John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
    I found it pretty telling when John was the only one who stated he trusted Tayla, and he did so immediatly, without hesitation. Shows he didn't even have to think about what he was going to say and must be his honest thoughts.

Currently watching 38 minutes. Poor John.

Poor John is right! 38 Minutes definitely has some early Shep whump. At least Teyla is there to help hold that towel to his head and keep her hand on his thigh when it gets especially bad...

Their trust is very telling! I love how you said that, immediately and without hesitation. Very well put!

Love your new sig by the way! That man's eyes just gives me chills.
    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
      Poor John is right! 38 Minutes definitely has some early Shep whump. At least Teyla is there to help hold that towel to his head and keep her hand on his thigh when it gets especially bad...

Their trust is very telling! I love how you said that, immediately and without hesitation. Very well put!

Love your new sig by the way! That man's eyes just gives me chills.
      Thanks! I seem to have a thing for eyes

38 minutes was a good ep. I think I winced every time they tried to remove that bug from John. When Ford told Teyla to cut off John's shirt, had it not been such a serious situation, her "What?" could be taken in different ways. I liked how Teyla volunteered immediatly to take John through the gate. At the end, I don't know if I missaw this bit coz it's kinda fuzzy when I watch it on the larger screen, but it looked like Teyla was 'plucking' on his pants as Carson was trying to revive John. Can't remember how many books and such that I've read that have the one person plucking at the clothes of the 'dead' person. Sort of like a subconscious reaction...pulling at them, willing them to come back. I thought that was sweet.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Toomi! I was just asking about you the other day! Nice to see you back here!

Ahh, Hide and Seek, very cute moments there! I love John's little storytime with the Athosian children and then his sharing popcorn and football with Teyla. Too cute is right! Apparently Teyla really loved that popcorn. You'll hear them reference it a few times over the years.

And the issue of trust is huge between them as well. It's amazing how quickly that bond was established between them and how early it's tested as well. You'll see more of that very soon in 105, Suspicion. Great little moments!
        I have only seen season 1 of atlantis, a couple of season 2 eps and maybe a couple from season three...I must say that the John/Teyla relationship is by far my favorite on SGA. I love their chemistry with eachother, pretty much from the get-go. I would love to see them together in the future...I also LOVE....
        Spoiler:
        Sunday...I think that Teyla's crush HAS to be Shep! SQUEE!

But I also love those ^ scenes also from Hide and Seek, Season One of Atlantis was...THA BOMB!

Comment

Thanks! I seem to have a thing for eyes

38 minutes was a good ep. I think I winced every time they tried to remove that bug from John. When Ford told Teyla to cut off John's shirt, had it not been such a serious situation, her "What?" could be taken in different ways. I liked how Teyla volunteered immediatly to take John through the gate. At the end, I don't know if I missaw this bit coz it's kinda fuzzy when I watch it on the larger screen, but it looked like Teyla was 'plucking' on his pants as Carson was trying to revive John. Can't remember how many books and such that I've read that have the one person plucking at the clothes of the 'dead' person. Sort of like a subconscious reaction...pulling at them, willing them to come back. I thought that was sweet.

Oh, great observations!!! Now i have to rewatch that ending as soon as I get home from work!

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
            I have only seen season 1 of atlantis, a couple of season 2 eps and maybe a couple from season three...I must say that the John/Teyla relationship is by far my favorite on SGA. I love their chemistry with eachother, pretty much from the get-go. I would love to see them together in the future...I also LOVE....
            Spoiler:

But I also love those ^ scenes also from Hide and Seek, Season One of Atlantis was...THA BOMB!
            Oh, Sunday was awesome! And most definitely she was talking about John.

Season one is my favorite too! So many great episodes! Although the back half of season three is also very good. It's hard to pick an ultimate favorite!

I hope you get to see more of the episodes eventually! I made a list somewhere a few pages back and it turned out quite long...and that was only the bigger moments between them! There are just so many sweet and subtle things.

Comment

Just watched Suspicion was and I think it was a good ep. I wondered at some point if there would be any tensions arising between the Athosians and the 'earthlings' and I am happy to see an ep that dealt with that. Loved Teyla's fighting. It's soo graceful. As for the Teyla/John parts, there were quite a few! John stating continualy in his faith in Teyla that she had nothing to do with the leaks, and even when presented with 'evidence' he explained it as none of Teyla's fault. (which it wasn't any of her fault) The bit where he's arguing with Sgt (?) Bates about Teyla where Bates says that John's letting his personal feelings get involved, and John cuts him off. Sounds like a nod from TPTB to me...
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Hey there (and, possibly, welcome),

If you don't mind my asking - the 'favourite ships' banner in your .sig - where did you get the 'doll creator' thing that put together the little characters?

Sel.

Comment

Just watched Suspicion was and I think it was a good ep. I wondered at some point if there would be any tensions arising between the Athosians and the 'earthlings' and I am happy to see an ep that dealt with that. Loved Teyla's fighting. It's soo graceful. As for the Teyla/John parts, there were quite a few! John stating continualy in his faith in Teyla that she had nothing to do with the leaks, and even when presented with 'evidence' he explained it as none of Teyla's fault. (which it wasn't any of her fault) The bit where he's arguing with Sgt (?) Bates about Teyla where Bates says that John's letting his personal feelings get involved, and John cuts him off. Sounds like a nod from TPTB to me...
                  More great comments! I love the intensity of that John and Bates scene..."You're putting your personal feelings ahead--" "You're dismissed!" Great scene! Teyla's fighting is indeed beautfiul and graceful. And so true about the tensions between the Athosians and Earth people. I never really thought about it before, but that does add a touch of realism, doesn't it?

Thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

More great comments! I love the intensity of that John and Bates scene..."You're putting your personal feelings ahead--" "You're dismissed!" Great scene! Teyla's fighting is indeed beautfiul and graceful. And so true about the tensions between the Athosians and Earth people. I never really thought about it before, but that does add a touch of realism, doesn't it?

Thanks for sharing!!!
                    Glad you don't mind me spouting off my thoughts.... the amount of posts make me feel like I'm spamming or something. Watched Childhood's End but if there were any shippy moments in that I missed 'em. Now onto Poisoning the Well. Seems I'm making a night for SGA.
                    sigpic

Comment

Glad you don't mind me spouting off my thoughts.... the amount of posts make me feel like I'm spamming or something. Watched Childhood's End but if there were any shippy moments in that I missed 'em. Now onto Poisoning the Well. Seems I'm making a night for SGA.
                      Oh not at all! I think I speak for most here when I say that it's great seeing these moments again through fresh eyes! And besides, there can never be too much commentary on these two.

Yep, nothing really in 106 or 107. I think they exchange looks while in the woods in 106 and while they have their hands in the air in 107. LOL! They're just nice team eps.

Comment

Ohhh, have you guys seen ileliberte's latest J/T drawing? She drew them doing the TANGO! My stomach practically dropped when I saw the way the way their legs are positioned. Very hot! But yet, it's got this lighthearted teasing look to it as well. Very nice!! Although, I have to say, Teyla's face and hair color do seem off this time. But overall, gorgeous piece of work. I love this girl!

http://ileliberte.livejournal.com/14260.html#cutid1

Comment

Just dropping in to say that I updated my JT fic.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3472765/2/
                          Title: Waiting For Yesterday
                          Summary: [Sheyla] When she was controled by them, she killed. When she was captured, she was experimented upon. When she came home, she was different—and she was pregnant with a Wraith child. Her friends try and help, but she needs him most of all. John...help.

(You can use this image, but please, if you use the poem, I wrote it, so please leave a copywrite on it. Thanks!)

Comment

Spoiler:

Hi JackandSamAddict,

I agree their chemistry is amazing and was evident from the very first moment they met. I've never been a shipper before John/Teyla but these two are just so amazing together that I can't imagine them being with anyone else. Season one had wonderful J/T moments and showed how they both trusted each other from the moment they met and that has never changed. Season three, especially the latter half IMO is full of beautiful John/Teyla moments and the tpb really do a wonderful job with the progression of their relationship. I'm sure you will enjoy these eps.

Sunday..

Spoiler:
                            Teyla was definitely talking about John.

Hope to see you around here again - love your sig by the way and am also looking forward to seeing Sam in Atlantis.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ohhh, have you guys seen ileliberte's latest J/T drawing? She drew them doing the TANGO! My stomach practically dropped when I saw the way the way their legs are positioned. Very hot! But yet, it's got this lighthearted teasing look to it as well. Very nice!! Although, I have to say, Teyla's face and hair color do seem off this time. But overall, gorgeous piece of work. I love this girl!

http://ileliberte.livejournal.com/14260.html#cutid1

That is wonderful - love how she has them standing against each other.
                              sigpic

Comment

thanks for the link loveconquers i really love the pic and the way they are leaned against each
                                Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X