problems really with the cast changes for season 4... I'm not going to say to hell with it,,,without knowing how the show will turn out... I will watch and I will judge it then but only then... even these tiny clips don't tell me how the season will turn out...but even if the clips very small... the season looks intresting...

I didn't for example say to hell with SG1 just because RDA left...and he was my favorite of the show... if I start something ,,I usually watch it until the stories itself will bore me to death...but so far SGA hasn't had storylines that has bored me to death that I'll consider stop watching even if they are doing changes...

I love this scifi show...and well I'll like a touch of romance,,, *lol* but I want it subtle... I have never wanted anything overdone...
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Quania saw your vid. I have this thing for vids using R&B songs or hip hop. I think it's mainly because I remember John having hip hop playing in the background of his party at his flat with Teyla in "HOME". And I kept thinking to myself...John like hip hop?! Cool. So since then, I like scouting out vids of JT R&B tunes, it's very hard and very rare. So far you're the second artist I know to use any sort of R&B tune solely for JT love action.

Good job, I really like the work.
      Last edited by vaberella; 09 June 2007, 03:31 PM.
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        Spoiler:
        You could be right Donna... what if Teyla is telling John that she is leaving Atlantis because she needs to go and find her people, and she knows that John has responsibilities on Atlantis and doesn't want him to come with her.. so they would BOTH be sad.. Teyla because she is doing what she feels she has to out of her loyalty to her people .. but of course doesn't want to leave John.. and John is devastated that she is leaving.... so she could be saying goodbye ... but instead of the head touch .. she is using the earth customs out of her love and respect for John..

so angsty moment ensues and both are upset... but I'm sure John will go after Teyla anyway..
        I like your thinking
        Spoiler:
        That would explain why they are both sad. But I was also thinking that it has to be early into season 4 because she is barely showing a baby bump. Maybe it's him feeling bad for what happens in Doppleganger. (Big wild guess.) Or they are both worried that Weir is not going to make it? Who knows. In the clip of her in Missing, the bam bam vid, she seems to have a bigger bump. That could be just me.

Ruby, Where's our story for this?

Comment

Before I go back to my S4 domain. I saw BP's name down there and since I missed her since I've been away...I want to send out my love. How you doin' girl? I haven't seen you in forever!! Hope you saw the vid!!! I know you have must have a lot to say about it.

Talk to you later love. Long live JT.
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Hey Camy, I bet this won't be an anniversary you forget.
            Last edited by scifan; 09 June 2007, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
              Night Roo...have fun clubbing... don't scare anyone in the club if you suddenly find youself in a squee moment..
              hehe its ok that didnt happen!
              Originally posted by vaberella View Post
              OT to Roo:
              Spoiler:
              Clubbing in London? Beware the ringing in the ears. The one thing I didn't miss about London.
              London? nope in Swansea (Wales) where i go to uni (although not for much longer ) i do still have the ringing in my ears though....ive sobered up now though so i thought id pop on here before bed
              Originally posted by sanssong View Post
              Howdy Roo! It has been a long time. Sorry bout that. With me working full time, I'm maxed out. I was just lucky to be on vacation when this lovely news hit.

Just a side note. To help Love Conquer's out so her server doesn't crash, we at JTC also have the converted clip posted there as well. The link is in my sig.
              it has been ages!! yay for vacation!! long live J T !!!!
              Originally posted by NinaM View Post
              Even as a J/T shipper,,,I have never been the typical romance kind of a girl...I don't usually watch chick flicks,, or typical romance movies,, I detest soap operas...can't stand them...
              This is a scifi show... I can handle what we are getting now...sure I want it to be established... but I don't need to see it every 10 min in every episode... I wouldn't mind if there just was a mention for it somewhere,,,an odd moments during the season... I have never wanted J/T to be in my face all the time,,taking away from the awesome stories... if they take the next step..sure I will squee and I will cheer,,,but I want it to be done right.. I can handle the subtle approach...

I'm the same on what ever I watch and happen to end up shipping for... I'm doing it right now for CSI New York...and heck there it really is canon... but I don't even want that in my face for every 24 epsiode ever season to come... *lol* so all in all...I'm don't sound at all really like a girly girl ..
              im the same, although i love the pairing i dont mind if they dont get together until the last ep, or should tptb be brave enough to have them as a couple then i would only want a moment here and there to show they were in a relationship but not take away from the scifi storylines and teamyness i love so much!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Devine27 View Post

No one can ever give me grief about Yellow Chickens again! You KNOW that's funny!
                Oh sorry Dee!!! I missed this before in all the flurry posts over the vid. LOL, yep, I thought that was pretty funny too. Hehe.

So, I've decided on the name Belle for my new puppy! And just for Belle, here are the mini versions of that same toy company. Not as cute as Yellow Chicken, but they're mini sized just for her. And maybe then Petey won't try to steal it from her.

Spoilers yet again for OT (sorry guys!!!!):
                Spoiler:
                Hmm, not sure what to name this one. Freaky Kitty? Hehe.

Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Quania2007 View Post
                  Hi, I'm new! I was a long time lurker but I decided to let my presence be known I made two videos about the ship so please watch and review!http://youtube.com/watch?v=x53NAqQX1vU and http://youtube.com/watch?v=YokGPC1BvVY
                  Hi Quania!!!!

Welcome to the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thank you sooo much for the vids! WOW, three already! That is so awesome!! Thank you so much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                    Thanks LC for putting link to S4 vid on your LJ!!
                    I finally got to view to see what everyone was talking about!!!

The pic of your puppies are precious!!
                    LOL, no problem! It was my pleasure. I know that desperate feeling of not being able to see something that everyone else is!

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                      The shweir comes in

LOL V! That would be me.
                      Spoiler:
                      I meant "uncomfortable" as in how she hugged him. After that she stays in his arms and she looks fine to me, it's just in the way she positions her arms, bc like you said it's the first time she hugs him. But maybe I'm gonna rewatch that scene again!

Oh and the Weir hug was a hundred times better ( j/k ) *runs in fear*

Have fun J/Ts
                      LOL! BG, you are too funny! Run, girl, run. hehe.

Comment

Love the season 4 spoilers! Squeeee! That
                        Spoiler:
                        HUG
                        is so sweet!

VB love you back! I am doing great! Especially after seeing that vid!

Sunday Shipper Report Part 1
                        Spoiler:
                        Teyla and Dr. Hewston are walking through the hallways of Atlantis. They are talking about a crush Teyla has on an unnamed man. Teyla: I could never just say that to him! Hewston: Why not? You like him, don't you? Teyla (sternly): That is not the point. Hewston: Uh, I think that is exactly the point, actually. Teyla: The ways of my people are... different. I would never... Hewston: Eh, he's not gonna make the first move. Teyla (assuredly): Ah, we shall see. Hewston: Look, you know him better than I do. Teyla: I would hope so. Hewston (knowingly): But I wouldn't be surprised if he was oblivious to the whole situation. Teyla: It bares no further discussion. Hewston: All right. I'm just sayin' if you want me to have somebody drop some hints... Teyla then changes the subject. They talk about why so many people have the day off. Hewston then asks if Teyla would like to get lunch with her. Teyla agrees then remembers she has left her bantos rods in the gym. So she turns around and heads back toward the gym. As she walks off an explosion occurs behind her and she is thrown. Teyla raises her head and sees a man who is on fire. When she tries to get up to help she notices she has a huge chunk of metal sticking out of her abdomen. She passes out.

Here is the link to my interpretation of that discussion: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=24678

The clock rolls back to three hours earlier that day, and we get to experience that day from Elizabeth's point of view. She ends up cancelling a dinner date with Teyla to go on a "not a date" with the attractive Mike Branton. Their "not a date" gets interrupted when Elizabeth is called to the control room to be informed of the explosion. Through out this we learn that Elizabeth believes she can't get involved romantically with those beneath her.

The clock rolls back again now to five hours earlier. This time we get to experience the day from John and Ronon's point of view. Teyla is walking down a corridor when John and Ronon walks in. John looks up and sees her. John: Oh! Hey! John jogs to catch up with her. There y’are. Ronon in the background still walking motions with his hand for her to run. Been lookin’ all over for you. John stops jogging when he reaches her. Teyla smiles up at John while glancing behind at Ronon. Teyla: Oh? John: What? Did you forget? Teyla glances at Ronon who has finally caught up with them. Teyla: Uh, no. She gives John a don't be silly look. John (shocked and disappointed): You forgot! She looks at Ronon who is making a weird scrunched up face then he smiles at her. Teyla looks at John. Teyla: You were going to teach Ronon and myself how to play She looks down at the golf club in John's hand. golf. John (pleased): That’s the plan. He smiles at her. Teyla: I am afraid I have made other plans. As she says this she glances between Ronon and John. Then she smile regretfully up at John. John (sternly): What other plans? Teyla: Having lunch with Elizabeth. John looks down at his watch. John: Well, you’ve still got time. Teyla's mouth opens, and she pauses for a minute searching for an excuse. Teyla: Yes, true. However, I am afraid I have been... quite delinquent in filing my mission reports. I had hoped to get caught up before I met with Elizabeth. As she says this she smiles brightly yet regretfully at John. John exchanges a look with Ronon then smiles cynically at her. It is quite obvious he doesn't believe her. John: Okay. Teyla's response is immediate. Teyla: If you would like, I could cancel ... John (interrupting): No, no, no, no. She could use a little time out of the office. Some other time. John gives her another smile that clearly says he is letting her off the hook for now. Teyla gives him a huge smile. Teyla: Some other time. She turns a victorious smile on Ronon. Teyla pats him on the arm as she passes. When she is gone Ronon tries to use the same excuse Teyla used. John refuses to let him off the hook as well. John tries to get Ronon into the sport, but it is clear Ronon would rather be anywhere else. Ronon gets John to stop golfing and go to the gym with him. He teaches John a sport he used to play on Sateda. Which is hilarious to watch. John gets tired of getting his butt kicked so he takes Ronon to his room. There they listen to music, drink beer, eat popcorn, and talk while John reads a magazine. John: You ever hang out with anyone else besides me and Teyla? Ronon shakes his head. I’m not saying we’re sick of you or anything. I dunno. Are you datin’ anyone? Ronon informs John he left behind a special someone back on Sateda and isn't ready to start dating yet. Ronon: What about you? John: Yeah, what about me? Ronon: When are you getting married? Ronon grins at him. John laughs ruefully. John: Already done that. Not very good at it. Besides, there really isn’t anyone here that... well you know. I find the smile that appears on John's face as he says "there really isn’t anyone here that..." interesting. Not to mention the way he looks up at the ceiling and doesn't make eye contact with Ronon. Love the look Ronon gives him. Ronon: I always thought you and Teyla would, uh... you know. Ronon gives him a cheeky grin. John stares at Ronon with a smile on his face and a blush on his cheeks. John: Really? Ronon continues to smile at him. Ronon (amused): Yeah. Why not? John looks away and makes an "eh" sound trying to come up with an answer. The explosions occurs and John and Ronon hurry to check it out. As Carson explains what he knows a person calls for him. They look down the hall. John's brows knit and he immediately hurries there, with Ronon and Carson behind him, when he sees Teyla on the stretcher. Some how Carson reaches her first. John goes to the other side, grabs the stretcher, and walks along with it. John (staring at Teyla): She gonna be OK, Doc? John looks her over. Carson: She’s lost a great deal of blood. We’re gonna need to get her to the Infirmary stat. John (not liking what he is hearing): Is she gonna be alright!? Carson just gives him a look then looks down at Teyla. Let’s go! Let’s move! John stops in his tracks and watches in horror as they take Teyla away. Then he looks back at the scene with the same expression on his face. Seeing Radek he immediatly starts to question him about what happened. All he knows is that for some unexplained reason Hewston exploded, and it wasn't a bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by spirited Chihiro View Post
                          haha...Vab..i was thinking the same thing...not about the puppy, but about her nails...nice work LC

oh and in regards to that pic
                          Spoiler:
                          it definitely looks sort of bumpish to me...a bit rounder in the hips if you ask me... and i just watched the clip by frame and when she leans forward she is most definitely rounder..though i guess the light could cause that...but i am almost 90% sure she has already got the baby
                          Haha, SC and VB, you have no idea how funny that is, seeing as I've never had my nails done in my life. Thank you though!!!

And about the pic of the vid:

Spoiler:
                          And I too think it looks like there could be a baby bump! It could just be a bad angle and nothing there at all, but it sure looks like it to me!

Thanks guys for the comments on Belle, my new puppy!!!! I was so excited so just had to share.

Comment

Just another thought on the recent vid.
                            Spoiler:
                            It's a good chance, I think that this is from DG. I read some where today that DG was filmed first, but was going to be aired after Adrift and Lifeline. That would explain why RL is not so big. And here a little twist. What if it's John's dream? Maybe Teyla is telling him she's leaving to go back to her people,( like Blue's idea) and the evil shep plays on Sheps feelings for Teyla.You know tptb like to mess with us. They did it constantly with J/S. It was always so close but..... you know. Don't get me wrong. I LOVED watching it over, and over, and over...... again. I'm hoping that it's not done in a dream state and it's really them bonding more. Even if it's still as "close" friends. I forgot who posted this, but someone pointed out the fact that when Teyla was talking to DH, it seemed like Teyla was kinda hinting that the Athosian women don't make the first move.And how major this was for her to make this first move. I can't wait like everyone else. Where's the ff button?

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              Thanks for sharing. She is soooo cute. Have you thought of a name yet? Question, how did Petey get his name. Are you a little rascal fan? Maybe you can call her Darla.
                              Oops, missed this post before! Having trouble keeping up with all the posts in the last few days, LOL! Petey was also a rescue dog. He was bought from a breeder by a hunter who later abandoned him when he turned out to be gun shy. For the life of me, I'll never understand how anyone can just abandon their pets! But lucky for me, I got him instead. He was a year old when I adopted him, so he came with his name. I thought it was adorable, so kept it, hehe. I didn't even think of the Little Rascals connection! That would have been too cute, hehe.

Speaking of Petey, look what we did for lunch today.

Spoilers for kind of OT post, LOL!

Spoiler:

Comment

Sunday Shippy Report Part 2
                                Spoiler:
                                The clock rewinds again. This time to 14 hours earlier. We get to experience this all again. Now from Rodney's point of view. Rodney is yelling at Dr. Hewston and James Watson, the other man John and Ronon were golfing with. They apparently messed with an unknown machine without following protocol. Afterward Carson reminds Rodney of their agreement to go fishing tomorrow. Rodney doesn't seem thrilled by the prospect. Rodney manages to get out of his commitment. He spends his time helping Katie Brown babysit ferns. During this we learn that Katie and him are in a relationship and seeing his sister again has made him realize he would like to get married. The explosion interrupts them, and he hurries off to a lab. He finds out that the device Dr. Hewston and James turned on gave them explosive tumors. So the question is where is James? James is shown to be in the operating room.

The clock rewinds for the last time. Now it is two hours earlier. We get to see the day from Carson's perspective. Rodney has just got out of fishing with him. Carson goes on the search for a new fishing buddy. During his search we find out Radek is a chess master and that Lorne is a beautiful painter. He learned from his mom who was an art teacher. Finding no one to go with him Carson goes to the infirmary. Where he relieves Dr. Cole who has a migraine. While he is finishing wrapping up a sprained ankle the explosion occurs. After taking care of Teyla it is James turn to be operated on. Rodney manages to radio Carson and inform him that James has an explosive tumor. Carson evacuates the others except one nurse. They prepare to operate and remove the tumor. John and Rodney try to talk Carson out of it. Saying he doesn't have enough time. Carson refuses to listen, and they can't go in and stop him because he locked down the entire section. Carson manages to remove the tumor and hands it off to the bomb man. Don't you like it when I use technical words? As Carson walks away the tumor explodes behind him engulfing him in the blast.

Rodney is in Carson's room packing up the rest of his things. Ronon walks in. They talk about what is going to be done. Rodney confesses his guilt over not going fishing with Carson. Ronon tries his best to console him.

Teyla is in the infirmary and tries her best to get out of her bed. John walks in an sees what she is doing. John (sighing): Where do you think you’re going? Teyla continues to scoot her way to the edge. Teyla: I would like to go to the memorial. John looks her over. John (firmly): I don’t think you should be going anywhere. Teyla: I am fine. Teyla tries to continue but grimaces in pain. John concerned and knowing there is nothing he can say to stop her gives in. John: Alright. I’ll get a wheelchair. He starts to look around for one. Teyla: No. John immediately turns around and faces her. I would like to stand. As a testament to him. She looks into his eyes. (concerned) How are you doing? John: Me? He looks down. I’m fine, but I didn’t get major surgery two days ago. Teyla: That is not what I meant. Her gaze never wavers from his eyes. John: Well, it hasn’t hit me yet. I’m not looking forward to it when it does. Teyla (softly): I feel a great sadness. He... She looks down. (whispers) I feel a great sadness. John looks at her not knowing what to say. Teyla sighs John steps closer to her. John (whispers): Here. I got you. John wraps his arm around her, Teyla wraps her arm over his shoulders, and he helps her down. They walk slowly to the door.

Everyone has gathered around Carson's coffin in front of the stargate. Elizabeth gives a speech. When she is done bagpipes play and the stargate dials Earth. Once the worm hole is activated John turns and looks at Teyla. He seems to be checking how she is holding up. He then moves to take his place as one of the pallbearers. Teyla watches him as he does this. John and the other five pallbearers pickup his coffin and go through the stargate.

The last scene is of Rodney and Carson strangely enough. Rodney is standing out on a pier on Atlantis staring at the sea. Carson walks up and joins him. Rodney tells him how the funeral on Earth turned out. Rodney then tells him that it won't be the same without him and how they might run into each other again. Rodney confesses that he was his best friend. Then he tries to apologize. Carson informs him there was nothing he can do. They say their goodbyes and Carson disappears. Leaving Rodney standing on the pier alone to stare at the ocean.

Now if you don't mind I am going to go off and have a good cry. I hope you like the report Camy.

Comment

Working...
                                X