John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoveConquers
    I love how well you said this here and in the episode thread, VB! I too don't understand how John thinking Teyla is a guy is supposed to be a slam against us?!
    It is obviously not meant to be taken literally. As you said, he didn't just see "a guy," he saw the person he risked absolutely everything for. The signficance of that is astounding!!! And just like you said, this episode is so deep on so many levels, how could you not love it?! Wonderful ep and wonderful building of even more J/T!!!

You know what it actually reminded me of, the episode, "The Field Where I Died," from the Xfiles. If you're at all familiar with that episode, you'll understand the signficance of that episode for Mulder and Scully and this episode for John/Teyla. It wasn't the fact that John saw "a guy" or that Mulder ironically enough also saw Scully as a male and also as his captain. It was the fact that in that moment, or in that lifetime, that person was the most important person in the world to him. They were soulmates. Soulmate connections are not always sexual. Both of these episodes prove it that it can be in one lifetime and not be in another, but what is oh so important, is that deep connection. It is always there. The signifcance is not gender-related or sexual, it is the connection of the soul that transcends everything. And in that regard, this episode was completely groundbreaking for John and Teyla. That is what I mean when I saw this episode is signficant for them. And I am sure that is what Joe said it was shippy and BamBam said it forced them to define their relationship.
    I mean no disrespect, but someon laughing and saying John just saw "a dude" just shows the meaning was not understood at ALL. It was so much deeper than that.

Steph
    Steph girl...gimme some love!! Oh ****...you were walking in my brain. That is exactly what I got from this episode. No, Scully wasn't his wife in a past life...but she was connected to him, she meant more to him in that life and was his guiding force!! I was thinking this exact same thing. Teyla took up a role of honor in that moment. One was mocking me about the deepness that I'm seeing, it's in the ep...but that's definitely the feelings I recieved.

Teyla's role was dignified, he would have killed anyone and everyone else to protect Teyla and/or who Teyla represented. Even if it was McKay being shot, I think he would have still seen Mckay as an enemy if he was the man standing next to him instead of Teyla...John saw Ronon as an enemy after Ronon was there as well. But Teyla wasn't that for him, it's so significant---I can't say it enough!!! And yes, on that note Teyla and John are connected by a deeper bond. That it's all there for everyone to see, that there is something there, that definitely must have developed from the first moment. Not only that, there was nothing to nock in the scenes, they were well done and well placed and understood. This is not about romance but that feeling and bond that goes beyond that. Shoot, just thinking of that alone makes it romantic. Anyway most of the reviews all stated how much they loved the J/T moments...it was great, I can't understand the naysayers to the energy and dynamic presence that Joe and Rachel bring together and play off of each other on the screen to the characters of John/Teyla.

Shoot Steph, well said, I thought I was the only one that had that ep in mind from X-Files when I saw Phantoms. Definitely the relationship was reinforced if it could have even said to have lost it. (ahhh, okay Common Ground comes to mind!!)..

Can't harp on this ep more for a great J/T story and scenes.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
      OH this is beautiful, Aaobuttons..
      Thank you!

Originally posted by LoveConquers
      Oh, I love this! I'll save it with your name if that's ok with you! I'm still keeping my current banner from Suz in hopes I'll someday finish the matching vid, but I'm still saving others to use down the road. Thank you so much for sharing!
      Thanks! Sure, take it and spread the love! I'm glad you like it... and I can't wait for you to finish that vid!
      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I'm so glad I have to come here to know what is going on in other threads...really guys you are paying too much into this and our thread is supposed to be fun....

but one thought as to the latest argument that is being brought up
        Spoiler:
        who else are the writers going to show in John's mind that will make John still look after Teyla when she's injured if it wasn't to bring another person in John's life that was also injured and just as important for him to save as Teyla was?

I mean really if this is what's been argued out there... don't let it get to you...it has no basis and clearly no grounds....

Spoiler:
        I saw the episode again..and I was amazed at how John went back and forth with Teyla..and how Teyla got through to him...if you noticed the conversations that he had with his partner was not what Teyla was saying...so in reality, he blocked Teyla completely...yet she was able to get through to him and he did hear her....the interesting thing is that he could have relieved that in many different ways, and yet he had to have it with his friend in order to be able to watch over Teyla at the same time..and this was all played out in his mind...it was intentional to have him there in order to still watch over Teyla..

I loved it!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm so glad I have to come here to know what is going on in other threads...really guys you are paying too much into this and our thread is supposed to be fun....

but one thought as to the latest argument that is being brought up
          Spoiler:
          who else are the writers going to show in John's mind that will make John still look after Teyla when she's injured if it wasn't to bring another person in John's life that was also injured and just as important for him to save as Teyla was?

I mean really if this is what's been argued out there... don't let it get to you...it has no basis and clearly no grounds....

Spoiler:
          I saw the episode again..and I was amazed at how John went back and forth with Teyla..and how Teyla got through to him...if you noticed the conversations that he had with his partner was not what Teyla was saying...so in reality, he blocked Teyla completely...yet she was able to get through to him and he did hear her....the interesting thing is that he could have relieved that in many different ways, and yet he had to have it with his friend in order to be able to watch over Teyla at the same time..and this was all played out in his mind...it was intentional to have him there in order to still watch over Teyla..

I loved it!
          I'm sorry, I'm not understanding. I thought we were saying the same thing? My comparing this episode to an Xfiles episode was not solely driven by what others said? I've said from my first post that I did not think it was a shippy ep, but that it was a significant one. I meant my post to be a happy one, focusing some more on the lovely things I saw in this ep.
          I don't know why everything I say today just seems to come out wrong??
          Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

OH, my message was not intended for you personally, and it has nothing to do with the X-files comment cause I didn't see that episode...sorry LC..

what I mean to say is that I find the irony of the statements being commented in here in general that you guys have read elsewhere....and I am simply pointing out my view on those comments coming from others not from you in particular or anyone else in here..
            is the sarcastic voice in me LC that gets confusing...

in general..I understand that you and others didn't find it shippy, and if it wasn't for the fact that we know that TPTB aren't going to be blatantly shippy, at least not for a while then I would agree...but my take is....what more did we want from this episode, when the only thing we didn't get was a confession...? that's just my view..LC...I was not trying to write anything about your statements or anyone else's in here..simply replying to the statements made by others in regards to what other shippers are writing....
            does that make sense?

sorry, LC...It just gets to me sometimes what others write when they clearly can't find anything logical to write about this ship!!

the real reason why I came....
            I don't think Trippy has posted this here..but I like what she said about the relationship between Sheppard and Teyla...read it...

http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...uttrell_02.htm
            sigpic

Comment

OH, my message was not intended for you personally, and it has nothing to do with the X-files comment cause I didn't see that episode...sorry LC..

what I mean to say is that I find the irony of the statements being commented in here in general that you guys have read elsewhere....and I am simply pointing out my view on those comments coming from others not from you in particular or anyone else in here..
              is the sarcastic voice in me LC that gets confusing...

in general..I understand that you and others didn't find it shippy, and if it wasn't for the fact that we know that TPTB aren't going to be blatantly shippy, at least not for a while then I would agree...but my take is....what more did we want from this episode, when the only thing we didn't get was a confession...? that's just my view..LC...I was not trying to write anything about your statements or anyone else's in here..simply replying to the statements made by others in regards to what other shippers are writing....
              does that make sense?

sorry, LC...It just gets to me sometimes what others write when they clearly can't find anything logical to write about this ship!!

the real reason why I came....
              I don't think Trippy has posted this here..but I like what she said about the relationship between Sheppard and Teyla...read it...

http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...uttrell_02.htm

Oh thank you Camy, I'm sorry I misunderstood. Guess I've gotten myself overly paranoid now. I was only sticking to the episode thread today, as I thought those would be "safe," but still saw ship war comments from both sides even there unfortunately. So I've decided from now on to just stick to this thread only because I am just so sick of it all. Coming to this thread is fun, and as you said, I don't want to let others ruin that for us. Thank you!

And thanks for the link to Rachel's interview!

Spoiler:
              That's so sweet that she says, "Sheppard and Teyla have got a good relationship or at least a good foundation in any case, Ronon and Teyla, and even Beckett and Teyla have had really good moments where he’s come out and supported her and flown her to her people on the main land ... he's been there, even that has been touched on more than I think."

Comment

OH, give me a hug...

It's not you..it's me...see I can't go visit those threads and people here that know me better know why! I won't be a nice girl...not if they aren't been nice either...so, why even bother...

I like it that we don't have to comment about any other ship here because to me that seems like we have something to fear...and we don't....I am the first one to be blamed for coming in here all paranoid..but I've learned that it's not worth it....

If anything for me....I admire that you are able to go to other threads...I get to work up and upset...so, better of staying in the safe world and sometimes that it's not even the case...

but, one thing I like about everyone here, is that they are so respectful about other ships and that is something to be proud of...I think anyways....

Almost an entire episode of J/T has to mean something....other episodes for other ships are no where near this profound...John saving Weir's life..he has done it for ALL of THEM and on numerous occassions...but John confiding and sharing personal things with Teyla is only with her..and now another evidence that even Rachel knows that the foundation between these two is solid!

you know that I"ve been thinking about this..in a way this episode reminds me of LFP...not in content but in the way it was written....an episode with the two of them sharing something very personal and very much about stating another level of understanding in their relationship!

so sorry Steph...you are one of the nicest and reasonable and thought minded poster...I'm just the neurotic and the crazy Camy...

In my view...we should be celebrating this episode....again, the cast has said this would be J/T and with shippy in it...and the bottom line is there has been no other ship with that much acknowledgement....

Mallozzi himself said in an email to Sel, and I"m paraphrasing here, that he has not noticed anything in the looks between Ronon and Teyla and Shep/Weir....so, we are all good...this is the ship that still has the potential..and they haven't lost it either...they are carefully and slowly continuing what might be....

EDITED....
                Spoiler:
                if anything...this episode couldn't have gone any other way, from the beginning you could see in Johnn's face that he wanted to get the hell out of there..and he wasn't in no loving mood! LOL he was there to save his people and in this case, the most important one for him was Teyla...that even when influenced to go against his own, not even a machine could stop the connection and bond between them..Man, if that is not powerful stuff, I don't know what is... I mean seriously people, John had to play with his subconscious mind to get him to think of his best friend in a similar situation to be able to not hurt Teyla and to keep her safe...this could have played out so differently, like he could have indeed seen her as a Wraith...but wasn't this so much better the fact that he never hurt her..and then, I just thought of this..but when he is in that tent like with her..and he's still not completely dazed, he tells Teyla in his cute voice, no violent urges yet...he was even expecting violent urges..and what I find interesting..is that if he knew that he was going to get violent, why didn't he say, let me leave you here cause I don't want to hurt you...no, he stayed..it's almost as if he knew he would never hurt her..and yet, he did ask her if she was experiencing any desires to kill him and he joked about it with her...and right before he turned he gave her the cutest smile...Jen posted that capped....and it just shows that the entire time, John almost knew consciously and unconsciously that he would never hurt Teyla...or it could just be my extra shippy glassees....but I could have sworn I didn't have time to wear them for this episode..I was too anxious..and btw..

Where is BP's report!
                Last edited by Jeyla4ever; 16 September 2006, 10:41 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

OH, give me a hug...

It's not you..it's me...see I can't go visit those threads and people here that know me better know why! I won't be a nice girl...not if they aren't been nice either...so, why even bother...

I like it that we don't have to comment about any other ship here because to me that seems like we have something to fear...and we don't....I am the first one to be blamed for coming in here all paranoid..but I've learned that it's not worth it....

If anything for me....I admire that you are able to go to other threads...I get to work up and upset...so, better of staying in the safe world and sometimes that it's not even the case...

but, one thing I like about everyone here, is that they are so respectful about other ships and that is something to be proud of...I think anyways....

Almost an entire episode of J/T has to mean something....other episodes for other ships are no where near this profound...John saving Weir's life..he has done it for ALL of THEM and on numerous occassions...but John confiding and sharing personal things with Teyla is only with her..and now another evidence that even Rachel knows that the foundation between these two is solid!

you know that I"ve been thinking about this..in a way this episode reminds me of LFP...not in content but in the way it was written....an episode with the two of them sharing something very personal and very much about stating another level of understanding in their relationship!

so sorry Steph...you are one of the nicest and reasonable and thought minded poster...I'm just the neurotic and the crazy Camy...

Thank you again so much, Camy! *Hugs!*

You know, I just keep seeing more and more each time I watch this beautiful ep. (I won't say how many times I've watched it already today, LOL!)

Spoiler:
                  I think it definitely shows a wonderful, deepening foundation for John and Teyla. And like you said, it was a very personal experience for both of them. I love that there are deep things that can be found as well as the more surfacey loves, like him carrying her. Gotta love an ep that showcases so many aspects!
                  Last edited by LoveConquers; 16 September 2006, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                    Thank you!

Thanks! Sure, take it and spread the love! I'm glad you like it... and I can't wait for you to finish that vid!
                    Thank you so much! And thanks again for the beautiful banner!

I've got a couple of vids in the works right now, so not sure which one will get finished first, lol! I also have plans for a possible Return 1 vid, if we get the right kind of scenes next week.

Comment

I love what everyone wrote here so far...see this is why I don't venture...what I don't know, doesn't hurt me or in this case, doesn't upset me...

Let people rant all they want..in the end, it only tells us one thing....they are watching J/T...hahahaha! POWER BE TO J/T loving....

also, what else do you expect them to say....Oh, poor J/T, they didn't get what they wanted...

Um....Let me see, we didn't get what we wanted....I don't know about you guys..but let's see if you guys saw what I saw....

Spoiler:
                      an entire episode where Teyla and John are together...Wooohoooo!
                      an episode again, where John is not himself, he's influence by an alien device..and not surprisingly, he doesn't want to shoot Teyla, like he did someone else....he does want to kill everyone else....and in the entire episode he was touching her one way or another...bandaging her wound....never leaving her side...even while he was still John...he let Ronon leave and stayed with Teyla....and he carried her throughout most of the episode....

and then in then end, when he was John...he chose to wait for the Deddy to get there...and not go back to Atlantis so quickly....hahahahaha! and instead sit next to Teyla...and never leave her side...thus protecting her and shielding her...in the end, another thing that Teyla knows about John...another private thing that they have between one another that is only between them...and not only did John risk his life for Teyla in this...but he never left her..and trusted her till the end...

I think subconsciously, his mind used someone significant and someone that was also hurt so that he could not only tend Teyla but also watch over her and protect her....

In addition people...we didn't hype anything more than what we hyped now...we didn't think that anything more than what happened would happened, we knew Teyla was going to get hurt and we knew John wasn't going to hurt her..if I"m not mistaken, that is what was specualated here..and that is exactly what happened, actually, we got better cause I remember Fate speculating that John would see Teyla as a Wraith..and she was so close..but in reality, it was better...John could never, never, never see Teyla as a Wraith....

in the end here is my thought...we know that TPTB aren't going to make this two romantically involved yet..or if ever....so, this is the closest that we will get for now...Not only did our girl Teyla save the day, she did it BEAUTIFULLY and with John there...we don't need our girl to be saved by John....like others...but yet he did! even when not himself...and this time, our girl save her man....all of them...

one more thing....when Rodney saw Teyla...he knew she couldn't move...so he knew that Teyla was the only one that could get through Sheppard! and that's exactly what she did...

finally, promise....Bambam was asked a question about J/T and in both replies he clearly stated that their relationship would be tested.....or something like that...Mallozzi said that this episode would be shippy and we know that their version of shippy is not our version...people what more do you want from these people that the only couple that is still and very much in its development stage is John and Teyla...so, one thing I disagree with all of you...this was very much a shippy episode....more shippy than Conversion and even more than TLG..why? because through the difficult times in John's life, not only was Teyla there by his side, but even against his will, he still protects her, defends her and trusts her completely! There is no other for him...and I love how VB put it...she's the only one for him....
                      Great post Camy

Agree with everything you said.

Lots of great comments and this ep was truley a wonderful John/Teyla episode. I don't know how you actually define shippy but for me there were loads of moments that I could define as being shippy.

Spoiler:
                      John doesn't have to verbally announce his feelings for Teyla to show us that he cares for her. Even under an alien influence he still doesn't see her as an enemy but someone who also ment a great deal to him. As others have said that to me was hugely significant. This episode was everything I hoped for and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. I didn't expect either of them to lip lock to solidify that they really do care about each other. Every single act in this ep showed me how much they mean to each other. Again its Teyla who manages to get through to Shep. There is such a fantastic bond between them and even in a hallucinatory state they can still connect with each other. This is as deep as most relationships go and John hasn't shared his inner most feelings with anyone the way he has with Teyla. So no we didn't get any romance but I really didn't expect any in a situation like this but IMO we got lots of lovely shippy moments because I don't think Shep would have reacted the same if it had been anyone but Teyla who was with him. If it had been Rodney he would have been toast by now.
                      sigpic

Comment

OH, Can't wait steph...you know that Bella and I have some request on vids...I'll PM you on what I'm looking for....hopefully you can give us some of those great ones that you do....

but you guys have to go to the Galleria..AG...just produced a Phantoms Wallie...see this is what I"m talking about...I see this episode as the one that we should be screaming and shouting about....

JOHN LOVES TEYLA! WOOHOOOOO!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien
                          Great post Camy

Agree with everything you said.

Lots of great comments and this ep was truley a wonderful John/Teyla episode. I don't know how you actually define shippy but for me there were loads of moments that I could define as being shippy.

Spoiler:
                          John doesn't have to verbally announce his feelings for Teyla to show us that he cares for her. Even under an alien influence he still doesn't see her as an enemy but someone who also ment a great deal to him. As others have said that to me was hugely significant. This episode was everything I hoped for and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. I didn't expect either of them to lip lock to solidify that they really do care about each other. Every single act in this ep showed me how much they mean to each other. Again its Teyla who manages to get through to Shep. There is such a fantastic bond between them and even in a hallucinatory state they can still connect with each other. This is as deep as most relationships go and John hasn't shared his inner most feelings with anyone the way he has with Teyla. So no we didn't get any romance but I really didn't expect any in a situation like this but IMO we got lots of lovely shippy moments because I don't think Shep would have reacted the same if it had been anyone but Teyla who was with him. If it had been Rodney he would have been toast by now.
                          *Pats the SCREEN*

Oh, BLUE...you HAVE SAID, what I haven't been able to say in two pages! LOL

I even confused poor LC...

jeepers...

See Blue's summary to interpret Camy's!

Okay...let's play a game...

Who would John have envision if it had been

a. Ronon injured
                          b. Rodney
                          c. Carson
                          d. Ford
                          e. Zelenka
                          f. Lorne
                          g. Weir
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome to all the newbies!

Hi Vaberella!!!!

Wow! Alot of J/T moments! This ep was left open to interpretation, but whether you see friendship or something more one thing can't be denied they have a strong bond.

Phantom Shippy Moments

Spoiler:
                            Teyla spots a dead body. John and Teyla stand close to each other as they watch Carson check out the body. The body is that of a Genii and Carson tells them he has been dead for months. John: Okay. We know our guys didn't do it. Teyla: And he wasn't fed on. So it wasn't the wraith. Teyla looks at John.

They go into a cave which was obviously owned previously by the wraith. They find another body. As they talk about that one Teyla finds another one and kneels beside it. John and Carson go over to her. As Carson checks out this body John stands by Teyla. Teyla looks up at John.

They find the bodies of Major Leonard's team with the exception of Major Leonard. They find a video camera on it they see Major Leonard kill his team. Teyla: Major Leonard killed his own men?! Teyla glances at John. Why would he do that? Teyla looks up at John. John looks at her. John (Shocked): I don't know. Ronon: Maybe what caused the Genii to turn on each other did the same to our people. John still in shock walks a small distance away from the group. Teyla watches him then looks down at the ground.

Back in the cave Teyla is helping Rodney with the machine. John walks over to check on Rodney. As they speak Teyla moves to John's side. Teyla informs John that she is trying to get Rodney to focus on turning the thing off instead of worrying about what it does. Which leads into a conversation about what Rodney thinks it does. Rodney says he hopes that this machine is the cause of Major Leonard's mental instability because he can only handle one bizarre thing at a time. Teyla exasperated looks at John. Rodney tells them that the problem could have been caused by the Genii who messed with the machine. John and Teyla exchange a look.

Ronon starts to hallucinate he is playing a dangerous cat and mouse game with wraith and runs off. John and Teyla go after him. The wraith ends up being Major Leonard, who believes he is fighting kull warriors. Major Leonard shoots Teyla in the leg. Hearing her cry out John immediately turns his attention on her. He yells at Ronon to provide them with cover fire as he goes to her side. John helps her up and gets her and himself behind a large tree stump. After a few more rounds of fire Major Leonard runs off and Ronon chases after him. John yells at Ronon to stop, but he doesn't listen. John turns around and it isn't Teyla he sees but Captain Holland an old comrade of his. Teyla: John? Captain Holland disappears and is replaced by Teyla. John? (Worried) Are you okay? John is confused and a bit shaken by the hallucination. John: Yeah. John looks down at Teyla's leg. He got you pretty good. John kneels down beside her. Got to stop the bleeding. He gives her a weak smile. Teyla continues to stare at him with concern.

John is helping Teyla through the forest and they come upon a makeshift shelter. They exchange a look. Teyla immediately turns herself around and grabs hold of a tree, as she holds her P90 in her other hand, and keeps a look out. John goes to check out the shelter. It is empty. John grabs Teyla and helps her into it. He kneels beside her and checks out her dressing. Teyla keeps looking up at him with concern. Teyla (There is a slight tremor in her voice.): John what just happened out there? The look on your face? The confusion? John looks down. John: Nothing. (Nonchalant) Somebody just popped into mind (Serious) and caught me off gaurd. Teyla: Do you think it has anything to do with the wraith generator? John: Hell if I know. Don't worry. John gives her a smile. I'm fine. No violent urges yet huh? John suddenly becomes concerned. What about you? Teyla stares at John. John raises his brows. Getting any ideas about killing me? Teyla slightly smiles and shakes her head. Teyla: No. John: That's good. Anyway if this is some sort of wraith experiment gone haywire (Hopefully) maybe that part of your DNA will make you immune to it. Major Leonard comes back and John confronts him. Major Leonard commits suicide. John in shock walks back to Teyla. Teyla looks up at John then away then back up at him again with sympathy. Teyla: I'm sorry. John hears the sound of engines and becomes alarmed. Teyla asks him what is wrong. John tells her he hears engines. Teyla (Greatly Worried): I hear nothing.

John is messing with Teyla's dressing then suddenly looks up alarmed. Teyla (Alarmed): Colonel? John: Shhhhh John creeps to the entrance. Teyla is worried but remains calm. Teyla: There is nothing outside. John: Your telling me you don't hear that? Teyla (Confused): What? John: People. Teyla (Worried): I hear nothing. John: Coming closer. Teyla (Firmly and Calmly): John listen to me. There is no one outside. You are imagining it. John leaves. (Panicked) John wait! This is when John begins his full-blown hallucination. He is back in Afghanistan. He sees everyone else as a member of the Taliban. Except Teyla who is his injured comrade Captain Holland. Back in reality John, keeping gaurd of the entrance, turns and looks at Teyla. John (Charmingly): Tell me something I don't know. He raises his brows and returns to guarding the entrance. Teyla: John. John doesn't respond. (Firmly) John listen to me! John turns and looks at her. John (Whispers): I'm going to get you out of here Captain don't worry. Then you buy the first rounds at Candor. (Not certain about the name.) John raises his brows and returns to guarding the entrance. Teyla stares at him concerned.

John's hallucination continues and he wakes up Teyla. Teyla looks at him. Teyla (Firmly): John whatever it is you are seeing it is not real. John turns and stares at her as he radios for help still trapped in his hallucination.

Teyla is clearly in pain. Teyla (Firmly): John. Major Leonard is dead. There is no more danger. Now I need you to get me to Dr. Beckett. I can't walk... John holds up his hand. It is Ronon who now thinks John is the wraith and John thinks he is part of the Taliban. Ronon and John fire upon each other. Teyla becomes panicked. (Yells) Ronon stop it's us! John nicks Ronon's arm causing him to retreat. John goes to Teyla's side and informs her what he has done. He also says he thinks Ronon will be back with backup so they must leave. Teyla: John. John we need... John pulls her up and they leave the shelter. John: Don't worry I am going to take care of his friends. Teyla looks at John with concern.

John is now carrying Teyla and they are headed towards the cave. They see Rodney and John points his P90 at him. Teyla: John no! She tries to hit the gun from his hand but fails. John shoots Rodney. John tries to Radio for help. Rodney tells Teyla they need to cut the power to the machine. Teyla turns to John. The interference is coming from in there. John looks in that direction but sees only empty desert. John: Nothing there but sand. Teyla (Insistent): There's an entrance to a cave. John (Irritated): There's nothing there! Teyla grabs John. Teyla: John you have to trust me! Now the enemy is jamming our radio signal. You have to disconnect the power! I can show you how, but you have to take me in there! Ronon shoots at John. Teyla wraps her arms around John's neck. Take me in there now! John pulls her up and takes her into the cave and to the machine. Reach in there. The largest cord. Follow it with your hand until you reach the end. John still sees nothing but desert and is confused. Teyla grabs John. Do it John! Then you can radio for help and get us out of here. John glances at Teyla then looks at where the machine is at and reaches into it. John then stares at Teyla as he continues. There that's it! Pull it! John obeys and all the hallucinations stop. After a brief talk with Ronon John turns back to Teyla. John: Lets get the hell out of here. John and Teyla stare at each other.

After informing Elizabeth on what happened and apologizing to Rodney and Ronon for shooting them John sits next to Teyla. Teyla glances at John twice. Teyla: So did you manage to get Captain Holland to safety? John is silent for a moment. John: No. Teyla nods. Teyla: Well we survived. John: Yes we did. Teyla gives him a small smile then looks down. They both stare at the dirt for a moment. Rodney: I can't believe you shot me! Teyla smiles and looks at John. John (Exasperated): Get some sleep Rodney! John and Teyla stretch out next to each other.

Comment

OH, Can't wait steph...you know that Bella and I have some request on vids...I'll PM you on what I'm looking for....hopefully you can give us some of those great ones that you do....

but you guys have to go to the Galleria..AG...just produced a Phantoms Wallie...see this is what I"m talking about...I see this episode as the one that we should be screaming and shouting about....

JOHN LOVES TEYLA! WOOHOOOOO!

Oh definitely, just send me any requests you have! I have a rather long list, so I can't guarantee anything and at best, it would probably be a while, but I'll do my best. Thank you!

And I'll join that sentiment, WOOOHOOOOO! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Panther
                                Welcome to all the newbies!

Hi Vaberella!!!!

Wow! Alot of J/T moments! This ep was left open to interpretation, but whether you see friendship or something more one thing can't be denied they have a strong bond.

Phantom Shippy Moments

Spoiler:
                                Teyla spots a dead body. John and Teyla stand close to each other as they watch Carson check out the body. The body is that of a Genii and Carson tells them he has been dead for months. John: Okay. We know our guys didn't do it. Teyla: And he wasn't fed on. So it wasn't the wraith. Teyla looks at John.

They go into a cave which was obviously owned previously by the wraith. They find another body. As they talk about that one Teyla finds another one and kneels beside it. John and Carson go over to her. As Carson checks out this body John stands by Teyla. Teyla looks up at John.

They find the bodies of Major Leonard's team with the exception of Major Leonard. They find a video camera on it they see Major Leonard kill his team. Teyla: Major Leonard killed his own men?! Teyla glances at John. Why would he do that? Teyla looks up at John. John looks at her. John (Shocked): I don't know. Ronon: Maybe what caused the Genii to turn on each other did the same to our people. John still in shock walks a small distance away from the group. Teyla watches him then looks down at the ground.

Back in the cave Teyla is helping Rodney with the machine. John walks over to check on Rodney. As they speak Teyla moves to John's side. Teyla informs John that she is trying to get Rodney to focus on turning the thing off instead of worrying about what it does. Which leads into a conversation about what Rodney thinks it does. Rodney says he hopes that this machine is the cause of Major Leonard's mental instability because he can only handle one bizarre thing at a time. Teyla exasperated looks at John. Rodney tells them that the problem could have been caused by the Genii who messed with the machine. John and Teyla exchange a look.

Ronon starts to hallucinate he is playing a dangerous cat and mouse game with wraith and runs off. John and Teyla go after him. The wraith ends up being Major Leonard, who believes he is fighting kull warriors. Major Leonard shoots Teyla in the leg. Hearing her cry out John immediately turns his attention on her. He yells at Ronon to provide them with cover fire as he goes to her side. John helps her up and gets her and himself behind a large tree stump. After a few more rounds of fire Major Leonard runs off and Ronon chases after him. John yells at Ronon to stop, but he doesn't listen. John turns around and it isn't Teyla he sees but Captain Holland an old comrade of his. Teyla: John? Captain Holland disappears and is replaced by Teyla. John? (Worried) Are you okay? John is confused and a bit shaken by the hallucination. John: Yeah. John looks down at Teyla's leg. He got you pretty good. John kneels down beside her. Got to stop the bleeding. He gives her a weak smile. Teyla continues to stare at him with concern.

John is helping Teyla through the forest and they come upon a makeshift shelter. They exchange a look. Teyla immediately turns herself around and grabs hold of a tree, as she holds her P90 in her other hand, and keeps a look out. John goes to check out the shelter. It is empty. John grabs Teyla and helps her into it. He kneels beside her and checks out her dressing. Teyla keeps looking up at him with concern. Teyla (There is a slight tremor in her voice.): John what just happened out there? The look on your face? The confusion? John looks down. John: Nothing. (Nonchalant) Somebody just popped into mind (Serious) and caught me off gaurd. Teyla: Do you think it has anything to do with the wraith generator? John: Hell if I know. Don't worry. John gives her a smile. I'm fine. No violent urges yet huh? John suddenly becomes concerned. What about you? Teyla stares at John. John raises his brows. Getting any ideas about killing me? Teyla slightly smiles and shakes her head. Teyla: No. John: That's good. Anyway if this is some sort of wraith experiment gone haywire (Hopefully) maybe that part of your DNA will make you immune to it. Major Leonard comes back and John confronts him. Major Leonard commits suicide. John in shock walks back to Teyla. Teyla looks up at John then away then back up at him again with sympathy. Teyla: I'm sorry. John hears the sound of engines and becomes alarmed. Teyla asks him what is wrong. John tells her he hears engines. Teyla (Greatly Worried): I hear nothing.

John is messing with Teyla's dressing then suddenly looks up alarmed. Teyla (Alarmed): Colonel? John: Shhhhh John creeps to the entrance. Teyla is worried but remains calm. Teyla: There is nothing outside. John: Your telling me you don't hear that? Teyla (Confused): What? John: People. Teyla (Worried): I hear nothing. John: Coming closer. Teyla (Firmly and Calmly): John listen to me. There is no one outside. You are imagining it. John leaves. (Panicked) John wait! This is when John begins his full-blown hallucination. He is back in Afghanistan. He sees everyone else as a member of the Taliban. Except Teyla who is his injured comrade Captain Holland. Back in reality John, keeping gaurd of the entrance, turns and looks at Teyla. John (Charmingly): Tell me something I don't know. He raises his brows and returns to guarding the entrance. Teyla: John. John doesn't respond. (Firmly) John listen to me! John turns and looks at her. John (Whispers): I'm going to get you out of here Captain don't worry. Then you buy the first rounds at Candor. (Not certain about the name.) John raises his brows and returns to guarding the entrance. Teyla stares at him concerned.

John's hallucination continues and he wakes up Teyla. Teyla looks at him. Teyla (Firmly): John whatever it is you are seeing it is not real. John turns and stares at her as he radios for help still trapped in his hallucination.

Teyla is clearly in pain. Teyla (Firmly): John. Major Leonard is dead. There is no more danger. Now I need you to get me to Dr. Beckett. I can't walk... John holds up his hand. It is Ronon who now thinks John is the wraith and John thinks he is part of the Taliban. Ronon and John fire upon each other. Teyla becomes panicked. (Yells) Ronon stop it's us! John nicks Ronon's arm causing him to retreat. John goes to Teyla's side and informs her what he has done. He also says he thinks Ronon will be back with backup so they must leave. Teyla: John. John we need... John pulls her up and they leave the shelter. John: Don't worry I am going to take care of his friends. Teyla looks at John with concern.

John is now carrying Teyla and they are headed towards the cave. They see Rodney and John points his P90 at him. Teyla: John no! She tries to hit the gun from his hand but fails. John shoots Rodney. John tries to Radio for help. Rodney tells Teyla they need to cut the power to the machine. Teyla turns to John. The interference is coming from in there. John looks in that direction but sees only empty desert. John: Nothing there but sand. Teyla (Insistent): There's an entrance to a cave. John (Irritated): There's nothing there! Teyla grabs John. Teyla: John you have to trust me! Now the enemy is jamming our radio signal. You have to disconnect the power! I can show you how, but you have to take me in there! Ronon shoots at John. Teyla wraps her arms around John's neck. Take me in there now! John pulls her up and takes her into the cave and to the machine. Reach in there. The largest cord. Follow it with your hand until you reach the end. John still sees nothing but desert and is confused. Teyla grabs John. Do it John! Then you can radio for help and get us out of here. John glances at Teyla then looks at where the machine is at and reaches into it. John then stares at Teyla as he continues. There that's it! Pull it! John obeys and all the hallucinations stop. After a brief talk with Ronon John turns back to Teyla. John: Lets get the hell out of here. John and Teyla stare at each other.

After informing Elizabeth on what happened and apologizing to Rodney and Ronon for shooting them John sits next to Teyla. Teyla glances at John twice. Teyla: So did you manage to get Captain Holland to safety? John is silent for a moment. John: No. Teyla nods. Teyla: Well we survived. John: Yes we did. Teyla gives him a small smile then looks down. They both stare at the dirt for a moment. Rodney: I can't believe you shot me! Teyla smiles and looks at John. John (Exasperated): Get some sleep Rodney! John and Teyla stretch out next to each other.

*Sighs happily* As always, a perfect summary, BP! Thank you so much! Now I want to watch it again! LOL!

And I love how you said that it's open to interpretation, so very true!

Spoiler:
                                While I still can't say I see this episode as shippy in the traditional sense, it is oh so important for both their friendship and their relationship. For reasons I've already listed, I do find it romantic in the soul-mate kind of way, and I do believe that was the writer's intention as well. Their comments basically tell us they intended this episode to have meaning. Whether you believe that meaning is simple friendship or much more as we believe, is open to interpretation. And thus the joys and the frustrations of classic Stargate.
                                Last edited by LoveConquers; 16 September 2006, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X