Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jodi518 View Post
    Are we planning john/teyla's wedding
    It looks like it, lol. I just love this discussion thread!

NQ
    Valent: Renee Elise Goldsberry/Evangeline Williamson Fansite
    Spoiler:
    by Sheylafan87

Comment

Originally posted by Jodi518 View Post
      Are we planning john/teyla's wedding
      In a way it's a wedding planning and educated assumptions on what Teyla or John would do that is culturally significant. So rather than just sitting and creating a wedding it's also about being fair to culture. But also trying to diagnose Teyla's culture and how that would affect diplomatic relations, if at all, and recognition of that union by the Earth military.

I have a question and this is for the SG1 people, atlhough I don't want it to be overpowering the conversation. How was Daniel's marriage to that woman worked out for the SGC? This is just for comparison alone.
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Playin’ Catch Up……..

Blue: As always, you did a wonderful job on the wallies.

Iheartcam: Welcome to the JT Ocean of Love.

Donna: I’m glad you like the sigs. I’ll have to catch up on your vid later, sorry. Thanks for the SGA site links. I was hoping they’d jazz it up.

Travelers: I seriously doubt Shep would fall for one of his captures.

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
        I can't see anyone else as John today then Joe......if Ben had been offered and taken it......I can't picture Ben as a Sheppard......
        John Sheppard, the Character: It’s funny you should mention this because the character of Sheppard was originally offered to Ben. Thankfully, he wasn’t able to accept due to other obligations. That’s what I call a twist of fate. Mind you, I like Ben, just not as Shep.

Outta-Orbit, Hakea: I’ll catch up on the vids later, but thank you for sharing.

Camy: Beautiful wallies.

VB: Your TinkerBell is too cute.

Bye for now,
        Devine

Comment

I love how John and Teyla can show so much emotion in their expressions. They just have to glance at each other and it says a thousand things.

Such beautiful expressionate people..

Spoiler:

The looks they share say so much about how they feel about each other. The intensity in their eyes is breath taking and I think thats what drew me in from the very first moment they set eyes on each other. Normally I would probably yawn when two actors start to stare into each others eyes and try and do the romantic filled scene, but Joe and Rachel just pulled it off straight away and their amazing chemistry just lit up the screen from the very first moment John put the necklace around Teyla's neck.
          sigpic

Comment

VB, you been missing me haven't you!...*lol*..

But I swear i had a laughing fit with you hijabified comment. But I know what you're talking about, my cousin had that style, it's very arabian. I'm inclined to say, that since you once pointed out her sparring top was like the choli top, I have thought of the athosians as having inclination to the indian culture.

But as for their wedding, I think it's have to go with a melding of indian (athosian)and european (earth) like, don't know how you could every have that kind of wedding, with both cultures represented, but, that's what I think it would have to be like. Cause I can't see Shep in traditional men's indian wear, or even some version of it(he'd look good, but I still think a bit weird). I think even the dupatta for the cholis and lehengas would seem a bit weird on Teyla, I can't really see her draping it anywhere. Maybe a sari would be better for her, with it draping to the back not the front.

Anyway, I did a manip of a sari, I'll give the green gown a go when i get home...

R.I.P Wraithlord
            Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

I love this topic of what would John and Teyla's wedding be like. It's interesting how everybody see's it somewhat different. I love the manips of Teyla in different style dresses!. I personally agree that if they were to get married, i could see Teyla in a more Athosian style dress but not so much Renaissance style or too traditional earth style either. Something in-between like a dress that is somewhat simple in design but with subtle patterns that match the color of the dress. I could see her in white or a color that is light, maybe pastel like. A dress that isn't puffy but more fitted too her body definitely showing some skin, like her back or sholders. I definitely could see her with the style necklace posted and i wouldn't doubt it if they used something to that affect to symbolize the "ring" on earth. I would think maybe they would do both. John maybe giving her a ring doing something traditional from earth since he is from earth and whatever tradition they have to symbolize what the ring symbolizes on earth...the necklace perhaps. I love the chuppas and i could see them getting married with that in the city or outside. Anyway, loving everybodies thoughts and ideas on how there wedding would be. I wish i had a picture of a dress i could see her in but i don't, maybe i'll look for one that kinda resembles what i was trying to explain LOL!.
              sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post

But I swear i had a laughing fit with you hijabified comment. But I know what you're talking about, my cousin had that style, it's very arabian. I'm inclined to say, that since you once pointed out her sparring top was like the choli top, I have thought of the athosians as having inclination to the indian culture.

But as for their wedding, I think it's have to go with a melding of indian (athosian)and european (earth) like, don't know how you could every have that kind of wedding, with both cultures represented, but, that's what I think it would have to be like. Cause I can't see Shep in traditional men's indian wear, or even some version of it(he'd look good, but I still think a bit weird). I think even the dupatta for the cholis and lehengas would seem a bit weird on Teyla, I can't really see her draping it anywhere. Maybe a sari would be better for her, with it draping to the back not the front.

Anyway, I did a manip of a sari, I'll give the green gown a go when i get home...

Nice manip -

I have to say that I don't see see the Athosian dress resembling anything Indian. I can't really see Teyla in an Indian style dress. Too ornate and for me not really Teyla's style. I think she would have something more earthy and a bit plain but yet stylish.

I can't see John dressing in Indian attire either or even in Athosian attire - but then we havn't really seen what the Athosian men would wear for a special occasion. A suit or even John's dress blues seem a bit too formal but I havn't completey ruled it out. Maybe John would wear his dress bules as the The military is a big part of his life and it is something he may like to wear.

Great hearing everyones views of what they think Teyla and John would wear. Love to see some more dresses that Teyla may wear.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                  Nice manip -

I have to say that I don't see see the Athosian dress resembling anything Indian. I can't really see Teyla in an Indian style dress. Too ornate and for me not really Teyla's style. I think she would have something more earthy and a bit plain but yet stylish.

I can't see John dressing in Indian attire either or even in Athosian attire - but then we havn't really seen what the Athosian men would wear for a special occasion. A suit or even John's dress blues seem a bit too formal but I havn't completey ruled it out. Maybe John would wear his dress bules as the The military is a big part of his life and it is something he may like to wear.

Great hearing everyones views of what they think Teyla and John would wear. Love to see some more dresses that Teyla may wear.
                  Thanx!...

heyyyy...i tried to find the least flashy sari...*lol*..VB can vouch for me, on the flashiness i'm inclined to...

But you're right, I can't see teyla in the over done, embroidered indian wear. It's not a reflection of the athosians.

Anybody going to take a go at a white wedding dress manip of Teyla?. I'd really like to see one of those....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                  Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Spoiler:

Oh hell, I have missed you babe! Look at her, she killed the discussion. You have sucessfully not only blown me away by the absolutely gorgeous Sari, and you almost made me rescind my comment on white. Damn, that Teyla is looking spiffy. Further more we can have John wearing this in blue...

Spoiler:

I sincerely think John could rock a jodhpuri suit...but let's not leave out the sherwani!!
                    Spoiler:

I'm not feeling the shoes for these suits, and he'd probably not feel it either. but he'd rock a neru topped sherwani.

And there's no way that John won't make a kurta look super spiffy, just don't see it as ceremony material but one never knows. Now I've moved totally away from the estern look, but damn that sari rocks.

So I think now he could pull off a neru top--with a nice fitted jacket. But then I just like the shoes---they look like rubber shoes with the white dress suit, it's the black shiny shoes that throw me off.
                    Last edited by vaberella; 04 April 2007, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
                      I love this topic of what would John and Teyla's wedding be like. It's interesting how everybody see's it somewhat different. I love the manips of Teyla in different style dresses!. I personally agree that if they were to get married, i could see Teyla in a more Athosian style dress but not so much Renaissance style or too traditional earth style either. Something in-between like a dress that is somewhat simple in design but with subtle patterns that match the color of the dress. I could see her in white or a color that is light, maybe pastel like. A dress that isn't puffy but more fitted too her body definitely showing some skin, like her back or sholders. I definitely could see her with the style necklace posted and i wouldn't doubt it if they used something to that affect to symbolize the "ring" on earth. I would think maybe they would do both. John maybe giving her a ring doing something traditional from earth since he is from earth and whatever tradition they have to symbolize what the ring symbolizes on earth...the necklace perhaps. I love the chuppas and i could see them getting married with that in the city or outside. Anyway, loving everybodies thoughts and ideas on how there wedding would be. I wish i had a picture of a dress i could see her in but i don't, maybe i'll look for one that kinda resembles what i was trying to explain LOL!.

No problem sweets. I'm gonna hook you up with a few pictures of what I think you might be thinking of and mixing it up with a bit of Camy's ideas. I have a lot of dress styles in my list, mainly Asian, but I like very unusual and dynamic western dresses and I had a few that would work perfectly but in different colors, I'm really against white, but I'm sure I can live with these choices since the designs are fantastic.

So I have sleeveless, some with no back, but still reminiscint of the dresses from CM. I again don't know if it's true Athos, they seem to be very mutated toned or earth toned wearing people---Teyla surprising us with a bit of pinkish/brown or purple colors. But I thinK I got what you might be looking for---all styles could be understated and if people want to manip I'm sure it would be entertaining to see which would work. I'm still hooked on the sari Witchy did---but again I love Sari's.

WITCHY---Don't I know you can get flashy, but I'm not too far behind. You've heard my squeeling and gushing over your sari's and lehenga's.

Spoiler:

I love them all, but this is very interesting to me. Normally I wouldn't go for it, but it's understated with a chicness to it. Plus I can see it in really amazing colors and the back is very Teyla-esque.

Spoiler:

I'm really not a huge supporter of manips, but I am adding fuel to the fire, so MANIP yourselves out.

Comment

Thanx!...

Anybody going to take a go at a white wedding dress manip of Teyla?. I'd really like to see one of those....
                        Blue..Witchy...I love your manips...

Anyways tried to make a manip of my own...so not good at these...and the only picture I had was actually one of Rachel not Teyla...

But hey..it's white...

Spoiler:

Comment

Oh that is very nice AG.

I love those dresses VB.

So many choices- I particulary like the ones on the top and bottom left.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl View Post
                            Blue..Witchy...I love your manips...

Anyways tried to make a manip of my own...so not good at these...and the only picture I had was actually one of Rachel not Teyla...

But hey..it's white...

Spoiler:
                            And this is why I always confuse AG and Witchy....sigh. I'm still confused. AG why does your Rachel pic look like a transvestite?! Not a flattering head, but I like the dress.

I really need to ask JM if we will be seeing any specific Athosian ceremonies like the ring ceremony in S4. That would just be great to confirm or elaborate on some of our suspicions. I do know we'll be seeing them again, I just don't know in what capacity.

Oh that is very nice AG.

I love those dresses VB.

So many choices- I particulary like the ones on the top and bottom left.
                            I agree with you, plus they would look great in different colors besides the dreadful white.

That's another thing wrong with this show. The women don't wear dresses or skirts enough. I saw Teyla wear a dress ONLY twice. In Suspicion---unfortunately that dress was so awful it burnt a hole in my brain that has never healed and in CM. Weir, wore two dress like outfits. One Ancienty (very reminscint of a long kurta top) which was dead white. Ugh! And the nutty clothes they give you in the hospital, which isn't really a dress. She's never even worn a skirt. What's wrong with our ladies getting a bit snazzed up in a gown or two?

Or showing a bit of leg? I vote more skirts (I don't count Teyla's sparring bottom a skirt), despite the fact it's not functional. They have to spend over night with some of these people.
                            Last edited by vaberella; 04 April 2007, 02:28 PM.

Comment

All this discussion about John and Teyla's wedding but when did John ask Teyla to marry him...

hmmmm.... how about ..

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

All this discussion about John and Teyla's wedding but when did John ask Teyla to marry him...

hmmmm.... how about ..

Spoiler:
                                Hahaha..and that's when the wraith swoop in and attack. No, I like it BA. Actually you know we never got to explore the sister city-ship on Athos---do you think that some of the Athosians have the ATA gene? Not only that, maybe there's a possibility of ressurrecting it? <--side note

Place of proposal? In bed, after a tickle-fest (he's tickled her until she started crying in laughter).

Comment

Working...
                                X