• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent wallie blue
    Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
      Spoiler:
      Hmmm... it is a good point about the fact Michael set the bug on her - why would he do that?

I really, really hope you're right about it being a normal baby, because a part Wraith baby would really screw Teyla up. And would be horrible.

I'm really excited about series four in general, but Doppelganger looks brilliant! Also Quarantine as well - JM said that it would 'test relationships' when people are trapped together. I'm hoping (obviously) that John and Teyla will be trapped together, which will be especially great if things have got really strained about them because of the pregnancy... *insert fangirly happiness here*

And Tabula Rasa... memory loss eps are always fun, and stargate have proved they can do it well - Beneath the Surface is one of my fave SG1 eps.

Anyway, here's hoping!!
      Spoiler:
      Oh yes !! I am also keeping my fingers crossed that is will be John and Teyla who get trapped together.. Gives them the perfect opportunity to air some feelings...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        I'm been busy again.... John and Teyla..

Spoiler:
        Oh Blue, you are on a roll!!! Another gorgeous one! I just love how you focus on using various close-ups and matching their expressions! Just beautiful!!! Thank you!!!
        Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Spoiler:
          Oh yes !! I am also keeping my fingers crossed that is will be John and Teyla who get trapped together.. Gives them the perfect opportunity to air some feelings...
          Oh me too!!!! I'm also afraid to hope too much for it because I don't want to be disappointed, but that would be sooooo awesome if they were! Like Ruby said, so many great possibilities that could come from that scenario!
          Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
            Excellent wallie blue

Thanks Donna...

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
            Oh Blue, you are on a roll!!! Another gorgeous one! I just love how you focus on using various close-ups and matching their expressions! Just beautiful!!! Thank you!!!
            You're welcome and thanks..
            sigpic

Comment

so do i hope its john and teyla trapped together
              Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Spoiler:
                I really don't think it will be Carsons. Teyla and Carson would had to have been in a serious relationship if she was sleeping with him and if that was the case why was she spending her time with John and Ronan... and again if Teyla and Carson were in a relationship why would she be asking Dr Hewlet if he will make the first move.. my money is on John.. but I am also biased...
                well im biased too lol i think the idea
                Spoiler:
                of carson and teyla, and him being the father of her child absolutely ridiculous to be honest lol i dont think the babys father is michael either, as weve said why bother try and kill her....and it wont be Doppelganger john either because apparently hes not like O'neill's in CL...its not a physical entity but he invades people's dreams instead

I'll take those odds and double them.

Sunday:

Spoiler:
                Don't worry, no pitchforks, LOL. But bear with me while I completely disagree with you.

One of the very first things you'll learn about in writing or any basic Lit course is the use of parallels. As we've discussed before, the writers set up a very clear parallel with having Teyla and Dr. Hewston talking about relationships at the exact same time as John and Ronon. Keep in mind, these are the same writers who have stated it is their intention to have sexual tension between John and Teyla, as supported by over three years of interviews of said writers, producers, and even actors. With that said, we also know they keep it subtle on purpose, saying things without ever actually coming out and saying them with words. We see them use this method time after time in both SG1 and SGA. And, again here, with the simple use of parallels. Parallels are meant to show a connection without actually coming out and saying it.

Now with that said:

1. Dr Hewston did not say she would drop a hint to the crush. She said she could have someone drop a hint to the crush. All this tells us is that she knows someone who knows John. She works for Rodney. Rodney knows a lot of people. John knows a lot of people. I would assume Dr. Hewston knows a lot of people. So what? Ultimately, this tells us nothing except to support the conclusion that Dr. Hewston knows someone who knows John. Which means...nothing.

2. Teyla was mourning the incompressible loss of a friend, as were they all. Rodney cried and spoke of regret. John fought back tears and didn't want to face it. Elizabeth fought to keep her voice strong. They were all mourning. It doesn't mean they were all in love with Carson. Teyla started to say a sentence, had to stop to compose herself when overcome with grief, and continued on. There was no emphasis there beyond the pain of loss. There is no logical reason for her moment to be any different than any of the others. In fact, if you want to argue that it was repeated twice for love emphasis, then the award would go to Rodney, not Teyla, for his not one, but two private grieving scenes. I would argue the emphasis was merely on the grief.

3-4. Here, you're mixing in the pregnancy storyline. Remember, Sunday was written and filmed long before they knew the pregnancy storyline existed. And to conclude that the writers would go back and pull out that moment as an explanation for the pregnancy now is not logical. There are a lot of good angst storylines. It doesn't mean they will all be used. To say there is more connection between Teyla's grieving moment and her pregnancy than the clear and obvious parallel these same writers created is not logical. It is more logical to assume these writers would go with their own established storylines for an explanation. As mentioned above, the writers have been very clear they intend sexual tension between John and Teyla and have given us hundreds of subtle examples of this. How this can even compare to the handful of on-screen scenes Teyla has had with Carson and when her off-screen time is spent with John and Ronon, is again, not logical and not established. There is no reason to believe they would venture from their own history.

With that said, I do not expect John to be the father. I of course like to hope so, but would be shocked if it actually happened. I believe there will be some twist to it. The purpose of my mentioning J/T here in relation to T/C, is merely to show the weakness of such a connection. Not when there are stronger and more obvious ones. It is some fans trying to make this connection, not the writers. And fortunately for us, it is the writers and not the fans creating the story!
                As stated, I personally do not believe they will use events from Sunday as part of the pregnancy line and I think it's presumptuous to connect them. I do however believe it is logical that her feelings for John, as shown in Sunday, and as established over three years, will continue into season four and will have some impact on the pregnancy story.

So not pessimistic, but practical and logical.
                Brill post!! ITA!
                Thanks for the welcome messages! I really need to sleep now though, but I'll be joining in tomorrow for sure!

I will just say that I absolutely love Sunday as an episode, and the interaction between John and Ronon is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
                Welcome ruby!!
                oh i LMAO at those scenes in sunday with shep and ronon!!

Spoiler:
                Hmmm... it is a good point about the fact Michael set the bug on her - why would he do that?

I really, really hope you're right about it being a normal baby, because a part Wraith baby would really screw Teyla up. And would be horrible.

I'm really excited about series four in general, but Doppelganger looks brilliant! Also Quarantine as well - JM said that it would 'test relationships' when people are trapped together. I'm hoping (obviously) that John and Teyla will be trapped together, which will be especially great if things have got really strained about them because of the pregnancy... *insert fangirly happiness here*

And Tabula Rasa... memory loss eps are always fun, and stargate have proved they can do it well - Beneath the Surface is one of my fave SG1 eps.

Anyway, here's hoping!!
                i hope
                Spoiler:
                theyre trapped together too ..i have a feeling it might be..or is that just wishful thinking lol im looking forward to all the eps in season 4, i hope we get some teyla angst in travelers, we was soooo robbed in CG!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Well, I suppose it's possible, but that's not how I saw it.

Spoiler:
                  I think it played out as it they intended it too. John trying to drag Teyla and Ronon into something they quite clearly didn't want to do. Even when you love someone, it doesn't mean you want to be involved in all their boring hobbies.

And as a side note, if I see one more female claim this proves that John can't be Teyla's crush because she doesn't want to spend every single waking moment with him, I think I shall scream. And this backwards statement from fellow women. *headdesk* So I'll say it one time. Having feelings for someone does not mean you abandon your life, your interests, nor your personality. (A little unhealthy sounding to anyone else?!) Healthy relationships DO also maintain their own interests, their own friends, their own time. Give me a break. If any female honestly believes that statement they try to pass off as an excuse, then I've got some wonderful oceanfront property to sell them. I'll even include the dirt for free...

Anyway, back on track, sorry!!!!
                  For me, that scene reads simply as humorous. It was set up to show that John has talked about golf to them before, had established this golfing time with them ahead of time. Teyla is conveniently keeping herself occupied and away from her normal haunts, hence John drags Ronon all over the city looking for her. ("There you are...I've been looking everywhere for you...What did you forget?") Simultaneously, Ronon is fiercely waving to Teyla in the background to RUN. Neither quite clearly want to play golf. Oh wait, I guess this means Ronon can't be in love with John either. Teyla finagles her way out of it, John knowing full well what she is doing, but not so kindly letting Ronon do the same. Teyla gives Ronon a victory/sympathy pat on her way out. I absolutely love this scene. It's clean and simple and very funny. I don't see the need to try to read anything more into it. Her "nervousness" was trying to come up with an excuse.

Anyway, that's my opinion at least!
                  Sunday
                  Spoiler:
                  When I watched that scene I had to laugh. I'm not a golfer in anyone's imagnination. I hate it. So watching Teyla avoid it was like watching myself.

I agree with LC, when John lets Teyla back out of golfing he shrugs and smiles letting her know it's ok, but wont' let Ronan out of it. I think that if he only was interested in her as a friend he wouldnt' be letting her dissapear so quickly. I can't count the amount of times I've been pratically dragged out to go golfing (or anything I didn't want to do particularly) by male friends but never by a boyfriend.

I loved Ronans swing though!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                    i hope
                    Spoiler:
                    theyre trapped together too ..i have a feeling it might be..or is that just wishful thinking lol im looking forward to all the eps in season 4, i hope we get some teyla angst in travelers, we was soooo robbed in CG!

I hope so too... we have seen John angst over Teyla but we have never really see her angst over him.. and Common Ground was very disappointing in that aspect...
                    Spoiler:
                    so hopefully Travelllers and other eps in season 4 will give us some angst from Teyla for Shep..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                      Sunday
                      Spoiler:
                      When I watched that scene I had to laugh. I'm not a golfer in anyone's imagnination. I hate it. So watching Teyla avoid it was like watching myself.

I agree with LC, when John lets Teyla back out of golfing he shrugs and smiles letting her know it's ok, but wont' let Ronan out of it. I think that if he only was interested in her as a friend he wouldnt' be letting her dissapear so quickly. I can't count the amount of times I've been pratically dragged out to go golfing (or anything I didn't want to do particularly) by male friends but never by a boyfriend.

I loved Ronans swing though!
                      yeh and
                      Spoiler:
                      shep trying to copy him lol

Comment

Welcome ruby!!
                        oh i LMAO at those scenes in sunday with shep and ronon!!

Thank you!! Seriously, I thought it was one of the finniest things I've ever seen and they are now my fave friendship pairing in Stargate. They've taken over Jack and Teal'c and I never thought that would happen...

i hope
                        Spoiler:
                        [/QUOTE]

Common Ground...

Spoiler:
                        We were robbed in CG, and I've loved all the discussion about it here! JM said there'll be an ep where Sheppard has to rely on the team, so that should be great to watch, and hopefully as you say there will be some Teyla angst!
                        sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

I hope so too... we have seen John angst over Teyla but we have never really see her angst over him.. and Common Ground was very disappointing in that aspect...
                          Spoiler:
                          so hopefully Travelllers and other eps in season 4 will give us some angst from Teyla for Shep..
                          i know, in season 3 especially shep angsted a LOT over teyla, but id like to see the tables turned now...that lovely angst from her we got in 38 mins thats what i wanna see...in travelers and maybe Doppelganger..and well whatever else hehe!!

Comment

yeh and
                            Spoiler:
                            shep trying to copy him lol
                            Someone on the JT Galleria Haven thread had a sig that I noticed with Shep swinging and the caption 'suddenly... golf is sexy again'. LOL, couldn't agree more!

Teyla missed out, in MHO...
                            sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Someone on the JT Galleria Haven thread had a sig that I noticed with Shep swinging and the caption 'suddenly... golf is sexy again'. LOL, couldn't agree more!

Teyla missed out, in MHO...
                              yeh that's Ali's siggie!!its great!!

my dad and brother both play golf...i really dont like it but shep + golf club = YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!

id love a scene with shep teaching teyla golf though, and it can be like in the movies with shep going "teyla let me help you with that swing" and him holding her close to him, hands on hers, swinging the gold club..his face in her hair......
                              Last edited by Rootortoise; 03 June 2007, 01:52 PM. Reason: sheo? i meant shep lol

Comment

yeh that's Ali's siggie!!its great!!

my dad and brother both play golf...i really dont like it but shep + golf club = YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!

id love a scene with shep teaching teyla golf though, and it can be like in the movies with sheo going "teyla let me help you with that swing" and him holding her close to him, hands on hers, swinging the gold club..his face in her hair......
                                Please tell me someone's got a fic like that? Pretty please?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X